Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231552 times)
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #10045 on: March 16, 2015, 07:29:43 PM

Cities: Skylines is good. Real good.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #10046 on: March 18, 2015, 07:52:08 AM

Picked up CS:GO on sale the other day.

Played my first competitive match last night (and the first time playing de_nuke in probably 8? years), being constantly bitched at by my team mates through the match for my utter incompetence was actually pretty darn amusing (I did manage MVP for one round.:P).

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #10047 on: March 18, 2015, 07:55:43 AM

CS:GO competitive queue is a lot like the LoL queue at lower skill levels.  There are a lot of really really garbage players who think the only reason they are stuck at a low rank is because of the other players they are teamed with.  They are always the most vocal, terrible people and often just total garbage players to boot.  Alas.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #10048 on: March 18, 2015, 08:10:54 AM

Steam - Dead Rising 3 at 40% off. Is it worth it?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #10049 on: March 18, 2015, 08:58:30 AM

I had it on my wish list at one point but given that Capcom once again did a horrible job porting it to the PC I removed it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10050 on: March 19, 2015, 07:54:09 AM

I'm finding it oddly satisfying just wandering around in the dark shooting zombies with a bow in How to Survive. Not normally my kind of game, but the isometric view with dual thumbsticks just works for me. The lighting is quite nice, and I think playing on the big screen is a bonus for this title (easier to see tiny details). And though I can mash items together to make guns, I end up using my bow most of the time.

At the price you should probably give it a shot next steam sale.
WayAbvPar

Reply #10051 on: March 19, 2015, 02:55:38 PM

I got an old school D&D jones (I started listening to the Nerd Poker podcast and re-reading all the Gord books), so I am back to Temple of Elemental Evil with the Circle of Eight modpack. CoE also did a Keep on the Borderlands module with the ToEE engine that I am going to try after I slog through this goddamned temple.

Also still playing a lot of WoT and some Hex.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #10052 on: March 19, 2015, 06:36:06 PM

Also meant to ask- I have seen some of you playing the Steam version of Baldur's Gate. Is it worth the $20 they are asking for it? Was sorely tempted but decided to try ToEE again first.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10053 on: March 19, 2015, 07:47:19 PM

IMHO no, not $20 unless holy cow you have to relive your childhood/adolescence/early adulthood/middle age right this fucking minute. Discounted, yeah, I think.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #10054 on: March 20, 2015, 02:42:58 AM

Its Baulders Gate.  You should know if thats worth $20 to you or not.   awesome, for real

I grabbed it on a heavy discount some sale though.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #10055 on: March 20, 2015, 08:01:08 PM

Yeah, having owned BG and BG2 in like two or three other non-EE versions already, I did not feel bad about waiting for discounts for both on Steam.

I also need to get back into CS:GO, but it's intimidating trying to get back into de_ games after a decade of not playing at all. I just stuck with deathmatch and gungame.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:03:18 PM by koro »
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #10056 on: March 21, 2015, 07:05:20 AM

Also meant to ask- I have seen some of you playing the Steam version of Baldur's Gate. Is it worth the $20 they are asking for it? Was sorely tempted but decided to try ToEE again first.

I'd recommend ToEE first, but I am a HORRIFIC ToEE fanboy.

I'm currently playing Hearthstone.  Now that I have a RL friend playing it also, it's really fun again.  Bought TESO yesterday and, well, it's TESO alright.  I hope it scratches my MMO itch at least until GW2's xpac drops.  Used to play AC IV.  Not sure why I quit, that's a fun pirate adventure, glad I took a chance on it.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10057 on: March 22, 2015, 02:41:51 AM

Yeah, having owned BG and BG2 in like two or three other non-EE versions already, I did not feel bad about waiting for discounts for both on Steam.

I also need to get back into CS:GO, but it's intimidating trying to get back into de_ games after a decade of not playing at all. I just stuck with deathmatch and gungame.

Matchmaker games are like 3000% more fun, give them a go!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10058 on: March 23, 2015, 01:14:01 PM

For MMORPGs, I have been playing GW2 for a almost a month but today I decided to start playing Tera again because I miss the combat.  I don't know how long this will last.  I want a brand new one!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #10059 on: March 23, 2015, 01:29:23 PM

Matchmaker games are like 3000% more fun, give them a go!

I played 4-5 competitive matches, won 2 in a row (while sucking fairly hard in 80% of them, and managing a .500 KDR in the last)...the matchmaker then decided to freeze me for 24 hours , since then I've played another 5 matches , haven't won one and have sucked balls in each match.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10060 on: March 23, 2015, 01:37:17 PM

Sewage briefly confused me in Cities: Skylines. I think I've got it handled now.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10061 on: March 24, 2015, 10:11:23 AM

Cities didn't quite pull me in after the first session, but I get the feeling it's a slow grower for me.

How to Survive I still adore, but after getting mobbed horribly and repeatedly on a safe house opening, I had to put it aside. Way more than got my money's worth.

Currently digging Project Zomboid. I miss the original score pretty fierce though. It was awesome. Even my fiancee said 'isn't this the game that had that haunting, sparse piano score?' Looks like they took out NPCs? Those were pretty cool as well back when I played it a couple years ago (!). Fun game to dig into slowly, I can see some of the challenges ahead and will definitely just die horribly a few times figuring out a strategy. The UI is way better, stuff is a bit easier to figure out, though I did use the wiki just enough to learn what the states mean and how to deal with them but mostly I want to learn as I go. When my biggest complaint is that the UI doesn't scale for 1080p sofa playing (it's legible, but only barely) because I don't have a corrected 720p resolution saved...
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #10062 on: March 24, 2015, 10:14:34 AM

Finally! Someone else around here who likes Zomboid.
WayAbvPar

Reply #10063 on: March 24, 2015, 11:35:06 AM

I'd recommend ToEE first, but I am a HORRIFIC ToEE fanboy.

I'm currently playing Hearthstone.  Now that I have a RL friend playing it also, it's really fun again.  Bought TESO yesterday and, well, it's TESO alright.  I hope it scratches my MMO itch at least until GW2's xpac drops.  Used to play AC IV.  Not sure why I quit, that's a fun pirate adventure, glad I took a chance on it.

I am at a tipping point in ToEE. There are two encounters I am not quite tough enough for (werewolves and salamanders), and one down the hall with the Air Priest and his horde of bugbears and gnolls that keeps hanging near the end of the combat. I might go explore some more and come back later. Maybe burn some of Spugnoir's XP to get some more +2 weapons to kill the werewolves.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10064 on: March 24, 2015, 01:09:59 PM

Yeah, I checked the thread we have and it was 2011 since I've played  why so serious?

During lunch I decided to stroll around and find something besides houses and when I finally found a couple of what looked to be businesses or warehouses, I set off an alarm in one. Once I got away from that I set off another alarm. Since my bat is getting beat up and I haven't found a replacement, I journeyed back to my house just in time to shut down and go back to work.

The urge to play while home for lunch is always a good thing.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10065 on: March 24, 2015, 01:27:07 PM

There really are an awful lot of penis formations in Tera.  Both snipped and un-snipped.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #10066 on: March 24, 2015, 01:56:14 PM

Oh, I guess I didn't get sewage figured out, judging from the number of people with microbacterial infections.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #10067 on: March 24, 2015, 04:09:53 PM

Yeah, I checked the thread we have and it was 2011 since I've played  why so serious?

During lunch I decided to stroll around and find something besides houses and when I finally found a couple of what looked to be businesses or warehouses, I set off an alarm in one. Once I got away from that I set off another alarm. Since my bat is getting beat up and I haven't found a replacement, I journeyed back to my house just in time to shut down and go back to work.

The urge to play while home for lunch is always a good thing.

Do you have the IWBUMS branch enabled on steam? It gets you more frequent updates at the cost of some occasional instability.  I've been playing on that branch for a long time and I can't remember what the differences are in that build vs. the other beta build.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #10068 on: March 27, 2015, 12:09:13 PM

Argh! Once again it's time for some Mount&Blade as the 2.0 version of Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones mod) was just released today.  why so serious?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10069 on: March 27, 2015, 06:57:54 PM

Somehow I have less time without a job, so I'm really just playing Destiny and Bloodborne.  Our Destiny team is almost able to do nightfalls regularly, but we do have a young ringer that we call on.  Need more raid gear.  I'm stuck on boomer duty at Crota, since I have Icebreaker, until I either get a seeking rocket launcher or miraculously learn how to be the swordbearer.

Since Bloodborne is so far Half Demon's Souls, I'm going the fast weapon route and using the cane whip, which is really awesome.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #10070 on: March 29, 2015, 06:42:37 PM

Gog had a sale recently which reminded me I had Fallout 1&2 in their backlog. Finished up those two just in time for Pillars of Eternity, but I'm kinda isometric turn based rpg'ed out. Need three dimensions and movement.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10071 on: March 29, 2015, 08:06:25 PM

For some reason 7 Days to Die is scratching the itch good right now. But oddly I'm enjoying it solo with zombies almost off. I turned on spawn in a couple areas (near buildings) and then turned them off so they aren't harassing me all the time.

It plays kind of like a bigger Long Dark with some UO/voxel mining kind of vibe going on. Basically I was just learning the game mechanics but now I'm enjoying a light survivalist/hunting/exploration game.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #10072 on: March 30, 2015, 07:46:44 AM

Gog had a sale recently which reminded me I had Fallout 1&2 in their backlog. Finished up those two just in time for Pillars of Eternity, but I'm kinda isometric turn based rpg'ed out. Need three dimensions and movement.

I ended up on GoG this weekend spent Sunday playing Defender of the Crown, Lords of the Realm 1 and Ultima IV

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #10073 on: March 30, 2015, 05:34:45 PM

I'm playing Hotline Miami 2 currently and this game is just full of bullshit. I'm at scene 16 or 17 (casualties) the third  level and this level is one of the most unfunny and infuriating levels yet. Not in a good way.

Can't see myself finishing that game.they took what made HM great and threw it right out.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #10074 on: March 30, 2015, 06:19:37 PM

I'm playing Hotline Miami 2 currently and this game is just full of bullshit. I'm at scene 16 or 17 (casualties) the third  level and this level is one of the most unfunny and infuriating levels yet. Not in a good way.

Can't see myself finishing that game.they took what made HM great and threw it right out.

Aw, really?  I was thinking of grabbing that next week.  That's unfortunate.

I'm still muddling through La Mulana.  New rule: if I'm stuck for three days, hit a walkthrough.  I was breaking my head against the damn Fruit of Knowledge puzzle for like a week before I finally looked up a guide.

Also finally gave Styx: Master of Shadows a few minutes, and I'm liking it so far.  The idea of playing a stealth game as a goblin is a fun one, and so far the mechanics have been pretty cool.  I was not the biggest fan of the previous game, but the shift from an RPG to a stealth action game has been enjoyable for me so far.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #10075 on: March 31, 2015, 06:47:57 AM

I'm trying to find a really old game that's about colonizing a new world (i think after earth gets boned?)

You have a ship which has I think three rings of fuel on it, and you can chart a course to a new system but then you discard a ring of fuel in a cutscene before travelling to the next possible colonization location
WayAbvPar

Reply #10076 on: March 31, 2015, 01:35:21 PM

Still hammering away on ToEE. I have a paladin in my party, so I am not doing any of the inter-Temple war missions. I am just kicking the shit out of anything I can. Still having trouble with the salamanders at 8th level. They like to target my lowest HP characters with multiple fireballs which leads to immediate cessation of life. Actually had everyone live through the combat and then had my asshole 8th level rogue somehow not disable the trap on the commander's chest and blew himself and my druid to Valhalla. I was unamused.

I did some item creation and my non-NPC mage now has bracers of +4 AC and a light crossbow +2 of frost (extra d6 of damage). Unfortunately some of the really fun items require clerical spells so I will have to wait for my cleric to earn another feat. All in all it has been fun, if frustrating at times. Making me look forward to PoE.

Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #10077 on: March 31, 2015, 02:02:27 PM

I'm trying to find a really old game that's about colonizing a new world (i think after earth gets boned?)

You have a ship which has I think three rings of fuel on it, and you can chart a course to a new system but then you discard a ring of fuel in a cutscene before travelling to the next possible colonization location

Lightspeed or its sequel Hyperspeed?

If not, maybe the list of space flight simulator games on wikipedia wil have it?
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #10078 on: April 01, 2015, 04:38:46 AM

Axiom Verge is effing great
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #10079 on: April 01, 2015, 08:57:17 AM

Axiom Verge is effing great

Did you play Ori and the Blind Forest? If so, which do you prefer and why? I will probably grab this when it makes it's way to PC - but I absolutely LOVE Ori.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: