Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:24:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231657 times)
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #6615 on: January 21, 2013, 08:06:39 PM

Playing around with Sacred2 gold (the EU version with the expansion, now on steam) It's much more fun than at launch. Still crasherific, but good for a bit of arpg fun.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6616 on: January 21, 2013, 10:22:19 PM

Following a momentary lapse of sanity, I found myself as a tester of a translation project for "Generation XTH", a japanese dungeon crawler series for the PC. The game's actually pretty fun, feels like a cyberpunk take on oldschool Wizardry / Bard's Tale games* with some modern gameplay elements (crafting/upgrading, team skills, etc) and thankfully there's a functional automap unlike SOME GAMES I could name. Also, apparently you can transfer your characters between the games just like Wizardry 1-3 or Bard's Tale 1-3. Oh boy.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Some screenshots here if anyone's interested, demo should be out within a week I think.

* apparently such games are HUGE over there, with their own sub-genre and everything

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6617 on: January 22, 2013, 01:34:56 AM

Following a momentary lapse of sanity, I found myself as a tester of a translation project for "Generation XTH", a japanese dungeon crawler series for the PC. The game's actually pretty fun, feels like a cyberpunk take on oldschool Wizardry / Bard's Tale games* with some modern gameplay elements (crafting/upgrading, team skills, etc) and thankfully there's a functional automap unlike SOME GAMES I could name. Also, apparently you can transfer your characters between the games just like Wizardry 1-3 or Bard's Tale 1-3. Oh boy.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Some screenshots here if anyone's interested, demo should be out within a week I think.

* apparently such games are HUGE over there, with their own sub-genre and everything
Seems interesting if the story is any good.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6618 on: January 22, 2013, 04:48:56 AM

The UI and art direction for that game gives me a big Infinite Space vibe.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6619 on: January 22, 2013, 08:02:50 AM

Currently:
Sleeping Dogs - Probably getting towards the end which is kinda sad; this game is not very long. Still fun though. People complained about the shooting but it's alright- not very deep since you just jump over a table, hit slomo, and headshot your way to glory but if you bother mixing martial arts into it when you can it's fun.

New Vegas - Doing Mr. House's errands on a new character; I want to do a Mr. House ending this time since I did NCR before but man does a particular order from him make that hard. Supposedly there were cut conversations letting you talk him out of it too.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6620 on: January 22, 2013, 08:25:31 AM

I'm almost pure kung fu in Sleeping Dogs. The fiancee has gotten sucked into the story and likes it, but the story segment I just did with a long gunfight was kind of meh...reminds me of so many game sequences like that...so I worked on kung fu-ing as many guys as possible (pretty much everyone not across the gallery from me). That was pretty cool.

Still hate the motorcycles, though. I'm the George of the Jungle of motorcycles.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6621 on: January 22, 2013, 08:46:52 AM

Motorcycles are horrific. Ironically the smartcar knockoff is the funnest car to drive outside of the most topend racers since it handles really well. Of course, it doesn't work great for the highway chases so the game helpfully provides you a car capable of doing those.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6622 on: January 22, 2013, 08:59:03 AM

Do want.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6623 on: January 22, 2013, 09:22:39 AM

Planetside 2, lots and lots of planetside 2.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6624 on: January 22, 2013, 09:55:28 AM

DotA 2, Planetside 2, Race for the Galaxy (Board game)

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #6625 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:53 AM

Don't starve, NS2, anno, MWO. I've got skyim and sleepy dogs on the back burner, and mark of the ninja + hotline miami to finish.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6626 on: January 22, 2013, 11:19:22 AM

Finished SR3, not sure what I should queue up next in the 10 games. I'm at 6/10 now. I might try Assassin's Creed 2 but fuck do I hate the meta-plot (and Desmond, and playing Desmond) in AC.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6627 on: January 22, 2013, 01:44:55 PM

I resubbed to Vanguard: Saga of Heroes swamp poop and have played through their newbie island a couple of times.  Actually pretty enjoyable forming a group and fighting into a dungeon to kill a boss.  Funny to look back at some of the gameplay complexity that's been stripped from the genre - careful pulls, roaming mobs, puzzles, having to actually navigate in a dungeon.   

Won't last though. I'm being way to sentimental about old-schoold MMOs. Testicle pounding grind, corpse runs, and a vacant world await! 
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6628 on: January 22, 2013, 02:23:38 PM

I burned through Little Inferno last night, having received it for Christmas.  Weird little game.  Oddly hypnotic.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6629 on: January 22, 2013, 02:35:59 PM

Is there a game in Little Inferno? The description made it seem it was only a little sandbox.

Vaguard: generally everything is better today for MMOs except the feeling of "going were angels fear to tread" is gone.  As far as I know that has never been replicated. I guess it can't because all virtual dick punching has been removed, but it'd been interesting if it could be.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:54:56 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #6630 on: January 22, 2013, 02:43:40 PM

Is there a game in Little Inferno? The description made it seem it was only a little a sandbox.

Kind of?  I'd say "toy" is a better description than "sandbox".  It has a story, and some small puzzles that give you achievements if you solve them, so it's game-like in that respect.  But the core of it is like a Facebook game where you click a thing so you can get money so you can buy a new thing to click.  The draw is that it's got cute hand-drawn-looking graphics, and instead of "click a thing" it's "set fire to a thing and watch it burn", and the fire effects are pretty (also some things explode and/or scream when burned).

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6631 on: January 23, 2013, 12:21:02 AM

dragon age 2

God Save the Horn Players
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6632 on: January 23, 2013, 06:16:54 AM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6633 on: January 23, 2013, 08:45:05 AM

I haven't played anything per se, but I'm utterly addicted to Giant Bomb's Persona 4 endurance run. It's over 100 hours and I'm only a third through it all!

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6634 on: January 23, 2013, 10:52:58 AM

I started playing Assassins Creed and Tropico 4. Also, I'm playing a long form game of Rome Total War again because I want Rome 2 to release already.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #6635 on: January 23, 2013, 11:18:47 AM

Going to be spending a completely inappropriate amount of time playing Path of Exile, assuming the servers don't melt.

Open beta starts in two hours and the client is available for download, by the way. It's free for all and there are no more wipes incoming. There are no more excuses. If you have any interest in the ARPG genre at all and this is not making its way onto your hard drive, you are officially a bad person.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6636 on: January 23, 2013, 11:45:35 AM

But is it fun?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6637 on: January 23, 2013, 12:15:16 PM

But is it fun?

It is.

At least, the beta build I played a couple months back was damn fun.
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #6638 on: January 23, 2013, 04:36:17 PM

But is it fun?

It is much less fun than Diablo 3 or Torchlight to play, but it's way more fun to talk about.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6639 on: January 23, 2013, 04:46:24 PM

Does it still look like a game from 2003?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #6640 on: January 23, 2013, 10:23:00 PM

I think it looks pretty good personally.  Yeah, it does looks like a game from 2007, but that's really not all that bad.  They at least do a good job with the environments.  The character models and animations are a weaker point.

For myself it's eventually much more fun to play than either D3 or TL2, but you have to get through the initial levels which are certainly much slower.  The fun curve is exponential in this one, compared to the linear or logarithmic curves of D3 or TL2.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #6641 on: January 24, 2013, 06:34:34 AM

Ashamed to say that in the last 3 weeks I have not touched another game except Fifa 13. I'm on a holy quest to win a Div 1 championship online with my Ultimate team. I suck. Closest I came was 1 win away and then I got, in what is now referred to in my house 'as the game that wont be named', Neymared. #!$!#.

Also never link your credit card to your Origin account. Never.  It's like my MTG addiction all over again but with little balls..:P~ Oh and having a web app and a ios app , evil!

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6642 on: January 24, 2013, 08:41:30 AM

Sucked into Blocks again, spent time on a new world since the old one didn't have a stronghold or a nether fortress.  Already dug into the stronghold and ... silverfish suck dick.

Otherwise I've been trying to play Dishonored.  I'm all into the atmosphere.  Wish I could make time to finish Arx Fatalis.

Played some Crimson Shroud over the weekend.  It's not bad.

Last night I fired up Dark Souls again (which got me out of playing Blocks) and spent an hour or so figuring out where I left off, then three hours of dicking around.  Spent some time practicing parries on those assholes in Darkroot.  Wasn't in a hurry to go back to Sen's so I engaged the Moonlight Butterfly, which went well thanks to a couple chaos fireballs.  Investigated my armor options and settled on the Stone and Gold Hemmed sets for now.  Considering farming the stone knights to get a shield, not that the Baldur shield is bad.  Used Gold Hemmed and Flash Sweat to run underneath Hellkite and open the gate.  That went well enough that I will see about trying to kill him sooner rather than later.  Will see about making some elemental weapons before I go back to Sen's.  Need Twinkling Titanite.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6643 on: January 25, 2013, 05:23:39 AM

Decided to download Path of Exile.  Why is this such a slow program?  Was it made by the WiiU developers?

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #6644 on: January 25, 2013, 07:57:36 AM

The download speed is ridiculous, due to the absolute hammering they are getting at the moment. Oddly enough in game the speed is fine.

Personally finding it a much more interesting game than D3 or torchlight 2. Quite surprised by that, but also filled with despair at how bad blizzard have gotten in comparison.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #6645 on: January 25, 2013, 08:44:01 AM

Civilization V -- finally, the game is such a state that I am motivated enough to proceed past the first 10-20 turns. Some things I still find incredibly irksome (like city states), but with the G&K expansion plus patches, there's actually a enjoyable playable game underneath after all.

Football Manager 2013 -- enticed by one of the big Steam sale deals, have not dented much as of yet other than to fiddle with the UX panels and created a league/realm for further play.

Europa Universalis III -- yes, for nostalgia sakes, fired this up again

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6646 on: January 25, 2013, 08:54:02 AM

Football Manager 2013 has absolutely OWNED me the last few weeks. I still get in a game of LOL and Mechwarrior but I have been ignoring Crusader Kings II in favor of FM13. It's just fantastic.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6647 on: January 25, 2013, 09:15:47 AM

Personally finding it a much more interesting game than D3 or torchlight 2. Quite surprised by that, but also filled with despair at how bad blizzard have gotten in comparison.

Yes.  This game is on the right track.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6648 on: January 25, 2013, 10:36:42 AM

Now:
Sleeping Dogs - Bit closer to the end. I really don't dislike the shooty bits. Not as fun as beating the shit out of people but still. I may get the martial arts tournament DLC if it isn't retarded.
Path of Exile - Working on making a really boring as shit sword-n-board tank build to pile up an interesting stash and see if I like the later acts.
Battlefield 3 - Playing it again, sadly discovering the game has largely died even despite the release of a pretty good new DLC pack and it being better than all the COD titles.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #6649 on: January 25, 2013, 08:16:41 PM

Yes.  This game is on the right track.

For real.

The skill gem system is everything I wanted D3's rune system to be.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: