Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:03:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231433 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5880 on: July 02, 2012, 08:12:24 PM

Me: TF2, SWTOR, Magic 2012, Civ V expansion, resisting urge to try Funcom Clusterfuck 2012. Will get around to ME3 Allegedly Fixed Ending soon, I haven't been in the mood for the console lately. CK2 expansion is waiting too. Some other random indie stuff I bought on a whim. Suddenly I'm in a game glut, out of nowhere.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5881 on: July 02, 2012, 09:23:02 PM

TOR, Baldur's Gate (1 and 2), and recently got back into Diablo 2's SP. Just popped Nightmare Andariel with a zookeeper necro for two set items (Sigon's boots, woo! Civerb's cudgel... woo?), a unique, and a couple of pretty nice rares. Never seen that amount of loot off her before.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5882 on: July 03, 2012, 04:21:37 AM

Hard drive failing / replacement lost me my Raid-0 steam directory. At least nothing stored its saved games there.... grr oblivion. So letting Oscuro's kick my low level ass again because I almost feel obligated to try and finish it. Playing a mage this time, which means have a different selection of mods one of which promises to make a mage playthrough not an exercise in futility.

If I haven't finished before GW2 comes out it's over though.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5883 on: July 03, 2012, 07:56:29 AM

Mostly puttering around in minecraft. Going to get through the rest of Saint's Row 3 at some point, kind of got out of the flow.

Started LA Noire, the fiancee really likes it.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5884 on: July 03, 2012, 11:02:12 AM

Let us know how you feel about the ending when you get there, personally I have it in the Bad Ending Hall of Fame.

PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #5885 on: July 03, 2012, 11:14:24 AM

Playing some swtor, want to get my first pub (trooper) to 50 before my sub ends. Dragon Nest released a new class, tinkerer, so playing some of that as well. Just started Katherine, controls a bit loose on the puzzles, I often move two squares when I just want to move one.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #5886 on: July 03, 2012, 11:22:02 AM

Been playing mostly TSW, and it's fantastic for me.  If you're interested in an excellent atmosphere, great writing, solid story-driven RPG with inventive design give it a shot.  It might not appeal to more achiever types, and the beginning is a bit slow combat-wise (it gets better).  But I would say the atmosphere is better than most single-player RPGs, and the quest design is far more interesting, and simply flat-out better, than any other MMO out there.

The Walking Dead episodic game is also good and worth playing as long as you are ok with the faux-gameplay heavy rain style.  Finished espisode 2, and while I thought the story was a bit predictable, it was enjoyable with some definitely well done 'oh shit' moments.  Personally I'm enjoying the characters in the game far more than the T.V. show as well.  Rare to see a game make you feel a paternalistic connection with a little girl, but this one pulls it off pretty well.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5887 on: July 03, 2012, 03:32:31 PM

Having a lot of fun with TSW as well.  But, then again, I like this kind of stuff.   Quests are really interesting so far.  Mechanics are a bit wonky, but I can live with it.  

And doing a bit of smurfing in LoL.  It's OK.  Mostly it's just discouraging when you win and discouraging and depressing when you lose.  But I feel like I want to keep my mechanics up for when/if I decide to get back into it.

Put Skyrim on the back burner a bit.  I'm getting my run around and quest fix with TSW.  Don't need to double up at the moment.

-Rasix
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #5888 on: July 03, 2012, 06:08:28 PM

Let us know how you feel about the ending when you get there, personally I have it in the Bad Ending Hall of Fame.

I didn't mind LA Noire's ending, but there is too big a gap between the start and the end of the game for it to have much impact.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #5889 on: July 04, 2012, 12:12:03 AM

I like LOTRO but I think they *really* hamstring the free players past the first couple zones. If you want to progress totally for free get ready for the mother of all grinds as you kill hundreds of monsters to advance kill deeds to get points you can eventually spend on quest packs.
Iirc you also get turbine points from finishing the story quests. That said I found it way better to subscribe for 3 months for 30$ when I played which left me with enough free points to buy the last expansion. However I haven't played it anyway because I burned out on the game. I loved Moria though and a lot of people seem to hate it so.. But that doesn't really matter cause they are redoing it for the next patch (may already be done havent really kept up.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5890 on: July 04, 2012, 04:33:10 AM

If you start playing now there's a "starter pack" on steam that is good value. 15$ at the time for a mob experience booster, mount, 3 quest content packs and a bunch of turbine points. Certainly better value than buying those things independently.

The points you get from achievements in game are like the same approach used in DDO. If you fill every slot on every server with characters, level them all up, gather together all their free turbine points then you've just spent hundreds of hours to earn 10-20$. It allows them to say it "can be earnt in game" but in reality it's just noise.

- Simond
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5891 on: July 04, 2012, 04:40:43 AM

Are points transferable? Because I reckon I have a shitload of points from my lifetime account sitting there unused.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5892 on: July 04, 2012, 06:23:21 AM

If you start playing now there's a "starter pack" on steam that is good value. 15$ at the time for a mob experience booster, mount, 3 quest content packs and a bunch of turbine points. Certainly better value than buying those things independently.

I had naturally earned enough TP by ~30 to buy one questpack but now, at 42 I am kind of in the same spot with the decision to spend real money or do something else.  Lately with SWTOR, Skyrim and soon GW2 I haven't been playing but I do feel the itch to go see what happens next.

Other than the Steam starter (which was $30 last time I looked) look for the Mithril Pack on Gamestop (it's exclusive).  Almost all the old questpacks (missing only Mirkwood, I think?) and 2k TP, which is enough to buy the recent Isengard questpack, for 20 bucks.  or, look for sales at the Turbine store.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5893 on: July 04, 2012, 06:34:36 AM

I think it was on sale when it released to steam, I remember getting it for 15 and thinking that good value. The Mithril pack never made it to Australia, which is odd since I believe our biggest game retailer (EB) is owned by gamestop, though the steam pack sounds like roughly the same thing.

Any quest TP I got was consumed as part of buying bag spaces, because it loads you down with no end of crafting crap and vendor trash while forcing you to buy 3-4 of the available bag slots. Plus the ability to ride a mount. plus the ability to use the talent system.

- Simond
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #5894 on: July 04, 2012, 08:23:36 AM

I just looked at the deal and I'd say the fairly regular appearance of the 3 months for 29.99 is a way better deal. 1500 turbine points instead of 1000, unlimited free mounts, access to all the areas, max bag space on any character you create in those 3 months, unlimited travel. If you are going to last 3 months in an MMO this is the way to go and even if you don't you still end up with more points in the bank.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5895 on: July 05, 2012, 12:25:30 AM

It depends on play style. If you are going to be moderately serious about it the sub makes sense, if you are going to be very casual and just dink around with it every couple of weeks not so much. Likewise it makes good sense to at least start off free and make sure you care and run into the pay-wall before you sub.

Of course I don't really think LotRO is a good enough game to sub to. If I was going to pay a sub I'd do it on something a bit more modern and interesting.

- Simond
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #5896 on: July 05, 2012, 07:25:00 AM

Just re-downloaded WoT, feeling confused. Any of the French tanks worth getting?

Also playing Fifa 12 (I'm addicted to online matches), beta testing Hero's and Generals. And for shits and giggles, Curse of the Azure Bonds on my laptop and Bard's Tale 1 on my ipad.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5897 on: July 05, 2012, 07:36:49 AM

Of course I don't really think LotRO is a good enough game to sub to. If I was going to pay a sub I'd do it on something a bit more modern and interesting.

I think it's worth it to get a 1 month sub (or, if you can find it an old launch or Moria box in a bargin bin that comes with 1 free month) just for the class unlocks and extra bags.  That said, after 1 month of VIP I would much rather spend 20 bux on the Mithril pack and have all that content unlocked so that I can play as casually as I want without billing cycles weighing on my mind.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #5898 on: July 09, 2012, 09:47:42 PM

Got back in to Dark Souls. Currently at around 120 hours played over 4 characters (mostly 2). Also playing a bit of Max Payne 3 on the PC and just redownloaded Skyrim.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5899 on: July 11, 2012, 02:50:24 AM

Just re-downloaded WoT, feeling confused. Any of the French tanks worth getting?

Ask in the WoT thread and you'll probably get a response from someone who has played more of them. The french tanks are fairly different in how they play, I adore the lights because they fit exactly what I want, but I'm sure just as many people hate them.

- Simond
WayAbvPar

Reply #5900 on: July 11, 2012, 08:33:53 AM

My 13_90 is my favorite tank. Speeding around behind people, shooting them in the ass, and then running off to the hills with a chuckle is great fun.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5901 on: July 11, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

My 13_90 is my favorite tank. Speeding around behind people, shooting them in the ass, and then running off to the hills with a chuckle is great fun.
Selling them whiskey and taking their gold?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #5902 on: July 13, 2012, 06:45:04 AM

For whoever was interested in LoTRO earlier.  The Mithril pack is on sale at Gamestop for $9.99 and the Steam Starter Pack is on sale for $15.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5903 on: July 18, 2012, 06:01:08 PM

Playing:
Diablo III.  Have stopped reading the namesake F13 thread and am enjoying the game very nicely.
Minecraft X360.  I'm sort of tired of MC, but I like playing with my shitplunger friends.
Dragon's Dogma.  Will make a Nixtoon about this.
Infamous, although I stalled again at about the same place.
Lego Batman 2: Superman.  Mostly done.

Listening:
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Classic country, thanks to the SiriusXM channel Willie's Roadhouse.

Edited out some derp.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:10:04 PM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5904 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:33 PM

"Love Shack" on RB3 DLC.   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5905 on: July 19, 2012, 02:40:11 PM

Took them long enough!

WayAbvPar

Reply #5906 on: July 20, 2012, 09:06:16 AM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5907 on: July 21, 2012, 06:17:20 AM

Now they just need to release "Private Idaho" and life will be good.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5908 on: July 22, 2012, 07:31:30 AM

Crusader Kings II.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5909 on: July 28, 2012, 09:12:58 PM

Got fired from my job as Blackpool's manager in Football Manager 2012, and got about halfway through Limbo. I wanted something quick and singleplayer to tear through in between Secret World and League of Legends and L.A. Noire got nominated thanks to the Steam sale. So uh, yeah, Cole Phelps is an apple-polishing dick. COMPLETELY unlikable as a character. The game has some seriously weird design choices, but if you look at it in the light of it being a slightly more interactive point-and-click adventure game, it's enjoyable. I'm glad I didn't pay full price though.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #5910 on: July 29, 2012, 05:59:52 AM

Starcraft 2, DOTA 2, Diablo III, Day Z, and a bit of TF2 here and there.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5911 on: July 29, 2012, 06:03:08 AM

Been playing Bejeweled 3. So much so that when I took a whizz at an Arby's that had randomly mixed 1" square tiles on the wall the other day, I was looking for where the matches could be made  ACK!

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5912 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16:29 AM

just beat platinum difficulty on ME3 co op... fuck that was something fierce.
At first it was just Geth Primes at Wave 1. Then I thought I was imagining shit when I saw Phantoms at Wave 3...then there's the unmistakable scream of Banshees at Wave 5. Fucking insane.  why so serious?
We lucked out at Wave 10 objective.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5913 on: July 31, 2012, 12:23:22 AM

Currently playing Avernum:Escape From the Pit (aka Exile Remake #2: Electric Boogaloo), everything old is new again! I chose hard difficulty due to my prior experience with the series, but that may have been a mistake. Fuck slith warriors that 2-shot my fully-buffed tank at level 13. I also tried fighting the boss at the aranea city/cave... they can toast my party in the first turn, buffs or no buffs. ACK!

Also playing some SR3 here and there - one hour at a time works pretty well for me. Almost got downtown under my control...

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #5914 on: July 31, 2012, 12:34:17 AM

Ah, one wonders how many times can they remake Exile! And still I'm waiting for the remake of Avernum 2 so I can play it.  awesome, for real
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: