Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:26:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231477 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3465 on: October 23, 2010, 04:22:39 AM

Seems less deep than #2, or maybe it's the crap tutorials in Tri.

Which version of 2 are you playing?  From reading, it looks like there's a ps2 and a psp version.  I've been debating getting a 3000 for myself recently and was wondering if there were decent games on it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3466 on: October 23, 2010, 10:06:47 PM

Seems less deep than #2, or maybe it's the crap tutorials in Tri.

Which version of 2 are you playing?  From reading, it looks like there's a ps2 and a psp version.  I've been debating getting a 3000 for myself recently and was wondering if there were decent games on it.

The PSP version, didn't know there was one for PS2 or I'd have that one.  Was $20 at BestBuy.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3467 on: October 24, 2010, 07:04:37 AM

New Vegas. I thought I was going to regret it. Lots of reviews with nightmare bugs and Obsidian...but so far so good. I can't wait to get off work and fire it up again. Finally shelving Dead Rising 2. Best PC port effort from Capcom so far!

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #3468 on: October 24, 2010, 11:18:06 AM

Yeah, New Vegas. It's totally worth putting up with the bugs. There's so much colour and warmth in it compared to FO3.

That said, it has that kind of "retro" (i.e. unpolished) plot layout so you can end up skipping huge parts of the quest storylines, which leaves you sad, confused and a little frustrated because it didn't really make sense in the end. Considering the general quality of the writing I know it should make sense, but it doesn't always do. The Gomorrah quest, for example, lets me go shoot the two big knobs without even really knowing who they are yet.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3469 on: October 24, 2010, 11:46:13 AM

I've been flipping back and forth between LotRO's harvest festival and STO.

I still think STO's an enjoyable casual MMG. I can ignore the occasional need for ground combat when I spend most of my time on the superior space combat or on the increasing numbers of conversation and item-based puzzle and choice quests. I cured a plague running amok through my crew. You can't get much more Star Trek than that.

The first Devidian weekly mission is hot shit - lots of creepy cinematic moments (though the attempts to build tension are utterly nullified by their marketing the story arc as being about Devidians). There's a sequence on a beat-to-shit Cardassian flagship where the aliens keep phasing in and out of reality that's quite nice. A bit too nice, in fact - the combination of effects crashed my client three times, and my video card once.

EDIT: Finished thought interrupted by #26 in an unlimited issue series of childcare crises.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:59:28 PM by Stormwaltz »

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3470 on: October 25, 2010, 08:21:54 AM

When the mood strikes me: Borderlands.  I don't know why I was so fed up with this game after I beat it the first time around, its really quite charming and remains fun, even with .ini editing shenanigans necessary.   We'll see how long it lasts.

I just bought these.  If you don't feel like shelling out the dough and can wait until I get through them I'll try to let you know what I think.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3471 on: October 25, 2010, 08:37:25 AM

Repaired my Rock Band guitar with a pair of 99c mercury switches from Fry's.  Aghast at the wiring inside of the guitar, and understand why every single solder point is also hot-glued now.  In unrelated news, my soldering skills are still sub-par.

But playing the game and just having star power work was more than worth the frustration.   awesome, for real Heart  awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3472 on: October 25, 2010, 01:31:09 PM

Had a tiny break from Vegas. Beat Comic Jumper, got the ringtone. Flagellated self with SMB. Back to Vegas now.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3473 on: October 25, 2010, 01:47:26 PM

I'm playing Medieval 2 as the English. I hate the Holy Roman Empire.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3474 on: October 26, 2010, 04:03:53 PM

Fable 2 and doing holiday achievements in WoW.

Ordered Fable 3 on Amazon (free $20 gift card) and am having second thoughts.  Fallout: NV keeps calling but I'm certain it'll run like poop on my system and I'm sure I'll be someone that encounters the myriad of bugs.  GAH. 

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3475 on: October 26, 2010, 04:16:58 PM

Keyboard controller and RB3 are sitting in my trunk waiting to be unleashed when I get home. I am the worst keyboard player ever to sneak out of college with a music degree (pity pass on my 8th semester of a 4 semester piano class FTW.) The fail will be epic, I am sure.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3476 on: October 26, 2010, 07:05:49 PM

Question about Dead Rising 2 - if when I buy it, will I ever play DR1 again?

I enjoyed the running around and randomly killing zombies aspect of DR1, but hated the plot, camera subplot and the whole "play through, die, restart with slighly more experience, rinse, repeat" aspect to it. I don't think I'd ever have the patience for a cockstabby 10min boss fight, if that's how you finish the game. I never even got as far as killing the guys in the jeep with the .50cal.

If DR2's random zombie killing is substantially better, I'll pack the first one away shortly (doing some spring cleaning). Maybe have one more session with it for old times' sake before I do.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3477 on: October 27, 2010, 06:00:25 AM

I think they mostly fixed irritating parts rather than improved upon great parts.  For zombie-bashing, the improvement was the weapon combo system.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3478 on: October 27, 2010, 07:50:46 AM

Undead Nightmare for RDR is really impressive. Super creepy atmosphere, it's really cool to return to this world and these characters in such a twisted fashion.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3479 on: October 27, 2010, 10:46:12 AM

Keyboard controller and RB3 are sitting in my trunk waiting to be unleashed when I get home. I am the worst keyboard player ever to sneak out of college with a music degree (pity pass on my 8th semester of a 4 semester piano class FTW.) The fail will be epic, I am sure.

Is there a bundle with the keyboard controller and game?  Saw a mention of it a couple of times, but unable to find one so far...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3480 on: October 27, 2010, 10:52:39 AM

There are keyboard bundles, but not for the PS3 for some reason.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

Reply #3481 on: October 27, 2010, 10:54:00 AM

I am a weak, weak man.

On the other hand, I now free Fable 3 preorder codes for whenver I eventually get it.  The reviews aren't great, but aren't really scaring me off either.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:57:33 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3482 on: October 27, 2010, 12:20:44 PM

Is there a bundle with the keyboard controller and game?  Saw a mention of it a couple of times, but unable to find one so far...

Fry's had a bundle for xbox yeah.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3483 on: October 27, 2010, 12:49:09 PM

There are keyboard bundles, but not for the PS3 for some reason.

swamp poop

On that note, the RB2 non-export list:

“Let There Be Rock” by AC/DC
“Any Way You Want It” by Journey
“Battery” by Metallica
“Give It Away” by Red Hot Chili Peppers
“Spoonman” by Soundgarden

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3484 on: October 27, 2010, 12:55:13 PM

Last night I went back to Mass Effect 2 and remembered how much I love this game, particularly the sound and visuals.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3485 on: October 27, 2010, 01:30:11 PM

Last night I went back to Mass Effect 2 and remembered how much I love this game, particularly the sound and visuals.
With the gtx 460 I can now play ME2 in 3D...it's...amazing. The early sequence when you're walking through the ripped-open Normandy 1.0, debris flying everywhere, the planet hovering above you...holy crap.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3486 on: October 27, 2010, 01:41:56 PM

Hmmm.  Not quite sold on 3D yet.  Mostly because all of my electronic shit is breaking.  But I will be needing a new TV soon, if the dark stripes are any indication.

Rasix

Reply #3487 on: October 27, 2010, 01:44:50 PM

I already wear glasses.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3488 on: October 27, 2010, 01:52:30 PM

Ah, yes.  That also.  Guess I'll get one of those 120Hz units since my wife thinks it's 3D.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3489 on: October 29, 2010, 03:44:13 AM

Undead Nightmare for RDR is really impressive. Super creepy atmosphere, it's really cool to return to this world and these characters in such a twisted fashion.

Tell me more.

I think they mostly fixed irritating parts rather than improved upon great parts.  For zombie-bashing, the improvement was the weapon combo system.

So it makes DR1 obsolete, then?

on that note, the RB2 non-export list:
“Let There Be Rock” by AC/DC
“Any Way You Want It” by Journey
“Battery” by Metallica
“Give It Away” by Red Hot Chili Peppers
“Spoonman” by Soundgarden

Erm, so what if you bought, say, the DLC album of Blood Sugar Sex Magick?

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3490 on: October 29, 2010, 11:15:48 AM

I already wear glasses.
The nvidia glasses fit fine over regular glasses unless maybe you're rocking something from 1978.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3491 on: October 29, 2010, 11:50:05 AM

The DLC all works for everything, it is only a couple of the songs from the actual games that have license issues.

Mind you the old DLC does not have keyboard or pro support, though they've said they will consider adding that to certain tracks at some point. The pro strings stuff apparently takes them long enough that it will cost an extra buck or something though.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #3492 on: October 29, 2010, 12:08:59 PM

I already wear glasses.
The nvidia glasses fit fine over regular glasses unless maybe you're rocking something from 1978.

/derail

3D TV discussions always makes me think of Kenny Powers in East Bound and Down now:

"Don't get all excited dude, 3D TV is gay.  Nobody wants to sit on a couch wearing glasses, popping bubbles out of the air like some sort of fucked up Ray Charles"  why so serious?

/carry-on
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3493 on: October 29, 2010, 03:19:25 PM

Dead Rising 2 improvements

I never played the first one but I could see that level gains are much, much easier now with the combo weapon systems.
Previously, you had to take photos if you want to level quick, but this time, you get 100-300 points per kill when wielding a combined weapon like spiked baseball bat, knife boxing gloves. etc. You won't feel much of the grind if you focus on rescuing survivors and ripping zombies up with those glorious crafted weapons.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3494 on: October 30, 2010, 01:21:21 AM

The DLC all works for everything, it is only a couple of the songs from the actual games that have license issues.
Mind you the old DLC does not have keyboard or pro support, though they've said they will consider adding that to certain tracks at some point. The pro strings stuff apparently takes them long enough that it will cost an extra buck or something though.

I mean in terms of the fact that I've bought "the album" except that one track was part of the RM2 disc. So I'll have all of the album except for the key single?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3495 on: October 30, 2010, 08:56:31 PM

Ah, that, I don't know.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3496 on: October 31, 2010, 12:02:00 AM

How much of it is SP, MP or 2-player co-op?

I've been trying to find out, but most reviews are somewhat spoilerific, so I've been trying to skim without much success. Also, I haven''t finished the main game yet, so they're even more spoilerific.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3497 on: October 31, 2010, 04:29:15 AM

I'm picking it up this week when I get paid, but I've heard that the undead DLC is entirely single player and is a separate game world so that it doesn't break continuity when you want to play the regular game again.  Almost all the previous DLC was multiplayer, so this adds a little bit of something else to the mix.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #3498 on: October 31, 2010, 04:45:17 AM

I'm picking it up this week when I get paid, but I've heard that the undead DLC is entirely single player and is a separate game world so that it doesn't break continuity when you want to play the regular game again.  Almost all the previous DLC was multiplayer, so this adds a little bit of something else to the mix.
Yeah, the undead nightmare single player stuff is separate from the single player game (It seems like your outfits are the only things that transfers over). From what I've played single player is a lot of fun, and just so people know, bullets are super rare (like, 1 in 6 zombies will drop maybe 1 - 2 bullets), although if you save a town you'll get about twenty bullets for a random gun (you might not even have that gun yet, you start with the cattleman and shotgun and get new guns by saving towns). Supposedly you get a gun that uses zombie remains as ammunition, but I haven't run into it after two hours of play (although I have a tendency to dick around areas). Good thing zombie blood is made of turpentine though, you'll be headshotting a lot of zombies with the torch.

The only multiplayer component is a game mode where you have to survive waves of zombies (although when you aim it auto aims for the head, which makes it strange).

tl;dr if you liked the singleplayer game and wanted more, get it. Full of the same humor (exaggerated in areas) and feels as genuine as the original game. If you only want more multiplayer content, don't get it.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3499 on: October 31, 2010, 01:57:25 PM

How much of it is SP, MP or 2-player co-op?

Honestly I played RDR multiplayer a grand total of maybe 15 minutes, as far as I'm concerned it's a single player game, so I haven't even investigated what MP aspect there is to this DLC. I think there is some kind of mode where you fight off waves of zombies with other players.

As for the single player, if you like RDR's single player experience I think you'd really like Undead Nightmare as a twist on that basic concept. I really like John as a player character and it's fun to watch him in cutscenes with the various other characters from the standard adventure. Even his ambient comments have been updated to reflect his horrific new reality. The combat is tougher than what I remember, as of course all the zombies want to close in to melee range, and i find myself making great use of the run button to gain a bit of yardage, turn and pop off a few heads, then run some more. Got myself eaten by a zombie bear. Good times basically - the old west creepified.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: