Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:36:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231667 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6790 on: February 26, 2013, 12:57:26 AM

Got fed up with Metal Gear Rising pretty quickly; I've no patience for the shitty pacing of most action games these days though. Short battle, cut scene, walk a few steps, cut scene, etc.; the game even makes you stand still while your character talks on a bluetooth instead of running or killing while doing so. The boss fights were the only action scenes long enough to get into, and those are riddled with annoying QTEs. It's not MGR in particular (Castlevania: LOS had the same problems) but I just don't really like these sorts of games outside of the open world ones that are more hands off.

Finally got around to playing Touch My Katamari and finished it in an evening. I forgot how fun these games were!

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #6791 on: February 26, 2013, 01:43:01 AM

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Again. Damn the new free DLC -the ability to play as a Geth Prime is irresistible.

Easily the best 'multiplayer' add-on to any game ever, and fantastically supported by EA and Bioware. Have spent countless hours n it and more to come...
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #6792 on: February 26, 2013, 07:30:31 AM

Little less Planetside 2 this week.  Finally fired up Ys: The Oath in Felghana and am enjoying it quite a bit, definitely some fist through the monitor moments included in that game.

Also patched up LoL and realized how many new champs and items there are since last time I played.  I think I have the itch to play a bit again but I need to look at all these new things and revise what I would normally build.   Also loving the spectate feature, not sure why this is one game I almost love to watch as much (or more) than I like actually playing.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6793 on: February 26, 2013, 08:15:33 AM

Considering a 3DS purchase for Zelda OoT, Fire Emblem and Etrian 4.  Are those games enough to justify the $300+ spent?  Are there any other games worth buying the system for?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6794 on: February 26, 2013, 08:29:01 AM

Also patched up LoL and realized how many new champs and items there are since last time I played.  I think I have the itch to play a bit again but I need to look at all these new things and revise what I would normally build.   Also loving the spectate feature, not sure why this is one game I almost love to watch as much (or more) than I like actually playing.

Yah, season three happened.  Item builds are a lot different.  Meta is largely unchanged except for increased viability of assassins and non-APs in mid.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6795 on: February 26, 2013, 08:31:00 AM

Also, the community is still full of barely-amoeba level intelligences and more sperginess than a convention full of AIX engineers.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6796 on: February 26, 2013, 09:10:14 AM

Considering a 3DS purchase for Zelda OoT, Fire Emblem and Etrian 4.  Are those games enough to justify the $300+ spent?  Are there any other games worth buying the system for?
I'd say those are worth the $300.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6797 on: February 26, 2013, 10:56:56 AM

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Again. Damn the new free DLC -the ability to play as a Geth Prime is irresistible.

Easily the best 'multiplayer' add-on to any game ever, and fantastically supported by EA and Bioware. Have spent countless hours n it and more to come...

Yeah, this. The game is easily worth the $20 it costs now for the multiplayer alone.

Also playing Diablo 3 again, and a bit of SWTOR as always, and BLOOD BOWL.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6798 on: February 26, 2013, 08:43:35 PM

Mario 3D Land is great. Some people love Kid Icarus, some people can't get past the controls. Probably no way to know without trying. (Mine is still in shrink wrap)

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6799 on: February 27, 2013, 01:13:59 AM

For whatever reason I thought I take a look at the new Fallen Enchantress since I already bought it, and I actually got somewhat sucked into it for two days now. They really improved that abortion of a game to somewhat fun levels.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6800 on: February 27, 2013, 01:36:54 AM

Etrian Odyssey 4 all night after work. This game is fantastic! Cleared the whole first real dungeon and made it to the second overworld map; the last boss of Lush Wilderness got me once because I didn't do enough damage to interrupt his skill (and didn't guard because I was trying to interrupt) but otherwise it hasn't been that brutal. The Scorpions with their 90% chance to paralyze are pretty annoying though, as far as regular mobs go. Did anyone else get it? We can exchange guild QR codes if so; I'll post mine if I'm not the only one here playing.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6801 on: February 27, 2013, 09:59:56 AM

For whatever reason I thought I take a look at the new Fallen Enchantress since I already bought it, and I actually got somewhat sucked into it for two days now. They really improved that abortion of a game to somewhat fun levels.
I didn't dig too deep into it because I'm playing other stuff right now, but it seemed pretty decent. I do think it lost a lot of the character of FFH2 with just two human factions to choose from.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6802 on: February 27, 2013, 10:52:29 AM

I've been playing WOW with guildies preparing for 5.2 (they delayed it for another week, pff), some GW2 here and there, and the Grimoire demo thing has inspired me to replay Wizardry 8... again. Thanks, Cleve! why so serious?

Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #6803 on: February 27, 2013, 12:38:51 PM

I played EO4 a bit last night, but didn't get too far.  Just to the teleport in the first real dungeon so far.

I did have my front line wiped out once by a tree rat, so... I have that going for me.

awesome, for real
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6804 on: February 27, 2013, 03:45:57 PM

Yeah, this. The game is easily worth the $20 it costs now for the multiplayer alone.

Also playing Diablo 3 again, and a bit of SWTOR as always, and BLOOD BOWL.

I forgot the new patch was this week. TO THE BAT-ORIGIN!
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #6805 on: February 27, 2013, 11:50:02 PM

I'm considering picking up Midway Arcade Origins for a trip down memory lane, is there any way to tell if and when it might hit the PSN Store?  I'd much rather not have to load up a disk but I also don't want to sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to release on PSN.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6806 on: February 28, 2013, 01:25:07 AM

I didn't dig too deep into it because I'm playing other stuff right now, but it seemed pretty decent. I do think it lost a lot of the character of FFH2 with just two human factions to choose from.

Actually it seems to be five races now (Men, Wraiths (Undead), Trogs, (Orcs), Quendar(Lizards) Ironeers (Dwarves), though all bases on the same human-sized model and all looking like differently colored humans. Which I presume is a limitation of the engine. I'm not as deep in the Lore as I was with FFH2, but they at least tried to get somewhat diverse.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:37:02 AM by Tebonas »
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6807 on: February 28, 2013, 04:10:20 AM

Did anyone else get it? We can exchange guild QR codes if so; I'll post mine if I'm not the only one here playing.

Mine is being shipped but I probably won't get to it for some time. I have a backlog stretching back a couple years I am trying to get through...

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6808 on: February 28, 2013, 06:30:27 AM

Finally got past that damn silver knight archer on the ledge in Anor Londo.  I basically wedged myself between him and the wall and eventually he fell off.  The inside, full of silver knights and mimics, is like a summer picnic in a meadow.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6809 on: February 28, 2013, 06:38:46 AM

The two silver knights with the dragon slayer bows in Anor Londo are one of the biggest asshole moves in the game.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6810 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:14 AM

By far.  Even so, I couldn't be assed to get poison to apply to my arrows.  I just brute-forced it, rolling and blocking with Black Iron +5, Cloranthy, and Havel's Ring.  The ironic thing is that once I got inside, I learned I can two-shot the knights so I probably could have done more swinging.  Oh well.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6811 on: February 28, 2013, 10:08:33 AM

Finally got past that damn silver knight archer on the ledge in Anor Londo.  I basically wedged myself between him and the wall and eventually he fell off.  The inside, full of silver knights and mimics, is like a summer picnic in a meadow.

I two-handed the biggest shield I could - ran up riot shield style and stood there while one knight just beat on my shield and fell off the edge, then went and did the same to the other. Totally cheesy and it worked and I don't feel the least bit bad about it.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6812 on: February 28, 2013, 10:43:59 AM

Oh, no one should feel bad about anything they do in Dark Souls. awesome, for real

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6813 on: March 01, 2013, 10:26:17 AM

Tropico 4. I love the music in that game while I manage my bananas.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6814 on: March 01, 2013, 12:40:43 PM

Started Xenoblade.  The quest system is this is fucking evil.  I'm physically unable to skip side quests this early in a game.

-Rasix
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6815 on: March 02, 2013, 09:18:22 PM

Was thinking of buying a 3DS with recent bday money.  Stopped into Target tonight for the weekly trip and they had a copy of Fire Emblem, the only one I've seen.  So I bought it and a 3DSxl.  Then I went across the street to Gamestop to see if they had EO4, and the only copy they had was someone's preorder copy they never picked up.  So I snagged that too, with the preorder bonuses.

Got pretty lucky.
goishen
Terracotta Army

Reply #6816 on: March 03, 2013, 11:44:07 AM

ME3 multiplayer, THPS:HD (I know, I know), SR3, might fire up Sleeping Dogs every once in a great while.

I do play other games, but none are as fun as EDI running up and just slicing it to pieces.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6817 on: March 03, 2013, 03:39:23 PM

I tried some Star Conflict today. I'm digging it. FTP, with mirco, space ships zooming around. Pew pew.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6818 on: March 03, 2013, 03:47:13 PM

ME3 multiplayer, THPS:HD (I know, I know), SR3, might fire up Sleeping Dogs every once in a great while.

I do play other games, but none are as fun as EDI running up and just slicing it to pieces.
I unlocked the Geth Juggernaut. It's...I feel bad about how I rip through foes. I'm not that good. The Geth Juggernaut is just an unstoppable machine of death.

Actually using my gun seems like a bit of a waste compared to heavy melee. Admittedly, it's not like I can run someoen down...
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6819 on: March 03, 2013, 07:39:03 PM

if ur not good at shooting, just use the Particle Rifle.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6820 on: March 03, 2013, 08:57:23 PM

if ur not good at shooting, just use the Particle Rifle.
The sniper one? I'm pretty happy with the Mantis. (I have the Mantis X). I just unlocked the Widow, but it's so freaking heavy.....I might drop the assault rifle and do that.

OTOH, I might give it to my Geth Infiltrator. Hunter Mode + at least one of the "shoot through crap" mods + Tactical Cloak = fun. :)

I did figure out what it took to kill a Juggernaut. At least a dozen guys shooting at you from way the heck away (thus preventing me from sucking out their lifeblood and using it to regen my shields) or like two brutes and a banshee, or like two or three of those dual-whip carrying Cerberus guys. It's not like I can run away.

My drone is all kinds of awesome.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6821 on: March 03, 2013, 10:12:26 PM

no no, the laser gun that just fires continuously ...
i love that shit. just ZZzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6822 on: March 03, 2013, 10:23:56 PM

I tried some Star Conflict today. I'm digging it. FTP, with mirco, space ships zooming around. Pew pew.

This is a lobby style thing though right?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6823 on: March 04, 2013, 01:52:29 AM

Have you reached tier 2 yet? Totalbiscuit said in his video that the gameplay changes a lot at that point.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6824 on: March 04, 2013, 02:28:06 AM

I was looking for a new PC game for the kid to play around with for a while, preferably one that I already own or was otherwise FTP.  Asked him if he thought he might to try a game where he could be a superhero, and he was on board with that.  Downloaded Champs Online first, knowing from my own experience that it...left something to be desired.  The kid, just turned 8 years old, piddles around with it for about 10 minutes and confirms to me in no uncertain terms that the game is absolute ass.  Fuck, what a miserable game, and the graphics are just like getting stabbed in the nostril by a pack of baboon cocks.  Everything about it is an unmitigated fuckup.  Not even 10 minutes of fun for the low low price of absoluely nothing.  Would be more enjoyable to just turn the machine off and stare at a powered-down monitor.  So, I download DCUO, knowing from my own experience with both games that this one has a far better chance of gaining approval.  And it does.  He played the shit out of it.  He also seems to have alt-itis. 

No point to this post other than to re-re-re-confirm to everyone that Champs O is still a horrible piece of shit, and even small children hold this opinion.  And DCUO is still fun.  Both free.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: