Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2255223 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3325 on: September 14, 2010, 10:12:32 AM

Subbed to WoW, not playing it.  Not entirely sure I'm excited about it enough anymore to enjoy the xpac when it arrives.

Sounds familiar.  I just resubbed and now don't really feel like playing.  I thought about trying the new f2p EQ2 or LOTRO and figured I'd just rather pay for WoW.  Ohhhhh, I see.

New DeathSpank next week? Awesome.

Now to find something I actually want to play until then.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3326 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:05 AM

I tried to get back into WoW by fucking around on an alt, but it failed. I just can't give a damn about the game even though I'm subbed.

Why isn't Civ 5 here yet?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3327 on: September 15, 2010, 11:52:30 AM

Any opinions on the Shadow Hearts series, and did they age well enough to play for the first time now? I'm thinking of picking those up off ebay/amazon. Should I skip any of them or is playing them in order worth it? Or avoid all together at this time?

If you can play PS2 games, the first two are some of the best JRPGs I have played.  Have not played the third but I hear it's less good.

Minecraft
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Dead Rising 2: Case 0

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3328 on: September 15, 2010, 12:20:21 PM

Thanks Yegs and Riggs. I'm hearing they were good from other people as well so I think I'll pick them up and give them a shot.
Rasix

Reply #3329 on: September 15, 2010, 12:21:47 PM

Any opinions on the Shadow Hearts series, and did they age well enough to play for the first time now? I'm thinking of picking those up off ebay/amazon. Should I skip any of them or is playing them in order worth it? Or avoid all together at this time?

The graphics on Shadow Hearts (SH1)are going to be a bit dated in the vein of FF7.  I think it helps to play SH1 before Shadow Hearts: Covenant (SH2), just because there's a LOT that Covenant builds on from the first.  It's a pretty solid game as well.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant is my favorite game of all time, so of course I'm going to say: yes, buy it.  It improves on Shadow Hearts 1 in almost every way possible. I had problems with SH1's judgment ring due to red/green colorblindness issues, but SH2 remedied those issues completely.  It's just a great JRPG.  It has great characters, a solid plot, plenty of drama, engaging combat, and it doesn't take itself seriously at all.  The visuals are some of the best on the system for their time.

I have a couple gripes with the series, but they're pretty minor.  SH2 does a major retcon of one of SH1's main characters and it also picks your ending from SH1 (there's a ending that's somewhat hard to get). It's pretty easy to see why they did the ending thing; it's just.. well, you'll see if you play.  Also, the side content/quests in the game can be a little difficult to find.  Don't feel bad for using gamefaqs.

Skip SH3.  It's not bad mechanically, it's just feels like a bad Shadow Hearts cover song.  I couldn't finish it.

-Rasix
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3330 on: September 15, 2010, 12:34:24 PM

I was just reading about the judgement ring and that seems alright. It didn't mention anything about colors or changes between the games though. I'm not color blind so it doesn't effect me, I just like hearing about how games handle different issues that arise and it's good knowing that they improved.

Appreciate the info
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3331 on: September 16, 2010, 08:16:55 AM

Welp, the XBox 360 I bought off Ebay did exactly what you should expect an XBox 360 bought off of Ebay to do - went tits up with the E79 error. God, Microsoft really makes hardware like a street vendor makes a sloppy taco. Fucking clownshoes. The PS2 I bought used is probably twice as old (it's not even a Slim version) and still kicking along. Trying to get my money back and either get a more reliable XBox 360 or save up for a PS3. As a result, I booted Persona 3 up for the PS2 last night. Spent an hour trying to get to a new spot in the tower that I could port to later before dying WITHOUT FUCKING SAVING. Tried again to move forward, realized if I port out and then run back up, I recharge SP then promptly died again without having saved. BRAIN NOT WORKING. GO TO SLEEP.

Think I'll be playing the shit out of Persona 3 until my next-gen console situation is settled.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3332 on: September 16, 2010, 08:42:11 AM

I've been cramming a game of Starcraft 2 in once every day or two during the weeks. It makes a fun lunchtime game, even if my 3v3 and 4v4 groups usually get steamrolled.

When I can scrape out an hour or so, I've been playing through Recettear. It's an indie jRPG where you play the proprietor of a stereotypical jRPG item shop. You have to stock your shop appropriately to attract clientele, groom customer relationships, and go on adventures with adventurers to collect rare and lucrative treasures. Oh, and you have to repay a hefty debt each week to your finance agency (at least, until you finish the initial story mode and unlock debt-free Endless Mode).

Fun, but time seems to just slip away when playing it.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #3333 on: September 16, 2010, 08:57:43 AM

Finished Amnesia after quite a few 30/45 minute sessions.  Certainly the scariest game I've ever played, although it's not perfect and kind of peters out at the end.   Highly recommended if you are the type of person to really get into the horror experience and enjoy it.  It's not a conventional game by any means, and in order to really 'get it', one should heed the devs suggestion to treat Amnesia as an immersive experience and less a 'trick/beat the AI' kind of game.

Playing:  Starcraft 2, League of Legends (why am I so terrible at this game?), KoToR (haven't played it in a good 6 years so I don't even remember the damn thing), and finally Sam and Max episode 5, which should be completed shortly.  I think I actually like Sam and Max season 2 better than season 3.  Well, maybe just Chariots of the Dogs, as that's all I really think of when I think of season 2, and it still is the best episode they've done by a good margin.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #3334 on: September 16, 2010, 10:20:43 AM

I am playing games that were old 2 years ago, but I am enjoying them.  I missed a lot involved in EQ2 for 4  years.

I have never played WoW.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3335 on: September 16, 2010, 01:51:23 PM

Brutal Legend caused me to make a "Megadeth" station on Pandora.  Reliving the childhood.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3336 on: September 17, 2010, 10:48:48 AM

I'm finishing up Deathspank so that I can justify buying Space Invaders Infinity Gene. I also d/led and played the demos of Enslaved and Quantum Theory. The former seemed like an awesome mix of eyecandy and story, while the latter was so bad I couldn't even finish the demo.
Rasix

Reply #3337 on: September 18, 2010, 12:03:51 AM

Anyone used either of the major fan patches for VTM: Bloodlines and prefer one over the other?  Both authors seem like assholes.  I just don't want something that messes with the game too much, introduces a lot of new bugs, or ends up resembling the author's fan wank dream in mod form.

-Rasix
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3338 on: September 18, 2010, 03:53:11 AM

Following my waning interest in LotRO and disappointment with their implementation of F2P, I resubbed to WoW (using game cards we had sitting around for 2 years) to check it out before the expansion. Enjoying the hell out of it at the moment, a mix of heroic dailies which I never got to see and quests I never did.

I'd like to see some of the raids - ie run them once to see the content but PUG raids seem to be run by a chain of massive douchebags who require a GS of 5k+ and a list of achievements to prove that you've farmed the content into the ground.

I intend to finally finish those downloadable missions for Army of Two this weekend. Hopefully.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3339 on: September 18, 2010, 05:26:20 PM

Played Deathspank today with the boy acting as Sparkles.  Not too bad, but he does like to blast things instead of heal us.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Just Cause 2

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3340 on: September 19, 2010, 09:05:16 AM

Didn't buy SI:IG. Started my insanity run of ME2 as a soldier, with all the story based DLC installed and unseen. Did Kasumi's arc today, it was great.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3341 on: September 20, 2010, 06:46:14 AM

Did Kasumi a few weeks ago and quite enjoyed it. Installed a 7 day trial on City of Heroes:Going Rogue a few days ago that I picked up at PAX. Been fun to play around with a bit, not enough to make me sub though. Was really just looking to tide myself over until Tuesday.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3342 on: September 20, 2010, 07:28:42 AM

It's hard to believe I've been obsessed with my current game since the end of July. We'll see how that holds up against Tuesday.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #3343 on: September 20, 2010, 10:36:57 AM

Puzzle Quest 2 and Dragon Quest IX, both on the DS, are what's mainly holding my attention.

Been playing around with a bunch of games on the PC.  Trying to finish ME, some diablo 2, torchlight, various other things.

Civ V is pre-loaded and waiting for... tomorrow.

Also been thinking about re-subbing to WoW, but I'm not sure I want to sink into a WoW induced coma again.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3344 on: September 20, 2010, 10:59:21 AM

I truly hope PSN could start a pre-load option for pre-orders. This thought is brought to you by tomorrow's release of Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue.

Current playlist is some TF2 for tonight, DS:ToV starting tomorrow, and after that Shadow Hearts 1 should arrive on my doorstep by Wed or Thurs ready for when I finish DS:ToV.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3345 on: September 20, 2010, 01:16:42 PM

Clearing my schedule for Civ V tomorrow. NHL 11 is once again fundamentally broken in MP, so I am not sure how much more of that I will play. Sure wish EA could figure it out one of these years.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3346 on: September 20, 2010, 02:31:47 PM

Broken how, exactly?

After talking to the guy I got my broke-ass XBox 360 from, he's going to be shipping me a replacement box (a newer, non-refurbed model so I shouldn't have to worry about all the Pro manufacturing issues), so until then I'm being owned by Persona 3 again. I forgot how much I enjoyed this game. Finally into the month of June and just waiting for the other shoe to drop in a week of game time.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3347 on: September 21, 2010, 12:05:12 PM

Picked up Going Rogue over the weekend - puttering about with a new character in Praetoria.  Will probably reroll due to a poor secondary choice (for a soloer) going in.

"Ultra Mode" seems to do less than I thought it would.  Loving the customization on the powers, though...  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3348 on: September 21, 2010, 08:07:50 PM

Civ 5 Civ 5 Civ 5 Civ 5
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3349 on: September 21, 2010, 10:14:55 PM

It's been a good day.  Got Civ V and got the Spartacus: Blood and Sand blu-ray set.
Rasix

Reply #3350 on: September 21, 2010, 10:44:54 PM

Played some No More Heroes 2.   Suda51.. you are a weird motherfucker.

Replacing all of the jobs and Wii mini-games with retro 8 bit games is.. fucking terrible.  I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach that crap. First boss was a royal pain too.   They may have missed the mark with this one.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #3351 on: September 21, 2010, 11:24:38 PM

Broken how, exactly?

It is still completely a speed/sticklift game. It plays too hectic and fast. I was so fucking annoyed the other night that I wasn't sure I when I would play it again. I ended up playing my BAP offline for about 4 hours to complete a season (which unlocks a SHITLOAD of boosts). Funny thing happened- I finally learned how to score. It is much tougher online against better opponents (I was playing on Rookie to max my stats out), but I am now scoring regularly in EASHL. All the boosts I unlocked didn't hurt either.

The matching system is still a fucking joke though. I play on one of the goon teams, and we are like 10 games under .500. Yet we regularly get matched up against teams in the Elite division, like top 200 in the world teams. Seriously, it is like 3 or 4 games out of 5. The few games we actually get with someone at our experience level (people with hundreds of games played have maxed out their characters, something NONE of our team is even close to yet), we actually do pretty well, and it is really really fun. I have started quitting out of games just before they start if I see someone with more than double our average /games played...not worth the frustration. Sure wish EA would unfuck the matchups and let the catasses play each other.

That being said- Civ V. Holy shit. I am in love.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3352 on: September 22, 2010, 07:26:05 AM

Fuck Civ 5, Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue is out today!
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3353 on: September 22, 2010, 07:29:25 AM

Civ 5, Starcraft 2, Minecraft. 

Its a good time to be a gamer.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3354 on: September 22, 2010, 08:07:12 AM

Minecraft
Castlevania: HD
LotRO
Just Cause 2

More Lego Harry Potter with the boy.  After watching the first four movies he's started a new game.  Things make a LOT more sense now.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3355 on: September 22, 2010, 08:32:47 AM

It was going to be Deathspank:ToV yesterday over Civ5....but psn store being down for hours kind of fucked that plan. So currently it's
Civ5
DS:ToV
Shadow Hearts
SC2
TF2
Trying to resist the minecraft beckoning

..and as if all that wasn't enough to keep me entertained, Spartacus:B&S is arrived in addition to a number of demos on PSN for almost all the games I took interest in for the holiday release schedule. All this during football season....wtb more hours in a day.

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #3356 on: September 22, 2010, 11:19:13 AM

Anyone used either of the major fan patches for VTM: Bloodlines and prefer one over the other?  Both authors seem like assholes.  I just don't want something that messes with the game too much, introduces a lot of new bugs, or ends up resembling the author's fan wank dream in mod form.

I think the best choice for you would be the one called "Unofficial Patch" by Wesp. It's mostly focused on fixing bugs and restoring some of the leftover or unfinished assets on the disk. There's also some rebalancing of levelling costs, XP gains and item locations, but nothing that I remember as breaking the spirit of the game. (Considering it was always quite easy to turn yourself into an unstoppable killing machine)

I think most other mods build on this one due to the bugfixes, then add their own changes on top.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3357 on: September 23, 2010, 09:51:25 PM

Civ 5
Halo: Reach
SWG Emu

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3358 on: September 23, 2010, 10:43:08 PM

Got an hour of Civ5 in before work, guess there will be much more to come. Loving it so far.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3359 on: September 23, 2010, 10:44:19 PM

Finished Singularity yesterday. It was a perfectly adequate Bioshock...y FPS. Started up Batman: Arkham Asylum today. It's been sitting on the bookshelf since release and I've never picked it up.

Looking through my achievements I realize just how bad my video game ADD has been. Red Dead Redemption back in May was the first game I finished on my 360 out of the 18 that I've purchased since 2006. I'm now up to 3 games finished, 2 in the last week.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: