Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:23:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 16 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254786 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9625 on: October 30, 2014, 05:27:17 AM

Yeah, I'll dig out that youtube to show you the nutter who I watched do it.

On the other hand, it's the last fight.  Who'd blame you for accessing the console at this stage and....DOING THINGS.....

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9626 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:54 PM

Hey, is anyone playing Grimrock?  I looked for a thread on it and couldn't find one.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9627 on: October 30, 2014, 03:33:03 PM

Hey, is anyone playing Grimrock?  I looked for a thread on it and couldn't find one.
Ohhhhh, I see.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9628 on: October 31, 2014, 03:55:16 AM

You of all people should know what happens when TWO BLOKES make a thread about a game.

awesome, for real

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #9629 on: October 31, 2014, 05:06:29 AM

Also excuse the audacity of us two discussing a game we're playing in a thread called "So, what're you playing"  why so serious?
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9630 on: October 31, 2014, 08:56:43 AM

Should I buy Europa IV or Crusader Kings? What DLC's should I buy if I do buy either?

I'm in the mood for a good strat game.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9631 on: October 31, 2014, 11:32:55 AM

I like Crusader Kings better myself. If you get it go for the expansion packs. They add a lot.

If it was me I'd wait for a Steam sale though. It goes on sale frequently.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9632 on: October 31, 2014, 11:48:22 AM

I like Crusader Kings better myself. If you get it go for the expansion packs. They add a lot.

I just bought Crusader Kings because I'm bored.  Which expansions? They seem to have a ton of them.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9633 on: October 31, 2014, 12:08:35 PM

All of them give significant new content. Although, if the game is new to you, you can just play until you get bored then buy an expansion for the new stuff.

That's why I'd wait for a big sale or a Game of the Year edition or something.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9634 on: October 31, 2014, 01:14:07 PM

I just bought Crusader Kings because I'm bored.  Which expansions? They seem to have a ton of them.

I like getting the unit packs and portraits, but I skip the music DLC. As for the expansions? All of them except for Sunset Invasion - it's "alternative" history and thus not fucking worth it. The Paradox Interactive store has the game and most of the DLC expansions on sale this weekend and I'm guessing you get Steam keys out of that.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9635 on: October 31, 2014, 01:26:23 PM

The music DLC is my favorite part!

I need to mount the Paradox learning curve some day.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9636 on: October 31, 2014, 07:55:30 PM

I only had time for about 30 minutes of the tutorial scenario. Fuck this game has a crazy learning curve with all those icons and things you can do.

Should be fun to learn.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9637 on: November 01, 2014, 09:45:30 PM

CK's very fun when you're busy building powerbase but as you grew the micromanagement will slowly kill your fun and you turn into a bitter old monarch who curse and swear at your incompetent successors.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #9638 on: November 03, 2014, 10:45:16 AM

Gave Evolve a quick go yesterday and ended up being the Monster which is ok I guess except for I had read next to nothing about the game and had no idea what to do as the Goliath. I lasted for 30 minutes and only Evolved once since it took me a bit to learn wtf I was doing.

I can see this being a decent game every now and then, but I can't see $60 worth of entertainment there.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #9639 on: November 03, 2014, 12:25:49 PM

Should I buy Europa IV or Crusader Kings? What DLC's should I buy if I do buy either?

I'm in the mood for a good strat game.
EUIV is also a very fun game, for future reference.  They've added a lot into it with expansions as well.  It doesn't have the comedy aspect that that crusader kings monarch system ads, but I feel it's the best EU game in the franchise so far and is a very solid military/Econ strategy game.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9640 on: November 03, 2014, 08:22:17 PM

Started playing Gnomoria, after glancing at Sam's thread for getting started tips. Restarting after getting the hang of it, and turning on peaceful. I just want to build a cool kingdom, not deal with invading dickheads.

Lots of Hex too. The vague promises of new cards coming someday have got me wanting to sharpen my skills.

Still futzing around with Fantasy Life between tourney rounds too. Game needs more fast travel something fierce, and having to swap classes to turn in class-quests is fucking obnoxious since you can only class-swap at the guild hall.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9641 on: November 03, 2014, 09:27:32 PM

Started playing Gnomoria, after glancing at Sam's thread for getting started tips. Restarting after getting the hang of it, and turning on peaceful. I just want to build a cool kingdom, not deal with invading dickheads.

You are sadly depriving yourself of that game's greatest pleasure, which is designing and optimizing machines that convert the invading dickheads into money and sausages.   why so serious?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9642 on: November 03, 2014, 09:43:32 PM

There doesn't appear to be a toggle; if I could play the first year or two on peaceful then turn on monsters later it would be fine. I lost one gnome the first goblin attack and like 4 the second.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9643 on: November 04, 2014, 02:49:23 AM

You have plenty of time to get a party of nutjobs kitted out before the first Goblin invasion.  Which, let's face it, should be just one wee goblin and a budgerigar.  You may also have time to get spike traps, but you'd be pushing it.

Sam is, however, completely right.  Peaceful mode is just like building shit in Minecraft with no monsters.  Sure, you can make pretty stuff, but it's pretty pointless.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9644 on: November 04, 2014, 03:18:44 AM

Just played through Mega Man 1 and marveled at the patience I must have had as a kid to have been able to beat that game repeatedly with no save states. Still playing through Phantasy Star and a bit of Hex also. Possibly worth noting that I'm choosing to play old NES and Master System games rather than continue to play The Evil Within.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9645 on: November 04, 2014, 05:53:07 AM

Still playing Shadow of Mordor and Destiny. Destiny has hit the "level your pants" stage which is kinda boring me a bit but I just don't really feel eager to do the Vault of Glass if it's anything like a nightfall strike because the nightfall strikes are literally the least fun I've had in a game in years.

Mordor is still really good but I kinda wonder what they were thinking making the power levels unlock so fast. Yeah you level reasonably slow so I have maybe at best half of the abilities but I unlocked all the tiers in the first zone. And that was without really excessive dicking around. I'd just hit up duels/trials/etc that were on the way to main quests or happened to be near when I was finding all of the artifacts/wall painting things. The dagger/sword/bow legend things are kinda the least fun things but they get slightly less irritating after you get the really broken shit like Shadow Strike.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9646 on: November 04, 2014, 06:51:40 AM

You have plenty of time to get a party of nutjobs kitted out before the first Goblin invasion.  Which, let's face it, should be just one wee goblin and a budgerigar.  You may also have time to get spike traps, but you'd be pushing it.

Sam is, however, completely right.  Peaceful mode is just like building shit in Minecraft with no monsters.  Sure, you can make pretty stuff, but it's pretty pointless.

The first invasion in the early summer was 1 gobbo, but 3 came the second time. I also couldn't figure out how to equip gear.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9647 on: November 04, 2014, 08:52:21 AM

Think Sams playthrough covered that, but you just have to define a 'uniform'.  You can do that for professions and military.  The gnomes are sometimes fucking retarded about using them though.

Also, five gnomes with weapons (and you can make 'em from stone) should fudpunk goblins for ages.  It's only when the goblins start getting armor and weapons they become a problem.  By which point you will have a maze of spike traps.

You could also just put a wall around your farms and keep the fuckers out entirely.  I don't think they tunnel for a while.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #9648 on: November 04, 2014, 12:34:00 PM

- Finished Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay for the first time . What can I say? This was a spectacular, freakin' amazing game  DRILLING AND MANLINESS . Great story, impeccable pace, good voice acting, good blend of game mechanics. Yeah, late to the party, but it was definitely worthy. Also, I felt my chest hair growing every time Riddick spoke a line  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

- I also beat Ron Gilbert's The Cave : personally, I think that the metacritic score (68) is undeserved (I would score it around 77). It's a lovely puzzle/platformer with some great art; nice unique levels for each of the seven characters, although the bigger areas (needed to go on with the story) are shared. Good humor and the local co-op feature is a nice plus. One thing that would have made it better: some bantering/short dialogues between your characters, based on the combination of their "role".

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9649 on: November 04, 2014, 01:02:45 PM

You could also just put a wall around your farms and keep the fuckers out entirely.  I don't think they tunnel for a while.

If they leave empty-handed because there's no path to your guys, the next time they bring tunnelers to open a path.  Or so I've heard.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9650 on: November 04, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

Yeah, but reports are conflicting as to when.  I've blocked 'em off before and I've not ever seen tunnelers.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9651 on: November 04, 2014, 01:17:30 PM

Skyrim, now with DLC.  My wife is baffled.

In related news, she has preordered the new Dragon Age.

Played some Path of Exile today while idling on a conference call and found Catarina again, which let me finally get a hideout.  I really lucked out since that is the one I wanted for my headless necromancer.

I'm still too sick for Destiny, but maybe more Orc Murder Simulator soon.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9652 on: November 05, 2014, 07:53:44 AM

I want to know what your wife thinks of Dragon Age when it comes out.  Why doesn't she post on here, anyway?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9653 on: November 05, 2014, 09:02:13 AM

She's way too busy.  Also she might accidentally Politics, so it's for the best.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9654 on: November 05, 2014, 09:12:09 AM

There's nothing good to come of bringing one's spouse into this hive of scum and villainy.

Phil, there's at least a handful of people here that will be day 1 purchasers of DA.  Don't worry about feedback.

-Rasix
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #9655 on: November 05, 2014, 10:53:11 AM

Yup that message above reminded me to get my own preorder in.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9656 on: November 05, 2014, 02:08:09 PM

In Phil's defense, he's gone drinking with my wife and knows how cool she is.  Not really F13 material, though.

Restarted Rogue Galaxy today.  2006 doesn't seem that long ago.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9657 on: November 05, 2014, 02:58:57 PM

Yeah, Yeg did pretty well for himself.  Fair enough, though.

Y'all day 1 purchasers clearly haven't learned your lesson.  Wait at least week and don't get screwed over by server outages, etc.  This is what we know from the last 5+ years of Always Online/Day 1 Patches gaming.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9658 on: November 05, 2014, 03:05:29 PM

I haven't had this sort of issue with any Bioware game. Anyhow, I can always peek my head back into FFXIV if such issues arise.

-Rasix
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9659 on: November 05, 2014, 03:21:14 PM

Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 had a ton of bugs at launch.  I really liked the bug in DA2 where Isabela's companion ability actually slowed your attack speed incrementally throughout the game rather than speeding it up by x percent.  By the end of my first playthrough, my dual-wielding rogue was fighting like he was stuck in a tar pit.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: