Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:58:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 25 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231522 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #8015 on: October 12, 2013, 03:05:05 AM

About to give The Wolf Among Us a whirl. Be interesting to see if the gameplay has evolved any since The Walking Dead.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8016 on: October 13, 2013, 11:17:28 AM

I'm nearly done Rune Factory 4, which has been awesome so far. Unfortunately, it's going to stay "nearly done" for the foreseeable future since I just grabbed Pokemon X and Y. I'm playing Y because the legendary on the cover looks cooler, and it's a blast. The graphics have been overhauled for the 3DS and they look much better than B/W 1&2; the game doesn't look ancient anymore! It's much easier to play with friends now too; you can battle and trade via local multiplayer anywhere (instead of going to a Pokemon Center) by just tapping the touch screen. I think it works that way online too, but didn't have Wi-Fi where I was when I was playing it. They also do a good job of mixing new and old Pokemon in the wild, unlike B/W which limited you to entirely new Pokemon until you beat the Elite Four.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8017 on: October 14, 2013, 09:27:19 AM

I've been playing Wargame: European Escalation in between LOL matches. I like it though it suffers from the same problem most RTS style games do with me - I tend to lose track of WTF is going on at times because so much is going on. It reminds me of World in Conflict, which is a good thing.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #8018 on: October 15, 2013, 07:21:54 AM

The recent Wind Waker HD reviews got me to want to play a Zelda game again. I actually considered buying a WiiU but then I noticed that it's a sad affair on Nintendo's part that a port of a 11 year old game seems to be the only really attractive title for their new flagship console.

I then tried to use an emulator to run my GC copy of WW (GC itself stopped working but even if it did I couldn't connect it to my TV anyway) but quickly realized that the current Dolphin emulator in Version 4.0 still sucks as much as it did the last time I tried it. Apparently an Intel  Core i7 with a Radeon HD 4850 and 4 GB of memory is not sufficient enough to run any gamecube title in constant 30 fps. It would be great if Nintendo considered releasing old titles on non-nintendo platforms or at least to also put them on the 3DS where the amount of first and third party titles at least make the hardware tax more easily justifiable. Buying a WiiU just to replay Wind Waker seems frivolous to me but with a DS I could maybe justify the purchase due to the fact that I could also play Pokemon X/Y, Super Mario 3D land, the Ocarina of Time re-release or the upcoming Zelda title for the DS.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8019 on: October 15, 2013, 09:38:59 AM

Finished Shadowrun Returns. It was ok. Normal difficulty was too easy. The color palette is a bit bright and doesn't pull off urban decay very well.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8020 on: October 16, 2013, 06:54:23 AM

Thinking of taking a break from Atelier Iris 3 but not sure what to sub for it.

GTAV in the evenings with the wife, when possible.

Also I'm trying to make progress in Demon's Souls.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #8021 on: October 16, 2013, 03:21:16 PM

Still pretty much GTAO only and having a fair bit of fun with it still - hopefully they'll patch replay for the co-op missions back in shortly (they've suggested as much).  Halo 4 was $10 on Amazon earlier this week, so I'll be playing that co-op with my brother some time soon.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8022 on: October 16, 2013, 06:46:00 PM

I just really need some new gameplay ideas from a Pokemon game before I dive into one again. Doesn't really seem to me that this one has it.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8023 on: October 17, 2013, 06:02:04 AM

but 3d

I won't see my copy until Christmas.  Meanwhile, Halo 3 is free on XBL and I started that download.

Also I think I've gotten back into the swing of Demon's Souls.  It's definitely harder to progress than Dark Souls.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #8024 on: October 17, 2013, 06:56:02 AM

Have finally gotten back into Dark Souls. Doing ok actually--am about to tackle the Capra Demon w/a knight character. Still don't really know what I should have as equipment (right now have the Drake Sword and some minimally improved Elite armor from the garden) and exactly what kind of build I should be working toward but ok, have gotten this far without a lot of walkthrough hand-holding. Bell Gargoyles were a bit tough but I got it. Can't decide if it's worth working my way down to the Wolf Ring in Darkroot.

Noticed Democracy 3 on Steam. I love the idea of a politics sim but I strongly suspect this one sucks.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8025 on: October 17, 2013, 08:35:53 AM

Someone told me that it's possible to chuck firebombs over the wall into Capra's Closet.  Haven't tried it myself. Ohhhhh, I see.

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #8026 on: October 17, 2013, 08:41:07 AM

Pokemon X/Y has one thing going for it:  It is gloriously beautiful.  Whether it's the environments, the pokemon, the customization of your character, whatever.  It's all absolutely gorgeous.  (NPC movement is a bit jerky, but I can forgive them that one.)

The pokemon mechanics themselves are (so far) a near carbon copy of Gen V, so that part is a bit tiring.  Particularly since the changes in pokemon mechanics have been types of fights (rotating 3v3, straight up 3v3) which I never found appealing or interesting.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8027 on: October 17, 2013, 08:54:54 AM

Used to play a TON of League of Legends, then got converted and played an almost equal amount of DotA 2.  Lately I've been giving LoL another try though purely because I know like 20 people real life who play it and only 1 who plays DotA 2.  However after playing my first game of 5v5 LoL this week in probably over a year I just don't know if I can do it.  League just feels clunky and overly simplistic now and after playing a bunch of ARAM recently the community is still worse than DotA 2 is. 

So mostly I've been playing a lot of board games and miniature games instead of PC stuff at all.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #8028 on: October 19, 2013, 11:29:59 AM

Pokemon X/Y has one thing going for it:  It is gloriously beautiful.  Whether it's the environments, the pokemon, the customization of your character, whatever.  It's all absolutely gorgeous.  (NPC movement is a bit jerky, but I can forgive them that one.)

The pokemon mechanics themselves are (so far) a near carbon copy of Gen V, so that part is a bit tiring.  Particularly since the changes in pokemon mechanics have been types of fights (rotating 3v3, straight up 3v3) which I never found appealing or interesting.

I've been playing X myself a lot lately. The things I'm reading as far as post game is very encouraging to people who want to min/max their team for wifi battles. EV training of course being easier, and IV breeding having a lot of shortcuts and tricks while maintaining the breeding depth some people enjoy.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/big-news-for-breeding-in-xy.3490166/

I might be assed to get back into this; I had quit in generation 4 (Diamond and Pearl) because of how tedious building a proper team was.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8029 on: October 19, 2013, 11:37:40 AM

and miniature games
You know you can paint them!  why so serious?

I've hardly played any games. A bit of minecraft hexxit with a liberal dose of cheating because it's not really a single player mod. And /gamerule keepInventory true. Suck it, Bloodworth!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #8030 on: October 21, 2013, 07:08:52 AM

Lots of League, got a Penta on Corki (yay), kind of anxious for S4 and and also kind of sad that there is not much competitive LoL to watch for quite awhile.

So instead watching a play through of Ni No Kuni as I don't have a PS3, seems pretty interesting.  Loving the graphics and the combat seem fun.  Not a huge fan of the main character.

Trying to play DMC 3 but it may be one of the worst ports I've played.  Awful awful awful controller support, bad resolution options, screen tearing, bleh.  Seem like the actual game might be fun but it's hard to get past the controller issues.

Finished with Rogue Legacy & Papers Please, both were excellent.  Papers Please especially I was not expecting to enjoy as much as I did.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #8031 on: October 21, 2013, 08:43:13 AM

and miniature games
You know you can paint them!  why so serious?

That's half the reason I bought Zombicide.  Figure if I paint all the zombies that by the time I get done I will at least have a good grasp of the basics and be on my way to actually knowing what I'm doing.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8032 on: October 22, 2013, 07:08:18 PM

Looks like Sir, You Are Being Hunter and Gone Home are both on sale for $10, 50% off, on Steam.  Any opinions on either of them?  Both look pretty interesting
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8033 on: October 22, 2013, 08:26:33 PM

My opinions on Gone Home are known.  That reminds me, now that it's on sale I'm going to buy about 10 copies so I can give them as Christmas presents.   DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Sir You Are Being Hunted has its charms but I would call it "just okay".  I played it for a couple of hours when the early access dropped and decided it wasn't quite there yet.  Dunno if it's gotten better since then.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #8034 on: October 22, 2013, 11:11:24 PM

$10 eh. Hmm
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #8035 on: October 23, 2013, 12:15:54 AM

I thought Gone Home was fantastic (and plenty worth it at $20), but it is relatively short (2-4 hours depending how much digging around you do), and sort of storytelling through interactive investigation of a place than traditionally game-y, which some people seem to be highly offended by for some reason.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8036 on: October 23, 2013, 02:00:21 AM

I'm playing Beyond Two Souls. Waiting for naked Willem Dafoe.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8037 on: October 24, 2013, 01:01:18 PM

I grabbed a 3DSXL the other day and have been playing Etrian Odyssey 1's remake on it. It's pretty great so far, and I'm looking forward to Zelda next month.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8038 on: October 24, 2013, 01:05:40 PM

Are you playing classic or story mode in the EO remake? I bought it but haven't played it yet.

koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8039 on: October 24, 2013, 05:52:31 PM

Story mode. I haven't played an EO game before, so I figured it was the way to start. I'm not very far in yet, only on the third floor of the labyrinth.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8040 on: October 24, 2013, 09:17:00 PM

Ah; I'm very reluctant to try Story since creating my own party is one of the biggest draws of the series for me.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8041 on: October 24, 2013, 11:55:16 PM

The 3DS has a lot of meaty games, I have an increasing backlog. Almost done with EOIV (like 95%), 1/3rd of the way through Fire Emblem, haven't even played Kid Icarus even though I've owned it for a year. Also want to play SMTIV and upcoming Zelda, maybe Pokemon (never played a Pokemon game), Ace Attorney...

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #8042 on: October 25, 2013, 01:57:53 AM

I'm currently on the edge of buying a 3DS but could keep me from buying one so for. I'd rather play those titles on a big screen but the last push of great 1st party titles nearly pushed me over the edge.

Right now I'm playing Ocarina of Time on a Nintendo 64 emulator. The game itself holds up pretty well, although the graphics really do not. I get why people regard it as one of the best Zelda games in the franchise. There are lots and lots of things to do and not that much of it feels like it is filler. I loved wind waker a lot but the sailing part was clearly dsigned to make the game seem longer than it was, I don't get that feeling from OOT.

My absolute major 'tear my hair out' gripe with OOT though is the fact that text display is awfully slow and that there is no way to skip or speed up the text at all.

I'll probably cave and order the limited edition 'Zeda, a Link between worlds' 3DS due out in November. Fire Emblem, Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D and the new Zelda alone justify the purchase
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8043 on: October 25, 2013, 06:45:05 AM

I believe the sailing was a load screen.

I've been playing Demon's Souls.  Found out Reapers are easy to kill (with a bow), give a ton of souls, and drop darkmoonstone.  I am planning on a weapon upgrade for my "wizard" very soon.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8044 on: October 25, 2013, 07:33:37 AM

After a long drought with only a smattering of minecraft, it's Rocksmith time.

The new game is a major improvement over the original (which was already pretty nice). Highly recommend.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #8045 on: October 25, 2013, 09:16:43 AM

I really hope they do a keyboard or piano version of Rocksmith eventually
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8046 on: October 25, 2013, 03:21:03 PM

How did I not notice Chaos Overlords made it to GOG?

So awesome.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8047 on: October 28, 2013, 08:07:22 AM

Still playing ff14 but have only been crafting for the last few weeks.  Thinking about maybe GW2 again.  Maybe.  Just got Halo 3 free with the free with xbox gold thingy which I haven't played so there's that.  Anyone try that infinite crisis?  They're handing out some beta codes on mmorpg.com.  It's like LoL, right?  Only with Batman?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8048 on: October 28, 2013, 08:38:20 AM

I thought Infinite was a fighting game?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8049 on: October 28, 2013, 09:41:06 AM

Is it?  Oh, I don't know.  I suck at paying attention.  It would be easier to list the things I don't suck.  I like fighting games, though.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: