Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231684 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3640 on: December 15, 2010, 07:56:17 PM

Nebu, I'm just wrapping up chapter 1 of Risen (basically the real Gothic 4) and loving it. Some here don't like it because it's eurojanky, but I love the series and the voice acting is pretty decent this time around. If you don't mind retro graphics, Gothic 2 Gold is the previous high point in the series.

Divine Divinity is a diablo sorta thing but more rpg. Might not be a good fit since you didn't like TQ and Torchlight, but it's more of an rpg than either of those, imo. Still trying to get Sacred 2 running on Windows 7 (well, meaning to get back to trying), that looks like fun. Two Worlds was pretty eurojanky, I got distracted by something and never finished it. Drakensang is a lot of fun, but you have some companions in it.

Santa came early and gifted me a copy of Just Cause 2. Just jumped in for an hour to check it out, it's a lot of fun. Runs great on my system, runs good in 3D Vision (as a supported title), and the 3d really works well. Playing with the 360 controller, so shooting and looking takes some getting used to, but I prefer the controller for driving, so I'm sticking with it. Really looking forward to some mayhem with this one. Tradtional reaction of 'oh no, I'm pinned down by a dozen dudes, out of grenades, and here comes an APC with a 50 cal on the roof' turns into 'yay! 50 cal!' BLAM BLAM BLAM

You can tell they are working the 3D angle, too. Lots of the cut scenes and effects play it up without being too obnoxious.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3641 on: December 15, 2010, 08:11:38 PM

Totally unrelated to previous posts in this thread, I am playing a new game of STALKER.  I don't know why, I just had the urge to play something of that type, something where I can stand around and eyeball things through binoculars before creeping up and shooting them in the braincase with a silenced pistol, but that also had interesting parts.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3642 on: December 15, 2010, 09:40:06 PM

Tradtional reaction of 'oh no, I'm pinned down by a dozen dudes, out of grenades, and here comes an APC with a 50 cal on the roof' turns into 'yay! 50 cal!' BLAM BLAM BLAM

My personal mayhem preference there is to blow up stuff until they send in air support, then steal the helicopter as my escape plan.  It makes me a sad panda when there's no air support for them to send.   Sad Panda

Finished Risen last week.  Definitely worth playing through, but it does slow down some for the last third of the game which is more straight dungeon crawling rather than exploring, at which point you're already stupidly overpowered unless you did something weird.

Started up Fallout:  New Vegas, which I swore up and down I wasn't going to get until it was patched there and back again and all the DLC was released in game of the year form.  I blame Amazon having it for half price for this lapse.  Black Mountain Radio is pretty much the best thing ever though.

Trying to play Metro 2033, but my god, not only do I suck at that game, but it's actually giving me claustrophobia.  I may need to call it quits early on this one, which makes me sad.  The atmosphere is pretty outstanding.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3643 on: December 17, 2010, 06:44:58 PM

I'm trying to wrap up both Mass Effect and New Vegas, and I have to admit they are both getting a bit draggy.  I've been jumping over to Eschalon, an old school type RPG, which has been pretty fun. 
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3644 on: December 18, 2010, 04:18:11 AM

I'm hoping the Eshalon games go on Steam sale.  I played the demo and really liked it, but I'm having a hard time dropping $30 each for them. 
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3645 on: December 18, 2010, 01:06:35 PM

I popped BC2 into my PS3 to see if the new Vietnam maps were available yet. They aren't but there are a couple more traditional Battlefield maps available. I had a good time sniping and evade helicopter detection this afternoon.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3646 on: December 18, 2010, 05:14:22 PM

Been playing BC2 Vietnam all day. Its well worth the purchase if you are at all a BC2 fan. The artwork is amazing, the mechanics, if you can believe it, are a shade smoother than BC2 and it all seems to 'just work'. The maps aren't ginormous like the recently added maps for BC2. They are lots of maps with both camps fighting for control of a hill top. The weapon selection is limited, but hey, its a 15 dollar expansion, so its good for what you get. I especially love the M21 sniper rifle in HC mode. That said, my scores are absolutely terrible.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3647 on: December 19, 2010, 03:49:38 AM

I tried Minecraft today.

Oh shit.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3648 on: December 19, 2010, 05:57:57 AM

Ha Ha!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3649 on: December 19, 2010, 10:08:40 AM

I tried Minecraft today.

Oh shit.

Hah, this is why I'm staying way the hell away from that game.  Dwarf Fortress and MMOs are bad enough for me.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #3650 on: December 19, 2010, 11:28:29 AM

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3651 on: December 21, 2010, 06:59:15 PM

So I bought and downloaded WoW Cataclysm about a week ago.  Holy fuck it's boring. 
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3652 on: December 21, 2010, 07:08:32 PM

So I bought and downloaded WoW Cataclysm about a week ago.  Holy fuck it's boring. 

But you've been playing non stop all week anyway, and are just getting around to posting about it, amirite?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3653 on: December 21, 2010, 07:32:53 PM

But you've been playing non stop all week anyway, and are just getting around to posting about it, amirite?

Actually, no.  I decided to level up through some of the new stuff as a Tauren Paladin, got to level 15 in about two light nights of playing, and haven't been able to really log back on since. 
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3654 on: December 21, 2010, 07:48:55 PM

Like 1-12ish or so isn't new at all really for a Tauren. 

-Rasix
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3655 on: December 21, 2010, 07:56:13 PM

Like 1-12ish or so isn't new at all really for a Tauren.  

It seemed a bit different to me, but I hadn't played a new Tauren in a while.  All the level 1-6 quests were new, and a lot of the 7-12 weren't ones I had done before.  Well, at least in this current format. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3656 on: December 22, 2010, 08:26:48 AM

Still working through Risen and Just Cause 2. Great balance, I love having two differently-paced games going at once. Sit in the evening with a crackling fire and play through Risen, getting immersed in the world; then jump into Just Cause 2 and get an adrenaline shot of over-the-top action.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3657 on: December 22, 2010, 08:35:41 AM

The Christmas game splurge has started early! I will be alternating through Battlefield Bad Company 2 Multiplayer, Blood Bowl (if there's a spot in the F13 league when a new season opens up, let me know!), Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers, Napoleon: Total War, Madden on the 360, FIFA 11 on the 360, Forza Motorsports 2 and somehow find some time for EQ2X, Final Fantasy XII for the PS2 that I bought last Christmas but haven't played, and Persona 3 (about 20 hours into it).

WayAbvPar

Reply #3658 on: December 22, 2010, 04:26:04 PM

The Christmas game splurge has started early! I will be alternating through Battlefield Bad Company 2 Multiplayer, Blood Bowl (if there's a spot in the F13 league when a new season opens up, let me know!), Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers, Napoleon: Total War, Madden on the 360, FIFA 11 on the 360, Forza Motorsports 2 and somehow find some time for EQ2X, Final Fantasy XII for the PS2 that I bought last Christmas but haven't played, and Persona 3 (about 20 hours into it).

I just started playing BF:BC2 again this week (they suckered me back in with Vietnam), so add me to your friends list so we can get shot to pieces by all the hackers together!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #3659 on: December 22, 2010, 04:33:00 PM

Dude, how is Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers?  I was thinking of getting it.  This is coming from a guy who never got into Magic and doesn't know the rules but always longingly loked at the Magic nerds table in highschool as brethren.  I read bad reviews about the computer game.  Good introductory experience or no?
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #3660 on: December 22, 2010, 04:53:29 PM

Should have just used a trial account like I did. Took one run of Wailing Caverns for me to "DONE! *Walk away*"
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3661 on: December 22, 2010, 07:18:08 PM

I'm mostly playing "install shit on new computer, troubleshoot wife's computer, my old computer died, transfer stuff from it's drives to other computer".

It's not as fun as it sounds...  ACK!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3662 on: December 23, 2010, 10:28:59 AM

I played that for a week at work (including 14 hours on a Saturday  Sad Panda ) not long ago. It blows.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3663 on: December 23, 2010, 11:07:46 AM

I just got done playing (install the new PSU after it exploded, along with new RAM).

Now I'm playing all my games on hi-def settings!  awesome, for real

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3664 on: December 23, 2010, 12:43:26 PM

Dude, how is Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers?  I was thinking of getting it.  This is coming from a guy who never got into Magic and doesn't know the rules but always longingly loked at the Magic nerds table in highschool as brethren.  I read bad reviews about the computer game.  Good introductory experience or no?
It's a good intro experience.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3665 on: December 23, 2010, 05:08:51 PM

Should have just used a trial account like I did. Took one run of Wailing Caverns for me to "DONE! *Walk away*"

I should have known better.  The burnout makes it so that they could probably cover it in chocolate and blow jobs and it wouldn't interest me.  And that sucks.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3666 on: December 23, 2010, 05:27:21 PM

I played that for a week at work (including 14 hours on a Saturday  Sad Panda ) not long ago. It blows.

It got better. The 1tb sata drive in the 2-day-old PC which I'd spent the better part of 2 days installing many gigabytes of Steam games onto, had a fatal shit-itself error and is 90% DOA. I've been backing up the Steam stuff to an external using the excruciatingly slow Windows backup program for the last 4 hours. Seems to be about 53% done. Yay.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #3667 on: December 24, 2010, 03:30:00 AM

Fallout 3 GOTY. Holy hell what have I been missing all this time. Loving it. By the time I get through with this I'll be able to get New Vegas on the cheap with all it's extras and after that Skyrim with all it's goodies. I learned my lesson with Morrowind and Neverwinter Nights. I just wait now until the big pack o' stuff comes out and then buy it. Saves a bunch of money which is in short supply.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3668 on: December 24, 2010, 09:23:13 AM

I'm enjoying it. The biggest downside is that you can't really customize or build your own decks - you only unlock cards from pre-made decks. But the play itself is pretty decent, it's a good way to learn the rules of Magic and you can play local co-op or Internet head to head play. I've enjoyed it. Got it as a Christmas gift but it would have been worth it for the $10 it's going for now.

Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #3669 on: December 24, 2010, 03:42:12 PM

Is Fallout 3 worth creating a window's partition on my Mac to play? I hear so much about New Vegas that I am contemplating jumping off the Cataclysm ship and re-addicting myself to something else.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #3670 on: December 24, 2010, 03:59:55 PM

I'm hoping the Eshalon games go on Steam sale.  I played the demo and really liked it, but I'm having a hard time dropping $30 each for them. 

I'd pounce on each for $10 or both for $25.  Not sure why those games have never been on sale.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3671 on: December 24, 2010, 07:45:40 PM

I'd pounce on each for $10 or both for $25.  Not sure why those games have never been on sale.

Exactly.  That's my exact price point on them. 
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #3672 on: December 25, 2010, 05:00:13 PM

Exactly.  That's my exact price point on them. 

You'd think all the hardcores would have bought the game already.  Like, I'm never buying that game for $35.  It just won't happen.  There are at least two guys here that would buy it at the above price point, and indubitably a fuckload more if they had a splash page as part of a Steam sale. 
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3673 on: December 25, 2010, 06:16:46 PM

Blood bowl. Tried to give anno 1404 a shot but found it to be humorless.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3674 on: December 25, 2010, 06:55:00 PM

Is Fallout 3 worth creating a window's partition on my Mac to play? I hear so much about New Vegas that I am contemplating jumping off the Cataclysm ship and re-addicting myself to something else.

Yes. 
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: