Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:07:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231632 times)
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7070 on: April 08, 2013, 12:37:49 PM

I sure as hell don't hold it against anyone who CLUAConsoles up enough xp to get you to level 2 in BG1 off the bat.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7071 on: April 08, 2013, 07:25:03 PM

That's a pretty fair interpretation of low level D&D; almost anyone can be one shotted at level 1.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #7072 on: April 09, 2013, 02:47:58 AM

Temple of Elemental Evil was great for that.  Massive, massive slog to create a whole party ;  eaten by a frog.

Seriously, try it, it's BALLS HARD.

Finished it twice, loved it.  Buggy, but just a ton of old school hack and slash based on one of my favorite DND modules.  I loved tossing a fireball in a room full of goblins!
I wish they put out more games based on the old 1st edition.  Can you imagine the Giant series?  Talk about some fights!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #7073 on: April 09, 2013, 02:58:52 AM

Yeah BG1 is shit compared to ToEE.
There's just too many gamy moments in BG1 that made a mockery out of D&D rules.
Boots of speed broke the game.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #7074 on: April 09, 2013, 03:59:54 AM

I love BG1 to pieces, but balancewise?

ARROWS broke the game.

I'm on a ADOM-binge right now since I am in the paid beta for the new version. And yesterday I cleaned up some old cupboards, found a disc with Alter Ego on it and played it till after bedtime. I managed the ultimate slacker. Highly intelligent and personable, married to a beautiful woman, but can't hold a serious job. I think I was an assistant in a law firm until the 40s, where they fired me after I asked for a raise when my first child was born.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #7075 on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:35 AM

Divine Divinity was the best Diablo.

Interestingly they started off with Divinity as turn based, until it became obvious that no publisher would touch it. So they quickly converted it to an ARPG style. It was ok in that way but so easy to break Don't click this if you havent played the game unless you don't mind combat being ruined for yourself.
Also in the same interview the guy from  larian said that making Div 2 on consoles was what fucked it up but they couldn't sell that to a publisher without doing a console version.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:24:21 AM by Phred »
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #7076 on: April 09, 2013, 04:13:03 AM

There is an update to Borderlands 2 which I had to get, so I was playing that last night.  Basically it adds eleven levels and a third playthrough.  The best part, though, is that in the third play you are able to reset quest progress.  This means you don't have to run through the story missions only during P2 or P3, which really is one of those simple-but-awesome changes.
This is awesome to hear. I always thought it was lame that you couldn't do the non-story quests on the subsequent playthroughs. It might be time to fire up BL2 again.

That update only kicks in if you have the season's pass btw.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #7077 on: April 09, 2013, 04:20:08 AM

I tried a bit more of Path to Exile and yep, I think I'm just not cut out for the Diablo-genre games. I like their skill tree but the actual art of playing the game is repetitive and boring. The copious amount of utter shit that drops means that item system (which is neat) isn't a draw for me.

Definately pick up Divinity then as it has enough plot that you will avoid the mindless looting crap. Just ignore my spoiler upthread about how to break the game.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7078 on: April 09, 2013, 06:52:28 AM

Glad I never figured out that spoiler, or exploited it if I had (it's been a while). Interesting about the ARPG thing, and that's part of why I've changed my stance on backing video game KS. Obvious messes like Garriot's new thing notwithstanding. But 'niche' stuff like Torment, Shadowrun, Divinity? If these projects can keep costs down and put out quality games at sane budgets (you know, the way it used to be done), I feel we have a duty to try and push that paradigm forward. Do I think KS is the ultimate answer? Nope. But I do think for certain projects it's a far better alternative than signing with some shitty publisher that will dictate gameplay features based only on myopic and ill-informed monetary concerns.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7079 on: April 09, 2013, 08:42:47 AM

I've started playing a Roman overhaul mod for Mount and Blade Warband now. This game just keeps on giving. I think I'm over 200 hours for my $15 I paid.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7080 on: April 09, 2013, 09:19:47 AM

That's how I feel about minecraft. Overwhelmingly the biggest bang for buck title I've ever bought, Civ IV in the vicinity (thanks entirely to FFH2).
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7081 on: April 09, 2013, 09:22:09 AM

I've started playing a Roman overhaul mod for Mount and Blade Warband now. This game just keeps on giving. I think I'm over 200 hours for my $15 I paid.

Which mod?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7082 on: April 09, 2013, 09:54:49 AM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #7083 on: April 09, 2013, 10:05:19 AM

I have returned to FF3 for the DS for sporadic gaming as finals approaches.  Civ5 marathon this summer!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7084 on: April 09, 2013, 10:27:30 AM

Mr BW's minecraft server is the bizzle's knizzles.

Minecraftia Mo' Creatures: The Legends of Thaumaturgy in the Twilight of Prefixation!

It currently includes:

Custom NPC's 1.4.7
    BiblioCraft[v1.1.2] --- Armor stands, potion shelves ETC!
    DrZharks MoCreatures Mod v4.5.1 --- Metric F-ton of mobs and Tameable creatures, Including BREEDING!
    InfernalMobs_1.4.6 --- "Diablo Like" Prefix system, Creates mini-bosses from ANYTHING!
    NMcCoy-LegendGear-1.4.1 --- Items and Gear Inspired by the Legend of Zelda series!
    Thaumcraft3.0.3 --- Redonkulous Magic and Alchemy system!
    twilightforest-1.15.4 --- Awesome Adventure Realm!
    [1.4.6/1.4.7][Forge] Balkon's WeaponMod --- and incredible set of weapons that add NEW weapons functionality, like boomerangs and Muskets!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7085 on: April 09, 2013, 11:22:51 AM

What is the new npc/quest/items mod(s) that went in yesterday? I was working on thaumcraft a bit (as I guess was everyone, bring on the wisps) but I noticed new stuff in the recipe book and the new dudes about town.

It's possible I have the ugliest castle in the history of the game, but at least now it's finally approaching functional :)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7086 on: April 09, 2013, 01:17:10 PM

The Custom NPc's now allow ops to create NPC and customize them. We can give them jobs, behaviors, quests, equip them, adjust stats, name, assign factions, create creatures. There is even a bard that can be set to play .oog sound files. I was going to talk to you about that :) Mine and blade: commander was what was removed, as it was abandonware and clogged up my server console. Sadly. But with custom NPc's we can create encounter areas and such, NPC mercenaries you can hire by the day ETC...

I'm still adjusting spawn rates and such.

Anyone at f13 is welcome to join us, instructions are on our forums: www.bastardbattalion.enjin.com

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7087 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:56 PM

Are the new weapons craftable or just for NPCs/quest rewards? Either way, awesome addition if they work out.

If you have a converter I could shoot you a few things I've done or I could convert to ogg (did you typo?) and shoot that over. What kind of stuff do you want, might be fun to lay down a couple new things.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #7088 on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:06 PM

Giving Warframe a try.

Decent fun for a free-to-play.

Reminds me a bit of HG:L.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7089 on: April 11, 2013, 01:44:18 PM

Played some Ultima 7 last night.  Let's see if I can continue with it for more than a day or two.   I can never stick with it, it's just too old.

Hit hour 31 in Xenoblade.  Still nowhere in the game.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7090 on: April 11, 2013, 01:49:27 PM

Bioshock Infinite.  Bit narrow POV but otherwise surprisingly good.  I like good surprises.

Borderlands 2 when I get a chance.

Played Mark of the Ninja last night for some reason.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7091 on: April 11, 2013, 01:50:49 PM

Leveling a mesmer in GW2. Digging the new stuff they added (like the laurel stuff and even some of the 'living story'), though the Super Adventure Box lost its charm after the 2nd playthrough (it's still good fun with friends, though). Eyeing Last Remnant again. Must resist, hnnnng, etc.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7092 on: April 11, 2013, 03:00:14 PM

Decided I'm going to finally play the Hitman franchise. The oldest game I have is Blood Money, is it worth it to play the earlier ones or will I just burn out my eyes?
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7093 on: April 11, 2013, 03:10:43 PM

Decided I'm going to finally play the Hitman franchise. The oldest game I have is Blood Money, is it worth it to play the earlier ones or will I just burn out my eyes?

Contracts and Blood Money are worth playing, in that order, in my opinion.  Hitman: Codename 47 and Hitman 2 are both ok, but the mechanics improve considerably in Contracts in my opinion and are just way less janky.  

I haven't played Absolution, but I heard it is very different from the others in the series.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #7094 on: April 11, 2013, 03:24:09 PM

The first Hitman game hasn't aged well, and while the second isn't too bad for a while, it pretty much falls to shit most of the way through. Contracts and Blood Money are easily the best in the series. Absolution looked mediocre from the gameplay footage I've seen.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #7095 on: April 12, 2013, 12:17:11 AM

Man, you sit down for a little bit of Civ 5 and suddenly it's 2 am.  Fuck!

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7096 on: April 12, 2013, 09:06:22 AM

Contracts doesn't seem to be available on anything anymore, so I'm gonna read up on the plot and start with Blood Money.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7097 on: April 12, 2013, 09:08:08 AM

It's in the Hitman Trilogy that was recently released for PS3 and 360, along with Blood Money and Hitman 2.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #7098 on: April 12, 2013, 10:08:13 AM

Preach it brother.  I just started a game as Carthage, having a lot of fun.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #7099 on: April 12, 2013, 10:59:57 AM

JOMT syndrome is a problem. (Just one more turn)

Together we can all make a difference.....

As soon as I get steam power for my Greeks...

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7100 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:34 AM

I've been having some JOMT syndrome myself, but I was playing Warlock. Unfortunately, game is a little bit too easy.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7101 on: April 12, 2013, 11:24:34 AM

As soon as I get steam power for my Greeks...

For real or in the game? why so serious?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #7102 on: April 12, 2013, 01:35:24 PM

We're playing a lot of Minecraft again. Working our way up to prepare for a raid on the Ender Dragon.  In addition to being addictingly fun, it's also something the 6yr old grandchild can join us in, although he gets bored pretty quick when we wont let him use TNT in our world so he switches back to his private creative mode world where he builds rollercoasters and destroys them with TNT and/or lava.

Also playing some Pirate101. Kind of a fast-food version of MMORPG, but quirky fun.

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #7103 on: April 12, 2013, 05:56:22 PM

How's the original Deus Ex aged? I'm finishing up Human Revolution and never tried the original. Worth snagging for 10 bucks on Steam, or will the graphics make me want to stab myself?
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7104 on: April 12, 2013, 06:03:29 PM

ME3 DLC until Dishonored DLC.

Curious if a second Bioshock playthrough is worth it, or just to 100% the voxophones.

That's how I feel about minecraft. Overwhelmingly the biggest bang for buck title I've ever bought, Civ IV in the vicinity (thanks entirely to FFH2).

God I know right? I kinda laugh at my friends who are waffling on spending $24 on an account for their kid while that friend is holding a Venti Latte. I just point and say "A week of that for about a year of legos you're not stepping on"  awesome, for real
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: