Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231362 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2695 on: April 07, 2010, 07:53:40 AM

I've been playing Warhammer Online.
rrazcueta
Terracotta Army

Reply #2696 on: April 07, 2010, 08:04:24 AM

Final Fantasy XIII reminded me of FFXII and that reminded me of Granado Espada. You guys were right, FFXI was a fucking chore to play, but I do have lots of fond memories of GE. The American version was never any good, but playing GE on the Singapore server was fun. I also got to practice my Filipino.

I'm installing it right now.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2697 on: April 07, 2010, 08:15:07 AM

Lost a bet, huh?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2698 on: April 07, 2010, 08:40:47 AM

Started Resonance of Fate.  So far, I like it.  The combat is really deep. The presentation feels a bit cheap after playing FFXIII, but that's to be expected.

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2699 on: April 07, 2010, 09:03:54 AM

Lost a bet, huh?

I regret nothing. Except maybe that it's all time I could spend playing MAG.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2700 on: April 07, 2010, 11:44:19 AM

FFXIII, Chapter 8, killing things for CP and weapon upgrades.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2701 on: April 07, 2010, 12:24:00 PM

FFXIII, just beat chapter 11 last night with virtually no problems, and pretty much no grinding.  Not sure if I really want to continue though, the game is starting to get seriously tedious, and I've got Resonance of Fate lying around to be played.

Got back into EQ2.  This is probably a mistake.  I should have just stayed away from MMO's.  Enjoying it a lot this time around though for some reason.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2702 on: April 08, 2010, 09:00:10 AM

Don't bother.  Just kill everything on your way and get into Chapter 11; that's where you do all your farming.  

Edit:
When I killed everything on my way through to ch11 I managed to max out all my character roles by the end of the chapter.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2703 on: April 08, 2010, 10:36:55 AM

Playing FFXIII and League of Legends.

Not sure what chapter I'm on in FFXIII as I stopped reading the data thingies :(
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2704 on: April 08, 2010, 10:53:15 AM

League of Legends.  I've even been solo q'ing now that I can play some carries.

Played some Global Agenda but I've already seen its limitations, I may have to get back into TF2 but yuck I'm so out of practice in the game.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
WayAbvPar

Reply #2705 on: April 08, 2010, 01:12:20 PM

I am totally addicted to Darkwind. Still playing some BC2 as well, and I have finally dipped my toes into the FFH2 pool. A lot to learn, but I really like how each civ plays very differently.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2706 on: April 08, 2010, 01:27:09 PM

I moved from WAR to Allods Online. I'm such a dumbass for playing these things.
Rasix

Reply #2707 on: April 08, 2010, 01:39:12 PM

I moved from WAR to Allods Online. I'm such a dumbass for playing these things.

Yep.

-Rasix
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2708 on: April 09, 2010, 10:49:33 AM

Checked your bank account yet this morning?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2709 on: April 09, 2010, 11:04:22 AM

Checked your bank account yet this morning?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Luckily, I only tried the endless trial. Even the card I used for realz back in '08 has expired, so I'm home free. Definitely not subbing now even if it was the bestest game ever.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2710 on: April 09, 2010, 02:13:52 PM

Decided to use my 7 days free of WoW that blizzard was offering me to check out the game with all the new features like random dungeon finder.  It is nice to be able to get into an instance immediately.  The game is like glorified dungeon runners now.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2711 on: April 11, 2010, 11:31:36 PM

Beat FF13 and really kinda wish I hadn't.  Really disappointed.  That game goes down the crapper really fast starting around chapter 10, and it never comes out.

Started up Magna Carta 2.  Actually really liking it so far.  Kinda like a blend of Tri-ace's games and the old Breath of Fire series.  Have to see if this manages to get too grindy though.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2712 on: April 12, 2010, 03:59:57 AM

Started up Magna Carta 2. 

I read that as Mangina at first glance.  ACK!

I had a good run over the Easter break. Back to work now, so barely time for any gaming outside of weekends.

PC:
Finished the SP campaign of BF:BC2, finished ranking up all of my weapons, now haven't played it in almost a week.
Been on the LotRO again a bit. Just a few Skirmishes and tradeskill stuff, though we got some good LAN sessions in over the Easter break.

Wii:
Trialled work's copy of Band Hero on Wii so I can PD other staff on how to use the thing (about 18 bearable-to-good-to-ok songs, lots of trash).

360:
Grinded out some more HP in Earth Defence Force 2017.
Talked my wife into playing Saints Row 2 with me again in co-op and finished both the Samedi and Ronin campaigns.
Played lots more Passive-TV Saboteur, driving around destroying an endless seas of Searchlights, watchtowers and parked tanks, with the occasional mission throw in to break up the growing tedium.
Picked up Scene It! part 2 for ultra cheap (not much more than the retail cost of the AA batteries packed inside it) and had a game of that. Would be ok as a party game with people that have a strong film knowledge.

PS3:
Downloaded a bunch of free map packs for games I haven't started to play yet.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2713 on: April 12, 2010, 04:38:14 AM

I finally beat Chaos Rising, pure on the second hardest difficulty level. Next up is the corrupted playthrough, on hardest difficulty. God I love this game.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2714 on: April 12, 2010, 06:04:20 AM

Don't bother.  Just kill everything on your way and get into Chapter 11; that's where you do all your farming.

This is just how I do things.  When I was leveling my characters to 99 in FFIV, I would have just one person in the group and max each one individually, and I did this at the earliest feasible time.  I was only able to get the black knight to lv60 before I gave up.  Anyway, I was (and am) actually on Chapter 9 and have maxed crystariums with not too much effort.  Upgrading weapons requires more effort and I am not working on that too much.

Also White Knight Chronicles, wherin I have completed my first multiplayer quest after finding that I can't solo two trolls.  Making time for MP is tougher since I can't pause, and I will probably just outlevel most of them.

Finally, I found myself in a DSW for two hours and played Tower Raiders GOLD on my Droid.  It is a tower defense game but so far I am able to complete some maps, and therefore am having relative fun.  Maybe not so much once the tutorial is over, though.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2715 on: April 12, 2010, 06:54:18 AM

What I was saying though is that everything will be maxed if you kill everything along the way so farming is pretty useless.  In ch11 each character gets 6 different jobs opened up and you can really start grinding.  Plus that's where you can get the mats to upgrade your weapons.

I just got to the point in FFXIII where you can either go back to Gran Pulse or go on to finish the game.  So I saved at the first save point on Gran Pulse to start grinding out my characters and do some missions.  Also I need to start getting my ultimate weapons.  Need to learn grind points for gil and the fastest way to level up my weapons.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:55:56 AM by Draegan »
Rasix

Reply #2716 on: April 12, 2010, 06:59:19 AM

I just got to the point in FFXIII where you can either go back to Gran Pulse or go on to finish the game.  So I saved at the first save point on Gran Pulse to start grinding out my characters and do some missions.  Also I need to start getting my ultimate weapons.  Need to learn grind points for gil and the fastest way to level up my weapons.

You can finish the game and then go back as well.  This might be preferable for grinding because beating the game opens up a new level of the Crystalarium.  I think the most efficient ways to grind out cash is going to require you to be able to take on some pretty nasty stuff, which will require the massive amounts of HP you can get from the next level.

Of course, beating a game usually removes a great deal of impetus for playing it in the first place, no matter if there are things left to do.

Resonance of Fate is all I played this weekend.  Main characters still have no direct involvement with the plot and this latest mission I just got is absurd (the cutscene preceding it was incredibly silly).  It's great.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:06:46 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2717 on: April 12, 2010, 07:29:12 AM

I've been playing a bunch of the new western team based FPS "Lead and Gold".  Despite there being some lag issues if you get on the wrong server (no dedicated server support yet) it's quite fun..
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2718 on: April 12, 2010, 08:18:39 AM

What I was saying though is that everything will be maxed if you kill everything along the way so farming is pretty useless.

I did not have this same experience for some reason, probably because of the old habit of grinding when the opportunity arises, at least when I have a spot to do it and the wife goes to bed.  Then again, I spent some extra time with Sazh and Vanille as they were escaping the park and still didn't have them maxed... not that I needed it for the eidolon battle, but I suppose my OCD is much less than before.  I am now bypassing combats since I have everyone maxed, which helps speed along things during wife-watches time.

My desire to grind is filled well enough with WKC. Ohhhhh, I see.

I am going to have to order Resonance of Fate today.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2719 on: April 12, 2010, 08:28:26 AM

Of course, beating a game usually removes a great deal of impetus for playing it in the first place, no matter if there are things left to do.

As soon as I beat the game I probably will never play it again so I want stave that off for a bit.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2720 on: April 12, 2010, 09:00:53 AM

Downloaded the FIFA World Cup 2010 demo from XBL and played it a few times. I was assuming it was an EA money grab (full price game between FIFA releases!), but the demo plays differently (and a bit better!) than FIFA 10, and there are some features that make it sound like it will be worth picking up. I really like the ability to play Coop with up to 4 friends vs the AI- that will be fun as HELL. Will buy on 27-April.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2721 on: April 12, 2010, 03:50:35 PM

Had to cleanse my soul from the MW2 stain by playing a bit of MAG. Shouldn't have picked Raven though, all the retards live there.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2722 on: April 12, 2010, 04:17:48 PM

How is it that you of all people do not already own this?  I'm appalled.  This ends the debate.  You clearly are not me.  Or I'm not you.  Or one of us is a cake that's a lie.  Something like that.
Rasix

Reply #2723 on: April 13, 2010, 08:25:52 AM

How is it that you of all people do not already own this?  I'm appalled.  This ends the debate.  You clearly are not me.  Or I'm not you.  Or one of us is a cake that's a lie.  Something like that.

Heh, there's only one maybe two people that you could tell are playing this from the Resonance of Fate thread and my BFF got only one terse comment.   So like, confirming you, we know of 3 people on f13 that are for sure playing this.  awesome, for real

We have failed in our hyping up of this game dreadfully.  It is outstanding, yet terribly niche.  There's virtually no cross over appeal for this title as it only really appeals for devout jrpg fans. 

I'm on Chapter 5 right now and this is where the game starts really gathering some steam and cranking up the difficulty some.  There's a new town (which I think opened up these new quests), more synth options, and your levels shoot up possibly giving you enough weight allowance to dual wield. 

How does WKC compare?  I'm curious since most reviewers really got it wrong with this one (except Gamespot, who nailed it (from a reviewer I hate too)).  They couldn't get past the combat to see where the real flaws were: most are all production/localization based.  Although it looks like with WKC, the combat just wouldn't be able to carry it.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2724 on: April 13, 2010, 09:13:07 AM

How is it that you of all people do not already own this?

I am sure you don't want to know all the details, but in broad strokes it has to do with job + family destroying my game time in a variety of ways.  I typed out a lot of it, but it is boring and so deleted it.  If I had more time, I'd have it already.  The saddest bit is that I don't know when things are coming out any more, and so I can't get properly excited.  I used to know all the release dates of everything, plus developer and publisher, and assorted other things like localization quirks.  Now, not so much.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2725 on: April 13, 2010, 09:38:32 AM

We have failed in our hyping up of this game dreadfully.  It is outstanding, yet terribly niche.  There's virtually no cross over appeal for this title as it only really appeals for devout jrpg fans. 

Yeah, I haven't really talked about the game at all since my copy is still in the shrink wrap.  I did however buy it as soon as it looked like it was a retardedly small print run.  It's the next game on my list to play though.  I clearly have far inferior games to get through first.    awesome, for real

I can't really compare this to WKC since I haven't played this yet, but I loved WKC.  Yeah, it had some issues, but it was still a fun game, that poked fun at itself in the story, poked fun at the whole power rangers thing, and had relatively awesome online.  I beat WKC and had no regrets, something I can't say about FF13.

I am sure you don't want to know all the details, but in broad strokes it has to do with job + family destroying my game time in a variety of ways.

You're right, I wasn't asking.  I was stating fact.  If I can't count on you to buy the odd games like this and Mana Khemia day one, my world is completely shaken.  Stop growing up and being an adult, dammit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:17:11 AM by Ard »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2726 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:59 AM

Yes, you will have to find someone else to test drive Sakura Wars for you. Heartbreak

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2727 on: April 13, 2010, 11:59:15 AM

I think I can safely say I don't need anyone to test drive that game for me.  I still have testicles dammit.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2728 on: April 13, 2010, 12:08:28 PM

Waiting for the bargain bin, are you?

The game that anime and RPG fans have been waiting for is finally here! Sakura Wars™: So Long, My Love combines the epic battles of an RPG with the character interaction and development of a sim game in the free-roaming environment of 1920s New York City. Pilot mechs, perform in plays, and experience action and adventure in this Steampunk Extravaganza.

This is totally in one of your Amazon wish lists, if not already tucked under your sofa cushions.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2729 on: April 13, 2010, 12:15:13 PM

Okay, so maybe I'd buy it if it was < $20 out of curiosity, I swear I'm still a dude though.  Everyone experiments once in a while, right?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: