Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:14:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231541 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2485 on: February 21, 2010, 11:18:06 PM

I finally finished a game of King Arthur, that took forever.

Also, EDGEWORTH.  Heart

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2486 on: February 22, 2010, 03:24:34 AM

Someone lent me COD: MW2. I've played multiplayer before, but the single player is.... completely retarded. Can't believe this is a popular game. Makes me sad.

I guess it's not fair to judge it for storytelling though. Some of the action and presentation is cool.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2487 on: February 22, 2010, 12:42:13 PM

I play at least a few short sessions of MW2 multiplayer a day and I still haven't advanced past the first tutorial in single player. With all the new titles getting released in the coming months, I doubt I'll ever play the campaign. Single player is barely an afterthought but the co-op challenges are fun when you link with a buddy. Of course, the challenges don't have any storyline.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2488 on: February 22, 2010, 01:58:40 PM

I played up to the first boss of Mad World recently, and I can see the appeal.  Too much waggling for me at the moment, though.  Makes my brain-baby kick.

I wanted to like that one, but goddamnit, the waggle was worthless and the control was slushy. Apparently, the only devs who can program the Wiichuk analog stick's sensitivity right are the first-party assholes.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2489 on: February 22, 2010, 03:59:07 PM

I play at least a few short sessions of MW2 multiplayer a day and I still haven't advanced past the first tutorial in single player. With all the new titles getting released in the coming months, I doubt I'll ever play the campaign. Single player is barely an afterthought but the co-op challenges are fun when you link with a buddy. Of course, the challenges don't have any storyline.

The storyline is just kind of silly because you're fighting Russians. For a very far fetched, over the top reason that has no parallel in history, and probably would never happen... because it's completely fucking nuts. That said, it shifts from set pieces where you're in the Army dealing with a Red Dawn type of scenario, and some Mercs doing more covert operations. The Merc bits are better.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2490 on: February 22, 2010, 06:04:36 PM

Ended up playing nothing over the weekend, besides farming tradeskill components in LOTRO and a couple of rounds of BF:BC2.

BC2 is getting a bit old now though, since I don't want to grind for more unlocks when it's all going to be wiped in a couple of weeks, but more importantly Im getting sick of the one map. Wake Island, and even that level in the BF1942 Secret Weapons demo were more interesting and involved more thought. Im sure the BF2 one was as well, but I don't recall which map was in the demo. Or if there was a demo.

Mostly though, I'm spending what limited free time I have on painting wargames miniatures for Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings game. I finished Pippin in Gondor Armour and a Dark Rider on the weekend! Yipee!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2491 on: February 23, 2010, 06:10:47 AM

I was going to resurrect the games for netbooks thread but figured it would go just as well here. Morrowind GOTY (Steam edition) plays quite nicely on the eee. I downloaded a registry tweaker to get widescreen support and had a bit of a blast playing with it last night. I guess I shouldn't be amazed as that game was from 2002 or so but it made me a happy camper. I might actually finish it this time. As much as I liked Oblivion, Morrowind feels like the better game to me.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2492 on: February 23, 2010, 08:34:46 AM

Finished my first King Arthur playthrough just in time before Drakensang 2 arrived. Just figuring out which character to play and off I'll go.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2493 on: February 23, 2010, 09:00:58 AM

First round of testing with the 3d setup. I'll probably be playing more TF2 since it's ridicumazingly good in 3d, even though I should rename myself cannon fodder. Have to go back and finish Dragon Age. I was waiting for the kit to arrive to get back into Batman, so I'll probably put some time into that, too. And of course Burnout, fun racing mayhem.

With the steam stuff piled up, it's amazing to have so many choices. I normally only buy a handful of games a year. I guess that is tangential to the zomgdrm thread, eh?
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2494 on: February 23, 2010, 10:11:51 AM

Wait.
Drakensang 2?  When did this happen?  Crap, now I need to actually go back and finish my playthrough.

Beat Mass Effect 2.   Not really much to add there.
Beat the Witcher finally.  Weird game power level wise.  Felt insanely weak in a few spots, but I plowed through the end segment without even worrying about being hurt.  The amount of hookers in the last two chapters was severely lacking though.

Playing White Knight Chronicles now, and enjoying it a lot.  Actually tried out the online, and liked it surprisingly.  Haven't run into too many pants on head retards there yet.  I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2495 on: February 23, 2010, 10:13:52 AM

Beat the Witcher finally.  Weird game power level wise.  Felt insanely weak in a few spots,

Let me guess, first time in the swamp with the plants? The first major boss fight (hound wasn't it) was somewhat of a sore point for a lot of people also.

Picking up Heavy Rain during my lunch break. Giggity.

Also playing a good amount of Plants v. Zombies on the iphone.  It's awesome.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:20:59 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2496 on: February 23, 2010, 10:40:31 AM

Let me guess, first time in the swamp with the plants? The first major boss fight (hound wasn't it) was somewhat of a sore point for a lot of people also.

It was sporadic throughout the game untl the last chapter and the epilogue.  I mostly avoided the plants.  Random things every now and then would destroy me out of the blue.  I potioned up for the end segment though and basically somehow ended up with more or less infinite mana.  I just chain cast incinerate on everything.  It was mildly retarded.  I probably could have started abusing potions long before that point.  Honestly, the weird difficulty bumps didn't really phase me.  Chapter 2 is nearly what did me in with how long it was in such a small area.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #2497 on: February 23, 2010, 11:01:49 AM

Wait.
Drakensang 2?  When did this happen?  Crap, now I need to actually go back and finish my playthrough.

I'm guessing the german version? If memory serves, the english port of the original came out a few months after the original.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2498 on: February 23, 2010, 10:54:36 PM

Indeed you guess right. Its the German version of Drakensang 2 that came out last week.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2499 on: February 24, 2010, 09:57:15 AM

I didn't even realize Drakensang 2 was on the plate for development, much less release.  This is what I get for not paying attention.  At least I know what's next on my plate to finish though.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #2500 on: February 25, 2010, 08:50:03 PM

Can't tear my eyes off Mass Effect 2...but...I can't bear to think of the two years of wait for the trilogy to settle.

In middle of all that, I mess around Blood Bowl with Skavens & Wood Elfs versus my brother.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2501 on: February 26, 2010, 02:37:25 AM

Assassin's Creed2, Earth Defense Force, Blue Dragon

At least, these are all of my unplayed games. Still trying to revisit FFXII too.

Also, sort of trying to replay Dragon Age.. not sure if I can do it.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #2502 on: February 26, 2010, 04:28:31 AM

Heavy Rain, loving it right now except for the cumbersome antiintuitive controls.  Excellent story so far

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2503 on: February 26, 2010, 01:39:20 PM

Dirt 2 that came with my new Radeon 4870. Its harder than most racing games to strart with, but its a ton of fun so far. I hadn't expected it, since I am not really that into racing games. Its absolutely amazingly gorgeous on the 4870 with or without tessellation. I hesitate to say it, but I think its the most gorgeous vid game I've ever played. Heats up the vid card like a mutha tho.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2504 on: February 26, 2010, 01:43:59 PM

Endless Ocean 2 <3
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2505 on: February 26, 2010, 02:12:39 PM

Dirt 2 that came with my new Radeon 4870. Its harder than most racing games to strart with, but its a ton of fun so far. I hadn't expected it, since I am not really that into racing games. Its absolutely amazingly gorgeous on the 4870 with or without tessellation. I hesitate to say it, but I think its the most gorgeous vid game I've ever played. Heats up the vid card like a mutha tho.

Dirt is badass :D I have it on console,but I suppose it's the same thing on PC. FYI, they make another game with the same engine (GRID), but it's street oriented.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:14:12 PM by stray »
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2506 on: February 27, 2010, 10:17:30 AM

I got Dirt 2 with my Radeon 5850 as well, but I really couldn't stand those pseudo surfer dudes that talked to me before I could start a race. So you are saying I should soldier through to the actual races?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2507 on: February 27, 2010, 12:15:28 PM

Ya, you gotta flow with it. I named myself Jesus in the game, and its hilarious to have the SoCal dudes always saying "Hey Hey Soos!". The driving is quite fun and challenging. Depending on the vehicle class, the mechanics change. Even from vehicle to vehicle within the same class. Its got a bit of a learning curve.

The cool thing, tho, is only 4 buttons to worry about. Accelerate, Brake, left and right.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2508 on: February 27, 2010, 03:29:03 PM

The storyline is just kind of silly because you're fighting Russians. For a very far fetched, over the top reason that has no parallel in history, and probably would never happen... because it's completely fucking nuts. That said, it shifts from set pieces where you're in the Army dealing with a Red Dawn type of scenario, and some Mercs doing more covert operations. The Merc bits are better.

Funny, I have no desire to play it in spammy MP, but I'd like to play once through the campaign.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2509 on: February 28, 2010, 04:07:41 PM

For lack of a better spot to link this, here's a quick IL-2 fraps vid I made linked from my dropbox. Let me know if its a good method for small movie sharing.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2510 on: March 01, 2010, 01:10:48 AM

More LotRO, and quite enjoying midlessly running around Paris exploding things in Saboteur. Very repetitive, but I'm easily amused, it seems. Tons more fun than Prototype got to be.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2511 on: March 01, 2010, 02:39:32 AM

Finished Mass Effect 2. Liked it so much got and finished Mass Effect 1.  Now replaying Dragon Age as a Dwarf commoner fighter before taking the Mass Effect 1 character into Mass Effect 2.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2512 on: March 01, 2010, 07:53:24 AM

Mostly Tomb Raider Underworld. If, for some reason, you wonder about other things I'm messing with, check the 3d vision thread.

With the new 1080p monitor, I can finally get to Medieval 2 (it didn't like 720p) and my fiance is an addict for all things from that time period, so I'll probably put in some time on that.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2513 on: March 01, 2010, 08:16:51 PM

Right now, playing an odd mix of somewhat updated retrogaming with Final Fantasy 1 on the iphone and God of War 1 from the PS3 collection.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2514 on: March 01, 2010, 08:22:45 PM

I've got a huge backlog of games dating back to around Christmas and the big Steam sale, including both Max Paynes, the Witcher, Stalker and Clear Sky, Jade Empire, and Arkham Asylum. Not to mention the extra playthroughs of Dragon Age and Mass Effect (1) I've been wanting to do.

Instead, I'm playing fucking Freelancer.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2515 on: March 01, 2010, 08:34:20 PM

Finished Mass Effect 2. Liked it so much got and finished Mass Effect 1.  Now replaying Dragon Age as a Dwarf commoner fighter before taking the Mass Effect 1 character into Mass Effect 2.

That's some hardcore shit.

Finally got some free time this past weekend while the wife was out of town and the boy was at the grandparents', so I restarted Shadowhearts Covenant.  I don't recall the first one being quite this silly (a buffoon that is also a vampire is still a buffoon) but it is still much better than most other JRPGs... ever.

Prior to that, I completed the master challenges in Peggle Deluxe (again) and have begun poking at the last batch of challenges.  I may have the names wrong.

Also prior to that I had been working on Mass Effect 2, but that has been supplanted by White Knight Chronicles.  It took me a little while to figure out the combat, but I am getting into it now.  I think I am going to like it a lot, but I haven't started the real game yet.

I have Heavy Rain sitting on the shelf next to the TV, between Shadowhearts and WKC.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2516 on: March 03, 2010, 06:40:04 AM

I have to be without internet for three weeks, thanks to uniformly useless service providers. I took the opportunity to buy a PS3 (it's so much nicer to use than the 360!) and play through all the exclusives I've missed. I started with the Resistance games, the first is a stinker and the second is awesome. Next up is MGS4, or if I can't find it at the local mall I will resort to Heavy Rain despite the cutthroat EU retail pricing.

Fake edit: and yes, I will buy Demons Souls as soon as I get my internet back.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2517 on: March 03, 2010, 06:42:47 AM

I'm back on WoW.  Sounds a bit like "I picked up heroin again". 
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2518 on: March 03, 2010, 06:56:04 AM

Finished Heavy Rain.  Need to pick a new console game.  Maybe I'll go back and finish Persona 4.

Also, playing FF1 on the iphone.  I'm glad modern RPGs are a bit more of a directed experience, although I wish they'd let you also get a little lost like this one does.

-Rasix
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #2519 on: March 03, 2010, 07:03:45 AM

Took the opportunity over the weekend to get in some more Demon's Souls time since the wife and child were out of the house for an extended period of time. 

Otherwise, still doing a bit of WoW and flOw.    I did pick up Singstar for the wife, who seems to be now attempting to max out our credit card by buying every song ever released for the damn game.

In addition to Demon's Souls, I _really_ need to make time for Sins of a Solar Empire, since I did pick up the Diplomacy expansion, but haven't had a chance to really try it out.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: