Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:54:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254956 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6055 on: September 24, 2012, 10:11:09 AM

Borderlands 2 - i keep double tapping keys to try and dodge....

Yah, I keep doing this.  So instead of dodging, I just seem to die a lot.

I think I have finally shaken my habit of this - too many deaths due to my GW2 dodge not working in BL2.

Got into a little bit of TL2 over the weekend and it's SO GOOD.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6056 on: September 25, 2012, 01:45:42 AM

Back to playing an ancient mud - they added a new class!

Played World of Tanks  a bit while stayin with friends in Cairo - will have to give it a shot when I get home and somehow download it.

Occasionally poking through Shogun2 with a friend of mine.

Ordered NHL13 to try to get my hockey fix.

And still have a billion playthroughs in-progress across several games.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6057 on: September 25, 2012, 01:47:20 AM

Mists of Pandaria, grinding my DK to 90. Hopefully I'll still make time to finish BL2, but WoW's a hell of a drug.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #6058 on: September 25, 2012, 08:40:12 AM

Mists of Pandaria, grinding my DK to 90. Hopefully I'll still make time to finish BL2, but WoW's a hell of a drug.

Grind in a new expansion?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6059 on: September 25, 2012, 12:18:58 PM

Well not in a sense of "sitting in one place killing mobs", more "focused heavily on gaining xp as fast as possible".

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6060 on: September 26, 2012, 02:58:15 PM

The Supernatural expansion for the Sims 3 is pretty fun, if anyone cares. I like it a lot better than the last one.

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6061 on: September 26, 2012, 05:34:02 PM

GW2, FTL (awesome), Borderlands 2.. shit, there are way too many good games out right now.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6062 on: September 26, 2012, 06:04:51 PM

Still working on ME3.  Holy weapon upgrade madness, Batman.

Also, approximately 2 months to the day since I switched to LH guitar on RB, I finally 5-starred "Fear of the Dark" on hard.   awesome, for real Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS awesome, for real

Now on to "Reptilla" on expert...   ACK!

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6063 on: September 26, 2012, 06:45:16 PM

That's probably my favorite showoff one to do on Expert vocals.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6064 on: September 27, 2012, 08:24:13 AM

Yeah, "Reptilla" is ACK! on vocals too.

Hmmm, that reminds me, still need a lot of drum and vocal points towards completionist...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #6065 on: September 27, 2012, 11:18:36 PM

Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2. More of the first, but the second one is slowly gaining due to the (oddly enough) supremely enjoyable writing.

Still FTL if I only have a few minutes to burn (its perfect for that).
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6066 on: September 27, 2012, 11:26:35 PM

WoW: Pandaria and Dead or Alive 5. Still need to finish BL2 at some point too.

Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #6067 on: October 04, 2012, 05:42:37 PM

Someone released a System Shock 2 patch that makes it pretty painless to get working on Windows 7 and supports modern, widescreen resolutions.  A mod and a texture pack later and it works like a charm.  Been years since I played this so I'm looking forward to revisiting one of my all-time favourites.

Still chipping away at GW2 as well.  Seems like there are lots of good games from the past couple of months ready to go once I can get the time.  TL2 and BL2 now, and X-Com next week.  Hell, even Dungeon Crawl put out a big update the other day.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6068 on: October 04, 2012, 11:17:19 PM

Splitting my time between GW2 and MOP. I have no idea what I'm going to do come Oct 12 and XCOM... but having to split time between those 3 games is probably one of the better dilemmas to be in  awesome, for real

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6069 on: October 04, 2012, 11:26:37 PM

Pandaria while alone, working on my dailies and grinding Heroics.

Dead or Alive 5 when I've got friends over. It's got a surprisingly in-depth story mode, complete with pretty cut-scenes and all. My biggest complaint is that Tag mode isn't heavily supported online; you can only do it by creating or joining a lobby for it, there aren't quick/ranked match options for Tag, only Solo.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6070 on: October 05, 2012, 06:49:15 AM

Someone released a System Shock 2 patch that makes it pretty painless to get working on Windows 7 and supports modern, widescreen resolutions.  A mod and a texture pack later and it works like a charm.  Been years since I played this so I'm looking forward to revisiting one of my all-time favourites.

I'm looking for that painless System Shock installation.  SS2 was neat and all, but it wasn't as great as the original.

Lately I'm playing Borderlands 2 and Guild Wars 2.  Sometimes more Fez.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #6071 on: October 05, 2012, 12:25:02 PM

I'm currently deployed and have a pretty decent laptop with me, but a completely garbage and rather dodgy internet connection. Anyone have any recommendations that would be easily acquired with a download speed of like 12kb/sec?

When I have time, I'm playing a couple roguelikes. Mainly Crawl and another more open ended one called Cataclysm.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6072 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:23 PM

Where are you deployed? Your best bet is probably some sort of cellular tethering like a MiFi or a cell phone and OS that allows tethering. Latency will be an issue but bandwidth should be okay, especially if you are somewhere that has 3G+ (e.g. HSDPA) or 4G.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #6073 on: October 05, 2012, 01:01:18 PM

That would be awesome if that were an option, unfortunately it ain't. I was thinking maybe some old school titles that aren't massive in size? Or maybe some indie titles?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6074 on: October 05, 2012, 03:10:32 PM

Oops I misread your question.

Can you purchase from gog.com? They helpfully list download sizes for their games, unlike Steam. E.g.:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/king_of_dragon_pass
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6075 on: October 08, 2012, 10:36:31 AM

Picked up Pokemon White 2 and enjoying it so far. I wish they'd added more new pokemon (or at least not the exact 3 starters from B/W 1) but otherwise it's cool. This year's "silly noncombat gimmick no one gives a fuck about" is making movies, which you have to do at least once to advance the story. At least you can trade freely between B/W 1 pretty early on (after getting your first badge) so I have a couple decent pokemon from the get-go.

Still futzing around in MoP; my guild fell apart so I'm torn with trying to rebuild it or just running LFR and being satisfied.

MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6076 on: October 11, 2012, 09:58:58 PM

Aside from Borderlands 2, I picked up Tokyo Jungle on PSN, which may be about the strangest roguelike I've ever played.  My last play session was pretty typical, highlighted by my killer Pomeranian laying waste to about 2 dozen cats (and countless rabbits and chickens to stay fed) while claiming their territory.  Later on, I got beat up by (but escaped from) a crocodile and ultimately murdered by beagles while looking for something to kill/eat to recuperate from that fight.

If you have $15 to blow and like really strange games, this is right up your alley.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 10:00:31 PM by MisterNoisy »

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6077 on: October 12, 2012, 06:47:35 AM

Argghh so many games, what a great problem to have.

Completed at least once, really want to get back to:
-Torchlight 2

Playing:
-Borderlands 2 (side quests still suck and are generally lame)
-Dishonored (GOTY material so far IMO)

Need to get back to:
-LA Noire

In queue STILL:
-Binary Domain
-Max Payne 3

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6078 on: October 12, 2012, 06:25:47 PM

-Borderlands 2 (side quests still suck and are generally lame)

I enjoy them, but the completionist in me is like "YEAAAA"... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #6079 on: October 12, 2012, 07:27:34 PM

Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2 sometimes, Pokemon Black 2.  Have xcom sitting in a box for sometime later.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6080 on: October 12, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

-Dishonored (GOTY material so far IMO)
Oh, that came out? I picked a bad year to start painting minis! :)

That's on my short list with X-Com for when I have loose change again. Glad to hear it's good.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6081 on: October 12, 2012, 08:43:42 PM

Played Borderlands for a month with friends before BL2 came out.  Hit 50 in the sequal and burned out fast on the replay.  Waiting on the expansion s due soon.  For now it is XCOM and a bit of Skyrim when I need to cut someone (after failures).  XCOM is a fantastic game that I excel at being terrible at!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6082 on: October 13, 2012, 12:02:57 AM

X-Com interspersped with some League of Legends. I'm afraid everything else is going on the backburner.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6083 on: October 13, 2012, 10:27:51 AM

Grabbed Code of Princess for my 3DS, which is a hilariously Japanese beat-em-up/RPG.

Also started up a Mecro in BL2 for a steady duo with my friend's Siren. This is the first time I've done any real multiplayer so far and it's much better this way. I just wish there was a loot rolling system.

Still futzing around in MoP with my dailies and such, although now that I don't have a raiding guild I'm not sure how much longer I'll last (and I can't be arsed to join a new one/recruit people again due to my wonky schedule).

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6084 on: October 13, 2012, 03:45:31 PM

Getting destroyed in a Return to Ravinca sealed queue.  why so serious?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6085 on: October 14, 2012, 07:14:08 PM

Completed:
-Torchlight 2 (want to get back to it but it can wait)
-Borderlands 2 (did some half-hearted Warrior farming, honestly not all that interested in second playthrough)

Playing:
-Dishonored (Still pretty fuckin ownage outside of some small personal peeves with it, not sure how far in I am...)

Need to get back to:
-LA Noire (worth playing if you'd like a more modern turn on the adventure genre and have the box to play it)

In the Queue:
-Max Payne 3
-Binary Domain
-Mists of Pandaria (I imagine I'll get into it, then discover that everyone in LFG will hate me because I don't know the dungeons by heart since it'll likely be well into next month before I hit cap. Then I'll find out that both my goon guild and my old friend guild have their raid groups set and I get to experience "No Homers Club" again)

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #6086 on: October 15, 2012, 03:15:01 AM

Still playing Borderlands 2, and next up I have to decide between Dishonored and Of Orcs and Men. Harder than you'd think!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6087 on: October 15, 2012, 07:05:11 AM

GW2. I'm level 43!
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6088 on: October 15, 2012, 05:35:59 PM

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #6089 on: October 15, 2012, 05:49:00 PM

Just ran through To The Moon, phew.  One of those games I'm glad I played, and now will never, ever touch again.  Enough touchy feely stuff, I need to chainsaw an orc or something.

Grabbed Retro City Rampage, which is neat so far.  The 80s references are dense in here, it's like it rocketed past the point of parody and just built an entire game out of obscure video game trivia.  It's definitely a fun game, though, and seems really solid so far, but I'm only a few minutes in.

Also got a copy of Hell Yeah, which is Sega's new 2D platformer thing.  It's... weird.  The kind of game where you dress your character (an undead rabbit) up in a George Washington wig and fly around in a wheel made of axes to shoot at a cyborg polar bear, and then finish him off by launching a shark into space to activate an orbital satellite laser.  Controls seem a little floaty, though.

Grabbed Darksiders 2 last week on sale, I think this series is probably my biggest guilty pleasure.  Enjoying the hell out of it so far.  Seems a lot more developed than the original game.

Plus, picked up the new Blood Bowl CE.  Trying out the new teams, but I'm not sure I'll use any of them.  The only one that really catches my eye at this point is the Underworld team, which unfortunately seems like a mix of Skaven and Goblins but without the players that make the Skaven effective or the Goblins fun.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: