Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:01:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231527 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2905 on: June 11, 2010, 10:28:31 AM

Fallout 3 again. I wass missing the wasteland so much.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2906 on: June 11, 2010, 10:47:39 AM

I bought a cheap copy of Civ 4: Beyond the Sword specifically so I could download the most current version of Fall from Heaven 2.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #2907 on: June 11, 2010, 11:00:23 AM

Update.

Still playing around with WoW. It'll never end, apparently. Latest project is my prot PvP/tank paladin. Doing well; ugly surprise for a lot of undead rogues in AB last weekend. DK and shaman still getting facetime. Warrior(s) are both on the back burner. Been thinking about protection-flavored PvP on the 80 (lot of work to get her ready though).

Been playing through F.E.A.R., but not the last week. New PC FO3 is now on tap. Need to find the right mods for that one, though. A pure neutral playthrough would be bitchin'. Never finished one of those on the 360.

Still putting time into ME2. Second femshep renegade playthrough underway (fun, but this one needs an ME1 save rethink) and another soldier paragon playthrough on the N7 holding pattern waiting for Overlord next week (hopefully).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2908 on: June 11, 2010, 11:04:13 AM

You'll love the Lone Lands!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Much improved, but we could argue this in the subforum.  Lone Lands went from "worst zone ever" to "not bad, really".  It's interesting that last night I picked up the Foreward for Fires in the North and expected to have to take Ye Olde Transite Systeme from Ost Guruth to Esteldin, but the stablemaster at Ost Guruth gave me a free insta-ride to Canadaith (sp), who incremented my quest and then gave me a free insta-ride to Esteldin.  Joke's on them, because I am bound in Ost Guruth.

Besides LotRO, played some FFXIII.  Sometimes more Titan Quest, but I need a short break.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2909 on: June 11, 2010, 11:21:24 AM

I'm not playing anything now.

I need some suggestions for cheap thrills.  Anyone have anything?  No sports, no RTS.  When I say cheap thrills, I'm looking for a game that's cheaper that 40 bucks, closer to 20 would be even better.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2910 on: June 11, 2010, 11:36:11 AM

Sword of the Stars complete pack on Steam, if you want to try a pretty-good indy space 4-x.

edit: $29.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/42890/
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:40:16 AM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2911 on: June 11, 2010, 11:40:16 AM

Hmmm.  I'll also take PS3 suggestions.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2912 on: June 11, 2010, 12:37:07 PM

MGSIV and Valkyria Chronicles are both now $20.  I picked up Dead Space for the same price (although this is a non PS3 exclusive).  

-Rasix
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #2913 on: June 11, 2010, 04:12:40 PM

I don't know what all you have, but here goes some suggestions (all amazon prices since that's where I order almost everything that isn't on Steam):
3d Dot Heroes - $35
Demon's Souls - $30
Ass. Creed 2 - $25
Infamous - $25
Prototype - $30
Tekken 6 - ~$25
Darksiders - $30

And also, for my playing list, add Fifa World Cup '10 as it's $40 on an Amazon Gold Box deal today.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:19:22 PM by Segoris »
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2914 on: June 11, 2010, 05:41:54 PM

I don't know what all you have, but here goes some suggestions (all amazon prices since that's where I order almost everything that isn't on Steam):
3d Dot Heroes - $35
Demon's Souls - $30
Ass. Creed 2 - $25
Infamous - $25
Prototype - $30
Tekken 6 - ~$25
Darksiders - $30

Thats a pretty good list, although I felt Prototype was not such a great game. It is worth a rental for the mini cinematics alone. As stated in many other threads, Demon's Souls is pretty much a must buy.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2915 on: June 11, 2010, 06:06:52 PM

Fallout 3 again. I wass missing the wasteland so much.

Fallout 3 really is a good game. I should go back to it sometime and finish it. Well, finish the expansion content, anyway.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2916 on: June 11, 2010, 06:08:29 PM

You'll love the Lone Lands!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Much improved, but we could argue this in the subforum.  Lone Lands went from "worst zone ever" to "not bad, really".  It's interesting that last night I picked up the Foreward for Fires in the North and expected to have to take Ye Olde Transite Systeme from Ost Guruth to Esteldin, but the stablemaster at Ost Guruth gave me a free insta-ride to Canadaith (sp), who incremented my quest and then gave me a free insta-ride to Esteldin.  Joke's on them, because I am bound in Ost Guruth.

No question that it's a much improved zone - my friends and I played through the old version, then they revamped it, so we played through it again. Still, we were talking about the brown.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2917 on: June 11, 2010, 06:14:19 PM

3d Dot Heroes - $35
Demon's Souls - $30
Ass. Creed 2 - $25
Infamous - $25
Prototype - $30
Tekken 6 - ~$25
Darksiders - $30

Thats a pretty good list, although I felt Prototype was not such a great game. It is worth a rental for the mini cinematics alone. As stated in many other threads, Demon's Souls is pretty much a must buy.

If you're after cheap thrills, I'd skip Demons Souls. It needs time invested into it. I'd rent it before buying regardless. Ditto 3d Dot Heroes. This is assuming that "cheap thrills" means cheap game that you can play in a mindless arcade style ie turn on and play, turn off and forget for an indeterminate amount of time. I'd also recommend skipping Prototype, since it just becomes fucking annoying after awhile. Good rental, as stated.

I'd also add:
Motorstorm 1 or 2

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2918 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:30 PM

I don't mind getting into a game long term.  When I said cheap thrills, I meant inexpensive.

I own Demon Souls.  First game I bought with my PS3.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2919 on: June 13, 2010, 10:08:23 PM

Long weekend drawing to a close. Did get some gaming in, between sleeping odd hours and getting up odd hours for the Football tournament. And the Seinfeld Marathon.

PS3
- did some Singstar with the wife.
- finished Resistance.
- back to Uncharted.

PC
- some LOTRO grinding.

rrazcueta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2920 on: June 13, 2010, 11:39:54 PM

I don't mind getting into a game long term.  When I said cheap thrills, I meant inexpensive.

I own Demon Souls.  First game I bought with my PS3.

3D Dot Game Heroes is also by FROM. It's like the game that bridges the gap between Zelda and Demon's Souls. It's pretty cheap, too.

Has anyone been playing Peace Walker? It's pretty much my favorite game at the moment. I have been playing a ton of games, but PW has been pulling away. It's really great. It feels like a no-bullshit MGS4 that swapped out the heavyness for good clean Metal Gear action. Funny, too.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2921 on: June 14, 2010, 04:51:34 AM

Beat both Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 over the weekend. The amount of killing in UC2 is just ridiculous. Both games are of roughly equal length, and I ended up killing 700 dudes in KZ2, 1000 in UC2.

Nathan Drake is a psycho.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2922 on: June 14, 2010, 05:10:08 AM

Beat both Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 over the weekend. The amount of killing in UC2 is just ridiculous. Both games are of roughly equal length, and I ended up killing 700 dudes in KZ2, 1000 in UC2.
Nathan Drake is a psycho.

Do those games count the kills?

I'm now about 2/3 of the way through the first Uncharted and I've killed hundreds of guys who were seemingly doing nothing but waiting for me to show up, in the unlikeliest of places.

Played some FIFA WC 2010 on 360 just now. Much easier in SP then co-op. Lost my first online match, but only 2-0.  why so serious?

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2923 on: June 14, 2010, 05:19:50 AM

Do those games count the kills?

I'm now about 2/3 of the way through the first Uncharted and I've killed hundreds of guys who were seemingly doing nothing but waiting for me to show up, in the unlikeliest of places.

Yeah they both have statistics screens.

Bad guys waiting in the bushes is what Uncharted is all about. It gets way more ridiculous in UC2. But I forgive the game because the gameplay is soooo good.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:25:18 AM by jakonovski »
Rasix

Reply #2924 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:12 PM

Finished the main story line of RDR.  Which probably means I'm done with the game and should maximize my trade-in value (shit, the +50% thing is done).  Once I finish a game that doesn't have immediate replay potential (branching choices or good/evil), I'm done with it.  I don't usually go for 100% or try the multiplayer if it's not the focus.

On to Dead Space.  I'm liking this quite a bit so far. Not far in at all.  The atmosphere is just perfect, and the HUD integration is spectacular. The shooting bits have me a bit underwhelmed (if easy enough to get the hang of), but I doubt they'll end up getting in the way of what looks to be some very creepy fun. 

-Rasix
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2925 on: June 14, 2010, 11:57:07 PM

Already stalled out on 3D Dot Game Heroes after finishing a couple dungeons.  Just doesn't feel as fun as I was expecting.  Glad I essentially got it for free with the $10 Amazon bonus from Alan Wake, and the $20 bonus from RDR.

Thought about putting together a thread for July/August game releases (leaving Sept-Nov for a holiday release thread), but there's only about 6 games of note coming out in those months (Crackdown 2, Dragon Quest IX, Starcraft 2, Madden, Metroid: Other M, and Dead Rising 2) so I probably won't bother.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2926 on: June 15, 2010, 01:24:54 AM

I started Dark Void on the PC. The gameplay is fairly good, but the story is bordering on nonsensical thanks to incomprehensible cutscenes.

edit: in fact, it's so weird that I'm half suspecting there's something wrong with the game. When you first meet Nikola Tesla, do the characters really not introduce themselves, and does the next mission really start without a briefing?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:34:32 AM by jakonovski »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2927 on: June 15, 2010, 03:34:45 AM

From everything that I've read, Dark Void was basically pushed out the door, unfinished.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2928 on: June 15, 2010, 11:03:02 AM

Didn't play games for a few months, so stopped coming around. In the past couple of months, though, I tried WAR again for a month (still the same shit with hints of potential it always was), and am now back in AoC and having a good time with it.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2929 on: June 16, 2010, 12:32:30 AM

Fall From Heaven and Magic the Gathering: Duel of the Planeswalkers. The second one will likely be played through with each deck once and then quickly abandoned. How is it that the 1997 game is still the best computer adaptation? What is wrong with these people.

Oh, and I lost 4 hours on Swords and Poker 2 on my iPhone yesterday. Its basically Puzzle Quest with Poker instead of Bejewelled. Wickedly addictive.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2930 on: June 17, 2010, 07:07:25 AM

Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite Demo kicked my ass, then gave me a panty shot of my hero.  It's not just hard, it's Capcom HardTM.

LotRO.  I was discussing with my wife the fact that I don't have an elf avatar, and so I rolled up one.  While doing so, I wasn't sure why I had decided to do it, but I have not seen the elf intro since alpha so I went with it.  Edeheleth is a lv6 loremaster and possibly my next mule.  Time will tell.

FFXIII, PS3, chapter 12.  Turns out I can defeat an oretoise, but too late to go back to Pulse.

Lego Batman, 360.  99.0% and that last minikit is the one where you have to slide down the ice slide and switch characters or something to hit all the gates.  I might not 100% this one.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2931 on: June 20, 2010, 10:28:22 AM

For the PS3 recommendation-  I believe Batman: Arkham Asylum would be a decent choice.

Currently running through Hellgate single player, Fallout 3 and playing some Aion.  Aion has absolutely no personality, but that's okay, I guess.
Rasix

Reply #2932 on: June 20, 2010, 11:48:13 AM

Wow.  Yah, take this guy's advice. Nothing against AA, but.. wow.

-Rasix
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2933 on: June 20, 2010, 10:53:41 PM

Wow.  Yah, take this guy's advice. Nothing against AA, but.. wow.

I guess you didn't like it Ohhhhh, I see.
Rasix

Reply #2934 on: June 20, 2010, 10:55:47 PM

I'm just amazed you crammed Batman:AA and Fallout 3 between the Hellgate and Aion shit sandwich. Any game you threw in there would be suspect.  However, Batman is a solid game, especially at the price you could likely get it for now.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 10:59:43 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2935 on: June 21, 2010, 05:43:09 AM

The Hellgate and Aion shit sandwich.

They were sitting on the shelf from when I bought them eons ago and figured I needed to see what they were about, at some point.  I didn't realize that would make your nerdrage show why so serious?.

Here's a couple of others that I didn't see mentioned above.  None are spectacular, in my opinion, but worth getting if you can get them for ~$20-30.

White Knight Chronicles
Dante's Inferno
Darksiders
Bayonetta-  not my cup of tea, but seems to be well done.  If you like games with lots of cool combos this one's for you.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2936 on: June 21, 2010, 06:30:16 AM

Beat Dark Void. Totally unfinished game with huge potential. Awesome environments, aerial gameplay and world setting, but it's all over in five hours or so, just a random collection of levels really. Like some reviewer said, the game is its own worst enemy.

Also beat Call of Juarez 2. It suffers from East-European game design. Some gameplay and story concepts were so retarded it kind of ruined the experience as a whole.

Next up is Darksiders. Played for a bit already, soooo awesome. I'm a sucker for an unholy union of superhero comics and mangled biblical doomsday scenarios. Can't forget King's Bounty: the Legend either. It's my long term gaming project, I get frustrated at the difficulty (normal) all the time, but keep coming back to it.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2937 on: June 21, 2010, 06:57:43 AM

I picked up Dante's Inferno and Darksiders from the UK bargain bin recently. Got a few things to play before I get around to them, but I tried out the demos for both, and thought they were both worth picking up as cheapoes based on that. The base combat seemed a bit more fun in whichever of the two features the crusader, from my brief experience with the demo. I also picked up Bayonetta in the same batch /wave Stray, but I wasn't impressed by the spazzed-out demo for it, so I'll get to that one probably after the other two.

White Knight looked amazing from the promo video I saw - if it's the game I think it is. But it also looks to be a bigger, longer and more in-depth game than most MMOs, which scares me off, time-investment-wise.

PC:
Inspired by this thread, fired up Fallout 3, for about 10 minutes, until it crashed on me.
Played a couple of sessions of deed grinding in LOTRO with the wife. If we weren't sitting next to each other talking, it'd be unplayably painful, instead of marginally enjoyable.

360:
Played a little more FIFA WC 2010, won the World Cup with Australia. Hey, it's the only way that it'll happen in my lifetime!  awesome, for real
Ground my way through a few more checkpoints in Conan. So much fun in it's first levels, and so disappointing the way it turns into a grind later on.
Ground a few more hit points in EDF2017 (aka: The Ant Game). I really want to finish the campaign in co-op on all of the difficulty levels eventually.

PS3:
Played a couple more levels of Uncharted.
I find it to be a really odd game. I don't really enjoy the platformy bits - like in XML: Wolverine, they give me a touch of vertigo. I also don't find the shooting to be all that good, either. Yet, I enjoy the game. I think it's partly the really well done visuals, and in large part the likable, well-written characters, despite the trite story. Uncharted 2 should be arriving in about a week or less at this point, so I'll be able to jump right into it when I finish the first one. I may as well play Resistance 2 in tandem with it, since that's how I played the first one.

Re: Dark Void - would you suggest it as being worth playing (from the ultra-bargain-bin) or better off skipped?

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2938 on: June 21, 2010, 07:02:23 AM

It's totally playable on the PC, fun and even the occasional flash of greatness (massive dogfight level combined with great music did it for me). Console versions apparently suffer from bad framerates, so I wouldn't buy those.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2939 on: June 21, 2010, 07:34:21 AM

Red Dead Redemption, a.k.a. Grand Theft Hippo.  PS3.
LotRO

Seems my son has forgotten everything about Portal except that it was fun, and my wife has never seen it and is therefore missing out on cultural references similar to people who have not seen Raiders of the Lost Ark, so I bought it on XBLA.  I gave the controller to my boy and he made it to the tenth test with minimal help.  His problem isn't the test itself, it's that this is his first FPS and he is having tons of trouble controlling whatshername.  He spends a lot of time looking at the floor and walking backwards into portals.

Edit: In FFXIII, I cannot beat an adamantoise.  Wonk wooonk.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: