Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:22:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? Rendakor and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231470 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #5740 on: May 18, 2012, 06:53:31 AM

Diablo 3 of course...

...And I got a weekend beta invite for Torchlight 2...

...And a beta weekend invite for The Secret World...

...Also planning to donate something to Path of Exile 'cause I liked last week's test, which means entering beta....

....And I'm still playing the Old Republic....

....And messing around with TERA...

....Plus the huge backlog of unfinished CRPGs...

...Life is good.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5741 on: May 18, 2012, 10:29:36 AM

D3 only.  MUST PLAY MORE D3.

It has completely killed off my will to play LoL.  Long business trip helped with this as well.  Still watching the competitive scene, but I just don't feel like hopping back in.  This isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Might be a good opportunity to work through some single player games or go back to SWTOR once D3 loses my interest (this may take a while).

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #5742 on: May 18, 2012, 10:33:07 AM

Lots of D3, and some World of Tanks. Sacrificed a good night's sleep the past 3 nights for one or the other (or both). I need to retire. Anyone have a spare million or two they can send my way? I will help powerlevel your characters!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5743 on: May 18, 2012, 11:10:04 AM

D3 & SWTOR (SWTOR is losing for now but I'll be back once the initial frenzy is over) - nothing else I'm even remotely interested in at the moment.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5744 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:34 AM

I'm surprised how well Freedom Force holds up. Having a blast in that one (yuk yuk).

Also playing TOR, Minecraft and Warlock; started on Deus Ex 3 and forgot I need to hook up my surround speakers after the switch to summer configuration in the living room.

I'll check out Diablo 3 when Blizz finally gets around to offering it at a decent price. As I told Xanthippe, if I were to buy a full price game right now, it'd be Risen 2.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5745 on: May 18, 2012, 12:03:43 PM

I'll check out Diablo 3 when Blizz finally gets around to offering it at a decent price.

I hope your future nursing home has reliable internet.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:05:36 PM by Ingmar »

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #5746 on: May 18, 2012, 12:28:10 PM

That line gave me a mental image of how fucked up the future is going to look in nursing homes having a bunch of old bastards catassing to Diablo 4 in the year 2062....if it's out by then that is. Scary, scary image.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5747 on: May 18, 2012, 12:41:44 PM

Thus you see how much I care about playing it. Not a bad game, but not my thing. Makes all the drooling kinda funny.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #5748 on: May 18, 2012, 02:12:56 PM

On another note, has anybody heard anything about this "Orion: Dino Beatdown" game just released on Steam?  Trailer looks lame as hell, but the description claims it's an "an Open World, Class-Based Cooperative Survival Sci-Fi FPS" about guys in robot suits fighting dinosaurs, which sounds too awesome to not be horribly fucked up in some infuriating way.
The steam forum page was moderately amusing. It appears to be horribly fucked up in some infuriating way.

Yeah, did a bit of digging and it definitely looks... not what I was hoping for.

Ran through Prototype this week... ugh.  The gameplay for that game could be so fun, if A) the game wasn't swarming you at all times with massive numbers of enemies constantly fucking up your attempts to do anything other than spam melee, and B) the protagonist wasn't the least likeable asshole in the history of video games.  I can't remember the last time I've seen such a grim world, and not grim as in girtty and badass, grim in the same way that the bubonic plague is grim.  Fuck.

Also grabbed Offspring Fling, the puzzle platformer on Steam, which is better than I thought it would be.

"Ubisoft week" is kicking my ass, too... does anyone know if the jackbooted copy protection for Anno 2070 has been removed or relaxed or anything since release?
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5749 on: May 18, 2012, 08:12:05 PM

Diablo 3, Tera and when i feel the need to shoot people in the face, holding on to BF3. TDM with the MP7 is hella fun, or why not a shotgun-only server with the Saiga   Heart
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5750 on: May 18, 2012, 09:54:19 PM

Fallout:NV. Lonesome Road was finally made available in my region after a 8-month delay, so I snagged it. It was ok... definitely not as good as OWB. OTOH it's gotten me into playing through the entire game again as NCR this time, so yay!

I have also been playing Freedom Force recently... game's definitely aged well and it still has a pretty active mod community. There are a ton of campaigns out for it too by now... I'd recommend this site if you wanted to check out some of the better ones.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5751 on: May 19, 2012, 09:50:30 AM

I have also been playing Freedom Force recently... game's definitely aged well and it still has a pretty active mod community. There are a ton of campaigns out for it too by now... I'd recommend this site if you wanted to check out some of the better ones.
Heart
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5752 on: May 19, 2012, 08:03:12 PM

TOR.  A couple more storylines to go, and I can let it rest.

On deck : Aion free trial, Batman AC, Witcher 2 EE (maybe).

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5753 on: May 21, 2012, 04:46:05 AM

So I am nearing the end of my Mass Effect 3 play through (yes, I am slow).  I have been very deliberately running away from anything that smelled like a spoiler for this game, so I am only peripherally aware of some pretty major controversy that surrounded the ending.  I am not actually certain of what that controversy is - and have avoided trying to search for information on it, as I didn't want to run into major spoilers.  That said, I couldn't avoid the subject completely and believe I may have figured it out.  So can one of you please answer the following question for me:

If it is something else, please just answer "no" and move on.  If what I wrote is more or less correct, then feel free to expound on the subject.  Again, I know this information is widely available, but I am trying to avoid specific searches for it, so I thought a simple question here would be safer.  Thanks in advance, you random figments of my imagination.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5754 on: May 21, 2012, 06:35:32 AM

No.  DLC does not play a part in the uproar.  (For once.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #5755 on: May 21, 2012, 07:15:14 AM

I've heard that they're planning to come out with a DLC this summer that will address some of the complaints about the ending. Is that true?  I've been holding off on finishing the game to wait for it.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5756 on: May 21, 2012, 08:10:27 AM

Went to a lan get together Friday and Saturday, probably played at least 20 hours of Diablo 3.

Was surprised when I got out of bed Sunday morning and realized the first thing I wanted to do was play Diablo 3.  ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #5757 on: May 21, 2012, 11:29:55 AM

Picked up Diablo 3, 'cause I enjoyed Diablo 2 (not a rabid fanboi by any measure though)... meh. It's alright, but if I have a spare hour I'd rather spam click in LoL than D3.

- Viin
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5758 on: May 21, 2012, 11:33:33 AM

I've heard that they're planning to come out with a DLC this summer that will address some of the complaints about the ending. Is that true?  I've been holding off on finishing the game to wait for it.

Yeah, free DLC. Don't know a whole lot about it at this point.

Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #5759 on: May 21, 2012, 04:19:05 PM

Diablo 3; though everytime I finish playing I get this sinking feeling that I've just wasted an hour of my life doing nothing but grinding through normal alone.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #5760 on: May 21, 2012, 06:54:02 PM

Yeah, free DLC. Don't know a whole lot about it at this point.

new ending video by the same guy I linked previously. Basically they've promised to add "clarification" without making changes to the ending which he feels is unlikely to work. I would suspect the DLC promise was mostly just to defuse the negative media.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #5761 on: May 21, 2012, 07:05:23 PM

Played Diablo3 for a weekend... playing solitaire and freecell feels like less a waste of time
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5762 on: May 27, 2012, 10:46:09 AM

PSN had Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica X on sale, so I bought 'em. Started with Veronica. It's pretty good, but man there's some cock stabbing design choices in that game. A particularly deranged combination is undroppable items and having to pick up and expend items to save the game.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5763 on: May 27, 2012, 10:46:30 AM

hurf
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5764 on: May 29, 2012, 05:06:25 PM

Aside from Diablo 3 and SWTOR, I've started playing The Sims Medieval again. I think I like that better than the Sims proper right now, because the Sims 3 is collapsing under its own weight (which means it's time for the Sims 4, imo  why so serious?).

God Save the Horn Players
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5765 on: May 29, 2012, 10:51:36 PM

I've gotten sucked in to Dragon's Dogma a few nights in a row now. Mean to play it for an hour then go do something else. Wind up finally hitting town at 2am after some crazy accidental adventure or another.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #5766 on: May 30, 2012, 03:56:42 AM

SWTOR and DayZ, now that TSW shit the bed on me and I can't be arsed to download the whole goddamn thing again.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5767 on: May 30, 2012, 05:18:49 AM

Finished ME3.  I don't get what all the damn fuss and uproar was about.  I mean, I get that the ending may not have been exactly what everyone wanted it to be, but so fucking what?  People take this shit too seriously.  I will look back on the whole experience and remember only that I was thoroughly entertained.

Not sure what to do with myself next.  I will definitely play Skyrim here and there, plus some D3 whenever I feel like it.  SWTOR is kinda on the shelf for me for a bit, maybe until they get the LFD up an working.  I think I need to get back into Dark Souls and spend a shitload of time in that.  Either that and/or Arkham City, which I also need to finish. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5768 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58:24 AM

Finished ME3.  I don't get what all the damn fuss and uproar was about.  I mean, I get that the ending may not have been exactly what everyone wanted it to be, but so fucking what?  People take this shit too seriously.  I will look back on the whole experience and remember only that I was thoroughly entertained.
You probably lack the requisite mental instability.

I'm back to just playing minecraft mostly, while listening to google play. Wish Warlock had more complexity and variety, so close to being an amazing TBS.

Also: DayZ, DayZ, Give me your answer do....
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5769 on: May 30, 2012, 08:20:58 AM

Finished Arkham Asylum and goddamn was that a fun game. Though I would like to punch the Scarecrow levels designer in the ballsack. Side-scrolling duck and dodge my fucking ass. Otherwise a fantastic game.

I'm trying to decide between devoting my non-LOL and Tribes: Ascend time to either Mount & Blade: Warband, Napoleon: Total War (which I can't play for more than an hour w/o my motherboard getting dangerously hot), Shogun: Total War, Fallout: New Vegas, Dark Souls, Arkham City or going back to Skyrim. Any thoughts?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5770 on: May 30, 2012, 08:23:02 AM

I would do Warband with the Brytenwalda mod.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5771 on: May 30, 2012, 08:37:07 AM

I tried that mod and it crashed the game on loading.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5772 on: May 30, 2012, 09:43:56 AM

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5773 on: May 30, 2012, 10:28:49 AM

Any thoughts?

World of Tanks. That'll take up your time for a year, easy. I'm working on year 2.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5774 on: May 30, 2012, 10:32:12 AM

I tried that mod and it crashed the game on loading.

Sword of Damocles then. If not that, ROTK.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: