Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 324 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  (Read 2929600 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6720 on: June 13, 2012, 07:16:31 PM

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6721 on: June 14, 2012, 06:59:20 AM

I've found my new favorite flower.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6722 on: June 14, 2012, 07:34:57 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6723 on: June 14, 2012, 07:40:55 AM

Hahahahahaha.  Brilliant!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6724 on: June 14, 2012, 07:57:57 AM

But really, fuck Chrome. I actually use it at work, but it's such a piece of crap about doing things behind your back without much in the way of controlling it short of crippling it to uselessness.

Trying to lock down Win7 and 10.7 and I was hoping to use Chrome now that we're implementing time management which reboots the computer after each session, thus wiping any changes....since you also can't disable history in Chrome. After the issues scripting Safari to run in private browsing mode for similar reasons, blech. But no, Google, you can't just arbitrarily run cp and rsync on a computer that wipes changes.

Firefox is still the best browser imo (with noscript, of course).
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6725 on: June 14, 2012, 08:23:32 AM

Chrome is pretty bad, yeah. No true adblock kills it for me.

Firefox supremacy.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #6726 on: June 14, 2012, 08:50:44 AM

Firefox needs a goddamn msi badly though.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6727 on: June 14, 2012, 01:44:32 PM

Chrome beats the shit out of Firefox in every way possible for me.  Just runs so much better.  I still us it randomly, and its OK, but I've been using chrome pretty exclusively for years.  Everything just works great on it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6728 on: June 14, 2012, 09:06:44 PM

Firefox for life. I only use Chrome to upload Youtube videos because Firefox likes to crap out when doing so for some reason.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #6729 on: June 14, 2012, 09:17:06 PM

The only thing that ever tempts me to go back to Firefox is the multi-row tabs.  But every time I go back to it, the comparative lack of stability and speed sends me back to Chrome.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #6730 on: June 14, 2012, 10:32:33 PM

I find Opera sits comfortably between the extremes of "bloated and runs like ass" and "probably doing things with my data I'm vaguely uncomfortable with". I've never used any ad or script blocky stuff though so I don't know how it compares there.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #6731 on: June 15, 2012, 02:52:44 AM

Really? A browser debate?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6732 on: June 15, 2012, 04:36:38 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #6733 on: June 15, 2012, 05:08:40 AM

BRILLIANT!

5 points for Ravenclaw

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6734 on: June 15, 2012, 05:28:16 AM

I find Opera sits comfortably between the extremes of "bloated and runs like ass" and "probably doing things with my data I'm vaguely uncomfortable with". I've never used any ad or script blocky stuff though so I don't know how it compares there.
Opera is literally the most popular browser in Russia for some reason so any good extensions are Russian-made.

There's built in element blocking but it's kinda lacking IMO, and you can download adblock-like lists and use those if you know how/where to put them in. There's an Adblock plugin but I dunno if it's a "true" adblock or not.

Opera DID pretty much pioneer a lot of the features browsers have nowadays, like tabs, mouse gestures, etc. I've used it off an on for years but it's never been able to render everything correctly. I don't think it has hardware accelerated rendering either.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6735 on: June 15, 2012, 06:53:46 AM

While I personally prefer Firefox, it loses a lot of points for their stupid NEW VERSION EVERY WEEK concept.

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #6736 on: June 15, 2012, 05:09:09 PM

My work is still using IE6...
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6737 on: June 15, 2012, 05:10:37 PM

While I personally prefer Firefox, it loses a lot of points for their stupid NEW VERSION EVERY WEEK concept.

A LOT of points. Chrome updates all the time too but it doesn't make me manually intervene in the process.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6738 on: June 15, 2012, 05:20:33 PM

Blame fucking Google for that bullshit.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6739 on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:18 PM

As someone learning to develop using Firebug and Chrome JavaScript console, Chrome beats Firebug hands down in new user experience.  I think I spent more time in Firebug than I did actually learning to code.  I'm sure it's a powerful tool, but I simply picked up Chrome faster and more intuitively for my use.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6740 on: June 15, 2012, 11:38:42 PM

Opera is literally the most popular browser in Russia for some reason so any good extensions are Russian-made.
Chrome actually took the lead at the beginning of the year.  (Link is just one random page of many for the chart, I'm seeing it all over the internet so assume its true).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #6741 on: June 16, 2012, 03:52:51 PM

This baseball fan has his priorities straight.
The most impressive play of spring training so far came from a fan named Mitch Davie, a Brooklyn, NY native who made an incredible catch during the Atlanta Braves-Toronto Blue Jays game on Friday.
Braves second baseman Dan Uggla launched lost control of his bat and it went flying into the stands.
Davie snagged it with one hand (his beer-free hand)... saved another fan from getting hit... and didn't spill any of his Red Stripe.

The range of emotions displayed in these baseball accident pictures is always amazing.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6742 on: June 16, 2012, 04:17:03 PM

A LOT of points. Chrome updates all the time too but it doesn't make me manually intervene in the process.
Amd that's exactly why I don't like it. I do not like things going and changing things behind the scenes unless I implicitly allow it. And professionally, where we use disk protection software, Chrome is the one piece of software we can't deploy due to that.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6743 on: June 16, 2012, 06:27:48 PM

*teh funnay*

I wish it were nerd hyperbole, but IE has been a pain in my ass for the past few years. It doesn't play well with Windows and my familly tech support guy solution to IE problems is literally installing Firefox.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6744 on: June 16, 2012, 08:23:56 PM

I've had to do that for some of my family members. The trick is to put the Firefox icon where the IE one was on the desktop/Start Menu/etc., and just rename it Internet.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6745 on: June 16, 2012, 08:48:17 PM

This baseball fan has his priorities straight.
The most impressive play of spring training so far came from a fan named Mitch Davie, a Brooklyn, NY native who made an incredible catch during the Atlanta Braves-Toronto Blue Jays game on Friday.
Braves second baseman Dan Uggla launched lost control of his bat and it went flying into the stands.
Davie snagged it with one hand (his beer-free hand)... saved another fan from getting hit... and didn't spill any of his Red Stripe.

The range of emotions displayed in these baseball accident pictures is always amazing.

He grabbed that like a boss.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #6746 on: June 16, 2012, 09:24:33 PM

The awesome part is that this one, like the bat-to-the-face picture also has a father more concerned about himself than protecting his kid.  Look in the bottom left.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #6747 on: June 17, 2012, 01:08:08 AM

The awesome part is that this one, like the bat-to-the-face picture also has a father more concerned about himself than protecting his kid.  Look in the bottom left.
Or maybe he is just good enough with on the fly Ballistics and Trajectory calcs that he knew the bat wouldnt put him or his kid in danger as it was coming in.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #6748 on: June 17, 2012, 06:32:08 AM

The father in the bottom left does kind of looked relax as if he realized it wasn't hitting him or his kids, and was leaning forward blocking off the bats possible trajectory and sitting between it and his kids (if you mean the one with the red hat with black stripe)

I was also looking at how most people of the really old people just don't give a fuck and the bat would be sweet relief for them. The granny in the bottom-middle of the picture in the Nike hat just puts up a karate chop type of pose, the old guy in the bottom right is looking like if the bat doesn't hurt someone he will because they made him piss himself, and the old guy in the upper left who could be Richard Belzer's brother is asleep and the woman on his right just crapped herself. And amidst all the OopsICrappedMyPants users, is one hero who saved others without dropping any of his Red Stripe...Hooray beer!
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #6749 on: June 17, 2012, 06:39:42 AM

Fuck the Florida Gators.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6750 on: June 17, 2012, 08:51:45 AM

Fuck the Florida Gators.  why so serious?

Indeed. But they do have black guys who can catch. Something UGA has failed at over and over again.  Ohhhhh, I see.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #6751 on: June 17, 2012, 08:59:40 AM

All while drinking a Red Stripe, too. 
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6752 on: June 17, 2012, 02:24:59 PM

It is awesome, but isn't that a couple of years old?  That or I'm having some serious deja vu and I need to start playing the lottery again.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #6753 on: June 17, 2012, 02:34:57 PM

That one is from earlier this year. You might be thinking of the guy getting hit in the face, #6 in this handy dandy collage.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6754 on: June 18, 2012, 12:52:26 AM

I've had to do that for some of my family members. The trick is to put the Firefox icon where the IE one was on the desktop/Start Menu/etc., and just rename it Internet.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 324 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  
Jump to: