Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:56:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231422 times)
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3290 on: September 08, 2010, 06:30:22 PM

Every time I attempt to play Oblivion, I get lost in mods and never actually play the damn game. 

Each and every time some mod gets broken, borks the whole game and I have to start over.  I've had just enough of a taste of some of the leveling mods that I don't want to play the base rules anymore. 

How's your stability with all those running?
birdsguts
Terracotta Army

Reply #3291 on: September 08, 2010, 09:33:50 PM

You can most of the above from a package located here: http://alluvion.org/ Look for the one called TCOM Oblivion Mod Compilation.

There are installation instructions here: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AYTrAQ8yzT__ZHpwNHc0ZF84ZDgzOHR2Zm0&hl=en

Thanks for that. Especially the comp link. Will have to read up on what it does and then save it for a rainy week.
*Quoted for new page anti-burial measures*
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3292 on: September 08, 2010, 10:48:08 PM

I tried Oblivion a couple of times. It never really held me, though the concept is nice enough. I also can't be arsed modding the absolute shit out of it to that extent just to make it decently playable. I should go back and finish Fallout 3. And Army of Two's DLC missions.

Instead, I've just been playing WoW. Teaching my wife to play a Pally has been mostly fun with only minor painfulness.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #3293 on: September 08, 2010, 11:09:44 PM

Starcraft 2, League of Legends to relax, and motherfucking Amnesia which is motherfucking  ACK!
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #3294 on: September 08, 2010, 11:25:00 PM

Yeah, Amnesia. ACK!

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3295 on: September 09, 2010, 04:11:18 AM

How's your stability with all those running?

I've had one unexpected CTD during a longish play session but I've also gone longer without a hitch. The Steamline mod autosaves your gave in a rotating 15 deep queue every few minutes so I didn't lose anything with the crash (Steamline also fixes a corrupt save bug that cn occur using the default save so I highly recommend Steamline).

30-45 fps with all the bells and whistles except when there is a mob of 10 - 15 NPC's on the screen.  I'm using an oldish Core2Duo and 8800GTS.

Some of the mods in the TCOM pack are out of date and need updating, TR0LL is working on a new compilation but who knows when that will be ready.  I'm happy enough with it as it is now.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3296 on: September 09, 2010, 06:26:46 AM

Instead of going back and finishing Demon's Souls (I will, I promise!), I realized that I had an unopened Uncharted 2 sitting on my bookshelf, so I cracked that instead.  Two hours later, and I'm wondering what the hell took me so long.  That game is sweet.  It's a bit cliche, but I really do forget that this is not live action sometimes.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3297 on: September 09, 2010, 08:01:19 AM

I think I played the hell out of Oblivion and had no desire to repeat the experience. Story is meh and exploration is ruined by level scaling, only hope is mod, but it still doesn't fix the terrible talking faces they had. I rather load up Fallout III and fire off miniguns at people to ease stress.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3298 on: September 09, 2010, 08:17:13 AM

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3299 on: September 09, 2010, 12:26:11 PM

I've never been able to get much past the exit from the escape sequence that starts Oblivion.  I get out and think, "great!  I'll save and come back to this later."  Only I never do.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #3300 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:29 PM

That list isn't out of the ordinary for ElderScrollsNexus frequenters. Sadly, I recognize about three quarters of those mods.

The only reason my Fallout 3 list isn't just as long is that I installed FOOK, which is just one huge (1.1GB) compilation mod.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #3301 on: September 09, 2010, 07:21:35 PM

Yeah, Amnesia. ACK!

Water.

Amnesia is equal parts Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? and  ACK!.  I highly recommend it...as long as you want to have an unrelentingly brutal experience in total helplessness.  I think it's pretty awesome.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #3302 on: September 10, 2010, 04:14:39 AM

It is pretty awesome. I think it's a really interesting adventure/puzzle game aside from being scary. Maybe most of all, it's pretty god damn impressive to have been made by a team of five. Some people complain about the quality of the voice acting, but I'm not too bothered. It's hammy sure, but not to a fault.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3303 on: September 10, 2010, 04:27:11 AM

I've never been able to get much past the exit from the escape sequence that starts Oblivion.  I get out and think, "great!  I'll save and come back to this later."  Only I never do.

I'm using a quickstart mod.  It drops you at the exit to the initial dungeon with a crate at your feet with all the stuff you could get in the dungeon and the quests in your book.  Like I said, almost all gripes are addressed or minimized in some way these days.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #3304 on: September 10, 2010, 07:43:13 AM

A couple of problems with the Elder Scrolls series, although I love 'em and buy them all.  First, the lack of morality.  Aside from the dark brotherhood side quests it's pretty much devoid of chances to either be a major prick or a saint.  Fallout 3 started to address that, but I'd like to see them do that with ES more, and add some nuance.

Secondly, because I play all of these games like a sneaky archer the game starts to feel like Thief, but with really dumb AI. 
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3305 on: September 10, 2010, 10:21:14 AM

Secondly, because I play all of these games like a sneaky archer the game starts to feel like Thief, but with really dumb AI. 

I'm pretty sure that one of the guys on both the Oblivion and FO3 teams was a senior contributor to some of the early Thief games.  Apparently not the AI guy though.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3306 on: September 10, 2010, 12:25:30 PM

That is pretty much how I am playing Darkfall atm...archery is reasonably easy to level, and not too expensive. Once I get it close to max is when the magic grind will start, and that will be spendy and long.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3307 on: September 10, 2010, 01:25:04 PM

I am playing League of Legends (in very mediocre fashion) between my usual bouts of Windows Solitaire when I am bored with job hunting.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3308 on: September 11, 2010, 07:55:55 AM

Picked up Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions from a RedBox last night. About an hour into, the story is generic as hell but that's not why you play a Spider-Man game. It's a fun God of War with webslinging so far. Gameplay switches up with each dimensions's Spider-Man, Noir Spider-Man is Splinter Cell-lite with webslinging. Don't think it's worth $60 though but certainly worth a rental or when it comes down in price.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3309 on: September 11, 2010, 12:36:17 PM

Got my XBox 360 with Call of Duty 4 so will probably be playing that in between watching the football this weekend and playing EQ2.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3310 on: September 11, 2010, 12:45:04 PM

I wound up playing Space Rangers 2. Really enjoyable, especially for an "old" 2D game.

Hic sunt dracones.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3311 on: September 13, 2010, 10:07:38 AM

Picked up RUSE and have been playing that. Decent enough strategy game with some interesting ideas.

I also grabbed My Life as a King on the Wii, decided it looked like crap, so I snagged my save file off the system and have been playing it on my computer. God damn this game looks good with 8x AA. If only I could do SSAA. Anyway, this game is super addictive and I see why Schild was so into it when it came out.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3312 on: September 13, 2010, 10:38:31 AM

Beat Resonance of Fate finally.  Well worth doing it, and the story is told in a really roundabout fashion since you're not actually the main characters in it and not everything is explicitly spelled out.  I'm sure that alone would annoy some people, but I liked it.  Long freaking game though, hit right around the 60 hour mark, without doing any of the post game stuff, or creating any really retarded guns.

Started playing The Void.  That game is literal nightmare fuel.  It actually gave me some unsettling dreams the night after I started it.  Congrats Icepick Lodge, you made a game that is so discomforting has me thinking the only way to win is to not play.  We'll see how much more of this I can stomach before running away crying.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3313 on: September 13, 2010, 01:14:55 PM

I reloaded Rome:TW and now I'm pwning the Gauls and Britons. Next, either the Dacians or Carthagenians. Hopefully not Germania since I signed an Alliance with them early on.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3314 on: September 13, 2010, 02:12:15 PM

Xbox
Deadly Premonition

I keep circling this game. It's supposed to be really, really weird. Sort of Twin Peaks on acid is my understanding. Considering the main character is an FBI agent who has an imaginary friend he talks to I'm very tempted.

Sinners Sandwich

I've also heard that you save by calling into the FBI HQs. Which lead to this post from another board I frequent:

I just picked up this game today.

You know what I like most about it? The save-game mechanic. Where you find a telephone and report back to FBI HQ to update them on your progress.

Can you /imagine/?

"HELP I CRASHED MY CAR AND THERE'S ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE AND I DUNNO WHERE I AM OH MY GOD!!"

"Hey, me again. I'm in some kind of weird Otherworld, full of zombies and weird mutant plants."

"Hey, it's me. Still trapped in this weird hell-scape. But on the plus side, I found the red hand, so maybe I can make the elevator work!"

"Hey guys, it's York again. I hope you're getting these. Anyway, I managed to kill the demonic tree and evade the weird axe-wielding raincoat-jawa. Just thought you'd like to know."

"Hey, me again. I finally got back into the Real World, and I'm in a diner. I ate a Turkey sandwich (the meat was purple, for some reason, but who knows why), an entire roast chicken, a fried-rice omelet, and a couple sides of onion rings. I was *REALLY* hungry. Still workin' on solving that murder case! It'd be easier if I didn't keep getting yanked into this other dimension, haha! ... What's that, Zach? Yes, this /is/ very much like the Silent Hill games. Anyway, boss, that's what I've been up to lately. Further reports as events warrant!"

I can only imagine that somewhere in the FBI, there's an answering machine hooked up to a dedicated phone line, devoted solely to receiving Agent York's field reports. Crowded around it would be a number of very concerned FBI agents and criminal psychologists, taking notes.

Ya know, even Agent Mulder himself would reject these reports as "too crazy".

I love this game.

From everything I've heard this game is terrible on all technical merits. Shitty graphics. Blurry textures. Uneven voice acting. Totally inappropriate music.

Yet so crazy and enthralling that the people who play it swear it's the most fun they've had.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #3315 on: September 13, 2010, 02:29:25 PM

Xbox
Deadly Premonition

I keep circling this game. It's supposed to be really, really weird. Sort of Twin Peaks on acid is my understanding. Considering the main character is an FBI agent who has an imaginary friend he talks to I'm very tempted.

Sinners Sandwich

WHAT... THE... FUCK?

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3316 on: September 13, 2010, 02:31:08 PM

Xbox
Deadly Premonition

Sinners Sandwich

WHAT... THE... FUCK?

Ehhh...that's not even the weirdest. I almost posted the other one I've seen which is usually titled "There's an F and a K in my coffee."

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3317 on: September 13, 2010, 10:57:54 PM

Someone twisted my arm and made me play Brutal Legend.  Turns out it is great, at least the non-game parts are anyway.  I'm about to get back into old metal thanks to this game.  It's like middle school all over again when I play this.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3318 on: September 14, 2010, 03:26:02 AM

Finished Alan Wake last week, it was such a disappointment considering the same people made Max Payne. The story and atmosphere weren't that bad even if it borrowed a lot from several places, but the game itself was just a mediocre shooter.

Started Max Payne, been a while since the last playthrough. Still awesome, I only wish they had added real widescreen support.

During workdays, I'm still going through the motions with Lord of Ultima, hoping the endgame would start sometime in the near future. Managing 200+ cities is very tiresome though, some days I don't even bother.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3319 on: September 14, 2010, 07:17:12 AM

Any opinions on the Shadow Hearts series, and did they age well enough to play for the first time now? I'm thinking of picking those up off ebay/amazon. Should I skip any of them or is playing them in order worth it? Or avoid all together at this time?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3320 on: September 14, 2010, 07:25:03 AM

Any opinions on the Shadow Hearts series, and did they age well enough to play for the first time now? I'm thinking of picking those up off ebay/amazon. Should I skip any of them or is playing them in order worth it? Or avoid all together at this time?

I've heard good things about Shadowhearts and have often been tempted to get them myself.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3321 on: September 14, 2010, 08:00:19 AM

I've had a lot of time away from home and these iOS games have kept me sane:

Slice It! - puzzle game where you have to cut a geometric shape into X amount of other geometric shapes.  Challenging.

Plants V Zombies - fantastic Tower defense game

Words with Friends - Scrabble.  With friends.

WSOP World Series of Poker Texas Hold 'em - Great poker game, with offline 'career' mode and online multiplayer.

Angry Birds - one of those sling shot the bird into stuff to knock them over games, but with tons of levels.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3322 on: September 14, 2010, 08:35:53 AM

I've had a lot of time away from home and these iOS games have kept me sane:

Slice It! - puzzle game where you have to cut a geometric shape into X amount of other geometric shapes.  Challenging.

Plants V Zombies - fantastic Tower defense game

Words with Friends - Scrabble.  With friends.

WSOP World Series of Poker Texas Hold 'em - Great poker game, with offline 'career' mode and online multiplayer.

Angry Birds - one of those sling shot the bird into stuff to knock them over games, but with tons of levels.

Angry Birds has been on top of the iTunes game charts for probably 4 months, which is crazy considering the transient nature of apps that cost 5 bucks or less.  It may be, pound for pound, one of the all time great games.  I think it costs a dollar.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3323 on: September 14, 2010, 08:51:55 AM

I've got so much going on I can't focus on one game.  It's frustrating...

PC
Subbed to WoW, not playing it.  Not entirely sure I'm excited about it enough anymore to enjoy the xpac when it arrives.
EVE - it's taunting me back.  I need to get this subbed and back in action with the BC ops going on.
PuzzleQuest 2, awesome game, playing when I don't have enough time to get into an RPG.
Fallout 3 GOTY.  I hadn't played this in a year or so and didn't have the DLC when I did play it.  I forgot how awesome this game is. 
Dragon Age with most DLC, sitting on my desktop, can't be bothered to finish it.  Will someday this winter though when I'm trapped inside by the cold.

PS3
Demons Souls - it owns me
Assassin's Creed 1,2 - will get Brotherhood.  Not sure why I like these so much. 
Red Dead - Constantly falling back on this in my spare time.  Just an amazing game.
Deathspank, almost finished it and getting ready for the new one next week.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3324 on: September 14, 2010, 09:33:11 AM

I picked Darksiders back up and am trying to go through it.  It's pretty cool, but has a blandness that I can't describe. 

.....so I end up going back to Demon's Souls after about 30 minutes.

Also "playing" Eve, which consists of me having missed the daily op by an hour or two either direction. 
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: