Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231543 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9450 on: October 01, 2014, 08:32:16 AM

Played the crap out of Forza Horizon 2 yesterday with my brother - this game is fantastic (despite some launch glitches related to digitally-purchased copies) if you're into racing games/cars at all.

Do any of these driving games translate well to the PC or am I pretty much obligated to buy a console if I want to enjoy them?

I'm actually in that group now since I'm not buying a XBOne.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9451 on: October 01, 2014, 08:37:52 AM

This game is fucking clownshoes.
At this point, after so many attempts to create a sequel to Thief 2, I hope people understand why we call it a masterpiece. Also why Looking Glass was an amazing studio and why people were pissed when it broke up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv8EJGOoEaU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aleJ-JJSB7M

It's telling that my primary memories of the game is stuff like this, or watching them run around the streets chasing each other.

I know it's more of an arcade game, but I really enjoy Burnout Paradise, though I haven't played it much since my 3d Vision quit working a while ago.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #9452 on: October 01, 2014, 10:25:55 AM

Anyone giving Shadows of Mordor a try and have impressions? Guy at work likes it but also admits he's only gotten to play 3-4 hours.  That puts it firmly in "honeymoon" because he was all hyped for Destiny, too, and now doesn't play it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9453 on: October 01, 2014, 10:27:13 AM

Anyone giving Shadows of Mordor a try and have impressions? Guy at work likes it but also admits he's only gotten to play 3-4 hours.  That puts it firmly in "honeymoon" because he was all hyped for Destiny, too, and now doesn't play it.

Took a a little break from Dark Souls II to try out Shadow of Mordor.

And... well... I really like it. The combat is extremely fluid and visceral, the Orc hunting and how they level and change is really well done. The game play mechanics themselves are extremely fun. It's just SO not a game that belongs in the Tolkien universe. Shoehorning Gollum into it actually took me out of the game.

I'll just pretend it's called Shadow of Modror: Orc Hunter or something.

Just finished a four hour session of Shadow of Mordor. I'm sold. I'm also just a little shocked that there's something I can say I've never played anything like that before. Not the Arkham Creed/Assassin's Asylum combat That's good, but not new. The Nemesis system: can someone show me some prior art, because someone HAD to have done this before, right? .

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9454 on: October 01, 2014, 11:17:52 AM

Anyone giving Shadows of Mordor a try and have impressions?

Me rove it rong time after 45 minutes only.  Made thread.  I admit that I might not be a good predictor of general popularity, however I almost always know what I'm going to like right from the start.

Unless it's Knights of the Old Republic 2, but I'm calling shenanigans on that.  Or any game that the dev just stopped working on one day.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9455 on: October 01, 2014, 11:24:29 AM

Giant Bomb's review says Shadows of Mordor is one of those rare games that gets better the longer you play. Be warned though, the 360 and PS3 versions lack the dynamic AI thingy, which is like 90% of the game's charm.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9456 on: October 01, 2014, 11:27:42 AM

Giant Bomb's review says Shadows of Mordor is one of those rare games that gets better the longer you play. Be warned though, the 360 and PS3 versions lack the dynamic AI thingy, which is like 90% of the game's charm.

You mean the PC version isn't just a console port?  I may be in love!

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9457 on: October 01, 2014, 11:32:38 AM

The PC port is supposedly very janky.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9458 on: October 01, 2014, 11:37:32 AM

Played the crap out of Forza Horizon 2 yesterday with my brother - this game is fantastic (despite some launch glitches related to digitally-purchased copies) if you're into racing games/cars at all.
Do any of these driving games translate well to the PC or am I pretty much obligated to buy a console if I want to enjoy them?
Some translate okay. However franchises like Forza or Gran Turismo never get ported.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9459 on: October 01, 2014, 11:39:49 AM

Some translate okay. However franchises like Forza or Gran Turismo never get ported.

Colin McRae Rally was one of my favorite driving sim titles for the PC.  I've always wanted to find a game that could recreate that magic with upgraded graphics and physics. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9460 on: October 01, 2014, 12:01:31 PM

#ps4masterrace

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #9461 on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:47 PM

I got it on steam and no noticable jankiness. I am playing it with a controller though.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #9462 on: October 01, 2014, 01:48:40 PM

Just finished two "casual" games from my Steam backlog: Portal 2 (awesome, a bit dragged out in the "old aperture" labs as far as puzzles go...but not for the lore and backstory, which was great) and Bastion (such a gem, even for a total controller inept like me :P).

Now onward with The Cave, Trine 1 and Limbo.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #9463 on: October 01, 2014, 04:17:36 PM

I am playing with a keyboard / mouse on the PC and I am fairly happy with it. I have a controller I just haven't decided if I want to use it or not.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9464 on: October 04, 2014, 09:27:46 PM

Grabbed the new Smash Bros. 3DS game on Friday, it's probably the first full price game I've bought in like a year.  Seems pretty fun so far, I never touched Brawl due to not having a Wii, but so far this seems pretty fun.  There's a bunch of game modes (though the menu system is borked) and lots of stuff to do in it.

Played through Batman: Arkham City and Origins.  I dunno, I was expecting them to be horrible compared to Asylum for some reason, but I had a lot of fun with them.  Origins is a bit glitchy, though.  Writing veers in to "I'm the goddamn Batman" territory a couple of times, but for the most part it's okay, and there are a few neat touches here and there.  I really enjoyed the heck out of City, and am almost done with Origins (like one district worth of Riddler trophies left, and the DLC campaign).

Trying to play through Cloud Chamber, which puts the "argh" in ARG.  Well, that's probably a bit harsh, it just feels like one of those "not for you" kinds of games, and for that matter, I'm not sure who it IS for.  It's like someone made an ARG but rather than hiding the puzzle pieces around the internet and leaving clues at a Nine Inch Nails concert or whatever, they're all just here in this game, and you click on a video to watch it or a document to read it or whatever and then you keep doing that until you've seen all the videos and that's the game.  Except that some of the videos are locked, and the only way to unlock them is by commenting on the videos and getting other players to give them enough thumbs up.  So it's basically "Youtube Comments: The Video Game".  I dunno, maybe I'm just not in the target demo, it's not like it's the worst thing ever, but I just SO am not feeling this one.  The story so far is all vague and "mysterious" and hasn't gone anywhere yet, I'm at something like chapter six or seven out of eight I think, and I really doubt they can wrap it up satisfactorily but I guess we'll see.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9465 on: October 04, 2014, 11:17:11 PM

I haven't heard that from anyone I know with the game; much the opposite in fact.

EDIT: People are even generally claiming its playable with mouse/KB which is really surprising.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:20:07 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9466 on: October 05, 2014, 09:28:35 AM

Yeah it does sound like it's decent enough.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #9467 on: October 05, 2014, 10:20:29 AM

3DS - Rune Factory 4 (Don't judge me!)

PC - Nothing at the moment.  Mostly because it's a 3 year old laptop in the process of a long slow death.  Plus if I played any games, it'd interfere with interacting with Clicker Heroes.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Borderlands 2 - I realize this is days behind, but I also strongly recommend the Dragon Keep DLC.

Shadows of Mordor - I haven't played it, but the guys I hang out with in IRC have been enjoying it a lot.  If it weren't for dying laptop, I'd be tempted to get it myself.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #9468 on: October 05, 2014, 10:30:43 AM

EDIT: People are even generally claiming its playable with mouse/KB which is really surprising.

It absolutely is, not sure why it would be a problem.  It didn't even occur to me i might want to use a controller for it.  This is the game of the year.

I am the .00000001428%
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9469 on: October 05, 2014, 11:04:48 AM

3DS - Rune Factory 4 (Don't judge me!).
No shame needed, RF4 is fantastic.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9470 on: October 05, 2014, 11:48:39 AM

I got into the first Warlock game. It has a memory leak, is glacially paced but still evokes MoM good enough for me to get one more turn syndrome.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9471 on: October 05, 2014, 01:25:23 PM

Finished Shadowrun:Dragonfall:Director's Cut:Electric Boogaloo as well as Wasteland 2 (though I already played the normal version of DF and played WL2 a fair bit in beta, so I got some unfair advantage there).

Started up Elminage Gothic, and wtf is this I don't even. I think I like it, though Japan should really move past making Wizardry 1 clones and start making Wizardry 7 or 8 clones instead. Even my love of retro cRPGs has its limits!  awesome, for real

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9472 on: October 05, 2014, 03:56:50 PM

Current Thi4f Status:

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9473 on: October 05, 2014, 04:19:13 PM

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #9474 on: October 05, 2014, 04:43:58 PM

I finished Limbo: it did great wonders to my self-esteem, now at an all time low. Gawd, I suck at puzzle games :( . Still, I look forward to Playdead's next title, "Inside":

http://playdead.com/inside/

Looks good  ACK!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:49:50 PM by Lucas »

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9475 on: October 06, 2014, 05:53:14 AM

Destiny and Shadow of Mordor.  Sometimes Marvel Heroes, but not very much.

I delivered the water chip in Fallout and have sort of stalled out.  Carrying too many guns because I might need them.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9476 on: October 06, 2014, 08:25:50 AM

SWTOR, Rocksmith, minecraft. The usual. I remember back when I played lots of different games.

I did try Planetary Annhilation, which I backed in a moment of weekness...forgot how much I dislike RTS. Thought the cool planet aspect would save it for me. Dropping me into the game with no documentation or tutorial ended that quickly.

Also tried LEGO Marvel, it's an ok game but not really my thing, 'look for the blatantly obvious way to progress the level to the next blatantly obvious thing'.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9477 on: October 06, 2014, 08:38:03 AM

It's really a OCD collectible game with crap challenges and dumb story to get in the way.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9478 on: October 06, 2014, 09:30:20 AM

I'm more ADHD than OCD.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #9479 on: October 06, 2014, 09:48:52 AM

GW2, Dark Souls 2 and Shadow of Mordor. Want to play them all, don't have the time.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9480 on: October 06, 2014, 10:40:57 AM

At the point where I can go to the second section in Wasteland 2.  Unsure if I want to continue.   I feel like I've gotten something resembling value out of the game. 

FFXIV continues to amuse.  I'm not sure I'd be playing if it wasn't for the really good support structure I've got going there.  They keep me as far away from the PUGs as possible.  The dungeon length in this game is perfect. 

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9481 on: October 06, 2014, 08:23:04 PM

Started up Elminage Gothic, and wtf is this I don't even. I think I like it, though Japan should really move past making Wizardry 1 clones and start making Wizardry 7 or 8 clones instead. Even my love of retro cRPGs has its limits!  awesome, for real
I was going to buy this because I love the genre despite having not played a single Wizardry game. Then I read that you don't have a permanent map, only consumable map items, which sounds really fucking stupid.

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #9482 on: October 06, 2014, 10:01:39 PM

I got ten games free with my video card when I bought a new computer this summer, my first Steam backlog. So, I decided to work my way through alphabetically.  First up, Alan Wake. It's been okay so far. The offset third person view annoys me at times, as well as the slow motion bits when enemies appear.

Still playing some FF14 on the side. Still have a few months on my sub. It's enjoyable enough in a grind out achievement kind of way.

I haven't played swtor in months and the expansion looks hella lame. Another enemy the republic and empire must face together, like the hutts, and the dread masters. But this time it's Revan! blech. No class story, not going to bother updating my cc info. I mean I knew they had given up on that but at least they could have advanced the war in a non-retarded way.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9483 on: October 06, 2014, 10:07:40 PM

Started up Elminage Gothic, and wtf is this I don't even. I think I like it, though Japan should really move past making Wizardry 1 clones and start making Wizardry 7 or 8 clones instead. Even my love of retro cRPGs has its limits!  awesome, for real
I was going to buy this because I love the genre despite having not played a single Wizardry game. Then I read that you don't have a permanent map, only consumable map items, which sounds really fucking stupid.
One of the first things I did was download a mod from somewhere that makes the maps infinite use. (the game uses CSV 'databases', so this is really simple to do, apparently) I'm also considering doubling all monster xp once I hit midgame, because the alternative - hours of grinding easy enemies - can fuck right off.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9484 on: October 07, 2014, 05:10:52 AM

I sometimes forget modding is a thing. Still might wait for a sale, but at least the glaring issue can be fixed.

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: