Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:53:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231604 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5775 on: May 30, 2012, 10:42:47 AM

Native Expansion with the silly shit turned off is IMO the best Warband experience.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5776 on: May 30, 2012, 10:50:29 AM

As per usual, I disagree with Ingmar because I like "The Silly Shit™"

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5777 on: May 30, 2012, 11:11:17 AM

By 'silly shit' I mostly just mean the big invasion thing. I find it to be a really unwelcome injection of fantasy bullshit into my gritty peasant murder simulator.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5778 on: May 30, 2012, 11:17:45 AM

I also like Fantasy Bullshit™

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5779 on: May 30, 2012, 12:19:54 PM

Any thoughts?

World of Tanks. That'll take up your time for a year, easy. I'm working on year 2.

WoT left me cold for some reason. Granted that was early beta, but something about it just didn't click with me.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5780 on: May 30, 2012, 02:44:46 PM

Play DayZ. It's good, frustrating fun.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
WayAbvPar

Reply #5781 on: May 30, 2012, 04:27:40 PM

Any thoughts?

World of Tanks. That'll take up your time for a year, easy. I'm working on year 2.

This. I was put off by the terrible name for a long time, but finally got talked into it and I am having a blast.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #5782 on: May 30, 2012, 04:29:19 PM

I'm trying to decide between devoting my non-LOL and Tribes: Ascend time to either Mount & Blade: Warband, Napoleon: Total War (which I can't play for more than an hour w/o my motherboard getting dangerously hot), Shogun: Total War, Fallout: New Vegas, Dark Souls, Arkham City or going back to Skyrim. Any thoughts?

Diablo 3?
OOTP Baseball 13?

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5783 on: May 30, 2012, 05:29:34 PM

Wow, I got tons of answers, none of which were actually on my list of things I wanted to play.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I wouldn't play Diablo 3 if you paid me. I've considered DayZ but I didn't like Arma2 that much and not sure if the crushing difficulty would turn me off or not. I think I've settled on Mount and Blade.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5784 on: May 30, 2012, 10:32:36 PM

Finished ME3.  I don't get what all the damn fuss and uproar was about.  I mean, I get that the ending may not have been exactly what everyone wanted it to be, but so fucking what?  People take this shit too seriously.  I will look back on the whole experience and remember only that I was thoroughly entertained.

I wasn't going to march on Bioware or anything, but the ending was hugely shitty.  Ohhhhh, I see.

And do Mount & Blade, Haemish! Because ... because!

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5785 on: May 30, 2012, 11:11:42 PM

Wow, I got tons of answers, none of which were actually on my list of things I wanted to play.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I read your list.  Fallout: New Vegas is well worth a play through. 

Started Uncharted 3.  Moved the PS3 into the office because apparently I can wake my wife up at a volume that I can barely hear.  Well, at least my monitor is big.

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5786 on: May 30, 2012, 11:27:17 PM

I wouldn't play Diablo 3 if you paid me. I've considered DayZ but I didn't like Arma2 that much and not sure if the crushing difficulty would turn me off or not. I think I've settled on Mount and Blade.

You mentioned Skyrim...have you played any of it at all?  I think it is fantastic, but on the other hand it seems like the kind of game that you can easily just play for bits and pieces here and there while you are more invested in another game.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5787 on: May 31, 2012, 09:28:53 AM

I've put about 26 hours into Skyrim and loved it, but felt the huge crush of so many other games in the hopper that I bought at Christmas, I wanted to try something else. After seeing the trailer for the Dawnguard expansion though... holy shit, I'm tempted to finish a playthrough of Skyrim.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5788 on: May 31, 2012, 09:36:45 AM

FWIW I enjoyed New Vegas a lot more than Skyrim... it probably helps that I didn't play it at release though (see also: Obsidian)

Rasix

Reply #5789 on: May 31, 2012, 09:38:40 AM

I could never really get into Skyrim.  I think I will give it an honest go at some point.  I just got distracted by LoL and something else shiny being released close to it.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5790 on: May 31, 2012, 10:01:08 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with either Skyrim or F:NV. I wouldn't sweat the DayZ difficulty, that's part of the fun of survival horror :) Especially if you already own Arma2. Janky but fun is my biif.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5791 on: May 31, 2012, 10:26:05 AM

If you haven't played Minecraft, you ought to give it a try even if you think you won't like it. You might be surprised.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5792 on: June 03, 2012, 05:33:37 PM

Done with D3 for now; got to Act 2 Hell and just can't find the fun anymore. Too much kiting, not enough loot explosions.

Picked up Atelier Meruru, and it's pretty good so far; the gameplay stays within the standard alchemy/JRPG formula (see: other Atelier games, Recettear, etc.) but the game is absolutely gorgeous. Probably the best anime-inspired 3d graphics I've seen in a game; Meruru puts Tales of Graces to shame. The story's a bit more interesting than usual because instead of just managing a shop, they've added a light kingdom building mechanic to the mix. It's not incredibly deep, but it's a nice deviation from the norm. I probably should've just made this a BiiF but meh.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5793 on: June 04, 2012, 11:53:51 AM

Hit Act 2 Inferno as a melee in Diablo 3, that got tired really, really fast.

But I got into the Dust 514 beta (PS3) this weekend and wanted to try it out since I still think EvE is a great game.  Installed it, played for less than 10 minutes before I was reminded why I would rather do just about anything other than play an FPS on a console controller.

So I got a Demon Hunter up to 52 in D3 over the weekend instead.  swamp poop

Start classes again next week though and predict a major decrease in my game time, at least I hope their is so I don't fail any classes.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:55:22 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5794 on: June 04, 2012, 12:09:44 PM

Haven't responded to this thread in a very long time. I play D3 and am looking forward to GW2 beta this weekend. Prior to this, I played Reckoning (really enjoyed it), SWTOR (pve boring as fuck, pvp pretty damned fun if you could get into a match), and World of Tanks, which I'll return to at some point now that the Russian patch was released.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5795 on: June 04, 2012, 05:15:17 PM

Diablo3 continues to win the struggle against my willpower, hopefully I can fit some blood bowl games now that the season has started though...
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5796 on: June 07, 2012, 07:09:40 PM

Trying to get into Batman : Arkham City.

GFWL is making that difficult.  But combat seems to flow a lot better than AA so far, at least.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5797 on: June 08, 2012, 08:06:30 AM

Amnesia has totally distracted me from Mount & Blade. This game is just fantastic. That's between games of League of Legends and Tribes: Ascend, of course.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5798 on: June 08, 2012, 12:23:44 PM

How far in are you ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5799 on: June 08, 2012, 01:17:51 PM

Got through the Refinery into the East end of the building, made the explosives to unclog the flood drain and ran screaming like a bitch from the heebie jeebies with legs, then went upstairs through the study and am in the guest rooms now.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #5800 on: June 08, 2012, 01:19:33 PM

It gets worse.

WORSE.

ACK!

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #5801 on: June 10, 2012, 04:02:21 AM

Just turned back to Mass Effect 3, which I set aside for some reason. I don't know why, there was something about the combat this time that really bugged me. I found it hard for my Shep to do his sniping in a lot of cases, but it was more, I dunno, everything felt cramped or something to me for some reason.  Going to work on Dragon's Dogma shortly also.
Rasix

Reply #5802 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:50 AM

My arm feels so much better after no Diablo 3 for almost a week.

Playing The Secret World and Uncharted 3 (still).  This may be the last Uncharted I play if they produce any more sequels.  Drake is charming and the set pieces are nice, but the gameplay feels so stale now. The shooting in this iteration just feels off somehow as well.  Most I can really play is a chapter before I want to put it down and do something else.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5803 on: June 13, 2012, 11:07:43 AM

My arm feels so much better after no Diablo 3 for almost a week.

This. Mostly back to SWTOR myself - almost done with another storyline, sadly I get to play guildmaster instead of trooper tonight, as we're doing the migration thing.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5804 on: June 13, 2012, 12:56:58 PM

Yeah, I'm so excited for that, too.

I'm pretty much playing Saint's Row 3. Migrated over my steam install from my previous install, so I have access to some old saves and want to go back and finish stuff like Amnesia. Crankyippe is trying to lure me back into minecraft, which will probably be successful. Such a great toy to go tinker with after a long day of configuration and policy implementation.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5805 on: June 14, 2012, 06:12:57 AM

Back to SWTOR to play Warzones and space combat while I wait for other things. Got a beta key from mmorpg.com (a site apparently designed by a 12 year old hopped up on sugar and a 40 hour gaming session) for TSW this weekend so going to take a look at that.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5806 on: June 17, 2012, 02:04:49 PM

I played Max Payne 3, done with it for a while after running into an incredibly frustrating timed event (the game crashed after about 20 tries). Gameplay got stale quick, especially the bullet sponge enemies. The game is also really buggy on PS3, crashes and cutscenes breaking spontaneously.
Rasix

Reply #5807 on: June 19, 2012, 10:20:40 AM

Finished Uncharted 3.  THIS GAME.  I'm so glad I borrowed it and didn't pay a dime.   It's got crying baby levels up the wazzoo.   Uneven distribution of jumping/climbing puzzles and actual puzzles (they're all early).  Mostly there's a ton of shooting and far too many "escape this shit that's blowing up" set pieces.   And there's still the part that your enemies always beat you to whatever you're going after.  It's like you're a charming, youthful version of Belloq.  Second place explorer that's just better at killing the shit out of everyone.

As is, I'm in a bit of a gaming conundrum.  I've got a ton that I could play and no desire to start anything up.  I guess it's hard to choose a single player game because I may end up wanting to get TSW or restart SWTOR/Rift.

Options are:

PC - Just Cause 2, Last Remnant, Skyrim, LoL (probably do something wacky like random every game or ALL TEEMO), Witcher 2 (maybe, but still, fuck this game), Amnesia (may be too scary), The Void

PS3 - Resonance of Fate, Valkyria Chronicles (restart either of these), Disgaea 4, Dark Souls

PS2- Persona 4 (FINISH IT FINALLY)

Too many choices, too little time.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5808 on: June 19, 2012, 10:42:44 AM

Skyrim is pretty awesome and you should put that at the top of the list. Just Cause 2 is still my favorite open world destruction game, even though I like Saint's Row 2 alot....it lacks the explosiveness of JC2...and for all the over the toppityness of SR2, you never feel like you're Spider Man as played by Ahnold Schwazzennagahhhh. Amnesia...I just transfered over my old steam saves and have to finish it, I was about 2/3 of the way through...it's tip-top for atmosphere. Play it only at night alone with the lights out and the sound turned way up.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5809 on: June 19, 2012, 10:51:52 AM

I vote for Skyrim.

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: