Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:55:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231694 times)
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3010 on: July 14, 2010, 07:32:03 AM

Trim in the living room almost done, one more coat of poly (except the closet doors...)! Between that I've been dabbling with Overlord, which is awesome with 3D vision and the 360 pad, and the first Riddick game, which for some reason won't go into 3D mode, runs kind of wonky and there's some FoV issue going on (get a bit nauseated). Don't really like the controls, either and there's a bit of mouse lag. Trying to do a quick play-through just for the IP and Vin one-liners.

The FoV is smallish when you're standing but if you crouch it goes 'normal'. The mouse lag is due to vsync, turn that off. It's still one of the best FPS games I've played.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3011 on: July 14, 2010, 08:23:50 AM

I like the stealth elements and voice acting, hate the crouch and lean. Should probably remap the controls at some point. Sucks it doesn't work in 3D (at all, which is odd, pretty much everything does because it's done through nvidia's driver, not the game), but the stealth effect would likely break it anyway.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3012 on: July 14, 2010, 09:39:19 AM

NO FUCKING IN THE COURTYARD

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #3013 on: July 14, 2010, 10:10:46 AM

I am all over the map gaming-wise these days. Adult ADD ftw, I guess.

LOTRO
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (Hot Coffee edition not included)
Ultima IV (in a browser! and making me want to install DOSBox again to get some more oldies running)
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (latest patch is great)
Darkwind

I need more time. Anyone wanna send me a couple of million bucks so I can retire?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3014 on: July 14, 2010, 01:18:25 PM

I played exhaustion and sleep last night.  Hopefully tonight I'll be able to go on a nice losing streak in SC2. 

Getting a retro gaming urge, not sure if I want to play Ultima 7 or 8 (I really never got far in either, but each was interesting enough), System Shock 2, or just pick something out of my Playstation 2 backlog.

-Rasix
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3015 on: July 14, 2010, 01:38:19 PM

Played the shit out of Space Rangers 2: Reboot. Got my money's worth for that game!

Not sure what's up next. Either gothic 2 or dawn of war 2.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3016 on: July 14, 2010, 06:13:15 PM

Right now not playing much of anything, although I am dicking around with Eve on a couple of Linux setups. 

Also, finally getting around to that $5 copy of Stalker: Chernobyl now that I got the head bob thingy installed.  It's pretty fun, for $5.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3017 on: July 14, 2010, 08:21:06 PM

I'm playing The Witcher, but I'm bogged down in Chapter 4 because I don't really like how spread out it feels. Either that, or I'm starting to feel some of the repetition. So, I'm only knocking things out for about an hour at a time.

I think I'm going to play The Guild II next.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #3018 on: July 14, 2010, 08:45:06 PM

My tank is fight!

That is all.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3019 on: July 14, 2010, 09:37:29 PM

I have also been all over the place.  Possibly also because I don't have a lot of time to commit and I don't like how every time I find a boar to kill in Red Dead that a cougar shows up like the Spanish Inquisition and guts my Awesome Horse, so I am booting up lots of different things.

LotRO, Lithe (Summer) Festival.  Working on Inn League reputation and trying hard to not level to 49 without my wife online.

Red Dead Redemption.  See previous comment about god-damned cougars.  Like furry ninja.

Dominions 3 demo.  I am about halfway through the tutorial.

Split/Second on 360.  I am borrowing this one, and so far I think it is the most enjoyable arcade racer I have played.  This isn't saying anything useful, maybe, since I generally don't like arcade racers.  It's rather like a Mario Kart that you can play with other people watching.

I booted up Alan Wake tonight.  I like it so far, but it has plenty of time to pull a Cthulu and turn into a crap TPS.

I unwrapped Just Cause 2.  Soon!

Sakura Wars came in the mail, finally.  NISA's new store is run by morons.  Have not booted it yet.

Assassin's Creed II is also somewhere... still wrapped maybe.  Soon!

I also remember that Devil May Cry 4 showed up a couple of weeks ago.  Soon!

I also downloaded a shit-ton of demos from PSN.  I am in bad shape, apparently.  So far, none of them have demanded much attention from me, although I did buy Toy Home for the boy.  Was unimpressed with Mercenaries 2, felt like Crazy Taxi minus the taxi.

I went ahead and downloaded the full version of Deathspank from PSN.  Soon!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3020 on: July 15, 2010, 07:15:00 AM

Yeg...breathe, buddy. BREATHE!  ACK!

I don't know how people can bounce between games. If I switch that usually means I'm not picking it back up until it's at the very bottom of my rotation.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3021 on: July 15, 2010, 08:47:12 AM

LotRO, Lithe (Summer) Festival.  Working on Inn League reputation and trying hard to not level to 49 without my wife online.

You should play your mid-30s character and come help me bang out Evendim quests!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3022 on: July 15, 2010, 09:07:57 AM

I bought Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for 5€ at the Steam summer sale. I was expectig total dreck, but it's actually quite good! You really feel like just a small, vulnerable cog in a big war machine. It was clearly released half baked though, as it does have some infuriating design decisions, like being on a hugely important mission and the a whole invasion fails because you need five more artillery shells on the target, but one barrage was your quota so fu private parts. Then there's the seemingly random checkpointing, which makes for annoying repetition.

Oh, and I'm playing it on a 360 pad because it just feels better than faffing about with a keyboard & mouse.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3023 on: July 15, 2010, 11:23:01 AM

Oh, and I'm playing it on a 360 pad because it just feels better than faffing about with a keyboard & mouse.
Cthulu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3024 on: July 15, 2010, 12:26:51 PM

You should play your mid-30s character and come help me bang out Evendim quests!

Well, she has forbidden me to play that one without her lv31!  I might anyway. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3025 on: July 15, 2010, 03:17:45 PM

Back to work this week, so haven't played anything at all since last weekend.

Spent the last few days of the break back into Borderlands with the wife - finished the first playthrough, and about halfway into The Zombie Island. Downloaded the General Knoxx expansion to go through next.

We also did a few days of LotRO - about 3 days of playing with friends over the 2 weeks, a day of playing InventoryQuest after each of the long friend sessions to sort out all the shit that gets kept and mailed to alts etc (tradeskill crap, etc etc) and about 3 days of semi-afk hobbit racing to get the tokens to buy all the summer festival BS (horses, cloaks, etc)

Uncharted 2 on semi-hold, was quite good, but just got placed to the side for a few days there. Never did get started on Resistance 2 yet.

Knocking out a few games of FIFAWC2010 now and then. Played one or two games of BFBC2, but PC gaming isn't getting me excited at the moment.

Started playing a level or two of AVP on console now and then. Just in the Alien campaign so far.

And last weekend, while looking through a bunch of games in the "one day" pile that I should get around to playing sometime, I fished out the game of PJ's King Kong the Movie, and got through a little more than half of it, since I'd heard that it was short and easy. It's surprisingly less bad than I'd expected, but not good, either. I may BiiF it.  Ohhhhh, I see.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3026 on: July 15, 2010, 03:26:15 PM

The King Kong game was ok. I got it for like $1 for the original XBox at a Best Buy clearance sale, and I didn't feel cheated. Also didn't feel like finishing it either. It reminded me of the Call of Cthulu game for XBox only without the interesting story.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3027 on: July 16, 2010, 11:24:31 AM

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition  Heart

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3028 on: July 16, 2010, 12:16:16 PM

Slowly working through the backlog of cheap ass steam games to find out what's worth playing.

• Sol Survivor was pretty awesome for a tower defense game.  A bit easier than defense grid though, at least on the lower difficulties.
  • Puzzle Chronicles has okay gameplay, but my god the art and voiceovers are so horrifically bad, I don't have words.  Shitty web games with shitty art managed to do it better.
  • Ghost Master proved to be amusing.  Doesn't look like it has all that much actual depth though, and seems to be mired in a whole lot of "hurry up and wait".
  • Flotilla has proved to be amusing.  The only issue is that it seems pretty easy now that I've gotten the hang of the combat.  Maybe if I go into hardcore mode and start running into things worse than battleships it'll change.
  • Beat Hazard is interesting, but streaky like various comments on it that I read before buying said.  It really needs high bpm music, or it sucks.

Still trying to beat Deus Ex and Resonance of Fate.  
Have about a third of Deus Ex to go, but I'm starting to get worn down and bored with it.  Have to see if I actually finish it or not.  
At 23 hours into Resonance of Fate and still digging it at least.  Up to chapter 6 now.  Of 16.  My god this game is going to take forever.

edit:

Dominions 3 demo.  I am about halfway through the tutorial.

You know, I just realized I've had the full game for a while and never got around to giving it a real try.  It's one of those things that's been sitting on the back burner since I tried the demo a long while back.  Do we have anyone here that plays it regularly, or has games going?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:59:54 PM by Ard »
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #3029 on: July 16, 2010, 01:06:12 PM

Dragon Quest IX. Sauced and I both have and play co-op. Whee!  awesome, for real

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3030 on: July 16, 2010, 07:16:13 PM

The King Kong game was ok. I got it for like $1 for the original XBox at a Best Buy clearance sale, and I didn't feel cheated. Also didn't feel like finishing it either. It reminded me of the Call of Cthulu game for XBox only without the interesting story.

Yeah, I got it for either $5 or $8 (Australian moneys). Im grinding through it partly to see what happens, and partly to achievement whore. Parts of it are fun, and much of it is dull. The unlimited spear cheat does add some more fun to it, as I've quite enjoyed multi-spearing velociraptors in the face.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3031 on: July 16, 2010, 11:03:26 PM

Persona 3 Portable, when I'm not on WoW. It's really a faithful port, with most of the FES stuff thrown in.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3032 on: July 16, 2010, 11:38:27 PM

SC2 and DeathSpank.  Uncorked an awesome 8 game losing streak in SC2, nearly kicking myself out of gold.  The matchmaking is still.. odd at times.

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3033 on: July 17, 2010, 01:50:42 AM

Cthulu

Ghostbusters is another pc game I've played recently that's way better on a pad. Trine however is not, which perplexed me greatly. And if you want more Cthulu (it's spelled Cthulhu dammit), I think DeathSpank is the best argument ever for Diablo 3 getting pad support.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3034 on: July 17, 2010, 06:17:11 AM

As much as I prefer games to be designed for mouse and keyboard, when they really are designed with a controller in mind, its best to just use one.  The experience is just plain better most of the time.

Still rolling along in World War 2 Online, and trying out the Divine Souls beta which is alright, but I probably won't put any "serious' play into it.

Team Fortress 2 thanks to the engy update, but I'm already getting sick of it again.

Also, getting back in 40k (table top), so thats going to take away from my computer gaming a bit.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #3035 on: July 17, 2010, 09:35:53 AM

Steam is gaming  Heart

Which is good, since they've taken so much of my money lately.

Been taking a break (sorta) from WoW. Guild shenanigans and the malignant cancer of GS have had me sitting it out for the most part this last couple of weeks. My 79 bracket prot pally had her last hurrah last night in AB. A truly spectacular, drunken, and bloody twinking triumph. Crushed hordie rogues as far as the eye could see and more shell-shocked near insta-gibbed undergeared DKs than you can shake a cloven hoof at...ah, the memories.

Anyway, lot of time in Dragon Age. This game rocks. I was very hesitant to buy it until the big Steam sale. Glad I did now. Too much fun. Hell, it was worth is just for Claudia Black's Morrigan voice work. Been playing a DW elf warrior, a 2h human warrior, and an elven arcance warrior. Grand times have been had from all. Haven't finished it yet, since I tend to play the hell out of certain areas to see the various permutations of outcomes from my various wardens. Close, though, very close.

Half-life 2. More Steam sale goodness. I never played this when it released, since my box at the time wasn't really capable. A lot of friends were singing its praises then and now I can see why. Looks spectacular on this horse of a machine and it was fun. Still looks really good, despite being a 6 year old game.

Mass Effect 1 and 2. Yeah, still playing around with it. More Steam stuff. Only putting in a little time here and there, but it looks so damned good on the PC. Goal is to eventually get a couple of good saves in place so I can torment myself with the decision of which platform to buy first when ME3 comes out.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3036 on: July 18, 2010, 11:27:32 AM

Half life 2 is fun.  I'm not sure why it seems to get panned a lot.  I still go back to it every now and again. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #3037 on: July 18, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

I finished the Witcher, and fired up Dragon Age again as a Human rogue played in the ruthless Witcher style of "I gotsta get paid!" Also, I'm a complete dick to everyone non-human.

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3038 on: July 18, 2010, 11:45:28 AM

Half life 2 is fun.  I'm not sure why it seems to get panned a lot.  I still go back to it every now and again. 

It only ever got panned by stone-cold retards.  It's got one of the highest ever ratings on metacritic.

AKA Gyoza
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3039 on: July 18, 2010, 12:02:37 PM

It only ever got panned by stone-cold retards.  It's got one of the highest ever ratings on metacritic.

Yup, it's still very replayable and immersive to this day too.

I just finished Mass Effect 1, frankly underwhelmed. Playing it side-by-side with Deus Ex probably didn't help. ME had a whole host of annoying features, the most annoying being times when I felt I had made an irreversible choice without actually ever being presented with an alternative; or times when the game seemingly presented me with no choice and forced me to do something that I didn't understand. Overall I was pretty underwhelmed.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3040 on: July 18, 2010, 01:23:45 PM

I agree.  You always run into the anti-establishment folks that insist that the game was terrible.  It just seems odd, and funny, to me.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #3041 on: July 18, 2010, 03:28:18 PM

I've found that the people that don't like Half Life 2 tend to sing the praises of Halo and its sequels.

It only ever got panned by stone-cold retards.

Ah, I see Musashi has noticed the same trend.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #3042 on: July 18, 2010, 05:20:22 PM

Evil Genius. That game is more fun than I thought it would be. Basically, it's Dr Evil + the sims + tropico + a little bit of Risk/Axis and Allies world map moving troops around (though need to keep moving them since the nations don't like criminal masterminds stealing and plotting from/against them).
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #3043 on: July 18, 2010, 07:39:21 PM

I just dusted off my old CD of the original Diablo. There's something "pure" about the first one that even D2, great as it is, just lacks.

Makes me wish they'd put in a Survivor mode for D3. Get back to their Angbad roots.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3044 on: July 19, 2010, 02:08:54 AM

I agree.  You always run into the anti-establishment folks that insist that the game was terrible.  It just seems odd, and funny, to me.

I have a strong dislike of Half-Life 2 which has nothing to do with being anti-establishment or retarded.  It simply dragged for me, especially the vehicle sections.  That's not to say that I think other people are stupid for liking it or that it's a terrible game, but for me it just felt too tedious to slog through although I did get fairly close to the end.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: