Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:37:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2255144 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3395 on: October 04, 2010, 08:03:27 PM

Was going to run some skirmishes in LotRO, but I looked at "funny" pictures on the internet for 1.5 hours.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Famine
Developers

Funcom

Reply #3396 on: October 05, 2010, 11:12:34 AM

Still playing a lot of SSFIV! Hit me up if anyone wants to play on the 360 online.

Glen 'Famine' Swan
Senior Assistant Community Manager
Funcom Inc.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3397 on: October 05, 2010, 11:22:58 AM

I'm too old and slow to play vs fighters anymore. /sadf

Today I bought Dragon Quest IX, solely on the suggestion of my pal Ard.  If it sucks, I also have (inexplicably) purchased Monster Hunter 2.  I think I am just having some sort of Castlevania spasm (see if you can figure out that link).

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3398 on: October 05, 2010, 11:59:02 AM

I also tried to help you with your ps3 though, and look where that got you.  You should probably stop listening to me.

Still playing Alpha Protocol and liking it a fair amount.  Finished up Moscow, busy murdering my way through Rome now.  I definitely see the replayability of this game though, because it's already got me curious how things would have turned out had I done things in a different order or responded differently.

Picked up Nier when it was on sale from amazon last week.  Itching to stare insanity in the face to see if I flinch.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3399 on: October 05, 2010, 12:20:15 PM

OK.  I'll change it so that if DQIX sucks, I'll play Rocket Slime instead.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3400 on: October 05, 2010, 01:56:38 PM

Playing wait for the UPS truck (that hopefully arrives tomorrow).

I should really just move to Edison, NJ.
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #3401 on: October 06, 2010, 12:41:35 PM

Every since downloading the soundtrack I've wanted to play  Silent Hill 2, but dont have a PS2 and am not going to buy one.

Is the first one worth playing through? I think I can just get it off of the PSN store.
PkProjects
Terracotta Army

Reply #3402 on: October 06, 2010, 02:23:26 PM

Currently playing a lot of
Starcraft 2
League of Legends
Tekken 6 (ps3)
CoD:MW2 (ps3)
Plants vs Zombies
And waiting for Gran Turismo 5 and Need for Speed: Hot pursuit. Buying those and auto-addict when released.

"Atheism. The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itsself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs. Makes perfect sense."
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3403 on: October 06, 2010, 03:42:23 PM

You know what I'm not playing?  I'm not playing the Wii Guilty Party game I just bought for my daughter because one of my asshole cats ate through the sensor bar wire.  I can't seem to splice them back together properly, either.  I guess I should be happy it took them three years to finally find that thin little wire.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3404 on: October 06, 2010, 03:46:10 PM

My cat loved to eat through that little wire. It was a couple of years ago but I was able to splice it together. Couldn't get it to work until I took a flame to burn off the wire coating so it could make the connection then wrap it with a little electrical tape.

Also, currently playing Civ 5 and trying to get into LotRO. I don't have to be back to work until 1pm Friday so I'm thinking of picking up Dead Rising 2 tonight.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:47:57 PM by MuffinMan »

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3405 on: October 07, 2010, 01:28:57 PM

You know what I'm not playing?  I'm not playing the Wii Guilty Party game I just bought for my daughter because one of my asshole cats ate through the sensor bar wire.  I can't seem to splice them back together properly, either.  I guess I should be happy it took them three years to finally find that thin little wire.

This should help  :)

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3406 on: October 07, 2010, 02:42:10 PM

Yeah, the wife stopped on the way home from the office and bought one for me.  It's nice to not have wires, but damn I gotta buy another set of rechargable AAs now.

Also, for a kid 8-12 years old, Disney's Guilty Party on the Wii isn't half bad.  Imagine playing Clue with mini games to interrogate or clue search.  Party mode offers virtually infinite replayability and it plays a lot like a board game.  It seems pretty easy, but again, it looks like it's more for kids.  Thumbs up, so far. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3407 on: October 08, 2010, 05:23:20 AM

LotRO
Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels
Castlevania: What The Shit

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3408 on: October 08, 2010, 08:56:39 AM

Mostly just Dead Rising 2.  The game is fantastic outside of the psycopath battles.  They're kind of stupid in that you need to really stock up on healing items and it helps to have the best crafted weapons.  Almost every psycho also has an attack that jumps into you outside of melee range, knocking you down, and allowing them to easily get away.   Boxing knives for the win (boxing gloves + bowie knife).

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3409 on: October 08, 2010, 10:13:50 AM

Beat Alpha Protocol, thought it was an absolutely stellar game, and even pondered a replay to try out different things, which I never do.  I still don't understand why this game got panned so badly.  Shelving it for now to move on though.

Yegolev, you'll be happy to know that I moved on to Mana Khemia 2 finally.  I'm starting to remember why I more or less played through the first one straight again though, my god it's like crack.  The only sad note is that I had to hook my ps2 back up because it wouldn't run on my ps3, and thus looks worse than usual on my tv. 
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3410 on: October 08, 2010, 11:00:27 AM

I actually beat a game!  awesome, for real

It was Infamous, and on hard mode too. The ending was super good.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3411 on: October 11, 2010, 09:26:12 AM

Yegolev, you'll be happy to know that I moved on to Mana Khemia 2 finally.  I'm starting to remember why I more or less played through the first one straight again though, my god it's like crack.  The only sad note is that I had to hook my ps2 back up because it wouldn't run on my ps3, and thus looks worse than usual on my tv. 

I'm glad someone is playing it.  I don't want to connect my PS2 until I figure out what is killing my consoles.  The warranty on that thing expired in 2001. Ohhhhh, I see.

Did you pick the boy?  Because I picked the girl and swamp poop

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3412 on: October 11, 2010, 09:28:11 AM

Oh right:
Castlevania: Dark God of War ... but this one isn't going to last long I think.
LotRO
Shadow Complex
Just Cause 2, the slightly inferior 360 edition.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3413 on: October 11, 2010, 09:59:47 AM

Started a new Civ 5 game as india and am going to go for a culture victory (we'll see how this goes, god damn montezuma spawned roughly 4 feet from me  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?). 

So, Starcraft 2 if I have any mid morning to mid-afternoon gaming time (usually only weekends and fridays), with maybe a couple friendly matches during the week (I find that I can't really play it after 8pm or so).

Later evenings - Civ 5

When the mood strikes me: Borderlands.  I don't know why I was so fed up with this game after I beat it the first time around, its really quite charming and remains fun, even with .ini editing shenanigans necessary.   We'll see how long it lasts.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3414 on: October 11, 2010, 10:04:14 AM

Did you pick the boy?  Because I picked the girl and swamp poop

You would pick the girl.   my what do we have here?
But the boy's story is just as screwed up in all likelyhood.  This game goes from one moment of what in the hell to another, same as the first one.  I'll cry if there are no aliens though.

Picked up Final Fantasy: the 4 Heroes of Light this weekend, because clearly what I'm lacking were enough games, and started working through that.  It seems to actually start out pretty hard, but from what I've heard it gets almost too easy as the various classes unlock.  Seems interesting so far though, but I'm only like 2 hours in.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3415 on: October 11, 2010, 10:05:26 AM

But the boy's story is just as screwed up in all likelyhood.

It's really about the voicework and the characters.

AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3416 on: October 12, 2010, 08:53:07 AM

Playing Risen, which I missed last year. Enjoying it, kind of a talk-fest, but decent voice acting keeps it going, and I like the combat system, it takes a bit of skill. The game world is appealing to explore and has a nice atmosphere.

Still playing Halo Reach, have yet to finish the campaign, playing on Heroic in bits and pieces. Mainly just play deathmatch with my kids in levels that I make in Forge.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3417 on: October 12, 2010, 12:15:56 PM

Playing L4D2 mostly.  Tired getting back into Borderlands, but just not feeling it.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3418 on: October 12, 2010, 01:43:01 PM

Tried some MAG 2.0. It's got many nice new things, but it doesn't really help when the root problem is crappy map design.

edit: the word on the street is that Move is the new hotness in fps controls, at least as far as MAG goes. Have we dual stick plebeians finally gotten our due as the clearly superior keyboard and mouse waggle gaming master race descends upon us?

another edit: haha, seems that Move has different mechanics, namely there is no upwards drift due to recoil. So basically they made waggle easier so that people would buy the controller to keep up with the joneses.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:02:41 PM by jakonovski »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3419 on: October 12, 2010, 02:05:08 PM

Alright, this is sort of funny.  I seem to be playing Monster Hunter 2 and 3 at the same time.  The weird thing is that #2 seems to have more stuff in it.  Also, I can play it on the shitter.

Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #3420 on: October 16, 2010, 10:24:21 AM

Guess it's time for an update.

PC.
WoW, of course. 4.0 has been keeping me busy. Not so much raiding or running heroics as fixing addons and revamping characters. Still, the new stuff is interesting. The raids/dungeons considerably less so. Hunter may go PvP.
Borderlands. Few Knoxx runs here and there. In a holding pattern waiting for the patch.
ME2. Yeah, this still. Do about one mission a night. Getting oddball PC save ready for ME3. That's what I tell myself anyway.
KotOR. Thank you Steam. About an hour or two every couple of nights. Retro-gaming!

Borderlands. See above, though still do some drunken arena stuff from time to time. Different friends from the PC version--these guys drink.
Gears 2. More drunken antics after work on weekends. Mostly an excuse to do stuff with friends on Live.

PS2.
Yes, that's the PS2
Xenosaga--all three of them. Trying to actually play this puppy through without any huge breaks. Just scored NIB Ep2 and 3 el cheapo, so it's on. God help me.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3421 on: October 16, 2010, 10:29:54 AM

Worked for 7 days straight so this weekend is dedicated to gaming and other nerdy pastimes. Kicked things off yesterday by playing WoW for 6 hours straight. Today has been a mix of Blacklight: Tango Down and the comic DMZ.

jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3422 on: October 16, 2010, 02:58:22 PM

Still playing Lord of Ultima, nearing 300 cities at the moment. It's tedious and boring but now that they "promised" the endgame will happen sometime this year, there's at least some incentive to play and build armies etc.

Guardian of Light, we played 9 (of 15) chapters today as co-op. The co-op game certainly seems to have bugs and at times you can cheat with respawn, but it's a lot of fun, also it's great that the puzzles usually work different in co-op and single player.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 03:02:21 PM by jth »
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3423 on: October 17, 2010, 04:11:45 PM

Nehrim, total conversion mod for Oblivion. At 1.5 GB it replaces all of the content, improves the graphics, and changes the leveling system to require XP from kills, exploration and quests for learning points. There still some small vestiges of the old leveling system, but they are just a minor bonus for the use of skills now. Pretty good so far, most certainly better than Oblivion was. No more enemies that gain power as you do and no more randomly generated dungeons to provide fake exploration. It's german dialog with english subtitles, but that's more quaint than annoying for me. It's like I'm in a strange land with a bizarre, guttural language!

I need a little more time to form a complete opinion, but I daresay it's what Oblivion should have been.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3424 on: October 17, 2010, 10:47:41 PM

Got Medal of Honor. Haven't played much of the Single Player yet, but the Multiplayer is pretty standard. It doesn't seem an improvement over, say, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3425 on: October 18, 2010, 06:37:12 AM

Video card crapped out on my PC, so I through Fable 2 back in the 360 to see if I could finish it before 3 comes out. Glad I did, I'd not played far enough to encounter Reaver before.

Now I'm just wrapping things up post game, building my bankroll up to a million to buy Fairfax Castle. Haven't decided which of my five families is going to live there. Probably the undead one.

I wish more RPGs were designed to let you keep playing a little post storyline like this.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3426 on: October 18, 2010, 06:44:37 AM

Dead Rising 2.

Trying to save my daughter by raising enough cash to buy her daily dose of anti zombie medicine. I smashed slot machines till I got enough while fighting off hundreds of zombies. When I brought back the $25,000 worth of zombrex injection she said she finished unlocking a new weapon for Megaman on her PSP. Awwwwww.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3427 on: October 18, 2010, 07:51:47 AM

Played a lot of Borderlands this weekend.  Enjoying in quite a bit again.  Bought Mad Moxxi's Underdome DLC, mostly for the bank space, and haven't tried the actual content yet.   For some reason the game feels more like what I wanted it to be initially this time around, perhaps my expectations being tempered helps.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3428 on: October 18, 2010, 07:59:22 AM

PS2.
Yes, that's the PS2
Xenosaga--all three of them. Trying to actually play this puppy through without any huge breaks. Just scored NIB Ep2 and 3 el cheapo, so it's on. God help me.

You'll fucking need it. I gave up on the first one about 30 hours in - probably 5-6 hours from finishing it. There's one fight that is just absolute bullshit in boss cheat mechanics. It would have pretty much necessitated me going back and grinding like 5 or 6 levels for each character and I just couldn't take it. I liked the mechanics of it, but they weren't really interesting enough to keep grinding on very samey-samey combat encounters until my eyes bled. Persona 3 was so much better. It's a shame too, because I did really like the story despite its weaboo.

Playing the shit out of FIFA 11 on the 360 with bouts of Forza 2 in between and EQ2X at lunch.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3429 on: October 18, 2010, 08:03:37 AM

I need a little more time to form a complete opinion, but I daresay it's what Oblivion should have been.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/nehrim-at-fates-edge

I am intrigued by this and would like you to post a full opinion of your findings in one week. Get cracking!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: