Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Queueing Fixed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queueing Fixed  (Read 7177 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 30, 2008, 09:38:38 AM

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=334

Greetings!

Your feedback is very important to us and it’s always our goal to make your play experience an even more enjoyable one.

In response to popular demand, you’ll now be able to queue for all of the scenarios available in your current tier, across all three pairings. For instance, if you’re in Nordland, you can queue for the Nordenwatch scenario as usual. You can also queue up for Khaine’s Embrace (the Tier 1 scenario in the High Elf vs. Dark Elf pairing) and the Gates of Ekrund (the Tier 1 scenario on the Dwarf vs. Greenskin pairing), all without leaving Nordland. No travel is required at all; just click the WAR symbol on your interface as you normally would, and use the arrows at the top of the window to scroll through the different scenarios.

We know many have been waiting for this feature and we have a lot more great additions coming on the horizon. We look forward to your continued feedback as we work to take WAR to the next level…WAAAGH!!!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 09:40:10 AM

God dam. That sweet. Some of them suck, some i really like, having to interrupt my quest lines, to go somewhere to Que up, was annoying.

Mythic +1

EDIT: Confusion, was this in the last patch, or coming soon?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:42:28 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:42:37 AM

This should have been an option right from the beginning.

Too bad I still have to fly around to hand in RvR kill quests...

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:44:47 AM

This should have been an option right from the beginning.

Two weeks in is pretty damn close.  I think this gives me some sign of hope that they may start implementing other changes as well.  Then again, hope dies hard in MMO's.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Wershlak
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 09:45:54 AM

Can you queue for all three and join the first one that pops up? Or can you just queue for any of the three?
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 09:54:43 AM

It works. I'm queued for all 6 in tier 3 right now. You can queue for whichever you want.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 10:43:43 AM

Back in the day, we used to have to run great distances and pay to fly to join other queues. I hope all you nooblars enjoy the welfare queues that you're getting after all our hard work.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 10:47:59 AM

Well, I can mark another bitch I have about the game off my list. 

This is awesome news.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 10:49:33 AM

Wouldn't you still want to run to the appropriate war camp so you can get the quests for that scenario?
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 10:52:44 AM

Wouldn't you still want to run to the appropriate war camp so you can get the quests for that scenario?

The rewards are so small (3000 xp for both quests at tier 3) it is probably more efficient just to keep doing what you are doing than run all over the place trying to turn in quests.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 10:54:27 AM

No. You run to the warcamp appropriate to whichever scenario is most popular for that tier, get those quests, and then enjoy a little variety every rare time you happen to get a different one.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 11:00:12 AM

No. You run to the warcamp appropriate to whichever scenario is most popular for that tier, get those quests, and then enjoy a little variety every rare time you happen to get a different one.

This... the less enjoyable scenarios are still fun when done in moderation (and with people that know what they should be doing). 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 11:01:18 AM

If the warcamp quests scaled to your level they'd be great, as it is once you level past the middle of the teir they are a waste of time. You're better served spending your downtime doing level appropriate quests or farming mobs/pq's

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 11:43:27 AM

Tier 3 pops within a minute now.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 12:24:03 PM

This has me so excited. I also think we'll be seeing people mixing zones alot more now. Before I wasn't going to Elf and Dwarf zones as much because scenarios popped more in the Empire zone.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 12:39:17 PM

Le awesome and so needed.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 12:53:07 PM

Well i guess that ends my confusion then. Nice update.

But, i can never seem to find any patch notes, and the ones in my launcher are tiny tiny fonts that they haven't seemed to fix yet.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 01:05:31 PM

notes/english/readme

"Me am play gods"
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 01:07:15 PM

notes/english/readme

On my hard drive? I was hoping for some online somewhere.

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 01:16:25 PM

Sorry,  I am not sure what Mythic's problem is.  You'd think because they have no forums they'd be a more talkative on the Herald.

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 01:18:01 PM

Sorry,  I am not sure what Mythic's problem is.  You'd think because they have no forums they'd be a more talkative on the Herald.

Maybe there will be something in the Grab Bag!  awesome, for real

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 05:02:29 PM

Tier 3 pops within a minute now.

And it's always murderball in the volcano, which has to be the DUMBEST map design ever conceived.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 05:32:48 PM

All 6 T3 scenarios are Tor Anroc, right?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Seanzor
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 05:45:02 PM

All 6 T3 scenarios are Tor Anroc, right?
Actually, that's right.  Unless you count the Talbec Dam, which *is* the worst PvP instance design ever conceived.
The others are either awful and almost never pop (graveyard, CTF), or never pop (temple, other dwarf one).

That said, getting an average of ~22k xp per Tor Anroc (factoring in horrible losses where I only get 8k and sweeping wins where I get 37k - those include quests, of course), which takes about 8 minutes +1 minute for a queue; hard to complain about that.

Unless, of course, you're not a Bright Wizard or Archmage : /

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 05:54:12 PM

I played Back Fire Chasm last night. Good simple capture the flag, at even distance from each point. And a murderball which doesn't add points but adds 25% damage bonus to the one hlding it.

Good fun, and decent xp for both the win and the loss. 17k/1k xp/rp for the win 8k/1k for the loss
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Queueing Fixed  
Jump to: