Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:15:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 15 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231644 times)
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8890 on: May 01, 2014, 05:38:57 PM

Started Dark Souls 2 last night. It runs pretty well on my outdated PC, which is great.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8891 on: May 02, 2014, 03:58:31 AM

Speaking of Dark Souls 2 on PC...how good is this conversion?  The only reason I haven't bought this game yet is because I am still trying (actively) to get through DS1 on PS3.  Big graphical improvements?  Works well with a 360 controller?  Major bug issues?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8892 on: May 02, 2014, 06:51:22 AM

I've been the fiercest opponent to the PC versions. To me this simply was just a console game and not just because of the controller debate (it NEEDS a controller. Period). And still, I have to simply admit: the PC version is the ultmate version.

- It has 1920x1080. It shows. It's like playing the HD version of it, or putting on glasses after playing for years without it.
- It runs at 60fps or more. It feels great.
- Load times are between 3 and 5 seconds as opposed to the 30-40 seconds on console. This is very important when you die (no waiting time) and when you summon or are summoned.
- Everything else is absolutely the same.

So basically, with the PC version you get 4 major improvements and simply not a single downside. As I said, it's simply a no brainer. As long as you have a controller or can get one, PC version is just many times better. PC manages to make an already stellar game.... better.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8893 on: May 02, 2014, 07:04:19 AM

Sweet, that sounds great. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8894 on: May 02, 2014, 08:35:21 AM

So they learned their lesson from the last game?  That's encouraging.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8895 on: May 02, 2014, 12:51:04 PM

Has anyone heard of Minimum?  They're giving away beta codes at IGN.  It looks good.  You can craft pets and explode things.  If you get your friends to join up, they'll give you prizes.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8896 on: May 02, 2014, 03:28:09 PM

Minimum refers to how much effort they put into graphics.

"if you get your friends to join" is the fastest way to make a game sound like utter dogshit. People used to do that without incentives when games were GOOD.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8897 on: May 03, 2014, 08:16:11 AM

Minimum refers to how much effort they put into graphics.

"if you get your friends to join" is the fastest way to make a game sound like utter dogshit. People used to do that without incentives when games were GOOD.

Yeah if I hear that phrase, I immediately thing of Facebook garbage and move on to the next thing.

One exception that I play right now is Kingsroad, sort of a brower-based ARPG lite, where they put up things to invite friends, but it has no bearing on the F2P nature of the game. It's a straight cash shop thing.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8898 on: May 03, 2014, 08:54:40 AM

A game named "Dust: An Elysian Tail" is the freebie xbox game right now.  It might be a furry game.  I'm not entirely sure what it is.  I'm stuck, though, so I'll try and play it.  The second freebie game coming up is "Saint's Row: Third" which is cool because I just sent my copy to my nephew. 

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8899 on: May 03, 2014, 09:23:55 AM

Giving "Sir, You Are Being Hunted" another shot.  It's improved a bit since I last played it.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #8900 on: May 03, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

Dust is basically a Vanillaware game if made by a single furry dude.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8901 on: May 03, 2014, 12:05:04 PM

It's also a pretty good game, but yeah, it is very furry.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8902 on: May 03, 2014, 01:59:02 PM

Ok, well then, it's free.  Furries are sort of creepy but not in a good way like evil clowns.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8903 on: May 03, 2014, 02:05:16 PM

I am still amazed at how MUCH Diablo 3 I've been playing since the patch.

That's the DH now 70 too.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #8904 on: May 04, 2014, 06:00:48 PM

Decided to play the Witcher 2, but figured I might as well play the first one before playing the second.  When the first Witcher came out I played through to the middle of act 2 before I had to drop it due to other matters.

Man, that was hard to take again.  It wasn't just the combat mechanics, but my tolerance for bad auto-save systems has gotten much lower in years.  I went into a cave, got jumped by 3 ghouls and managed to die.  However, even though I meditated, entered several different zones, talked to some people, bought and sold things, got some new quests, and apparently at no time during that did it ever create an auto-save.  I didn't feel like playing through that again and potentially having that happen again so I'm just going to jump right into Witcher 2.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8905 on: May 04, 2014, 06:07:07 PM

I'm playing child of light and it's great
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8906 on: May 04, 2014, 07:31:01 PM

Decided to play the Witcher 2, but figured I might as well play the first one before playing the second.  When the first Witcher came out I played through to the middle of act 2 before I had to drop it due to other matters.

Man, that was hard to take again.  It wasn't just the combat mechanics, but my tolerance for bad auto-save systems has gotten much lower in years.  I went into a cave, got jumped by 3 ghouls and managed to die.  However, even though I meditated, entered several different zones, talked to some people, bought and sold things, got some new quests, and apparently at no time during that did it ever create an auto-save.  I didn't feel like playing through that again and potentially having that happen again so I'm just going to jump right into Witcher 2.

You rely on autosaves?   ACK! I don't care how often a game autosaves, I save compulsively every few minutes, after I do anything, or before I'm about to do anything.  Quick save or no, I hate re-doing even the most minor thing.  Witcher 2, however, probably isn't that hard to get into without playing the first.  The NPCs will talk your ear off if you let them.   Witcher 1 is pretty damn long too, and a couple of the chapters feel rather long.  You run around a lot.

Playing some GTA 5, SWTOR, and Hearthstone (it's great for conference calls and/or pooping).  I kind of feel like playing Shadowrun again, so I may just buy the expansion and knock that out this week.  GTA 5 seems to take a lot of the criticisms from 4 to heart.  It's nice that I don't have to drive 10 minutes to an area and replay the entire mission if I die landing the plane at the end.  Game could really do with sort of quick travel, however.  I don't always want to drive out to the sticks to do a side mission for Trevor.

-Rasix
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #8907 on: May 04, 2014, 07:44:24 PM

I'm playing child of light and it's great

I'm hoping to dig into it tonight.  Hopefully.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8908 on: May 04, 2014, 07:47:12 PM

right now Child of Light crashed and corrupted my save, that's less great. Was 90% through the game.

Game didn't automatically upload save to cloud even though I activated it in the settings so all of my progress is now lost.

Game still great but that shit is absolutely unacceptable
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8909 on: May 05, 2014, 08:24:05 AM

After having finished Shadowrun, I'm vacillating between a lot of games like I have gamer OCD. Back to Battlefield 4 because of the Naval Strike expansion (Carrier Assault is good, maps are ok - not great, not terribad). Still poking at Football Manager 2014 trying to get Liverpool a title. Had a really bad run of form against mediocre sides recently, then got curb-stomped by Chelsea like 6-0, but still doing good in Champion's League. Hearthstone is more addictive than it should be for a shitty card game with a terribad matchmaker. I started a run on Dark Souls for the 360 - and that game is hard. I've put about 45 minutes into Walking Dead on the 360 as well but that one feels like it's missing interactivity (since it's really an adventure game and I haven't played one of those in years).

Finally, I've been putting more time into the original Baldur's Gate and fuck me - games really were harder then. So many QOL issues with that game compared to modern times. Something fucked happened last night - I accepted Shandalar's quest in Ulgoth's Beard and got teleported to an ice island in the middle of fucking nowhere. And now every time I move anywhere in the dungeon, I get skullfucked by a bunch of magic-users. I'm going to have to go back to an earlier save and tell Shandalar to go fuck himself aren't I?

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #8910 on: May 05, 2014, 08:27:51 AM

Walking Dead had me thinking the same exact thing in the beginning.  Needless to say, I was a total convert by the end.  Remarkable experience.  I cried like a bitch more than once.  When I think back on it, I don't even remember it playing like a point-and-click adventure game.

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #8911 on: May 05, 2014, 09:37:15 AM

Finally, I've been putting more time into the original Baldur's Gate and fuck me - games really were harder then. So many QOL issues with that game compared to modern times. Something fucked happened last night - I accepted Shandalar's quest in Ulgoth's Beard and got teleported to an ice island in the middle of fucking nowhere. And now every time I move anywhere in the dungeon, I get skullfucked by a bunch of magic-users. I'm going to have to go back to an earlier save and tell Shandalar to go fuck himself aren't I?

Not sure where you are level-wise but the Ulgoth's Beard stuff is harder than anything in the rest of the game. So just ignore it until you are done with everything else but the final boss fight. You should do it though because despite being very tough, it's also great.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8912 on: May 05, 2014, 09:41:07 AM

Haemish, are you playing the Enhanced Edition or the original one?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8913 on: May 05, 2014, 10:10:18 AM

The original classic version from Gog.

All of my party are like level 3 so yes, that Ice Island is a bit of a "I'm fucked" situation.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #8914 on: May 05, 2014, 10:12:43 AM

I've had more trouble with the enhanced edition than I've ever had with the original.

My game completely broke in the latter half of the game when an enemy NPC didn't spawn and I couldn't get it to work right even using the commandline to forcespawn him in and give me the stuff I needed to trigger the plot progression. Earlier saves didn't work either so something was broken really early, or from the getgo.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8915 on: May 05, 2014, 11:28:43 AM

The original classic version from Gog.

All of my party are like level 3 so yes, that Ice Island is a bit of a "I'm fucked" situation.

In fairness, if you're only level 3, you could start again and be where you are in a couple of hours....

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8916 on: May 06, 2014, 09:45:18 AM

I'm bad at SF4, this makes me sad.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8917 on: May 06, 2014, 10:19:37 AM

So, ok, there's this gamed named Bound by Flame and it looks fun.  I'm thinking of getting it but I don't know if I should get it for console or PC.  Anyone know anything about it?  Of course, maybe I shouldn't get it at all because it secretly sucks.  It's on sale and if you buy it from Steam it's another 15% off but I want to get it on the platform that suits it best.  Don't say PS3 because I gave mine away.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8918 on: May 06, 2014, 10:31:57 AM

Reminds me of a janky version of Dragon Age.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #8919 on: May 07, 2014, 01:17:04 PM

More GTA:O, some Titanfall and a fair bit of Luftrausers, which is great arcadey fun.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8920 on: May 08, 2014, 12:20:28 PM

Bouncing between Fire Emblem: Awakening and Warframe with the lady.

I'm digging Warframe a lot, though I can already see how we're going to get tired of it by the time we've maxed out a few frames. It's fun, but just janky enough to have a bit of character.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8921 on: May 11, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

Just finished Walking Dead season 1.

Was pretty good.  Definitely enjoyed it more than Last of Us and would be more inclined to recommend it as a "guy becomes father figure to plucky little girl in the midst of the zombie apocalypse" kind of a game.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8922 on: May 13, 2014, 01:36:43 AM

Waaaaaay to much Hex.  Lots of Hex.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #8923 on: May 13, 2014, 02:51:09 AM

Playing Rift, mainly doing the craft shuffle between alts and selling on the AH.  Creating custom souls is fun too.

Back on Hearthstone.  I made a zoolock decks from the net and it is godly.  I made my own Rogue deck to climb the rankings and it synergies with stealth and spell damage.  Had an awesome game last night I should have lost due to poor play, but I got exactly the cards I needed to get back in the game and pull it out. 
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #8924 on: May 13, 2014, 08:50:18 AM

Been awhile.

Lets see...

PC: mostly Warframe and XCOM: Enemy Within. Warframe, mostly forma-ing the living whee out of niche weapons and grinding keys. XCOM, Mectroopers are just too much fun, even if they do make you a tad uncomfortable.

360: World of Tanks. This is strictly a Friday Nights After the Bars game. The matchmaking is pure unadulterated shit, but some fun to be had--as long as you're not playing T4 and up light tanks.

3DS: Should just say DS, since the game of choice presently is Infinite Space. Never have finished it, this time...actually might. Can't help but think the game would have been brilliant on a more expansive platform, but probably wouldn't have turned out as well. Fun, though, even limited as it is.

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: