Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Burn After Reading 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Burn After Reading  (Read 2416 times)
Viin
Terracotta Army

on: September 23, 2008, 10:05:30 PM

Coen Bro's Film starring:

George Clooney
Brad Pitt
John Malkovich
Some Other People

http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/burnafterreading/

Surely someone's seen it .. Any good?

- Viin
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:15:43 AM

I thought this movie was excellent.  Brad Pitt plays his character a little too dumb, but John Malkovich is genius.  Not your typical formulaic movie.  Avoid all spoilers before watching.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 02:04:25 PM

I enjoyed the hell out of it.  I can see it as being a love it or hate it type movie though. 
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 02:49:32 PM

The NY Times put it best, I think. "The Coens in turn have made their careers with impeccable technique and an exaggerated visual style — they sure love their low-angle shots and traveling cameras — but it’s a wonder they keep making films about a subject for which they often evince so little regard, namely other people."

I did enjoy it, though I don't think I would watch it again.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 06:48:45 PM

Wasn't what I expected, had a smattering of very very funny lines.  It was almost a movie to prove that actors matter.  Nothing about it was that interesting if not for most of the cast doing such a good job.  Ditto Malkovich being fantastic.  Some people will hate this.  I enjoyed, but there is no reason to watch this in a theater, save your $$$ and add to netflix imo.  Avoid the fuck out of spoilers though for sure.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 01:48:07 AM

Necro!

Just watched this last night, after only having heard of it recently. Really enjoyed it. Pitt worked well as a doofus. Sure he was hamming it up, but it worked for the character he was playing. Clooney worked well as a douche, and Malkovich was fantastic as well. There were a few unexpected turns, which is also good.

Most American comedies don't work well for me, as they're generally too stupid, (there are some exceptions, of course) but I liked this a lot.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Burn After Reading  
Jump to: