Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:42:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Frigate Club: 0.0 Camp'n'Roam then Comedy Assault on Delve-March 1st 20:00 Dital 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frigate Club: 0.0 Camp'n'Roam then Comedy Assault on Delve-March 1st 20:00 Dital  (Read 25711 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #70 on: March 02, 2008, 09:53:42 AM

Bhodi can I send you screenshots?  I've got some of the camp, a nice one of T-mofa station and one of the Brutix going down.  The rest aren't much to look at, esp if you got video of group warp.

Write-up:

So Endie, being the fucking king of men that he is, invites us out to get our feet wet in 0.0 and have some fun.  Let me say this now, all the guys who worked with us were awesome, even if some (most?) are drrty arrpeers.  Great people, thank yous to them.  With that out of the way lets fast forward to our gatecamp.  We set up, it looked cool, I felt like Billy Badass flying my 21k armor hp + megapulses + fast lock time BS in 0.0.  But nobody came, our scouts, informants, politicians and fearless leader Endie worked to get us a fight.  At one point we were set up at a gate hoping a friendly gang could drive some reds into us like hunting dogs.  By the by, shit like that is why Eve is so cool.  If that had worked it would have been tactical and pwnage which is cool as hell.  But nothing came of it, we saw a POS -a first for some- hung out in the shields then got kicked out when Bhodi started stealing things and breaking stuff.  That was the end of our camping trip, shortly after we left all hell broke lose in the area, proof that as someone said: "reds are like cops, you can never find one when you need one". 

Everyone rushed off to grab their trusty frigates in the name of the prophet and wage holy war, Allāhu Akbar.  We met up some time later, having lost a few souls but still as a strong group.  All frigs except the people who brought t2 ships and the super dps Thorax of Halleon and Cantine Boy's Caracal.  We entered BoB space and proceeded to scratch the weatherproofing that protects the paint of their station in the hopes of awakening what had once been the mightiest fighting force in eve.  They made a fucking failure of an attempt to bait us, so we took our ball and left.  Our fucking pimp scout Forenc called a Cerb (Caldari HAC) several jumps later, I believe right after or just before we stopped in NOL itself and posed for photos -the service was terrible btw.  Needless to say the Cerb got pwnt, it was a BoB Cerb, we felt pretty good.  We had come, acted da fools, podded someone in BoB and blown up his really shiny toy.  I think we even evac'd someone with the lewts.

We sat at a gate debating the merits of various ritual suicide methods when someone made the choice easy for us, a stealth bomber decloaked firing big missiles at tiny ships (dumb), not very far away (really dumb).  We went for him and were rewarded with a nice gank + a podding I believe.  Suddenly a Ferox, Drake and Crow arrived on the scene.  Calmly our FC called the Ferox primary, so we shredded him while keeping a point on the Drake, who with the help of Halleon's stupid-dps Thorax we melted.  One of them got podded too I think, check the kb, I'm on a roll with writing this.  While this was going on more reinforcements in the form of a Brutix, Hurricane and Rifter were arriving on the scene.  Also it should be noted that the little rocket crow would have chewed our asses up if Bhodi -our electronics wizard- hadn't put an end to his bullshit, engaging in a valiant solo jamming op while the rest of us made a mental note to pack more webs next time.  The freshly arrived Brutix was next, Endie was calling targets as fast as we could shred them.  The Brutix's armor tank got obliterated but our firepower was being whittled down.  The Rifter and Hurricane died too but I think they were calling in Battleship(s) at that point so those of us still functioning ran.  None of us podded who didn't want the fast trip home, many survived the whole damn thing, it was glorious.

I am now the incredibly proud owner of an Executioner that took part in the podding of a BoB pilot in Delve and the death of 4 BC's, 1 HAC & a stealth bomber.  It is named "Dined in NOL" and will sit in the Zoar and Sons station at VI - M1 in Sakht for the rest of its days.  My shuttle aptly named "& now, the escape" brought me home along with many of our holy warriors back to Caldari space in one piece leaving the mighty dual gatling pulse beast as a personal reminder of our glorious campaign.

All in all, a day made of  awesome, for real and win.  Thank you all for coming, thanks again to Torenc who was a fucking professional on scouting duties, Endie who is so patient and cool to do all this and all the Aegis Militia and other guys who came out and hung with us even though we're silly nubs.  Brilliant brilliant stuff, that rid me of much of my irrational paralyzing fear of 0.0 it would be an honor to fly with you guys in the future.  Also I finally found out what o/ and o7 means.

-Hoax
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 09:50:32 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #71 on: March 02, 2008, 10:00:12 AM

Just post them here; open them in mspaint, stretch them to 50%, put them up on filedump, and post.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 02, 2008, 10:09:06 AM

And someone needs to post the capsule kill. :)

I posted this already: http://f13.7mph.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=198

I am delighted to have got both top damage and the killing blow on the Bob pod.

That looked hella fun. Wish I could have made it. Anything before my kids go to bed (8pm Eastern US) is generally out of the question, so I'm hoping there'll be another event at a different time if that works for everyone else.

That one ran until 0200 Eve time, which is the practical upper limit for me at the weekend.  It would be great, though, if other people ran some ops: if you've been on a few frigate club runs you know the drill with scouts, gate control, checking belts, sec status and aggression timers and calling primaries, and knowing which ships to go for in which order (as in last night's gang fight) is something that you learn by your mistakes.  Remember, I'd never FCed actual combat until a few months ago, and if everyone is in frigates nobody minds if you fuck up so long as they are getting to do stuff: I kinda feel the point of these ops is to give people fun stuff to do together more than anything else.

What's "FCing"?

Fleet commanding.

If I did get rich enough to easily replace my BC, what would be it's most appropriate use in PvP? Long range stuff? I ask because a long time ago I had this vision of fitting it to take out frigate swarms with enough tanking to soak it up from the big boys, just for the surprise factor smiley Skipped over that whole Destroyer thing[/list]

BCs, depending on their fitting, are used as bait (that's what Bob tried on us in NOL at the station undock, and what Thorn tried on us with the ferox and drake, both of which ploys we saw through), as heavy tacklers who can hold a point and a web for a long time, as anti-support (especially with precision missiles) and as DPS ships.  They are flexible and insure really well.
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 06:33:29 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
    lac
    Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 02, 2008, 10:32:46 AM

Good times! Can't wait for the next op.
    Grand Design
    Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 02, 2008, 01:47:15 PM

Here is my video of yesterday's carnage.  It includes the Ventrilo, by popular demand*.  This is my first attempt at film, so be kind.  I apologize for the length - 23 min.  Feel free to use this for recruiting for future ops.

Bat Country and F13 Frigate Op 03-01-08
    (There is an audio glitch at the beginning - I am working on getting it out.)

*Obviously if anyone objects to my using their voice, just let me know.
    Endie
    Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: March 02, 2008, 02:01:24 PM

Here is my video of yesterday's carnage.  It includes the Ventrilo, by popular demand*.  This is my first attempt at film, so be kind.  I apologize for the length - 23 min.  Feel free to use this for recruiting for future ops.

I am downloading this now, and it's awesome you did this so i can critique what I did, but I am terrified of what I am going to hear  ACK!

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
    Grand Design
    Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 02, 2008, 02:37:14 PM

I tried to edit in such a way as to limit any sensitive information.  Obviously as FC you are more aware of what ought not be in there, so let me know if you hear anything that should come out.

I could potentially make a smaller version if anyone has bandwidth problems.
    Endie
    Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 02, 2008, 03:18:02 PM

No. it's great, Grand, really.  Great stuff, which I though really captured it.  It was awesome to be able to see what it looked like when not stressing about FCing, too, so I really appreciate it.

A 2 minute highlights reel would be great for recruitment though :hopeful grin:

And although I should really have repeated the primary a bit more often in the first minute of the last fight, I am relieved that it actually all seemed to make sense.  I honestly thought I would have sounded more stressed, considering how I felt at the time.  I did notice one of my doh moment was edited out, though, so i am grateful for that  NDA

Does anyone have a screencap showing the initial massive gatecamp, btw?  I've never had 41 people in one of my fleets before, and i am pathetically eager to see what it looked like when not obscured by seven chat and convo windows.

Twitter - Endieposts

Quinton
    Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #78 on: March 02, 2008, 03:29:46 PM

Bat Country and F13 Frigate Op 03-01-08

Wow, that was awesome.  Getting the voice in there was really nice.

Fun to see my ship loss ("oh I am toast!") -- I totally should have warped out when I started taking armor damage, dunno what I was thinking sticking around.
    Grand Design
    Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 02, 2008, 03:36:16 PM

I did notice one of my doh moment was edited out, though, so i am grateful for that  NDA

I had to leave one of them in there for a comedic moment.
    Endie
    Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 02, 2008, 03:42:57 PM

I did notice one of my doh moment was edited out, though, so i am grateful for that  NDA

I had to leave one of them in there for a comedic moment.

Yeah the reds/rats thing, complete with sound effects.  Loved it.

By way of excuse, the scout was from the Baltic states, and his accent is sometimes tricky.  Honestly.  No, really.  Anyone could have done it.  Really.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
    Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: March 02, 2008, 03:43:55 PM

Fun to see my ship loss ("oh I am toast!") -- I totally should have warped out when I started taking armor damage, dunno what I was thinking sticking around.

Yeah, but next time you'll know, and you'll scarper in time.  Seriously, Eve PvP is 100% learning-by-doing.
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:53:19 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Quinton
    Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: March 02, 2008, 03:54:23 PM

Does anyone have a screencap showing the initial massive gatecamp, btw?  I've never had 41 people in one of my fleets before, and i am pathetically eager to see what it looked like when not obscured by seven chat and convo windows.

http://sunnyvale.frotz.net/eve/2008.03.01/
    Endie
    Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: March 02, 2008, 04:08:57 PM

http://sunnyvale.frotz.net/eve/2008.03.01/

You're a god amongst men.

Twitter - Endieposts

Der Helm
    Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 02, 2008, 04:14:12 PM

It includes the Ventrilo, by popular demand*

I have not downloaded the video yet, but did you use fraps and if yes, what sound input to get Vent in ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
    Quinton
    Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 02, 2008, 04:19:12 PM

Crap.  I'm an idiot though. 

I've edited one of screenshots to remove something that should not have been there.
    Grand Design
    Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: March 02, 2008, 04:27:56 PM

I have not downloaded the video yet, but did you use fraps and if yes, what sound input to get Vent in ?

Fraps full version - and the default sound card.  It would be better if I plugged in the 5.1 card.
    Amarr HM
    Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: March 02, 2008, 06:32:46 PM

Awesome vid Grand nice toons also ... I was actually three jumps away (trying to evac the fat cerb lewt) when you ran into those pirate types and by the time I got there Ferox and Drake had been downed ... serious pwnage that I missed hehe. When I did arrive I targeted the Brutix and Crow in my taranis and half way through the Brutix I decided to put my 6km/s Warrior II on the Crow which had the nice effect of making him jump through the gate (musta thought he'd been primaried) hehe.

Had a scary moment as I webbed down the hurricane he neuted my intie and put some hobgobs on me and the crow went for me aswell so I had to orbit him and take damage with all mods switched off til my cap regend when it did I MWDed about 40km away with crow in tail was nearly dead luckily he overshot me I did a u-turn and headed straight back into the melee where I manged to just about warp to a planet. In warp I heard a Domi and Rapier had arrived so I thought that be best time to get me and the loot outta there.

Was really cool flying with all you guys look forward to next time, Amarr

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
    Amarr HM
    Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: March 02, 2008, 07:45:27 PM

POD POD POD get his POD get his POD get his POOOD awesome   smiley
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 07:47:03 PM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
    Darkin Ranova
    Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: March 02, 2008, 07:58:45 PM

Here are the vids I did.

1080p WMA

420p WMA

Bhodi - I forgot all about virtualdub. I haven't messed with videos since WoW came out and mostly wanted to see what WinMM had to offer but you may be hearing from me sometime in the future.
    I'll have to give virtualdub a try with creating a avi version as WinMM estimates it at over a gig.
    Slayerik
    Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #90 on: March 02, 2008, 09:22:59 PM

Nicely done Darkin :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
    MahrinSkel
    Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #91 on: March 02, 2008, 10:19:43 PM

Just FYI: Watch out for HAC's dragging fighters.  Goonswarm used to hit FIX with their frigate swarms, and we learned to set up a carrier or two at a chokepoint assigning fighters to a few (2-4) tanked HAC's or BC's.  They'd jump in, see a few cruiser-sized targets with drones out, and engage, only to realize those drones were fighters and they were facing a small fleet's worth of firepower.  Since they were in cheap ships without the speed to outrun the fighters, they melted pretty quick.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
    Flinky
    Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: March 02, 2008, 11:59:02 PM

Didn't seem to be any pictures of the gate camp without any windows, so I'll put up the only two that came out alright.

Going to Grandma's house:

http://www.filedump.net/dumped/200803012057431204531856.bmp

"Oh please, oh please, oh please....."

http://www.filedump.net/dumped/200803012052481204532487.bmp

Proud member of the Gnome Brigade.
    Falconeer
    Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #93 on: March 03, 2008, 02:57:45 AM

Great vids, really. I am so proud of being there somewhere pointing and webbing. And huge huge props to Hoax for his writeup. Emotional and cool, I'd sign up with Bat Country again if I weren't in it already.

ajax34i
    Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 03, 2008, 07:26:03 AM

It sucks that I missed this, but RL prevented me from logging on pretty much all weeked.  Grats to everyone, looks like the whole thing was awesome fun.
    Phildo
    Contributor

Reply #95 on: March 03, 2008, 07:56:50 AM

I have most of my Saturdays back this month, so I'll be there next time!
    Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
    f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Frigate Club: 0.0 Camp'n'Roam then Comedy Assault on Delve-March 1st 20:00 Dital  
    Jump to: