Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 09:52:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254654 times)
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1925 on: October 26, 2009, 12:53:25 PM

Every PS3 can play PS1 games. The only Final Fantasy games that are worth going out of your way for are 4 and 6. They are both available for the PS1. Thus, a PS3 can play them. The only Final Fantasy available for the PS2 is FFXII. FF-X and X-2 are bad games.

That said, it's worth getting a PS2 for the Atlus and SCEA stuff more than Square stuff. I would not call that era a "high point" of Square's creativity.

I'm going to have to disagree about FF-X. X-2 was bad yeah. But X is great with my personal favorite Final Fantasy storyline. It's no SMT but it's better than the highly over-rated VII anyday.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1926 on: October 26, 2009, 01:59:45 PM

I'm sorry but saying something is better than VII doesn't make it good. Not even relatively good simply because it's no basis for comparison. VII is trash.
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #1927 on: October 26, 2009, 02:15:48 PM

Crimson Gem Saga.  Good stuff, it has removed all disappointment of PSN not having Crisis Core or Dissidia.

GT5 as well on the PSPGo.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #1928 on: October 26, 2009, 02:19:06 PM

I do need to take a day off this week to put in the winter lawn

Is this something you have to do in the desert states? What, exactly, does that involve?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1929 on: October 26, 2009, 02:46:44 PM

Is this something you have to do in the desert states? What, exactly, does that involve?

Spraypaint.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1930 on: October 26, 2009, 02:53:55 PM

Bermuda (most lawns in AZ are some hybrid/variety of bermuda) goes dormant in the winter.  We overseed with rye grass for the winter months.

-Rasix
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #1931 on: October 26, 2009, 04:18:21 PM

Bermuda (most lawns in AZ are some hybrid/variety of bermuda) goes dormant in the winter.  We overseed with rye grass for the winter months.

Now I'm glad that whenever I own, I can just have a normal grass lawn. It may be covered with fallen leaves and snow most of the year, but I live in a great climate zone for home gardening, so I guess it all evens out.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1932 on: October 26, 2009, 07:18:13 PM

Wow, Uncharted was short.  Cool, but short.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1933 on: October 27, 2009, 06:45:49 AM

Why even bother with a lawn in AZ?  Don't a lot of houses just go with the natural rocky look?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1934 on: October 27, 2009, 07:30:20 AM

Borderlands.

CoD4 again.

Wizard101.
Le0
Terracotta Army

Reply #1935 on: October 27, 2009, 08:05:44 AM

I think Demon's souls has me hooked, only played the first dungeon and killed Phalanx but I already feel the urge to continue.
Also played a bit of uncharted with a mate, this game is really well done, can't wait to try uncharted 2.

I still have MGS4 to play, did not touch it yet.

My Aion game time will take a it I guess.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1936 on: October 27, 2009, 09:08:24 AM

Borderlands on 360.  Meh.
Borderlands on PC.  Awesome.
Later I expect to be playing Torchlight.
At the end of the week I expect I'll be in the doghouse again for forgetting a anniversary gift.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #1937 on: October 27, 2009, 10:24:45 AM

At the end of the week I expect I'll be in the doghouse again for forgetting a anniversary gift.

I don't think it can technically be called forgetting when you currently have knowledge of the event.  You are ignoring it. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1938 on: October 27, 2009, 11:00:23 AM

Tinkering around with Dragon Age Journeys while I have time in between the multiple "we just bought a new house" projects. It's actually pretty decent. Although it makes me even more antsy for the game.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #1939 on: October 27, 2009, 11:06:27 AM

Borderlands and later in the week, Torchlight.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1940 on: October 27, 2009, 11:52:26 AM

Some post-apoc shooter thing.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1941 on: October 28, 2009, 10:30:57 AM

I don't think it can technically be called forgetting when you currently have knowledge of the event.  You are ignoring it. 

I went for answer C. "Say something innocently that the wife thinks is an outrage and have a huge throwdown about something which I don't understand."

Played Torchlight this morning.  It seems Fate and Diablo II have combined in me to create some sort of... alchemy.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1942 on: October 29, 2009, 12:32:10 PM

Has anyone used the Fall Further modmod for FFH2?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #1943 on: October 29, 2009, 12:34:40 PM

Borderlands now, and Torchlight next week. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #1944 on: October 30, 2009, 12:14:31 PM

Borderlands
NHL 10
FIFA 10

I would like to check Torchlight out but there is no point in buying it now since I don't have enough time to play the three above already.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1945 on: October 30, 2009, 12:33:27 PM

I check out the Torchlight demo for a little bit last night, doesn't seem like my kind of thing, but I can't let the fiancee see me playing it because of the pet cat with my cat's name. She'd demand I play it.

With a lot more Borderlands ahead of me, Dragon Age coming next week, probably some more LotRO, not to mention my nice little stash of bargain price games (Saint's Row 2, Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed, Sacred 2, Resident Evil 4), I've got to start drawing the line :)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1946 on: October 30, 2009, 06:06:45 PM

I played a frightening amount of Borderlands last week. Especially considering the amount of shit I was suppose to do.

Ah, feels good.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1947 on: October 30, 2009, 07:03:34 PM

Borderlands.
League of Legends.
Torchlight.

Coming Soon: Dragon Age.

I find it strange that for the first time in years, I have a bunch of games I can literally enjoy for a year and just rotate through. And by strange I mean, I never thought it would happen again. Q1 brings Gran Turismo 5 and WKC. Eek.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1948 on: October 30, 2009, 07:28:59 PM

Borderlands
Torchlight
Demon Souls
League of Legends
TF2 Pumpkin Patch

All at once  awesome, for real 

God dammit I'm not getting anything done.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1949 on: October 30, 2009, 11:14:47 PM

TF2
League of Legends
Borderlands
L4D2

I really shouldn't get Dragon Age, but I have no doubt that will join the list soon enough.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1950 on: October 31, 2009, 12:36:10 AM

blah, LF4D2, Trine (for PSN) and Dragon Age are all awaiting as well, just playing the others to much to even think about those at this time.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1951 on: October 31, 2009, 04:37:58 AM

Forza 3 and Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

That's a study in opposites: within seconds of finishing installing Forza (2 discs for a 360?!?) I was racing and coming first.  Within minutes of starting OF, I was dead without ever having actually being confident I'd seen an enemy.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #1952 on: October 31, 2009, 08:45:16 PM

I am being torn in two directions, I play forza 3 for an hour then switch to torchlight for an hour, then switch back. I am not sure if i can take much more of this back and forth.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1953 on: November 01, 2009, 12:32:06 AM

Forza 3 and Borderlands mostly.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Phire
Terracotta Army

Reply #1954 on: November 01, 2009, 01:07:09 AM

Borderlands - Haven't really started....waiting to have some nights off so I can co-op with NiX
Operation Flashpoint 2 - NiX and I are half way done
Modern Warfare 2 -  four missions in and very much the same as CoD4...a lot more over the top though

Also looking forward to Dragon Age on the PC next week. I would try it on the 360 but I believe this is a game that needs to be played on a computer
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1955 on: November 01, 2009, 03:08:58 AM

Mostly Torchlight, but I spent the whole of yesterday trying to finish Red Faction: Guerrilla. I failed because there's just too much to dooooo.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1956 on: November 01, 2009, 06:11:20 AM

Also looking forward to Dragon Age on the PC next week. I would try it on the 360 but I believe this is a game that needs to be played on a computer

Precisely why I'm waiting on reviews for DA.  I want to be able to kick back on the couch with it on the PS3, but I have a feeling it's going to be a PC game.  Gotta wait anyways though because I gotta leave something for the family to get me for Xmas. 

Playing:
Torchlight
Borderlands

Want to play but don't have the time:
Demon's Souls
Infamous
GTA4
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1957 on: November 01, 2009, 07:06:15 AM

WoW - at least until I finally max out my Paladin and DK.  And Torchlight.  If I had to rely only on MMORPGs for my gaming, I'd probably just get a job or something drastic like that.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1958 on: November 01, 2009, 07:28:55 AM

Oh for fuck's sake, another retarded final battle in Red Faction. They really make these games for mouthbreathing idiots, and that's why I have to start seriously thinking about my gaming. It simply isn't worth it to spend 10+ hours on something and be reduced to tears of boredom and/or frustration in the end. It doesn't even feel good to beat a game these days, because the endings are so fucking stupid.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1959 on: November 01, 2009, 01:12:45 PM

Playing:
PC - LOTRO
PC - Borderlands (solo for the first playthrough)
360 - Borderlands (co-op)
360 - Saints Row 2 (co-op)

Want to play but don't have the time:
Demon's Souls
Infamous
Prototype
GTA4

I've just been reminded of RF:G in the last few days by people here. I should get back to that. Probably won't have time until the holidays though. At the earliest.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: