Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231484 times)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2520 on: March 03, 2010, 09:03:55 AM

Quit WoW, again.

Currently playing Darksiders and Dante's Inferno, also some Global Agenda. Contemplating reactivating my AoC sub to do a little PVP but, meh, who knows on that one.

I think my next purchases will be Heavy Rain and Mass Effect 2.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2521 on: March 03, 2010, 09:07:20 AM

I'll be surprised if you like Heavy Rain.  Curious though.  Do buy.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

-Rasix
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2522 on: March 03, 2010, 10:16:33 AM

I'll be surprised if you like Heavy Rain.  Curious though.  Do buy.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Why would you be surprised?

I played the demo and loved it.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2523 on: March 03, 2010, 04:37:58 PM

In the middle of:

ME2
Star Ocean PS3
White Knight Chronicles
Assassin's Creed 1

On the wing:

Heavy Rain
Demon's Souls (again) - does it ever really get put down?
DA:O
GoW Collection
Assassin's Creed 2

Too many games, too little time.  Also trying to find time for WoW... gotta get my toon(s) ready for Cat.
Rasix

Reply #2524 on: March 03, 2010, 06:16:23 PM

I'll be surprised if you like Heavy Rain.  Curious though.  Do buy.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Might have your tastes confused with someone else. Thought you ran more toward the shootery stuff.   Anyhow, if you loved the demo, I don't see why you wouldn't love the game.

Can't go wrong with either game you mentioned, really.

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2525 on: March 04, 2010, 03:42:02 AM

I bought the game. It's awesome, but...

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #2526 on: March 04, 2010, 04:30:12 AM

Label spoilers, dude.  Also, move it to the Heavy Rain thread. 
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2527 on: March 04, 2010, 04:50:06 AM

Label spoilers, dude.  Also, move it to the Heavy Rain thread. 

Buh? I did?

My bad for clicking on the wrong thread though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2528 on: March 04, 2010, 05:49:46 AM

Did I mention my set already?

Playing...
Shadowhearts Covenant : Is there really a mine leading from Southampton to Cardiff?

White Knight Chronicles : i maed a town
I am surprised that I get so little space for the "Adventure Journal".  Not sure how I am supposed to regale anyone with exploits.  Also, I am dismayed that I cannot photograph my own ass.

Listening...
Here Comes the Science

Vangelis on Pandora

Reading...
EMC V-MAX literature.  Yeah, why?  The things I do with it look the same as on a DMX.

Still working on The Two Towers, will need to remember to take it on vacation.  And my DS for in case I injure myself skiing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2529 on: March 04, 2010, 06:54:22 AM

Captive.  About to rescue Trill and have kitted out everyone with Boosters and Ironhide armor.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2530 on: March 04, 2010, 07:50:41 AM

Taking a break from WoW for BC2 on PC.

Launch day multiplayer was crap but it was a fair bit stabler last night. Name is binfuser on EA's network.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2531 on: March 04, 2010, 08:11:23 AM

I'll be surprised if you like Heavy Rain.  Curious though.  Do buy.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Might have your tastes confused with someone else. Thought you ran more toward the shootery stuff.   Anyhow, if you loved the demo, I don't see why you wouldn't love the game.

Can't go wrong with either game you mentioned, really.

I do like me some shooters. But I think of myself more as an equal opportunity gamer. Ill try almost anything and probably enjoy it if its high quality. The only type of games I really tend to stay away from are the sports games, like madden.

BTW. I think Darksiders was very underrated. I am throughly enjoying it, although the difficulty curve can be a bit wonky at times.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2532 on: March 04, 2010, 08:14:24 AM

BTW. I think Darksiders was very underrated. I am throughly enjoying it, although the difficulty curve can be a bit wonky at times.

I've mowed through all the boss fights so far, but keep getting stuck in rooms that generate 3-4 waves of bad guys.

Love the game though, they did a good job NOT making a GoW clone which I was worried it would be.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2533 on: March 04, 2010, 10:26:44 AM

I've mowed through all the boss fights so far, but keep getting stuck in rooms that generate 3-4 waves of bad guys.

Love the game though, they did a good job NOT making a GoW clone which I was worried it would be.

Thats funny. Its the opposite for me. I have been getting through the waves fairly easily, but that Bat boss had me suck for several hours.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2534 on: March 05, 2010, 08:43:34 PM

Hm. More or less going to be done with Mass Effect 2 in two weeks. I've a Paragon run to start. So, anyone can recommend a decent single player RPG to kill time with? If not, I guess I'll try Tropico 3. 3D doesn't look appealing, but it sounds fun being a dick-tator. President Shepard  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rasix

Reply #2535 on: March 05, 2010, 09:12:24 PM

So, anyone can recommend a decent single player RPG to kill time with?

Recent? I have no idea what you've played or what platforms/types you like.

Witcher or VTM: Bloodlines fit a nice couple week period.  Morrowind or Oblivion are good if you don't care if you finish the game or not... because you won't (care that is).

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2536 on: March 06, 2010, 12:09:53 AM

So, anyone can recommend a decent single player RPG to kill time with?

Recent? I have no idea what you've played or what platforms/types you like.

Witcher or VTM: Bloodlines fit a nice couple week period.  Morrowind or Oblivion are good if you don't care if you finish the game or not... because you won't (care that is).

Finished Witcher. Kinda terribad action sequences and laughable voice acting, but otherwise epic enough. VTM Bloodlines, I can't muster the effort to replay it after finishing Ventrue gunslinger and Toreador Blood Mage. Morrowind > Played to death, hated the combat but I explored a lot, fucking Cliff Racers. Oblivion ...meh after months of mod playing, I think I've drained every fun out of it. Fallout 3 fell under the same category.

I don't play console anyway. Dragon Age replay maybe. I didn't feel like I did enough for an Expansion save port but I quit my Rogue half way after the Landsmeet due to lack of challenge maybe.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2537 on: March 06, 2010, 02:50:14 PM

Risen? Ego Draconis? Sacred 2? Torchlight?

I've got Gothic 3 slated for another run with fan patches before I tackle Risen.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #2538 on: March 06, 2010, 03:38:39 PM

Dawn of War II - Having fun with this again.  I'm generally awful at RTS games, but the Star Craft 2 beta starting and the expansion Chaos Rising coming out got me excited about the genre again.  Getting my butt kicked fairly often online, but having fun anyway.

Bad Company 2 - Having an absolute blast with this.  Its really a fantastic shooter and one of the best new shooters I've played in years.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2539 on: March 07, 2010, 01:03:49 AM

Dragon Age: Origins, trying to like doing a Sword and Shield fighter. Though the Fade levels have sort of killed it.

Mass Effect 2: Need to do a FemShep Renegade playthrough with FemShep from ME1.

Napoleon: Total War. Finished Italy and Egypt. Stuck trying to the Prozen Heights or Keep Vienna from 5 star veteran peasant revolts, or *find* anyone else who wants to play online. So far I've got one game - he said "no rules" at the start. Oh, and I have to play French "because it's confusing" otherwise. I make a balanced 2 Brigade army, ignore omnipresent, omniscient and inevitable 4 rocket battery (WTF, though things are better than Katusha Rockets and have a 10mile range AND can target MOVING calvary) and match up to his camp on his startline and shoot him to pieces with my line infantry.. He ran the remains of his army into buildings and kicked me out of the game when I started shelling it with cannons.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #2540 on: March 08, 2010, 12:20:27 AM

Mass Effect 1:  How'd I miss this when it first came out?  BioWare ARPG in Spaaaaace!  Loving the visual design, nifty (if primarily bipedal humanoid) aliens, solid story and voice acting, and so on.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2541 on: March 08, 2010, 12:35:25 PM

Canceled WOW again.

Playing Global Agenda and just got BF:BC2.

One of these days I'll plug in my 360 again and finally finish Bioshock, Assassin's Creed and ME1.  I've been tempted to buy a PS3 in the last two weeks but I've held out.
Rasix

Reply #2542 on: March 08, 2010, 12:44:14 PM

I'm in a weird sort of flux right now.  I don't want to start anything because I'm still unsure about whether or not I want to get FFXIII. 

Bored with WoW, so I do my daily dungeon and go read or something. Maybe I'll work on my  renegade FemShep run through ME2.   

-Rasix
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2543 on: March 08, 2010, 12:51:45 PM

^Same here. Finished AC2 and have shit to play... but I might embrace my inner geek and pick up FFXIII at midnight. Never done that before. Could be exciting!  rolleyes
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #2544 on: March 08, 2010, 03:16:45 PM

Ok, time for advice. What should I buy next?

Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2
Rasix

Reply #2545 on: March 08, 2010, 03:32:28 PM

Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 2

Mass Effect 2
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain

Not much of a shooter fan and a return to rapture doesn't really appeal to me until it's bargain priced.  You'll get the most bang for your buck with ME2 and (IMO) the most fun with Uncharted 2.

-Rasix
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #2546 on: March 08, 2010, 04:02:27 PM

The Void has sucked away my soul.  It's really, really good for 20 bucks.

Also, trying to learn Street Fighter 4 as Guile and Fei Long.  Yes, I am a masochist.  On PC, which unfortunately means there's somewhat of a lack of players online, but I still can get games reasonably often.

Finally playing through The Witcher.  After playing Dragon Age, The Witcher is a fascinating game to play.  It almost seems as if Bioware shameleslly ripped off some of The Witcher's ideas, such as racial politics playing a strong role and more emphasis on choices between factions.  However, while The Witcher has none of the polish or presentation...perhaps it has a little more substance.  Certainly it's less clean, more gritty.  But there's more than that, although I can't put my finger on it.  I'm really enjoying it, although admittedly after Dragon Age it's hard to stomach the repeated character models and voice actors.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #2547 on: March 08, 2010, 04:11:08 PM

quit LotRO for the next weeks/months

started my EQ2 mouse again, which with the refer-a-friend program for my wife at 300% extra XP was  DRILLING AND MANLINESS but with the added grouping port and 55% faster free mount is  awesome, for real
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2548 on: March 09, 2010, 12:03:18 AM

Mass Effect 2
Uncharted 2

A "deep" RPG.
A shooter that's both good in it's own right as a SP shooter, and the gift that keeps on giving in MP.
Action-Adventure fun.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2549 on: March 09, 2010, 12:35:21 AM

About halfway through God of War 2 now in anticipation of God of War 3's release in a week.  Think I finished the game twice shortly after its release and hadn't played it since so there are a lot of parts I've forgotten.  Also, last time I played it was on a much smaller SD TV.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2550 on: March 09, 2010, 05:05:00 AM

Stalker: Call of Pripyat. The best (and least buggy) one yet but sadly also the easiest. I just love the atmosphere.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #2551 on: March 09, 2010, 05:14:40 AM

Global Agenda, my assault gal reached 18 and finally got a flaming rocket launcher who works like magic.

Heavy Rain, PS3 is in my son's room so I can only play when he's asleep or out.

Aion, grinding 3 mobs (sometimes 4) each day. I am taking it slowly.

Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #2552 on: March 09, 2010, 06:52:28 AM

I'm currently playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2's server browser.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2553 on: March 09, 2010, 07:33:09 AM

started my EQ2 mouse again,
I also resubbed to EQ2, not sure I'm going to get into it this time, mostly checking the 3d implementation since the devs were recently posting about it.

Still mostly Tomb Raider Underworld and trying to play Anno 1404 which is being crashy in Windows 7.

Tried Medieval 2 now that it works on my monitor: fiancee likes it but I just don't like RTS (or the camera controls). I was going through the tutorial with her watching and was ready to quit, but she was interested so I slogged through charging cavalry at everyone.
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2554 on: March 09, 2010, 07:41:54 AM

The Just Cause 2 demo.

If you like sandbox over-the-top action, you REALLY need to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: