Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? Pendan and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231347 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5915 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:09 PM

'Finished' with D3 for now, started to play DayZ (when I don't mind extremely punishing gameplay), and picked up The Secret World (due to all the nice things people are saying about it). Waiting for Minecraft servers to upgrade to play that too.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #5916 on: August 03, 2012, 09:08:24 PM

What I wish I was playing?  Just Cause 2 multiplayer beta mod.  Check out this hilarious action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYoI13P3Gfs&feature=player_embedded#!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5917 on: August 04, 2012, 06:58:15 PM

I'm still enjoying Diablo III due to having my fingers in my ears, and neither Torchlight 2 nor Borderlands 2 is out.  Also I don't get to play it much.

Dragon's Dogma is where I spend a lot of time.  Last night I had a problem with pawns disappearing, not dying just disappearing, and I had to reload a couple times.  Or maybe a pawn can be killed so hard they don't groan for fifteen minutes waiting for me to rescue them?  The pawns I use are F13 pawns.  Can't remember the lv50's name for some reason, and I've had her the longest; Alex or something like that.  My new second is xom.  So, thanks guys.

My pawn, Duff, gets some action from time to time but I'm wondering if the hulking brute image is holding him back.

Fucking Minecraft.  My son and best friend had me playing this on 360 way too much.  At the moment I'm just asking my son where his redstone contraption is, and avoiding playing it myself.  I did have to set up him and my wife with Live accounts.  That turned out to be annoying.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5918 on: August 05, 2012, 08:52:32 AM

Back to Minecraft since there's a new Technic Pack out, with a couple new mods in it.

Probably buying Persona 4 Arena this Tuesday even though I generally don't like the GG/BB style of fighters because, well, Persona.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5919 on: August 05, 2012, 06:54:24 PM

Playing:
-Skyrim, still. Wanna beat the main quest on my new character before getting Dawnguard.
-Battlefield 3. Surprisingly fun when it's not a curb-stomp either way. Spawnraping people is boring, as is being spawnraped to 0 tickets. I might actually get premium for this.

Beat:
-RAGE. Not a bad game, too bad it obviously was shoved out the door and intended to be some smash hit because it has basically no ending.

SOON:
-Spec Ops, the Line: first on my 3rd person shooter tour since it has the weakest gameplay of the 3 shooters I bought supposedly.
-Binary Domain, presumably to cheer me up after the depression induced by The Line's supposedly grimdark plot.
-Max Payne 3, the AAA title to cap it off.

Whenever the fucking devs get around to it:
-Torchlight 2.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5920 on: August 05, 2012, 07:48:09 PM

Played WoW this week for the first time in ages to help my daughter. I'm surprised at how much I hate it, having played endless hours since launch. Also at how much I hate a lot of the players.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5921 on: August 06, 2012, 08:14:05 AM

TSW, but my available time continues to be shitty for gaming.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5922 on: August 06, 2012, 09:26:24 AM

Crusader Kings 2. I'm the King of Ireland and half of Scotland and I'm marrying off all of my sons to girls with the Genius (+6 on everything) attribute hoping to breed up a super-heir.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5923 on: August 06, 2012, 10:05:18 AM

Playing CKII as well.  After a couple of false starts I locked up Ireland but I clearly took too long as my neighbours are all unified kingdoms with more troops than me.  Time to spark some rebellions.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5924 on: August 06, 2012, 11:19:33 AM

My CKII running of Poland was going swimmingly until both of my current sovereign's sons dropped dead at 16 and 15 and I was the line of inheritance suddenly passed to his daughters who were married to English and Swedish royalty. I did my best to assassinate all the fuckers and get it back to some grandchildren I still had in my court but I just couldn't pull it off. In one case, it's weird, I get to keep playing as a grandchild who is a duke of one little county in a Poland now ruled by an English monarch but if I try to give that duke almost everything in the monarch's demense just before he kicks the bucket, the game ends when he dies. Inheritance is confusing.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5925 on: August 06, 2012, 12:04:08 PM

Playing CKII as well.  After a couple of false starts I locked up Ireland but I clearly took too long as my neighbours are all unified kingdoms with more troops than me.  Time to spark some rebellions.

Hah, in my last game I managed to take Ireland and Scotland but when I attacked England they kicked my ass. I think they'd spent a lot of money on town and castle developments while I was out conquering so they just outgunned me totally.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5926 on: August 06, 2012, 01:07:24 PM

Is there a tutorial in CKII? I couldn't gor the life of me figure out how to do anything after I installed it.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #5927 on: August 06, 2012, 02:21:13 PM

Is there a tutorial in CKII? I couldn't gor the life of me figure out how to do anything after I installed it.

A pretty long one that I couldn't get through if I remember right.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5928 on: August 06, 2012, 04:14:19 PM

Playing some old SNES games on a whim, mostly Shadowrun. Surprisingly good, if a bit grindy.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5929 on: August 06, 2012, 07:42:33 PM

The tutorial is rubbish, if you're not a learn by doing kind of person maybe look over at the paradox forums.
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5930 on: August 06, 2012, 07:58:43 PM

The tutorial is rubbish, if you're not a learn by doing kind of person maybe look over at the paradox forums.
The tutorial is indeed garbage.  I found the SA Let's Play thread to be super useful.  http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3487258 

Only a few days into learning the game but most of the basic WTF moments I've had were touched on there.  Found a few wiki pages as well but found those were only useful for specific mechanic-related questions.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #5931 on: August 07, 2012, 02:13:48 PM

Started replaying VTM Bloodlines a couple weeks ago. Forgot just how great this game could be, if you look past some of the glitches. I'm running the 8.1plus version of the community pack, and I've only had to use the console to get unstuck from terrain once!

Turns out Brujah is easy mode in this game (compared to the other clans I'd played in the past).

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5932 on: August 07, 2012, 05:44:03 PM

Started replaying VTM Bloodlines a couple weeks ago. Forgot just how great this game could be, if you look past some of the glitches. I'm running the 8.1plus version of the community pack, and I've only had to use the console to get unstuck from terrain once!

Turns out Brujah is easy mode in this game (compared to the other clans I'd played in the past).

In my Steams Library...

Between The Secret World/ Blood Bowl and a Founders Pack Mechwarrior online I barely have time for the real world!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5933 on: August 08, 2012, 08:34:37 PM

My CKII running of Poland was going swimmingly until both of my current sovereign's sons dropped dead at 16 and 15 and I was the line of inheritance suddenly passed to his daughters who were married to English and Swedish royalty. I did my best to assassinate all the fuckers and get it back to some grandchildren I still had in my court but I just couldn't pull it off. In one case, it's weird, I get to keep playing as a grandchild who is a duke of one little county in a Poland now ruled by an English monarch but if I try to give that duke almost everything in the monarch's demense just before he kicks the bucket, the game ends when he dies. Inheritance is confusing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #5934 on: August 08, 2012, 11:00:53 PM

Love this game so much.  Glitches are almost irrelevant when the game is this fantastic.  Brujah, Nosferatu, and Toreador are the only bloodlines I haven't played through though....probably should fix that. 

I do believe VTM:B is the peak of the modern RPG.  It's just fantastic.  I have to recommend TSW if you like it and are interested in MMORPGs.  Similar in style.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #5935 on: August 09, 2012, 05:06:12 AM

I have to recommend TSW if you like it and are interested in MMORPGs.  Similar in style.

Not to derail too much, but how so?  I haven't really stayed caught up with it, looked like a tab targetting hotbar type affair with Cthulu and the Illuminati instead of orcs and elfs.  Is it just the "secret societies" thing, or something?

As for what I'm playing, mostly still recovering from the Steam sale.  SpaceChem is surprisingly fun, I've found, though the UI is kinda lacking, the game really nails the part of my brain that likes solving puzzles.  Most puzzle games boil down to "read the developer's mind and find the 'right' solution" but SpaceChem encourages creative solutions, which is nice.

Getting back in to Skyrim, trying the new Dawnguard stuff out.  Fun so far, the vampire stuff is well done, I think.  I am kind of annoyed at how often I'm switching back and forth between vampire form and human form, which wouldn't be as much of an issue if I could hotkey the "revert form" ability, but whenever you change into vampire lord form it defaults automatically to bat mode, so you gotta switch it every time.  This is also the first time I've done much with a companion, and I'm not impressed with their handling, on whole.  But it's fun so far.

Also back into Space Pirates and Zombies, hopefully I'll see it through to the end this time.  Just got to the "zombies" part and they are damn annoying to fight.  Stuck on a storyline mission where I need a cloaking device and all I've got is my basic crappy one, and no skills for it, so looks like it's off to dredge the galaxy for an upgrade.

Also grabbed Orcs Must Die 2, playing it co-op and it's just as fun as the original was.  The upgrade system is more in depth and more grindy, but that's fine with me since the gameplay's still hilarious and fun and upgrades are still fast enough that you're not usually waiting more than two maps for something.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #5936 on: August 09, 2012, 08:56:19 AM

I have to recommend TSW if you like it and are interested in MMORPGs.  Similar in style.

Not to derail too much, but how so?  I haven't really stayed caught up with it, looked like a tab targetting hotbar type affair with Cthulu and the Illuminati instead of orcs and elfs.  Is it just the "secret societies" thing, or something?

It is a tab targetting hotbar type affair, so it's not similar in mechanics or combat.  It's unfair to say that it's just Cthulu plugged into the old formula though.  I was quickly reminded of VTM:B due to the high quality writing, entertaining characters, and especially the whole 'feeling like a pawn in a dark, supernatural, alternate modern reality setting' thing.  It's also really fun just to explore and learn about these alternate realities, and both games have a similar depth to them there.  I didn't know shit about Vampire the tabletop game, so VTM: B had quite a bit for me to sink into, which really helps with immersion.  TSW is similar, with lots of hints as to what is going on behind the scenes, and lots of interesting lore to find out about, which I really like in this setting.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5937 on: August 09, 2012, 10:10:49 AM

As another gigantic fanboy for VtM:Bloodlines, TSW does give off a similar vibe.  It's the best execution of this setting and atmosphere that I've played.    Granted, it's less interactive, and it's a Funcom MMO with everything that comes with that.  Everything.  Game is exceptionally buggy, but they do seem to be actually fixing bugs faster than they are creating them.

Still, it's what I'm playing until my GPU comes back from MSI (RMA).  Runs pretty well on an 8800 GT.  I'll probably put it down once GW2 arrives, but overall it's a lot better than I thought it would be. 

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5938 on: August 10, 2012, 03:21:55 PM

I haven't played much of anything for the last couple of years.  I only started up again recently.  I started Borderlands over again and finished that up.  I've started playing Hellgate - which is now Global and not just London - and they've fixed most of the annoying bugs and I'm enjoying that.  Still in London right now though, haven't got to Stonehenge yet this time around and eagerly waiting to get into Tokyo.  No plot, no complexity, just good old fashioned killing every thing you see and creating as much gore as possible.  It seems to brighten my mood considerably.  I tried playing that Curt Schilling baseball-less game, but I couldn't get into it.  I might try again later.  Dunno.  

I'm waiting for:

Call Of Duty: Black Ops II - but then who isn't?
Torchlight II - I played the fuck out of the original.
Borderlands 2 - this is the one I look forward to the most, I think.
Halo 4 -  Hurry up!

I've been thinking of Lollipop Chainsaw but I haven't heard much good about it.  :(  Maybe it's just the name I'm in love with.  I don't know which console I should start buying for - maybe I should just use this horrible laptop I bought when I moved away.  It's small though.  Life is hard.  Words, too.  What else should I be on the look out for?  I've been so out of the loop lately.

PS  I think I'm completely done with MMORPGs.  They depress me now.  And they mostly suck.  And there's not enough blood and guts and veins in your teeth.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:23:47 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5939 on: August 10, 2012, 03:39:03 PM

Not that I feel the need to preach the MMO gospel, but you might like The Secret World.

God Save the Horn Players
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5940 on: August 10, 2012, 04:19:42 PM

You know I was invited in to that beta but I never actually got around to it.  I was interested in it ages ago when it was announced and enjoyed their method of generating interest.  When it finally came around to the beta test, I wasn't playing games of any sort at all mostly.  It is different, though, and maybe I'll take a look.  Thanks.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5941 on: August 10, 2012, 04:25:22 PM

I liked Saints Row 3 a lot, but you have to enjoy the over-the-top brand of silly fun'n'gun

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5942 on: August 10, 2012, 04:41:57 PM

You know I was invited in to that beta but I never actually got around to it.  I was interested in it ages ago when it was announced and enjoyed their method of generating interest.  When it finally came around to the beta test, I wasn't playing games of any sort at all mostly.  It is different, though, and maybe I'll take a look.  Thanks.

Definitely worth giving a whirl next time they do a free weekend or whatever, I think!

I dunno what other games you should be looking for, though! I'm only marginally helpful. :(

God Save the Horn Players
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5943 on: August 11, 2012, 12:07:37 AM

I liked Saints Row 3 a lot, but you have to enjoy the over-the-top brand of silly fun'n'gun

I watched a trailer and was hooked when the dude punched someone in the girly junk.  At the moment, I'm into mindlessly violent games that contain mindless violent.  Too much plot makes me dizzy.  Bought and downloading. 

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5944 on: August 11, 2012, 01:14:14 AM

fun'n'gun

Never use this word again.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5945 on: August 11, 2012, 06:40:26 AM

I watched a trailer and was hooked when the dude punched someone in the girly junk.  At the moment, I'm into mindlessly violent games that contain mindless violent.  Too much plot makes me dizzy.  Bought and downloading. 
You'll love it then.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5946 on: August 11, 2012, 06:48:08 AM

Waiting for:  NHL13 (I can't help it, I'm a fanboy for hockey), Mists of Pandaria, Halo 4

Playing: World of Warcraft, DotA2.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5947 on: August 11, 2012, 09:58:13 AM

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5948 on: August 12, 2012, 02:27:01 AM

I watched a trailer and was hooked when the dude punched someone in the girly junk.  At the moment, I'm into mindlessly violent games that contain mindless violent.  Too much plot makes me dizzy.  Bought and downloading.  
You'll love it then.

I do!  Bought, downloaded, installed with all dlc, locked, loaded, in the process of committing outrageous violence and maiming innocent bystanders with much gusto and gore.  I also got The Book of Unwritten Tales off of Steam for those rare days that I don't want to kill every... err... anybody.  It's fucking adorable.  I thought the puzzles would be childishly easy, and some are, but there have been a couple that made me think, something I've not been doing very much lately.  Makes brain ache!  I have my PS3 with me but my roomie has hijacked it and is hooked on Skyrim - which I brought with me, too.  Got tired of it though.  I had Diablo 3, but mailed it to my nephew because he was depressed.  It was okay.  So I have about 5 games to my name, all but two for the PC and I feel like a game n00b.  I appreciate the advice.

THANK YOU LITTLE PAELOS!

PS  This game actually has a song by Otep!   Heart Heart Heart

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:24:55 AM by Signe »

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #5949 on: August 12, 2012, 07:17:49 AM

You are welcome!

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: