Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231555 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #3150 on: August 11, 2010, 09:17:27 AM

Just picked up Madden 11, so that will be in the forefront for a couple of weeks at least. Playing a lot of Civ IV too, just so I can make the switch to Civ V as jarring as possible  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3151 on: August 11, 2010, 10:31:51 AM

I'm noticing that the military escalation is noticeable, and so I'm trying to look around for health upgrades without attracting attention to myself.  This is difficult to do.  I particularly hate propaganda trailers and cannot let one stand.

100% military bases and wipe out any broadcast towers and colonels you find, and the military response goes down significantly.  Not sure there's much you can do about Panau City though, since there's really nothing other than the airport nearby.  I did however attempt to assassinate a colonel in the city by way of crashing a 747 into his building.  It made me feel dirty, and I think I need to try it again.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3152 on: August 11, 2010, 12:14:42 PM

Good idea, I need to identify and disable the communications towers.  I have at this point had three or four threat increases and the soldiers just don't carry basic pistols anymore.  It's sawed-offs at a minimum, and the elites all have body armor.  I'd do better if I would do more hit-and-run (mostly the "run" part), but i r stupid cowboy.  I am also terrible at spotting propaganda trailers from the air, so that's why I try to ram them with trucks and inevitably have to Spiderman myself into the jungle.  They aren't like gas pumps, either, because if you hit one on the corner you won't make a scratch; have to hit it broadside.  Hard.  With something heavy.  If I have a nice runway to it, I can parachute out of the truck before impact, but they are often tucked between buildings.

Panau City has a collection of colonels who lounge around on rooftops.  My spree there involved me chopper-hopping five or seven times before getting bored, at which point I tried to fly a passenger jet under a wooden bridge. Heartbreak

It is a good thing this game is so much fun, because the voice acting is HORRIBLE.  It's like Deniro on foot and Nicholson in the chopper, except very crappy.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #3153 on: August 11, 2010, 05:34:19 PM

Apparently, it's nostalgia week.  I just reinstalled Civ IV and Guild Wars.  W
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3154 on: August 11, 2010, 05:52:35 PM

I am also terrible at spotting propaganda trailers from the air, so that's why I try to ram them with trucks and inevitably have to Spiderman myself into the jungle.  They aren't like gas pumps, either, because if you hit one on the corner you won't make a scratch; have to hit it broadside.  Hard.  With something heavy. 

The propaganda trailers die fast to assault rifle fire, just like everything else that isn't ginormous (cranes, large radio towers, etc).   Might be because my assault rifle is maxed out though, I'm not 100% sure.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3155 on: August 11, 2010, 07:30:56 PM

I am intrigued by this Just Cause.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3156 on: August 11, 2010, 10:09:48 PM

I am intrigued by this Just Cause.

Ard and Yego's forum yaoi made you more intrigued?

There are demos for both console versions of Just Cause 2 and likely a PC one I'm too lazy to look up.  I didn't really care for it.  Potential bargain bin buy for my yearly free roaming need (which RDR worked for and was later tossed aside).  The demo should give you enough feel for the game play to see if it warrants a purchase or not.  If anything, I heard the story is so terrible it's almost good.

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3157 on: August 11, 2010, 10:49:26 PM

Oh god yes, the story is absolutely terrible.  I'd guess, or at least hope, intentionally so.  And it was bargin bin fodder for me since Amazon had it on sale last week.  Steam had it on sale for like $25 a week ago also, and the demo for it is there as well.

That said, buyer beware, we sperged like this over Last Remnant also, and that definately wasn't for everyone.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:51:17 PM by Ard »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3158 on: August 12, 2010, 05:48:38 AM

Recently picked up The Guild 2: Renaissance on steam, it has consumed all my free time as well as my friends. We have been playing a nice long multi-player games for about 5 nights in a row now. This game is horribly addicting and hugely dynamic if not a bit buggy in some spots. It has a large learning curve, but my god the game is extremely deep and quite imaginative. Best part is, this version contains all the features of the other three, all for 20$. Not they just need to sort out the disconnects in multi-player as well as a few really annoying bugs.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:56:04 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3159 on: August 12, 2010, 06:59:54 AM

Recently picked up The Guild 2: Renaissance on steam, it has consumed all my free time as well as my friends.

Is solo worth a shit? 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3160 on: August 12, 2010, 07:48:40 AM

Recently picked up The Guild 2: Renaissance on steam, it has consumed all my free time as well as my friends.

Is solo worth a shit?  

Its a rather deep RTS/RPG sandbox sim game. I do not believe the newest version has a storyline though. It all play and explore type game play. Single players I bet is the same as multi-player, just with out others :)

Decent fan made guide: http://youtu.be/9-hegcDifpM
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:50:33 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3161 on: August 12, 2010, 08:07:47 AM

Fuck it.  I'll probably pick it up since I don't have an MMO subbed right now, and don't see any reason to do so until FFXIV comes out. 
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3162 on: August 12, 2010, 08:11:05 AM

Fuck it.  I'll probably pick it up since I don't have an MMO subbed right now, and don't see any reason to do so until FFXIV comes out. 

A beefy machine is good, also, it is bugged in a few places, but there should be a patch before the end of the month, and they are making a free map pack and new features.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3163 on: August 12, 2010, 08:19:21 AM

The propaganda trailers die fast to assault rifle fire, just like everything else that isn't ginormous (cranes, large radio towers, etc).   Might be because my assault rifle is maxed out though, I'm not 100% sure.

I see, since I wasn't able to hurt it with a clip of pistol shots, I assumed it required explosives or a mounted gun.  Like a SAM site.  I am carrying a combat shotgun now, so I'll give that a try.

I heard the story is so terrible it's almost good.

I'd not go that far.  It is very ignorable.  A series of McGuffins to have you blow up shit.  The acting is very bad, I'll say that much.  However, this is a game where you can jump on top of an airplane you are piloting and ride it like a surf board into a military base, so maybe the story/acting isn't too far out of character here.  Don't take it too seriously.

If you play the demo, I assume you'll get a good feel for how the game plays.  The objective is to be a dick by exploding things.  Methods include traditional personal weaponry, military vehicles (once spawn locations are found) of land-sea-air varieties, unmounting a mounted minigun as per Jesse Ventura, landing a passenger jet on someone's head, etc.  Also a huge collect-em-all element, which is very appealing to me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3164 on: August 12, 2010, 10:01:04 AM

Also a huge collect-em-all element, which is very appealing to me.

When he says huge, he means 2700 items huge, just as a warning.  The upside though is that pretty much every area in the game has a % attached to it, and it tells you how much is left to find or blow up in every town/base/etc.  There are some in hidden outlying areas, but they're not that common.  You also have a cell phone reception type meter that tells you if you're close to a collectible.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3165 on: August 12, 2010, 12:36:03 PM

I got Madden 11 yesterday (it was free for me, so why not?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?). There's a lot to like in this game: running game is much improved, sideline catches are fantastic, and gameplan/gameflow are actually cool ideas once you tinker with them a bit (I advise that you do not use gameflow while on D, because you'll invariably will field a base 4-3 or 3-4 vs. 3, 4 and 5 wide sets. Just say no :P). Defense, specifically pass defense as been fubar'd. With locomotion, defenders can't react fast enough/take themselves out of the play too much. The good news: LBs and marginal safeties have no hope in covering your slot receiver in man; the bad news: neither does anyone else  why so serious?. I've tinkered with sliders, and it's currently overcompensating.  Ohhhhh, I see.

As I said on another forum, I hope they take the time on these next few iterations to do to pass blocking and the defense what they did this year to the running game (that is: to use true NFL logic/schemes).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3166 on: August 12, 2010, 01:25:15 PM

Minecraft.

Sigh.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3167 on: August 12, 2010, 01:28:00 PM

PuzzleQuest 2. It got here today. Expect a BiiF Sunday.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3168 on: August 13, 2010, 08:29:06 AM

Played a couple hourse of Monday Night Combat last night, so far I'm digging it - especially for only 15 bucks. The whole tower-defense aspect really makes the game feel different than anything else.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3169 on: August 13, 2010, 09:34:10 AM

I opened up the door... and the creeper is let in..

I really can't stop playing. I think I may have a problem.

It's even worse because I can't go back to dwarf fortress. Just don't have the patience for it after playing minecraft.

Edit: This is how you know I have a problem:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:39:41 AM by bhodi »
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3170 on: August 13, 2010, 09:52:49 AM

That's not a problem, that's a solution!

Slowly working through my Steam backlog:

Finally beat Max Payne, only 10 years late on that one also now.   At least that was under 10 hours to do unlike Deus Ex.  Should move on to Max Payne 2, but I'm really not feeling up to it now.  Not a huge fan of being one shotted every 30 seconds or so.

Been mucking with Eufloria.  It's basically a much more chill version of Galcon Fusion.  It's been a fun time waster though, and worth the couple dollars it cost me in the last Steam sale.  Not sure if it's worth the $20 they want for it normally though.

Tried the Guild 2 demo, and thank god, that game did almost nothing for me.  I'm free, free I tell you!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3171 on: August 13, 2010, 09:52:52 AM

It's even worse because I can't go back to dwarf fortress. Just don't have the patience for it after playing minecraft.

Really? I think they provide a slightly different fix, however, I don't think I could play both at the same time.  I'd hit nerdy, sandbox overload.

I spent last night doing achievements in SC2.  Being promoted to a division I have no business in was a rough experience and I needed a break.

Tonight will likely be game free due to my current lack of sleep.  I got to play a bonus game last night: comfort the screaming baby at 3am.

-Rasix
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3172 on: August 13, 2010, 10:37:27 AM

Gave DDO a try for a couple of hours between last night and this morning. It's like munchkins and min/maxers made an MMO. It also took my D&D PnP nostalgia out back for the Old Yeller treatment. So...

Downloaded Mass Effect 2 off Steam today. Finally getting around to it. I absolutely loved the first, but have been in an MMO mood the past few months. Anyways, that's where I'm at now.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3173 on: August 13, 2010, 12:14:19 PM

I've actually been in an mmo mood lately, too. Which is bizarre in itself, especially during summer when I have no time for mmo. And then there's the fact that I don't like any of the current mmos. Blah.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3174 on: August 13, 2010, 01:11:38 PM

And then there's the fact that I don't like any of the current mmos. Blah.

I was going through this same thing the other night.  I realized all the MMOs out right now are shite and hung it up.  If you're looking for something free that gives a little (very little) PvP buzz Warhammer is a bit better than it used to be. 
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3175 on: August 13, 2010, 02:39:09 PM

Heart Puzzle Quest 2  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3176 on: August 14, 2010, 12:09:42 PM

I re-upped Champions Online for a month just to dick around with the character creation process. 
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #3177 on: August 14, 2010, 03:41:46 PM

SC2 and demon's souls, which is a nice combo of brutal punishment of small mistakes.  All I managed to do in the first 4 hours of Demon's Souls is break my equipment.  I'm really, really bad : /.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3178 on: August 15, 2010, 06:05:33 PM

Coincidentally, I started Castlevania: Harmony of Despair today.  Fun fun fun, in that "Symphony of the Night" way but more precisely in the "recent DS versions" way.

We did Symphony of the Night too, but only had time to knock out the first castle before vacation was over. I never played it back in the day, so it was all new to me.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3179 on: August 15, 2010, 10:37:27 PM

Puzzle Quest 2, I think this will turn out as addicting as the old one, if not even more so.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3180 on: August 16, 2010, 03:38:42 AM

Apart from the omnipresent SC2, I've been dabbling a bit in Forza 3. I bought a wheel controller when the game came out, but thanks to moving twice in a 6 month period I couldn't be arsed to unpack it until now. I customised a BMW M3 for a multi event race and it was utter poop, way too much power and way too little grip. It made me think the wheel was poop too, but then an Opel GT and a Corvette convinced me otherwise.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #3181 on: August 17, 2010, 01:32:50 AM

Mainly TF2, mixed with a bit of Metro2033 and Monkey Island
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3182 on: August 17, 2010, 05:41:30 AM

The Guild 2: Renaissance and Death Spank.

Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3183 on: August 17, 2010, 07:42:38 AM

Minecraft on the F13 server, Puzzle Quest 2, and the token SC2.

Also played a little Guild II: Rennaisance after reading up a bit on it. Made a fisherman, bought out the one fishery in the whole town and tried to carve out a niche. After 2 years a guy from an opposing faction walked into my fishery and stabbed me in cold blood, right in front of my employees. I think I might like this game.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3184 on: August 17, 2010, 10:38:34 AM

Also played a little Guild II: Rennaisance after reading up a bit on it. Made a fisherman, bought out the one fishery in the whole town and tried to carve out a niche. After 2 years a guy from an opposing faction walked into my fishery and stabbed me in cold blood, right in front of my employees. I think I might like this game.

The game is very, very dynamic. Its has many moments of pure "WTF??". Haha!

Patch out near the end of this month (oh god does it need it), with more maps and features sometime after. But yes, my friends and I have been player three player games, and have not yet dared to PvP, my god will that get nasty.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: