Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:45:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231404 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9240 on: August 03, 2014, 02:41:02 PM

Waiting around for Ingmar to decide it's time for us to play LotR: War in the North together. Someone got him two copies for his birthday!

Let me know how this is, it seemed to evaporate shortly after release.

I haven't actually played it yet still (but I will soon!), but the graphics are pretty rough. The font in particular did not port over well from its console verison.

God Save the Horn Players
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #9241 on: August 03, 2014, 03:23:43 PM

I just downloaded and am going to play The Fall.
I got this and played it. It is everything that's right and everything that's wrong with point and click adventure games. All of those things. I specifically forced myself to stay away from walkthroughs and there was a small helping of TRY EVERY ITEM ON EVERY OTHER ITEM WHAT THE FUCK AM I EVEN SUPPOSED TO DO YOU INSANE PUZZLE DESIGNER. OH WAIT I GUESS I JUST CLICKED THE WRONG PIXEL ON THAT BACKGROUND OBJECT THAT ISN'T ACTUALLY JUST A BACKGROUND OBJECT.

Great atmosphere, interesting story, and everything made sense after the fact... but if you are not a fan of the point and click I really cannot recommend it.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #9242 on: August 03, 2014, 04:44:01 PM

Waiting around for Ingmar to decide it's time for us to play LotR: War in the North together. Someone got him two copies for his birthday!

Let me know how this is, it seemed to evaporate shortly after release.

I haven't actually played it yet still (but I will soon!), but the graphics are pretty rough. The font in particular did not port over well from its console verison.
LotR: WitN (godammit) isn't half-bad, but it isn't particularly great either. It's pretty janky (rushed, I imagine) and suffers badly from consolitis, especially the UI and the control scheme (as usual). I imagine a gamepad would help but a friend and I both played it using K+M with no major hassles.

As for the mechanics, it's pretty fun. Decent combat, loot and character advancement. I seem to recall it being really quite easy, even on the higher difficulties. The player classes feel distinct and the mobs are fun with unique behaviours and counters. Really, underneath the jank there's a surprisingly competent beat'em up. The pacing is all right and the game doesn't get bogged down with bullshit (none you can't skip, any way). It feels like LotR about as much as LotRO does, which isn't too bad. About 10 hours long. There's a NG+ mode if you want to squeeze some more time out of it.

If you can get two copies for $20 or less, and the concept appeals to you, I think it's all right value.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:49:47 PM by Tarami »

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9243 on: August 03, 2014, 05:00:23 PM

Yeah, now we've played some of it, and it's pretty okay. I wouldn't want to play it by myself and the K&M is fine but I think it probably works better with a gamepad (which I don't have). I'm the fugly Nolan North ranger, which has been pretty fun to fight with so far.

God Save the Horn Players
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9244 on: August 04, 2014, 02:31:00 AM

In preparation for Pillars of Eternity, I've been doing a full playthrough of the Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BG1, BG2, TOB) with the help of the BWP mod manager; it allows for (mostly) effortless and bug-free installation of a truckload of content/NPCs/gameplay/tactics mods, including the 'big' megamods (Darkest Day, Shadows over Soubar, Tortured Souls, etc). So far I'm 4-5 hours into the BG2 section, and my biggest takeaway would be "smaller quest mods are decent to good, but don't bother with megamods"... which is honestly mind-boggling, I expected the smaller quest mods to be much worse.

I mean, Darkest Day is pretty much shit no matter how you look at it: writing, enemies, story. I guess it was a great technical achievement back in the day, but geez. Tortured Souls lost me when a powergamed kensai/mage joined my group at the end of Irenicus' dungeon with a +4/+3 wakizashi combo, a very powerful spell loadout and a better THAC0/AC than Minsc. And there was some unknown megamod that tried to put Drizzt and Wulfgar into my party at the start of BG2 combined with facepalm-worthy cutscenes and writing... yeahhh, no.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9245 on: August 04, 2014, 07:24:52 PM

I finally caved and bought Monster Monpiece. Wow. This game takes the cake for perverted Japanese games. this guy looks legit It's a card battle/RPG for the PS Vita about Monster Girls (link NSFW), where you evolve your cards by rubbing, poking and pinching the girls using the touch screen. As your cards evolve, the characters become more and more scantily clad. The gameplay itself is actually pretty good, if a bit easy so far; the VN-style story sequences are a bit long, but they're fully voiced and it's got all the VN bells and whistles like Auto/Skip/Hide Text so that's nice at least. rk47 is probably the only other one here who will enjoy this, but whatever.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #9246 on: August 04, 2014, 07:36:42 PM

Describe the gameplay. I will literally play anything on the fucking Vita just to get some use out of it.

That said, Rogue Legacy just came out for it, and that's probably the perfect purchase for this piece of shit.

Edit: Scratch that, just looked at pictures of the gameplay. Saw Idea Factory developed it. Fuccccccccccccck that shit.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:04:46 PM by schild »
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9247 on: August 04, 2014, 09:29:44 PM

Tried Wasteland 2 beta last night.
I feel tired.
I wanna sleep.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #9248 on: August 05, 2014, 12:34:12 AM

I downloaded Rogue Legacy for the PS4.

It's a neat take on the Rogue/Roguelike formula. I like it a lot so far. Looking at the progression and upgrade path I suspect that it will probably become 'do boss runs for money to buy upgrades' at some point in the future but right now I've already sunk six hours into it.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9249 on: August 05, 2014, 05:41:17 AM

I don't think you can actually fight the bosses again once you've killed them.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9250 on: August 05, 2014, 06:48:34 AM

Playing Tamadochi Life still, family is ahead of me but I might be overtaking the boy since he seems to have stopped playing it.

LEGO City: The Chase Begins, which I've had for a while but didn't play because it's not quite LEGO City: Undercover.  It's been long enough that there is no mental overlap now.

Path of Exile.  Nothing exciting to report, just enjoying the game and looking forward to crafting my house or dojo or whatever is going to happen in fifteen days.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #9251 on: August 05, 2014, 07:50:12 AM

Very nearly finished with my first run through Dark Souls 2, playing about an hour a night. Have Bonfire Ascetic'd a number of areas to get various items. Once I got to Earthen Peak and Iron Keep, I didn't look at any walkthroughs (except to know that I needed to eventually Ascetic-ize Tseldora for the Crystal Soul Spear) and pretty much did the bosses in 1 try. Once you get stronger as a sorcerer and have a couple of AOE spells, things go down pretty well and there's only a few bosses that really pose trouble. Still a bit stuck on the Bonfire Asceticized version of the giant spider--takes a lot of position work to make sure my best spells don't hit her legs and the second wave of spiders usually causes me trouble.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9252 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:46 AM

Etrian Odyssey 4.

F O E

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9253 on: August 05, 2014, 11:41:59 AM

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9254 on: August 05, 2014, 11:55:48 AM

F O E?

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9255 on: August 05, 2014, 12:00:44 PM

Forge of Empires?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9256 on: August 05, 2014, 12:09:43 PM

Fo fo fo?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9257 on: August 05, 2014, 12:41:50 PM

schild
Administrator

Reply #9258 on: August 05, 2014, 12:58:27 PM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9259 on: August 05, 2014, 01:18:32 PM

It sure as hell does not get old.  The cougars from RDR/GTV wish they were F O E!
F O E!
F O E!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9260 on: August 05, 2014, 01:21:37 PM

in the competitive draft queue

F O E

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9261 on: August 05, 2014, 01:48:51 PM

I think my brains just leaked out of my ears.  ACK!

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9262 on: August 05, 2014, 02:21:31 PM

There's a major heat wave so playing isn't so fun atm. I've played a little Wolfenstein at night and a bunch of Kingdom Rush on the phone at work. Because fuck working when it's +30C and near 100% relative humidity.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9263 on: August 06, 2014, 01:14:20 AM

I am so God damn bad at SF4.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9264 on: August 06, 2014, 06:50:13 AM

I think my brains just leaked out of my ears.  ACK!

F O E

F O E

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9265 on: August 06, 2014, 06:50:55 AM

There's a major heat wave so playing isn't so fun atm. I've played a little Wolfenstein at night and a bunch of Kingdom Rush on the phone at work. Because fuck working when it's +30C and near 100% relative humidity.

Oh, you guys don't have air conditioning, right? Ohhhhh, I see.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9266 on: August 06, 2014, 08:34:24 AM

Oh, you guys don't have air conditioning, right? Ohhhhh, I see.

What's that? It is in fact the employer's policy to not install aircon in any locations because greenwashing.

fake edit: I was actually going to buy one of those water cooled things for the apartment next year. They're all sold out or price gouged atm. Good for using during the hottest summer days and then I can stuff it in the basement come winter.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:37:50 AM by jakonovski »
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9267 on: August 06, 2014, 04:11:27 PM

I feel your pain on that one cry
I keep trying to get ready for the release of Ultra on Friday, but I'm just failing so hard.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9268 on: August 07, 2014, 05:26:34 AM

I bought Factorio last night at 10 PM.

Went to sleep at 5 AM.

Fuck me sideways.

Edit: Realized we don't have any existing posts on this lovely little game. Link added.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:30:46 AM by Yoru »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9269 on: August 07, 2014, 05:37:04 AM

That looks cool, but they lost me at "late Alpha".

Hey, is Prison Architect done yet?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9270 on: August 07, 2014, 06:02:53 AM

I'm with Phildo. I think $10 is my price cap for Early Access stuff now, given that one day I'll be able to buy them all for <$5 during a sale anyway.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9271 on: August 07, 2014, 09:11:58 AM

That looks cool, but they lost me at "late Alpha".

It's definitely a bit content-light right now. As you'd expect with a sensibly-run alpha, they're proofing out all the basic systems before chucking in a ton of content. Should be a good one to keep an eye on in the future.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #9272 on: August 07, 2014, 03:35:25 PM

I feel your pain on that one cry
I keep trying to get ready for the release of Ultra on Friday, but I'm just failing so hard.

I basically have problems that will only be solved with another odd 500 hours of playing the game, which I don't see happening any time soon.  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #9273 on: August 07, 2014, 04:45:28 PM

Went to sleep at 5 AM.

Fuck me sideways.

Edit: Realized we don't have any existing posts on this lovely little game. Link added.

I knew before I clicked on the link that it would probably be crack.  Yup, that looks like crack.  I'm going to resist the urge to buy into the alpha but I can see myself buying the full release even before it goes on sale.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #9274 on: August 07, 2014, 05:58:34 PM

Went to sleep at 5 AM.

Fuck me sideways.

Looks like a more complicated version of SpaceChem.  Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: