Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:36:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254137 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #3185 on: August 17, 2010, 01:07:28 PM

Took the plunge on Darkfall's 14 day trial. ~12 hours of playtime into it and I am really digging it. I love that everything I do has a skill attached to advance. Fuck levels 4ever.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3186 on: August 17, 2010, 02:48:15 PM

Finished the first Army of Two in co-op on the weekend, and last night I finally finished it on the hardest difficulty with the idiot computer partner. (While passive-TV-ing commentaries from The Office). Also ground out some achievements. Not sure if I will bother to do all the online ones.

Also played some Genral Knoxx DLC for Borderlands in co-op. Despite all the praise, the lack of fast travel makes it a bit tedious, since on weeknights we typically want to play for only 30mins-1hr, and it takes 20-30minutes to set up the game and fight our way past the first several long stretches of freeway to the quest area. Which inevitably asks us to go back to the initial quest hub to hand in. So we skip the long travel, quit out, and reappear there the next time we play. I know they want you to use the vehicles, but there's some poor design there.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3187 on: August 17, 2010, 09:51:22 PM

Minecraft.
Just Because 2, where I find I cannot escape story missions.
Finished the story of FFXIII... yawn.
Red Dead Redemption
Miiiinecraaaaft....

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3188 on: August 17, 2010, 09:54:20 PM

Minecraft. Too much minecraft.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #3189 on: August 18, 2010, 05:28:39 AM

Miiiiinecraft, talkin' 'bout Miiiiiinecraaaaaft!
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3190 on: August 18, 2010, 08:50:20 AM

Switches and ores!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3191 on: August 18, 2010, 10:52:21 AM

Stayed up way too late digging down, down, down under my unbuilt tower in Minecraft.  Got tired of putting torches everywhere so I dug a light shaft and am currently spiraling downward around it.  Found something my stone pick could not cut and got way too excited.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3192 on: August 18, 2010, 11:01:31 AM

Bouncing back and forth between single player and multiplayer Minecraft.  Shit's like crack.
birdsguts
Terracotta Army

Reply #3193 on: August 18, 2010, 08:48:51 PM

Primarily TF2 (Medic learning comp style) and SC2 (recently Terran).
When time permits:
Blazblue: CS (Formerly a 3s player remy/necro/ken, trying to wrap my head around the Arc style.)
LOTRO on Landroval as Minstrel currently. (Did the whole "buy a box cheap for the bonus points when it goes F2P" because of Azazel in that thread and also because the closed beta impressed me with some of the class design and additions. Hadn't tried the game since the original Beta years back.)
MTGO though not much lately.
On again off again relationship with EVE.
Love it to death but it consumes me, most recently with wormhole spreadsheets.

I will NOT play minecraft for fear of my "obsessive" tendencies... at least not yet....... ugh...

Why did I just now sign up?
I guess I've just grown to like the opinions I see around here and have a funny idea I might enjoy playing games with a few people on this board.
My pool of "real life" friends that I used to pal around with in games is rapidly drying up due to "getting older" style life changes... Looking to branch out a bit here.
I work at a drawbridge so I tend to have way too much "game time" on my hands.

Cheers.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3194 on: August 19, 2010, 09:14:46 AM

Due to some planetary alignment, I stabbed two cougars to death in Red Dead.  Didn't even lose the horse.  If I lose the horse, I reload.  He's a great horse.  Related, Thieves' Landing ate my horse.  I fucking hate that town.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3195 on: August 19, 2010, 11:39:34 AM

SC2 still and twitching as I try to avoid Minecraft. I'm not all that good at either, I know that, but both are addicting as can be. I'm also tempted to try out EvE again. I hate Endie's recruitment posts, they are far too effective.

I tried FFXI for the first time last night, I won't be trying that again unless I get a controller though. I heard about how awful it was for years but never took the time since I never could stand to finish registering through PlayOnline. Though, I did find out while I was updating last night that FFXIV will give a bonus to anyone with an open FFXI subscription and has a lowered cost for the next few months when FFXIV opens, so it won't be all that bad to keep my XI account open for $7 next month to get some bonuses.

Sometime soon I know I want to finish up my Alien Swarm achievements though. I'm not OCD about achievements, and normally don't like them, but I'm about 80% done with them without trying too much and figure I may as well 100% them. So wtb 3 players for hardcore/insanity difficulty and/or speed runs on normal Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3196 on: August 19, 2010, 01:15:04 PM

Thieves' Landing ate my horse.  I fucking hate that town.

You'd think that whores would just stop going there to work, too, since they seem to get stabbed or kidnapped at a rate of about 1 per minute there.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #3197 on: August 19, 2010, 05:39:33 PM

Fuckin' Minecraft. How can you do this to a countryman, Notch? Now I have no job, no wife, no home and 1,200 acres of perfectly sculpted virtual landscape.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #3198 on: August 19, 2010, 08:30:05 PM

Think I'm done again with Guild Wars.  Trying to go farm/capture new skills because my build got nerfed a few years ago is proving to be a pain in the ass.   
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3199 on: August 23, 2010, 09:40:01 AM

Finished Mass Effect 2. Damn good RPG there. Playing Warhammer again. Lower tiers are fun stuff. No clue about T4. We'll see how long I last this time.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3200 on: August 23, 2010, 09:42:40 AM

With a new job cutting my free time dangerously low, I've decided to pick up something a little more accomodating.  So, it's time to go back to Shadow of the Colossus.  I will admit the retro "review" Yatzee did spurred my interest a little. First time I only did 10 of the colossi, but I've decided to start over. 

I never knew about the lizard thing..

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3201 on: August 23, 2010, 10:03:17 AM

EQ2 Free to Play service. I'm enjoying it, though I can see where the free player restrictions might cause problems later on. I'm throwing in some FIFA 10 here and there when I get the urge. Still need to go back and finish Persona 3 and start Final Fantasy 12.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3202 on: August 23, 2010, 10:22:22 AM

EQ2 F2P made me love LotRO even more, so I have played some of that.
Downloading Elemental, hoping I get some time.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3203 on: August 23, 2010, 10:54:08 AM

I'm sort of winding down Starcraft 2 now, I think I got all the enjoyment I could out of it, which was a fair amount to be fair.   I've played Quake Live a bit recently, and its good, and I'm glad its free because I don't think I'd pay to play Quake 3 in a broswer, but its nice when I want it.

Minecraft as well, though I've been spending less time in it due to some instability patches lately.

I'm looking for something good single player to play through while I wait for Civ 5 at the moment, any suggestions? (something older would be better, because I hate paying full price for games I only intend to play through once, or just play single player in general)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3204 on: August 23, 2010, 10:56:32 AM

Steam has the stalker bundle on special, if you haven't played that, Malakili. 
Rasix

Reply #3205 on: August 23, 2010, 10:58:40 AM

I'm looking for something good single player to play through while I wait for Civ 5 at the moment, any suggestions? (something older would be better, because I hate paying full price for games I only intend to play through once, or just play single player in general)

Be more specific.  Got a hankering for any type of game in particular?

-Rasix
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3206 on: August 23, 2010, 11:02:12 AM

Be more specific.  Got a hankering for any type of game in particular?

I was thinking something like Baldur's Gate-ish.  I never played Temple of Elemental Evil, for instance, is that worth it?
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3207 on: August 23, 2010, 11:09:49 AM

You could always do Arcanum, if you haven't played it.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3208 on: August 23, 2010, 11:32:18 AM

Dragon Age, Puzzle Quest 2, and Stronghold: Kingdoms Alpha 4.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3209 on: August 23, 2010, 11:42:18 AM

TOEE is just about a letter perfect implementation of 3.5 D&D combat but it can be pretty tedious and the writing is flat out awful. Arcanum has some pretty interesting ideas but is kind of a mess in general. Troika was kind of the Obsidian of their day, but they had their shit together even less.

Rasix

Reply #3210 on: August 23, 2010, 12:07:01 PM

Troika was kind of the Obsidian of their day, but they had their shit together even less.

I can forgive them for being shitty because of VTM: Bloodlines.  That game is a joy. Too bad we'll never see another.

-Rasix
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3211 on: August 26, 2010, 12:51:12 PM

Puzzle Quest 2, Worms Reloaded, and Elemental made me download the Wild Mana mod for Fall From Heaven. Really liking it so far.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3212 on: August 26, 2010, 12:56:05 PM

Is Worms Reloaded any good?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3213 on: August 26, 2010, 01:06:08 PM

Yay, \o/ The Guild 2 :Renaissance patch.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3214 on: August 26, 2010, 01:19:53 PM

Not all that different from the previous Versions of Worms from what little I have played it. Wicked fun in multiplayer, but no evolutionary step forward.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3215 on: August 26, 2010, 01:23:27 PM

Recently picked up Dawn of Discovery and am giving it a whirl.  Damned good game.  Of course, I know I'm months behind. Still, its just what I needed to hold me over til Civ 5
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3216 on: August 26, 2010, 01:35:03 PM

LotRO, putzing around and waiting for Volume 3 Book 2 to unleash its awesomeness on my face.
Just Cause 2, wherein I have gotten the 1000m base jump trophy.
Minecraft, wherein I continue to lament the arrival of nighttime.  If you lit your mine with skylights, you'd be irritated as well.
I tried Elemental at least twice but the game held me off with pitchforks.  Guess it's back to FFH2 or Dawn of Discovery if I get that itch.

I am trying to start Resonance of Fate before I have to turn in my weeaboo fanny pack.  Waaaay too many western games in my rotation lately.  I mean, rate-ree.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3217 on: August 26, 2010, 01:38:52 PM

I have been playing a game.

I'd like to get back into 1404, it's such a nice evolution of the franchise. I blame my 1080p monitor and 40 yr old eyes.

I also have a ridiculous Steam backlog, and a few boxes I got on the cheap from amazon: RE4, Risen and Sacred 2.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3218 on: August 26, 2010, 02:55:24 PM

How did you get Risen cheap?  I haven't seen it drop much below $40 anywhere that actually has it in stock.

Working on Resonance of Fate still, unlike Yegolev.  About halfway through it I think, and still enjoy it, although it's starting to feel a bit repetitive.
Nearly done with the main story for Dragon Quest 9 finally.  I probably should just stop after I finish it, if I know what's good for me.
Still causing random mayhem in Just Cause 2.
Started up Bioshock, this time only a few years late instead of a decade for a change.  Not really sure how I feel about this game.  I nearly rage quit at
the beginning of the second area (neptune's whatever) due to being completely out of ammo and having mobs respawn on me faster than seemed reasonable.  Got over that, and now comfortably killing big daddies, but it's starting to get old fast.  Around halfway through it now.

Kinda want to start into Mana Khemia 2, but want to wrap up some of the other games first.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3219 on: August 26, 2010, 06:57:40 PM

Mana Khemia 2, now that's some quality weeaboo.  I started as the girl, maybe you want to try the boy.  It's a very solid Atelier game, but the laughs from the first aren't there right away.  Then again, the emo is entirely missing, so YMMV.  Replaced by nippon-slapstick.

My problem, of course, is that I'm now using a PS3 Slim. Heartbreak

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: