Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2255089 times)
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #8610 on: February 05, 2014, 07:32:26 PM

Played, and finished, M&M 10.
What kind of machine did you run it on?  Mine's getting a little dated and while I want to try the game, I don't have it in me to upgrade the computer just to do so.  This was something most of the pre-release reviewers were talking about.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8611 on: February 05, 2014, 09:09:36 PM

Just Baal left in Disgaea D2, which probably means another 30 hours of grinding or so. Then I've gotta do a NG+ for a few trophies, since I've decided to go for the Platinum.

Also need to finish up the Bravely Default demo, since the real game comes out Friday and I want all of the unlocks.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8612 on: February 06, 2014, 07:22:38 AM

Been playing a bit of SWTOR, which I've really been enjoying. Just got into Landmark, so I'll probably lapse my TOR sub, which is good since I probably should take a break before I start to burn out. Got my assassin to the cap and did all kinds of grouping activity, sheer madness.

Making an effort to put in more time with Rocksmith despite the still (but slightly less than before) wonky interface. I hope 2015 just puts in the damn fret numbers for reals. It's challenging enough to sight read without looking at the fretboard, taking away most of the numbers is just cruel.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #8613 on: February 07, 2014, 10:39:26 AM

I'm playing a bit of SWTOR as well, but I'm not sure for how long. Jumping puzzles, designers of jumping puzzles and games that implement jumping puzzles can all BURN IN THE CIRCLES OF HELL!!1

(Sorry, this comes off of a 45 minute attempt at completing one stupid jump for an insignificant +3 stat gain.)

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8614 on: February 07, 2014, 12:20:55 PM

I gave up on bothering with the jump puzzles. Just stick to the parts you enjoy.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8615 on: February 07, 2014, 02:09:54 PM

Was playing SWTOR myself for a while but just recently stopped. Was still having some fun with it but I've got a ton of other games to start getting into right now. Just signed up for PS+ a couple weeks ago so I've been playing dmc and Resogun. Also going to get started on Outlast at some point. Still slowly making my way through Assassin's Creed IV also, and need to play through the 2nd episode of The Wolf Among Us and the first episode of Walking Dead Season 2. On top of all that I had a Gold Box craving and just started on Pool of Radiance which took me a little while to get everything running properly.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8616 on: February 07, 2014, 02:12:25 PM

The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 is out.  It felt a scene too short, but playtime wise, I think it was about the same length as Episode 1.  I just wish they got the episodes out more quickly. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8617 on: February 07, 2014, 08:02:47 PM

I am wrestling with the decision to play Episode 2 or wait til they get them all out. Supposedly the big delay between 1 and 2 won't happen with the rest.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8618 on: February 07, 2014, 10:36:01 PM

I sure hope so.  The wait after the ending of the first episode was not fun. 

I probably should have waited until it was all finished, but patience isn't my strong suit. 
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #8619 on: February 09, 2014, 10:00:14 AM

Finally finished Might & Magic X: Legacy. It was a flawed game but it was nostalgic to play a game with turn based combat and square based movement. Just wish I had known about the last fight beforehand:
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8620 on: February 09, 2014, 02:46:16 PM

Dove back into Civ V hard this past week. It's really amazing how much it's improved since it came out. The thing that really impresses me now is that the AI can really calculate when it's got to act against the player even if the player has been trying to keep things peaceful. It still can't quite sustain an offensive or recognize when it's at a good moment to buy a bit of breathing room with a peace offer after making a few gains, but it also will act even if it doesn't have an overwhelming advantage, just a possible opportunity. It used to be that in the mid-game onward of Civ IV, if the AI launched a full-scale attack on you without you trying to get it to attack, that generally meant it had you beat. Plus the current mechanics make it hard for the player to just go on a conquest rampage and take city after city--you have to be really thoughtful about the pacing of a military-focused game.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #8621 on: February 09, 2014, 07:11:52 PM

Managed to injure myself, so have the week off from work and not much to do.  So I'll entertain myself by streaming some games I've been meaning to play on twitch.tv/trias_e

First up, Miasmata.  I've only heard good things about it, but I know fairly little about the game.  All I really know is that it involves mapping and finding a cure for some sort of plague.

Edit:  Played for about 3 hours or so, so I have a decent handle on what the game is like.  It's definitely a slow and somewhat arduous experience, but once you get the hang of things it gets a little less so.  It's fundamentally a game about exploration, and it does that quite well.  I love how it uses the first person perspective, and it's the first game I've played where while moving around on foot navigating terrain is quite difficult.  The game uses a pretty intense momentum system.  It's reasonable once you get used to it, although I think it might be taking things a bit too far.  Hills will be your mortal enemy.  And playing any other first person game after Miasmata is really weird.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:33:09 PM by trias_e »
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8622 on: February 10, 2014, 11:08:06 AM

My 9 month old is finally sleeping through the night so I'm going from only being able to play 3-4 games of LOL a week to, Holy Shit I can play video games again every other day.

Playing League still and finally getting into HEX alpha a bit.

If I had more time I'd love to get a chance to mess around with EQNLandmark.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8623 on: February 10, 2014, 12:29:23 PM

I'm up to Game Day 200 of my M&B playthrough on the mod Persino, and I've succeed in pushing back the Zann Empire invasion after securing myself two villages, a town, and a castle. I'm supporting my troop load of about 190 with several businesses and taxes, but it costs about 12,000 a week to run this army. At the very least I've recruited a few Wolf Knights and Eagle Lords into my personal retainer, and they can crack heads with almost any elite troops. In about 100 more days after the Zann are under control, I'm going rogue from my liege and establishing my Kingdom.

I'm also playing HS at least an hour a day now. Ranked play amuses me as I try new deck combos, and arena is just good old fashioned pvp screaming without the circle strafing.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8624 on: February 10, 2014, 02:49:57 PM

Been absolutely absorbed in Bravely Default for the past few days. It's just

so

good.  ACK!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #8625 on: February 10, 2014, 03:18:36 PM

Mine was delayed in shipment.  :(  I really liked the demo, hope the game comes by the weekend.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #8626 on: February 10, 2014, 03:22:47 PM

Might & Magic X. God save me.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8627 on: February 10, 2014, 04:29:10 PM

Mine was delayed in shipment.  :(  I really liked the demo, hope the game comes by the weekend.

Hope you didn't order the CE. Most of them got absolutely wrecked thanks to the shitty cheapo bubble envelopes Amazon used to ship them.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #8628 on: February 10, 2014, 05:22:58 PM

Balls.

Actually, maybe mine will be okay.  I ordered a textbook on a different order, but they shipped them in the same pack.  Fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 05:28:01 PM by Hawkbit »
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8629 on: February 10, 2014, 05:44:10 PM

If they shipped in a box together they'll almost certainly be fine. It's just ones that were shipped solo that tend to get torn up.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8630 on: February 10, 2014, 10:14:37 PM

Just been playing board games recently - Blood Bowl aside. Not sure if it's the having no internet access thing, or the tiny apartment, or social activities just beating the hell out of sitting around by myself...
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8631 on: February 11, 2014, 06:32:10 AM

Just been playing board games recently - Blood Bowl aside.
why so serious?

(is a board game, you know :)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8632 on: February 11, 2014, 06:34:10 AM

Trying to complete the Bravely Default Demo.

EDIT: Started The Lego Movie Game last night and was delighted to see that it is done by TT Fusion.  It locked up later and I think my 360 may be slowly dying, which makes me sad because it's one of the new ones that can't undock the hard drive.
Don't play this game if you haven't seen the movie.  Seems obvious, but really don't.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:38:11 AM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8633 on: February 11, 2014, 07:15:42 AM

Is it the 250g Slim? Because you can indeed remove the hard drive from those.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8634 on: February 11, 2014, 07:51:18 AM

It is an Elite.  I think Slim refers to a PS3, which I have replaced disks in.  I'm specifically thinking of the lack of a transfer feature if the source disk is internal.  Thanks to the Cloud Save feature, though, I'm not incredibly worried about it although manually copying saves to it is somewhat mysterious or impossible.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8635 on: February 11, 2014, 08:00:00 AM

The one on the left or the right? The Elite is on the left, the Xbox 360 S (or Slim as we called it in retail) is on the right. The elite's hard drive pops off the top, the S has a flap that opens on the top (or maybe bottom) of the unit as shown in that picture. If you have the S, you can buy a new 4Gb model and just pop the drive from your current model in. If you have the Elite, you can buy another Elite (used, obviously) and just pop the hard drive on, or buy a 250Gb S model and a $20 transfer cable to move your data over.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #8636 on: February 11, 2014, 08:01:36 AM

It is an Elite.  I think Slim refers to a PS3, which I have replaced disks in.  I'm specifically thinking of the lack of a transfer feature if the source disk is internal.  Thanks to the Cloud Save feature, though, I'm not incredibly worried about it although manually copying saves to it is somewhat mysterious or impossible.

HDDs can be replaced/swapped on the current revision of the console ('S' or 'E' models) - you just have to open up a door on the side of the machine.  If you need to move data from an older machine to one of the current rev models, you need the data transfer kit.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8637 on: February 11, 2014, 11:07:59 AM

It is the hourglass-shaped one on the right, the S per the docs.  I've been through too many 360s to remember which one is which.  Apparently.  I have a E at a remote location, as well.

I figured the disk image was encrypted to work with the unit it was initialized in.  If I can just move it over to the new unit without any DRM shenanigans, that is very OK.

EDIT to muse that I might want to get a new 360 now, before they are removed from marketing.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8638 on: February 11, 2014, 11:17:32 AM

Yea you can just swap it into a new one.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8639 on: February 11, 2014, 11:53:50 AM

Would have been nice if I could have just done that with the externals, but whatever.

Started Arkham Origins.  So far it doesn't suck, but the voices are wrong.

Also Civ V.  Just like every other time I have played a Civ game, diplomacy fails and I have to fire up the war machine.  I do happen to have a shit-ton of culture (yay Aztecs) but it's not making Hiawatha like me.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8640 on: February 12, 2014, 02:47:01 AM

why so serious?

Yeah but it's only fun online ;)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8641 on: February 12, 2014, 03:18:41 AM

Played this for a while, but it just didn't stick like the others at all.  A very bad mistake there, I think.  Couldn't tell you why, it just felt like DLC for AC.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8642 on: February 12, 2014, 07:39:51 AM

why so serious?

Yeah but it's only fun online ;)
Ahh, yes. Cyanide, the most aptly named game studio ever. Because no.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8643 on: February 12, 2014, 09:25:03 AM

Played this for a while, but it just didn't stick like the others at all.  A very bad mistake there, I think.  Couldn't tell you why, it just felt like DLC for AC.

Speaking of Arkham Origins and DLC...
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8644 on: February 12, 2014, 11:44:32 AM

Well, it won't be the worst thing I have ever bought or played.

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: