Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:41:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231397 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6475 on: January 09, 2013, 02:57:27 AM

I also like, "Hey that's a pretty fancy purple you found there peon. Nice and shiny. Man, you are lucky. NOW PAY US SO YOU CAN WEAR IT! YOU CANNOT HAVE NICE THINGS EVEN THOUGH YOU HOLD NICE THINGS."

Yeah, I mentioned that one, but it's even better because YOU HAVE NO INVENTORY.  So SELL IT.  SELL IT NOW POOR PERSON.

lol.

I'm going to stop now.  Honest. 

(Sounds like you need a Trippy, Mr Advocate.)

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6476 on: January 09, 2013, 06:16:21 AM

Why stop?  This is the most fun I've had with SWTOR since Min and I got bored of it and couldn't take any more.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6477 on: January 09, 2013, 08:24:06 AM

Have they allowed you to turn hats off without paying? That was always one where I was like...

Of course if they did that with shoulders in WoW, they'd probably make millions.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #6478 on: January 09, 2013, 08:37:34 AM

Being able to afford $15, I sadly did not have many issues other than dealing with the really touchy camera turning speed.   Instead of prompting me for money, they even gave me free shit.  Sadly, slut dancer pants look a bit dumb on Kira.

We do have a thread specifically for bitching about the FTP.  It's in the graveyard. Easy to find, most MMOs are in there.

LoL and Skyrim.  LoL is against hitting critical mass with the assholes.   Luckily in Skyrim the only assholes are those damn draugur that disarm you.  Nothing like a spell that makes you go play "Where's Waldo" for you sword and removes your keybind at the same time.  I hope their next game comes up with a more elegant inventory system, but they'll probably just put in even more shit (or a new graphics engine and less shit).

Beat Bastion on my iphone.  Decent enough game.  The last weapon is a bit of a pita to use with touch controls.

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6479 on: January 09, 2013, 09:02:16 AM

I murdered the orphanage owner in Skyrim and then adopted the orphans. I'm a hero.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6480 on: January 09, 2013, 09:07:25 AM

Witcher 2, I consider it better than skyrim, and I loved skyrim. This engine is also fucking nuts. Not for the faint of heart though.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:14:08 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6481 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:27 AM

Guild Wars 2. Lantyssa is right, it's explorer crack.
Rasix

Reply #6482 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:44 AM

Witcher 2, I consider it better than skyrim, and I loved skyrim. This engine is also fucking nuts. Not for the faint of heart though.

Game. Set. Match.  You are broken.

Although, too be fair, part of my disdain for the game comes from my intense disappointment in it and not solely on it's merits as a clunky piece of garbage.

Only way I ever go back and play/beat it is if they announce Witcher 3.  Then I am compelled.  Can't skip a book in the middle of a series.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:22:43 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6483 on: January 09, 2013, 09:50:13 AM

Word.

The story / dialogue in Witcher 2 combined with QTEs and crappy combat mechanics (compared to 1) made me quit near the start of chapter 2. I find the dialogue bad because obviously a lot of effort went into it, but it still comes off as WAY too forced, awkward, and the 'trying too hard' aura pervades everything. Maybe it's better after chapter 2, but eh.

(e: yeah I know that it was made by non-native speakers - I'm not a native speaker myself, but shit like this still annoys me. Put down that thesaurus and nobody gets hurt!)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:01:11 AM by Zetor »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6484 on: January 09, 2013, 10:15:04 AM

Game. Set. Match.  You are broken.

No sir. I believe the opposite is true. Perhaps you played an earlier version, I just picked this up a few days ago. I find the characters more compelling, more memorable then skyrim. I find the graphics more stunning. I find the questing more compelling, and reasonable than the nearly MMO like saturation of pointless quests skyrim tosses at you. I really enjoy that a single town can be the backdrop for some awesome, more personal stories compared to 30 towns in skyrim to create the same coherence. The combat however, ill give you, its a bit clunky at parts, but its not that horrible. However, that aside, the system and game gives challenge where skyrim did not. Consequence where skyrim does not, in areas of questing, combat and outcomes in toon advancement. Skyrim is a Disney park ride compared to this. I appreciate that. As for the dialog, I find this way more practical than the dialog in skyrim.

I also really enjoy that at times, this plays as more of a detective/gumshoe character then not. Rather then a "barbarian who is the chosen one", again.

But I also enjoyed skyrim.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:17:03 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6485 on: January 09, 2013, 10:21:43 AM

No lollygaggin'.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6486 on: January 09, 2013, 12:21:49 PM

Ugh, just ugh.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6487 on: January 09, 2013, 12:27:09 PM

Bloodworth's trolling again.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6488 on: January 09, 2013, 12:54:50 PM

Nah, some just need to get over themselves.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #6489 on: January 09, 2013, 01:01:57 PM

Was your new year's resolution to be more of a dick?

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6490 on: January 09, 2013, 01:03:05 PM

I actually hated Witcher 2's combat more than the originals which I thought couldn't be possible  ACK!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6491 on: January 09, 2013, 01:04:21 PM

I'm being a dick? Hah.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6492 on: January 09, 2013, 01:07:58 PM

I'm being a dick? Hah.

No, that was my resolution.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rasix

Reply #6493 on: January 09, 2013, 01:15:52 PM

This has ceased to be productive.

-Rasix
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6494 on: January 09, 2013, 01:53:09 PM

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6495 on: January 09, 2013, 05:13:29 PM

Playing SR3 mainly, with some TOR on the side.

Still doing the LH RB3 thing as well.  Have gotten ranked on 2 songs, so that's great validation.   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6496 on: January 09, 2013, 06:05:35 PM

Good call, whoreson.
Nothing like a Potato brand of blood and nudity criss-crossed with fantasy politics.
I think it's due for a replay for me. :)

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6497 on: January 09, 2013, 10:32:19 PM

Flu's knocked me on my ass so I'm playing some swtor. With all the presence bonuses from the legacy Qyzen can pretty much solo any quest encounter. So I can nod off or have a coughing fit and not worry about it.

Witcher 2 did have better characters and story than skyrim, but the controls were just so rage inducingly clunky.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6498 on: January 10, 2013, 12:25:48 AM

I'm currently playing... WOW-MOP with my guildies (who've decided to check it out now). Not sure how long we'll stick around this time, I'm going to bet <2 months. Also playing through the games from the Steam sale and previous indie sales (finished Puzzle Agent, Puzzle Bots, Batman: AA; playing through Batman: AC now), and eyeing XCOM for a classic playthrough with some of those nifty new options after I'm done with those.

re Witcher2/Skyrim: I could concede W2 having a better story -- and to be fair, having a better story than Skyrim isn't that hard. It's just that the Witcher 2 dialogues are... yeah.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #6499 on: January 10, 2013, 03:01:54 AM

ArmA II, Just Cause 2 and DX: Human Revolution.

Regarding Arma II (I got all the expansions), I think that, after countless tries and miserable failures/frustration, I managed to become somewhat decent at it. I'm currently playing the first SP campaign (Harvest Red) and having tons of fun. I'm also playing a bit of DayZ and another interesting sandbox mod, "Wasteland": three factions (Blufor, Opfor and Indipendent) PvP while you are scavenging for goods and crafting defense buildings and other stuff. There are also random AI events popping up. Give it a try :)  (when you are in the multiplayer menu, just put "Wasteland" in the "host" or "mission" section.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #6500 on: January 10, 2013, 03:33:31 AM

Solar 2. Bought it the other day when it was 75% off. I think I was drunk and thought it was a Privateer-esque game. I was initially disappointed but now I can't stop thinking about playing this damn thing. It's hooked me good. So much so I was fucking dreaming about it last night. Had to run away as fast as I could because fucking black holes where chasing me. I only dream about games I like and I think I love this one.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6501 on: January 10, 2013, 08:04:17 AM

I know I'm late to the party - but Dark Souls is REALLY fucking good. Thank God for the community fix though - I don't think I have ever played a game that was so completely saved by someone. The controls take some getting used to - but I've actually been pretty successful with a M+KB setup once I got a fix for THAT too.

Just went through Blighttown - that place is depressing as Hell. Still need to take out the Boss, but at least I got myself down to the bottom.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6502 on: January 10, 2013, 09:35:10 AM

Oh, how I fondly remember the halcyon days of Blighttown. Ohhhhh, I see.

Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #6503 on: January 10, 2013, 10:13:44 AM

Playing a mixture of SoaSE 2 and yet another game of EU: 3 (good thing its not linked to my Steam account.. it'd probably show something disgusting like 8-900 hours played). Dabbling with another play-through of Recettear and some horrible, horrible attempts at playing Dark Souls --  I, apparently, cannot use a controller worth a damn. It feels so.. clunky in my hands and all those buttons. Makes me feel damn old (last controller I used was early SNES days where it had a pad, four buttons and a start/select and maybe right/left triggers?). The game looks good enough that I want to keep playing, but god damn does the control scheme make me want to kill people; I loathe having to control movement and the camera.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #6504 on: January 10, 2013, 11:12:06 AM

I know I'm late to the party - but Dark Souls is REALLY fucking good. Thank God for the community fix though - I don't think I have ever played a game that was so completely saved by someone.

Wait, what is this communiy fix?

- Viin
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6505 on: January 10, 2013, 11:39:09 AM

Probably one or two of the graphical fixes for PC.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6506 on: January 10, 2013, 12:50:42 PM

I know I'm late to the party - but Dark Souls is REALLY fucking good. Thank God for the community fix though - I don't think I have ever played a game that was so completely saved by someone.

Wait, what is this communiy fix?

I grabbed Dark Souls and am now not sure why...

It sorta looks like I need a controller? No mouse support, or am I missing something obvious?

For the PC, my understanding is you want DSFix and DSMFix

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=dsfix

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~petska/

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6507 on: January 10, 2013, 01:10:21 PM

So, using a mouse?  How's that working out?  I die a lot with a controller.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6508 on: January 10, 2013, 04:11:12 PM

It took awhile to get used to it, but now I'm doing pretty good with it. The DSMFix made all the difference. It smoothed out the camera and can map whatever I want to the buttons using the GUI that it provides. There really hasn't been any time where I was like "I wish I had a controller" once I added the mousefix and configured the buttons the way I wanted them.

Also: I die a lot.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6509 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:54 PM

methinks the game shd come with a warning or something like Prepare to Die A lot Edition.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: