Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231385 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3255 on: September 01, 2010, 11:32:54 AM

The obvious answer is Solitaire.  I think that's insult enough without explaining it.

No double teaming.  You guys are like an old married couple.

-Rasix
Phire
Terracotta Army

Reply #3256 on: September 01, 2010, 12:13:46 PM

Finished Mafia 2 earlier in the week. Was a great follow up to one of my favorite games of all time. The ending left a lot to be desired and it seems a lot was cut out to be DLC (Booo!) but it really immersed you into the characters and setting. The music and voice acting were perfect and the missions were not extreme and felt like things a mobster would actually do.

Now I am onto the most angelic and my most anticipated game of the year!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3257 on: September 01, 2010, 04:42:14 PM

Sam & Max 305 awaits me at home!  Love Letters

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3258 on: September 01, 2010, 05:14:09 PM

Just polished off Majesty 2 and its expansion. Really enjoyable. And yes I could not do the last mission in either one.   So "Polished off" really means "ragequit in frustration" Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Probably going to start C&C 4 because I actually spent money on it, and yes I cant stand the EA shit but I miight as well finish the thing before I uninstall it, and use the disks as a coaster and/or prop up something unpleasent.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:21:12 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3259 on: September 01, 2010, 05:28:31 PM

I found the last mission in Majesty 2's expansion less enraging than the last one in the base game. I only beat the base final mission once, the rest of the time I totally did the ragequit thing.

I'm playing City of Heroes, of all things!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

God Save the Horn Players
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3260 on: September 02, 2010, 01:50:09 AM

Allods.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3261 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:20 AM

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3262 on: September 02, 2010, 08:47:37 AM

Monster.com

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3263 on: September 02, 2010, 08:48:19 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Rasix

Reply #3264 on: September 02, 2010, 10:56:05 PM

Hmm.. decided to try <game title intentionally left blank so certain people don't think I'm picking on them> and got really nauseated.  This hasn't happened since my last time playing HL2.  

Game wasn't bad.  Cutscenes and acting were cringe-inducing, but the actual game looked promising.   Heartbreak

-Rasix
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3265 on: September 03, 2010, 01:34:07 PM

I wish I could play Myth right now...never owned it,  and nowhere to buy a digital copy. undecided

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3266 on: September 04, 2010, 06:44:13 AM

Sadly, it doesn't run on modern OSes.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3267 on: September 04, 2010, 07:34:57 AM

For the last 2 weeks, way too much WoW. After the slow boredom and grindiness of LotRO, it's quite enjoyable. Even the grindy bits are less grindy and more fun than LotRO.

Wanted to play some more Borderlands, but the General Knoxx DLC makes you drive for 20mins each time you pl;ay before you get to the quests, and wanted to do the 2 Army of Two DLC missions. But, you know.. WoW...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3268 on: September 05, 2010, 11:13:36 AM

Moseying my way through FF7 still, roughyl one save point per session.  Man, I can't believe I sat through all of the random battles the first time through.

10 : move 1 inch
20 : FIGHT!
30 : goto 10

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #3269 on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:52 PM

Started playing Sin and Punishment 2. Pretty awesome. The pacing reminds me a lot of the better games of the 16-bit era, no filler or stretched content.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Zzulo
Terracotta Army

Reply #3270 on: September 06, 2010, 02:43:40 PM

Playing Mass Effect 2. Just downloaded a few DLC's and I'm going through them. Then when the new DLC comes out soon, I'm going for that
WayAbvPar

Reply #3271 on: September 07, 2010, 10:10:03 AM

NHL 11, which comes out today. As soon as I get out of this fucking teleconference I am off to Gamestop!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3272 on: September 07, 2010, 10:41:08 AM

Today is Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age DLC day.  Also keeping an eye out for Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions reviews.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3273 on: September 07, 2010, 05:01:23 PM

Also keeping an eye out for Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions reviews.

Oh, that's the reason I shouldn't have pre oredered.  Ohhhhh, I see. Oh well, I used a gift card, so no biggie.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3274 on: September 07, 2010, 05:17:42 PM

Also keeping an eye out for Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions reviews.

Oh, that's the reason I shouldn't have pre oredered.  Ohhhhh, I see. Oh well, I used a gift card, so no biggie.

Only a couple reviews out so far, but reaction seems to be fairly positive.  Thought about going out and picking it up after Bioware fucked up on the PC version of the ME2 DLC.  Decided to play some Burnout Paradise instead (after finishing up the Witch Hunt DLC for Dragon Age).
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3275 on: September 08, 2010, 07:28:38 AM

Still on my world tour of games that I never finished.

I did get through ME2 and Red Dead Redemptionn last week.  Both awesome.

I think Demon's Souls might be next...either that or FF13.  Also playing 3d Dot Heroes with the kids.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3276 on: September 08, 2010, 07:30:43 AM

Just curious, what is the ME2 DLC fuck up on PC?

On topic: I was finally pulled back into WAR, it's come a LONG way from when it started and is actually quite fun. It feels really weird saying that about WAR. Also, I'll be having another run through with DA:O and ME2 soon enough for the new DLC.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3277 on: September 08, 2010, 08:10:56 AM

Just curious, what is the ME2 DLC fuck up on PC?

They fixed it later on that night, but when they first uploaded it in the morning, it was a 1.5 gig file that contained nothing but zeros.  Think it took them maybe six or seven hours to fix, but in the meantime their forums were pretty much flooded with bitching.

Probably the best DLC pack they've done for any of their games yet though unless you count Stone Prisoner (since Shale is awesome).
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3278 on: September 08, 2010, 08:18:59 AM

Thanks. Now I'm glad I chose to wait a bit before picking it up then.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3279 on: September 08, 2010, 08:30:26 AM

Working on Red Dead.  Kill a bear with a knife... sure, would have done it last night except the chicken-shit bear led me on a merry chase which ended in me being attacked by another bear and a boar at the same time.  I can't believe I fell for it. Ohhhhh, I see.  I also can't believe Marston, baddest dude since Frank West, can't use a knife from horseback.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #3280 on: September 08, 2010, 09:21:24 AM

Since getting engaged and dealing with life, a future wife and three future stepdaughters I haven't had time for much gaming.  When I can steal some time for myself it's been Dirt 2 on the 360 and Starcraft II on the PC. 

Dirt 2 is a hell of a lot of fun, and gorgeous, but I wish there was a little more track variety.  It also took some adjustment for me to get used to it since I'd been playing so much Burnout Paradise and this is a game where just keeping the gas pushed to the floor is a recipe for failure.

I'm enjoying the hell out of SC2, but I'm still only about 7 or 8 missions in.  I've come to the conclusion that DoW, CoH and newfangled RTSes aren't for me, but the old school formula still works.  I won't ever play multiplayer, but the campaign is more than worth it to me.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3281 on: September 08, 2010, 12:33:57 PM

That's funny Gulp- just noticed your name on my XBL friends list and was wondering where you have been.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

Reply #3282 on: September 08, 2010, 12:36:35 PM

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero ate up my gaming time last night.  Should do the same tonight.  I'm trying to be good and not achievement whore what is basically DLC/paid demo, especially since I might get DR2 on the PS3 (unless there are problems with it).

Looks like my eventual resub to WoW is being delayed.  The horrible nature of the FFXIV beta hastened that some.

-Rasix
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3283 on: September 08, 2010, 01:19:58 PM

I think Demon's Souls might be next

Good idea. That's something I've never played. Ordered it through the amazon link up top.

Kinda hit a wall with EQ2. I recall now that I hit the same wall the last time I played. I get to a new zone, get started by grabbing all the quests, then realize I'd rather be doing something else. With the population being mostly at level cap, there's not much chance of getting into a level appropriate dungeon group, which would break up the monotony of leveling. I'd rather not get powerleveled as I like to see the world and grow my character over time. PvP would be nice too. Anyways, had a fun couple of weeks playing it. Time to do something else.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3284 on: September 08, 2010, 01:42:40 PM

Pirates!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3285 on: September 08, 2010, 01:43:48 PM

I spent something like 8 hours yesterday installing Oblivion and about 8 gazillion mods.

Still playing this.  Really, it's almost a whole new game, I played at release and got a character up into the 20's but never finished it (though I did do some mods).  I think this play through will have a lot more legs.  It looks great, all the petty annoyances seem to be fixed or mitigated and there are all kinds of interesting things going on.

Right now is probably the best time to play Oblivion if you haven't before or, like me, only at launch. Well,  if you aren't intimidated by a lengthy, arcane and potentially hair pulling mod install experience that is.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3286 on: September 08, 2010, 02:33:39 PM

Surely there is some sort of mod manager app at this point?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3287 on: September 08, 2010, 02:36:58 PM

I spent something like 8 hours yesterday installing Oblivion and about 8 gazillion mods.

Still playing this.  Really, it's almost a whole new game, I played at release and got a character up into the 20's but never finished it (though I did do some mods).  I think this play through will have a lot more legs.  It looks great, all the petty annoyances seem to be fixed or mitigated and there are all kinds of interesting things going on.

Right now is probably the best time to play Oblivion if you haven't before or, like me, only at launch. Well,  if you aren't intimidated by a lengthy, arcane and potentially hair pulling mod install experience that is.

What mods are you running just as a curiosity?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
birdsguts
Terracotta Army

Reply #3288 on: September 08, 2010, 04:58:18 PM

What mods are you running just as a curiosity?

I'd like to know as well. Might reinstall it if they sound good.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3289 on: September 08, 2010, 05:54:27 PM

Surely there is some sort of mod manager app at this point?

There are a couple, Oblivion Mod Manager is the defacto standard.  And if you use mods that affect the same area or objects you will need to use Wrye Bash to solve the conflicts but they are mostly painless if you can follow directions.

Mod List:

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: