Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:36:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231393 times)
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7175 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:40 PM

Civ 5 has me. Please send help!

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #7176 on: April 23, 2013, 02:32:57 PM

So much Don't Starve!

This game is a kick in the balls. But I keep coming back for more. So GOOD. Every death is my own fuckup, and I know exactly what I did wrong. It's just frustrating as all hell to lose hours and hours of gameplay after one mistake.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #7177 on: April 25, 2013, 01:36:21 AM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7178 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:54 AM

What game are those from?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #7179 on: April 25, 2013, 02:37:40 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7180 on: April 25, 2013, 07:01:14 AM

I'm playing so much LEGO City Undercover.  So much!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7181 on: April 25, 2013, 03:37:06 PM

The achievement list works well with your avatar.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #7182 on: April 25, 2013, 04:29:22 PM

I have convinced myself that playing WoW in another language is educational, so I've been doing that.  It's super easy for Spanish (US servers), and pretty easy for Chinese (Taiwan servers), and if you're cheap you can get a lot of mileage out of the free play time, since it takes you about a hundred times as long to do anything if you read and take notes to figure out what the hell the quest text says.  Dunno how it works for European servers/languages, but might be worth investigating if you are into French/German/whatever else they have.

Other than that, playing some Blood Bowl against strangers in the Forum Open League (and it has been brutal).  And I have a Russia CK2 game I should wrap up before the expansion comes out on May 28th but I dunno, haven't felt the urge for that in a while.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7183 on: April 26, 2013, 01:22:04 AM

Lots of POE. Got bored of my EK witch and wanted to play an archer, so I rolled up an LA duelist after finding a cool build on the forums. He's level 29 now and a total slaughtering machine. LA + LMP + Wpn Ele Dmg obliterates packs, its crazy. He's also my luckiest toon, having found 3 uniques (including one that was an upgrade) and an Exalted in the span of an hour; these are the first 3 uniques I've ever had drop for me in ~120 total levels of play.

Still playing Lego City for 3DS; I wish there were more side missions because the story is very linear. Sure, you can wander around between missions but there isn't much to do.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7184 on: April 26, 2013, 01:35:56 AM

Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Contemplating another playthrough, either as "Kill the World" or trying for pacifist, which I totally had except for the prologue and maybe keeping Malik alive. I didn't check to see if any of the guards died there.

Speaking of, the prologue and the pacifist achievement annoy me. Killing people there counts against the achievement (which I think is a listed one, not a secret). But it's also the ONE part of the game where you have no non-lethal weapons and no-takedowns.

You  have a combat rifle and that is your sole weapon. There are only three clusters of guards, but you're still in the tutorial and the only one past them is one sneak you have to be real quick about, and two that require you to blow up gas canisters. Gas canisters that are never, ever mentioned as containing non-lethal glass, aren't marked, are not in any tutorials.....

Not really the best design there.

Other than that, decent game. Enjoyed it.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7185 on: April 26, 2013, 05:53:10 AM

Playing a Hardcore Demon Hunter in Diablo 3.  Just bought L.A. Noire on steam sale yesterday and enjoyed the first hour or two quite a bit.  Not an amazing game, but I'll easily get my 5 bucks worth. 

Have an ongoing game of Civ 5 as Carthage that I return to from time to time.  Finally, some Project Zomboid and Prison Architect alpha mixed in for good measure.

I've really turned into an unfocused gamer.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7186 on: April 28, 2013, 11:25:52 AM

Couldn't resist buying Mars: the War Logs, it had some good word of mouth. The game is a sci-fi rpg by the dev that made the Game of Thrones rpg and Of Orcs and Men. Playing it now.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #7187 on: April 28, 2013, 01:28:08 PM

Been awhile, but things haven't changed all that much:

WoW, of course. Practically no one I know plays anymore, but I still can't give it up. Just enough fun to keep me hanging around--for now.

ME3 MP. Starting to slack off on the PC version, but a lot of guys at work suddenly "discovered" the game, and dragooned me into playing on the 360. A lot.

Returned to Diablo 3 and having a good time with my demon hunter, wizard, and (somewhat surprisingly to me) a monk.

Bought a 3DS XL in a fit of boredom and presently putting a lot of time in on Infinite Space, Fire Emblem: Awakening, and Advance Wars: Days of Ruin. Love turn based stuff.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7188 on: April 28, 2013, 03:34:49 PM

Finally finished ME3. Irritated as hell with the Synthesis ending, more than I thought I'd be. No one told me how retarded the artwork was gonna be. Really, you went with glowing green eyes and random skin circuit patterns?

There's decades of sci-fi hacks writing by the damn word who came up with better shit than that. Did you run out of art budget? Was it just "I dunno, showing those whole synthesis is hard. We'll make EDI hug someone and everyone else? GLOWING EYES".

Assholes. If i play it again, control or destroy. Period. Or possibly "Fuck the world, let the Yahg handle it".
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7189 on: April 28, 2013, 04:03:25 PM

Girlfriend was all "You're bored, why not try FTL?"

I say "Eh, I've seen some of it, doesn't seem like my kind of deal."

"Try it anyway."

"Okay, FINE."

Eight hours later I had to make myself shut down FTL.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7190 on: April 28, 2013, 05:15:49 PM

So, let's see...

Try to play Bioshock again? (The furthest I got was the first big drill guy, and then real life happened and I never went back to it. I've got the new Bioshock -- was a gift -- so I plan to play both eventually).

Or Lego Batman? Or another hack at Assasin's Creed? (I left off at the second assasination, I think, but that wasn't long ago -- and I have like another Assasins' Creed game to play too. I really need to be idle rich for a few years so I can catch up).

Leaning towards Bioshock.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #7191 on: April 28, 2013, 05:41:51 PM

Been playing StarDrive.. new 4x indie title. I'm such a sucker for the space 4x genre that its pathetic. Largely enjoying myself even though the game has some massive flaws/holes, but it does do some things surprisingly well.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7192 on: April 28, 2013, 05:49:31 PM

Last 4x game I played was Gal Civ 2. Which was okay, but....I dunno. Nothing in that genre has really caught me like Master of Orion 2 or Alpha Centauri.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7193 on: April 28, 2013, 09:30:27 PM

Alpha Centauri isn't a 4X!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #7194 on: April 28, 2013, 09:44:03 PM

Explore - scout map, check.
Expand - new cities, check.
Exploits - use resources, check.
Exterminate - go to war, kill worms, check.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7195 on: April 28, 2013, 09:51:27 PM

Hmm, I don't think of Civ and Civ-alikes (like AC) as 4xes, but maybe there's something to that.

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #7196 on: April 28, 2013, 09:56:39 PM

Last 4x game I played was Gal Civ 2. Which was okay, but....I dunno. Nothing in that genre has really caught me like Master of Orion 2 or Alpha Centauri.

There are... shades of MoO 1 and 2 in StarDrive.

Dim, pale shades, but they are there. Its a bit lacking in the stat depth (where are my fucking pie charts and spreadsheets!?) and the economic/resource side of things is.. dumbed down (taxation just shaves off a percentage from science/food/production and has no other negatives), but has some redeeming aspects to it (automated freighters for importing/exporting food and production across your empire, decent AI governorship and such). Best part is being able to customize the actual components on your ships (but not their appearance) based on modules (power, weapons, shielding, armour, engines... usual assortment).

Probably the best space 4x I've played in awhile, which is somewhat sad. And the no star-lanes and the real time aspect is always annoying when its present in 4xes, but it makes the combat system work, I guess.

Mainly I was just hankering for a decent 4x game that wasn't MoO and its filling that need better than Endless Space, SoaSE, SotS or GalCiv did.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7197 on: April 29, 2013, 06:13:08 AM

I'm afraid we'll be waiting a long time.  I don't know why someone can't just remake MoO 1 and 2 with updated graphics.  They were near perfect.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7198 on: April 29, 2013, 10:24:35 AM

Playing Walking Dead and SWTOR. 

I know there's been a lot of love for Walking Dead, but so far I'm just kind of "meh" on it.   I think I'll keep playing, however, the characters are mostly well done.

-Rasix
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7199 on: April 29, 2013, 05:55:24 PM

I'm afraid we'll be waiting a long time.  I don't know why someone can't just remake MoO 1 and 2 with updated graphics.  They were near perfect.
I think they tried that with MoO3. I never played it, mostly because I heard it wasn't very good.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7200 on: April 29, 2013, 05:59:50 PM

The reason everyone says MOO3 was bad was because it wasn't like MOO1/2, so no.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #7201 on: April 29, 2013, 07:00:06 PM

It's correct that it wasn't like MOO1/2, but it also was extremely terrible all on it's own.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7202 on: April 29, 2013, 07:19:59 PM

MOO3 was designed by a MOO superfan with no experience in games of any kind. Like they found a guy who was super into MOO and just let him direct MOO3.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7203 on: April 29, 2013, 11:22:54 PM

Couldn't resist buying Mars: the War Logs, it had some good word of mouth. The game is a sci-fi rpg by the dev that made the Game of Thrones rpg and Of Orcs and Men. Playing it now.

I saw this on Steam and it looked interesting.  Is it any good?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #7204 on: April 29, 2013, 11:55:38 PM

Mars : Prison Rape

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #7205 on: April 30, 2013, 12:17:18 AM

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #7206 on: April 30, 2013, 12:25:08 AM

Stardrive looks intriguing, loading it down right now. I sure hope I can buy those Space Bears.

My retro itch is scratched anyway. Done with both Warlords and Warlords 3.

Edit: Oh, the game is realtime with pause button. Thats what I call wasted 20 Euros.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:16:49 AM by Tebonas »
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7207 on: April 30, 2013, 03:26:26 AM

I saw this on Steam and it looked interesting.  Is it any good?

I've only played it a bit over an hour, but it's definitely intriguing. It's bug free and the combat, while clunky, is clearly skill based. There's a Witcher 2-esque talent tree and you can craft stuff. The world and backstory is for me the best part, and so far the devs have had the sense to limit the game to what their small dev budget is able to support. 

Downsides are keys that cannot be reassigned (I play with a pad for that reason, works well because the game is getting released on consoles too), and horrible voice acting.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #7208 on: April 30, 2013, 03:55:15 AM

Just to make the comparison between NWO and other D&D based games more jarring, i just finished replaying Icewind Dale 1 and am starting IWD2.  I remembered IWD1 fairly well overall, but thus far don't remember anything that's happened in 2, so it's almost like playing a new game!  awesome, for real   Doesn't take long to get back into the ole min maxing of D&D that's for sure.  Most bizarre weapon I picked up in 1 was a +3 bastard sword that has a 10% chance of casting Fireball....at the target you are meleeing.  Hello friendly fire.  Bastard sword indeed....

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7209 on: April 30, 2013, 05:59:59 AM

My 'friendly' mage always used me to target the fireballs anyways.  Pretty sure that character stocked up on fire resistance ASAP.

It's correct that it wasn't like MOO1/2, but it also was extremely terrible all on it's own.
It was terrible.  Probably the worst space-based 4X I played.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: