Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:44:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1956551 times)
Trebes
Terracotta Army

Reply #4690 on: March 23, 2009, 09:09:25 AM

My guess is the corps running towers that are holding sov in those systems stayed in Kenzoku for now. 

According to Dotlan, Band of Brothers Reloaded has Sov 3 in Querious.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/DG-L7S

Just for an example. So it looks like KenZoku no longer exists at all. Given the Sov. change history at the bottom of the page, it looks like the alliance name got changed. Which, as I understand it, is unprecedented.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4691 on: March 23, 2009, 09:20:54 AM

And CCP serves to yet again remind us why we all hated Bob/Kenny/BoBR in the first place...  good show. awesome, for real
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4692 on: March 23, 2009, 03:53:02 PM

49- local about to break 1,300 people.  Hopefull we'll have some sort of exciting report here soon.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4693 on: March 23, 2009, 04:56:01 PM

49- local about to break 1,300 people.  Hopefull we'll have some sort of exciting report here soon.

Rape.  Shadoo DD's blues.  Goons own the field.  Beaver runs.
nizar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4694 on: March 23, 2009, 05:03:26 PM

Seems like a large amount of BoB/Kenny/Neo carriers were destroyed - it seemed strategically unsound to keep the carriers repping the station as our fleet started warping in before the bubbles...  Either way they all up and decided to run away and were promptly Doomsday'd by Shadoo I believe.  Great and fun fight.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4695 on: March 23, 2009, 06:17:53 PM

Play by play

Battle properly begins when we cyno in a ton of capitals. And goons log on en masse. We get warp in on enemy dread outside shields and align as we are shooting it up. FC calls dictors to another pos and bubbles shield repping carriers.

Carriers scoot inside shields as our capitals arrive, BS following  late after destroying the dreadnought. (nice tank on that thing)

BS shoot support for a bit then told to concentrate on tower to kill it fast.

Enemy fleet warps in and battle is joined as our dreads remorselessly pound on the tower. Enemy carriers try to find a place inside shields clear of bubbles to cyno out.

(I am primaried by entire enemy fleet and forced to bail)

Enemy fleet bail as tower enters structure.

Tower goes boom. (265 people on the killmail  ACK!)

Carriers inside tower shields die horribly.

Local begins dropping fast as -A- exit to 4-0. We give chase, jump to 4-0 and come back to 49-. Entire remaining enemy fleet arrives as we emerge in our own bubbles.

Brief battle happens. Everyone is ordered out to burn out of the bubbles and be aligned.

We are told to bail. PL arrives with flaming death. Morsis Mihi are unlucky in that elements of their fleet arrives at the same time as the DDs went off.

End of grape
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:24:06 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4696 on: March 24, 2009, 09:56:49 AM

To other news, it seems that an alliance called Stainless has taken two stations in Paragon Soul.
Where did they come from?
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4697 on: March 25, 2009, 05:42:00 AM

BOBR thing headed deep into tinfoil/theorycraft territory, moved over to here.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4698 on: March 25, 2009, 08:55:44 AM

To other news, it seems that an alliance called Stainless has taken two stations in Paragon Soul.
Where did they come from?

Given that the standard model for Russian space-holding alliances, especially since Daira Lyr et al got banned en masse for RMT stuff during the first Delve invasion, is to have one "serious business" alliance and one farmers/pets/probationary alliance, I imagine that Stainless is Stain Empire's auxilliary alliance.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4699 on: March 25, 2009, 01:49:45 PM

49- is once again a huge ball of 1000 people+ lag.  ACK!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4700 on: March 25, 2009, 02:06:26 PM

Reports are over 1300 now.  Caps are committed, much gnashing of teeth to be had all around.  Fights been going on for *hours*.  Hundreds cockblocked at the loading screen.

It will be interesting to see what can be seen once the dust settles.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
nizar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4701 on: March 25, 2009, 02:52:33 PM

Reports are over 1300 now.  Caps are committed, much gnashing of teeth to be had all around.  Fights been going on for *hours*.  Hundreds cockblocked at the loading screen.

It will be interesting to see what can be seen once the dust settles.

Tried several times while cooking dinner to get in game to get into the fight but I'm just getting black screens and boots back to menu - seems like they want me to play the equally buggy Fallout DLC.  Anyone else been able to actually get in?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4702 on: March 25, 2009, 03:38:54 PM

I was in from the start, had to leave for 1 1/2 hour or so, get back and it sounds like the fight is still going strong.   ACK!

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4703 on: March 25, 2009, 03:40:40 PM

We appreciate the feedback from everyone. After reviewing all of these very valid concerns, we were compelled to go back over the information we’d collected in this case and carefully weighed it again against the precedents set in the past. Ultimately, we felt we had no other recourse than to reverse the name change, the key factor being that during this re-investigation we learned that the KenZoku alliance was created several months before the BoB alliance leadership switched hands. That being the case, the name change request was not submitted within a timely manner, as it had been in the legacy cases we were holding up as examples.

We will be contacting the CSM for input regarding our naming policies.

From GM Grimmi in General Discussions.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4704 on: March 25, 2009, 03:44:49 PM

Sounds like GS has lost some dreads one way or another.  System lag caused people logging in to be off grid just sitting in space appraently and Kenny took full advantage of this scanning them down and killing them if I'm understand things right.  (and I'm sure GS would of done the same)  People haven't been able to log into the system for quite some time it sounds like.  Another large battle probably largely decided by the server lag.....ugh.

Hopefully someone will have a full report soon.

*edit* Heh, we have people who have been logged out for a while being reported on grid in caps.  swamp poop
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:30:22 PM by Thrawn »

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #4705 on: March 25, 2009, 05:18:17 PM

I was trying to log in from 2 hours earlier, I had to sit and watch 4 "GET ONLINE NOW!!!" messages from Mittani on jabber while staring at the logging in screen, in retrospect I suppose I'm lucky I wasn't killed.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4706 on: March 25, 2009, 06:26:03 PM

Isn't this system reinforced yet? It's not like it's any mystery where the fights are happening lately.

Witty banter not included.
Dallan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4707 on: March 25, 2009, 08:45:45 PM

Isn't this system reinforced yet? It's not like it's any mystery where the fights are happening lately.

Shadoo tells us that his last reinforcement petition got answered "49-U is reinforced until you tell us you don't need it anymore." The node just had a bad night, I guess.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4708 on: March 26, 2009, 02:27:37 AM

Only Bob Kenny Beaver Kenny really loses, here.

McAAA got a healthy number of capkills to be happy with, and that's all they care about.

The tower is safely replaced, so we hold the current (very favourable: 26-14 or 27-13 I think) tower count, while Kenny has two towers coming out in early US prime that we should have a pretty good chance of taking, taking the tower count to something like 29-11.  So Kenny has one week left to kill almost four times as many towers in 49- as they have managed throughout their old space in the last two months.  If they don't manage that then welcome to sov 3: "let's take down that cyno jammer hey what's that bright light oh crap still at least I've still got half my armour why is the screen going dark ah poop shit I'm in structure wait wtf oh fuck I've never even seen that DD animation oh well back to Catch heh at least PL killed 20 goons."

To clarify, because new towers cannot claim before the 1st April, simply killling nine of our towers and replacing them all would not be enough.  By my sums, they have to kill 14 towers, even if they defend their two that are in reinforced.

Thankfully, we now have more high-end moons than we've ever had, so we can actually replace losses timeously.  We're rich!  Rich as creosote!*  That said, we did actually want those dreads

*Wooster reference you pedantic fuck

---------

In other news:

IRC invaded Red Alliance.  Specifically, they invaded the holy land of C-J6, where the Russians rolled back the LV invasion and where Goons were first given shelter by RA.  This was an unpopular decision on their part, and one apparently timed to cause the Non-Purchased Russians to abort their attack on Tenerifis.  They should not have done such a thing, and will now struggle in their war:

Hey look a titan's worth of capital components.

Goonfleet makes a profit on the day on dreads

Non-goons cut and paste this link into your browser, I think: http://img.waffleimages.com/0ebcf41ead9483c4d91fbd41788c11e220b3ca08/11111.JPG (spot the bunch of capital ships there, too, some in stacks).  There are four or five stations like this, all gone.

we got all their jump freighters, cap parts, ammo, 100+ bs hulls, freighters of compressed minerals.

oh yeah and they had a centralized economy, with everything in now empty corp hangers. I doubt they can logistically operate a war in o.o at this point

dont want to say to much just yet

its not all over

we are hoping these parts which were not in teh corp hanger are in the hands of less loyal irc leadership for their various alilance uses.

with any luck they realize no one has any idea who has what, and just run with what little we couldnt get to.

Again, c&p into your browser for important news summary: http://img.waffleimages.com/6439b33c2a7dd090b3dbea96468a560dc426fa32/325.jpg

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4709 on: March 26, 2009, 03:46:20 AM

One of our towers in 49- that came out this morning at something like 10:00 eve was destroyed. I suppose it would be wrong to point out this counts as ASSCAKES's sole strategic success of a month and a half of effort?

Anyway the second battle last night was pure comedy. People were actually able to log in (I tried to get in but when I finally got in after 20 minutes I had no chat windows, and the battle was largely over at that stage. Apperently I was lucky to get in even at that stage) Lady scarlet was trying to say amongst other things, that DICE never benefited from t20 as he wasn't even playing when they joined (?) and later that the ED corp theft only happened as we needed to replace our dreads from the previous battle! It does seem that the GMs have finally cut her loose from the "no fat jokes" protection as we were happily calling her fat to her face after that nonsense.

Anyway they planted the tower and we warped a HIC onto it to block them from stronting it. They warped in with their fleet at even numbers and largely got murdered. They tried to kill the HIC but when that failed they tried to shoot up our frigs and other tacklers for K/D ratio while we munched on their battleships. One guy told them it was not a good thing for 8 hacs to lock one inty (and fail to kill it) so after a couple of passes it was all over bar the smacking.

BTW it seems that a lot of the people that lost caps will get them rienbursed as they were still in space up to 2 hours after crashing out. Since CCP can detect when people stopped bieng logged in, they have said that if people lose ships after 15 minutes after that time they will get them reimbursed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 04:27:59 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #4710 on: March 26, 2009, 05:11:51 AM

In other news:

IRC invaded Red Alliance.  Specifically, they invaded the holy land of C-J6, where the Russians rolled back the LV invasion and where Goons were first given shelter by RA.  This was an unpopular decision on their part, and one apparently timed to cause the Non-Purchased Russians to abort their attack on Tenerifis.  They should not have done such a thing, and will now struggle in their war:

Hey look a titan's worth of capital components.

Goonfleet makes a profit on the day on dreads

Non-goons cut and paste this link into your browser, I think: http://img.waffleimages.com/0ebcf41ead9483c4d91fbd41788c11e220b3ca08/11111.JPG (spot the bunch of capital ships there, too, some in stacks).  There are four or five stations like this, all gone.

we got all their jump freighters, cap parts, ammo, 100+ bs hulls, freighters of compressed minerals.

oh yeah and they had a centralized economy, with everything in now empty corp hangers. I doubt they can logistically operate a war in o.o at this point

dont want to say to much just yet

its not all over

we are hoping these parts which were not in teh corp hanger are in the hands of less loyal irc leadership for their various alilance uses.

with any luck they realize no one has any idea who has what, and just run with what little we couldnt get to.

Again, c&p into your browser for important news summary: http://img.waffleimages.com/6439b33c2a7dd090b3dbea96468a560dc426fa32/325.jpg

I'm sad because that's the alliance I was working to join. Mind you, I'm still a total newb to the game so I don't feel particularly loyal to anybody but with the IRC heist added onto the BoB maneuver you'd have to think people would start being a little bit more careful in how they have their assets stored/deployed and the permissions associated with them.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4711 on: March 26, 2009, 05:40:11 AM

gobblock rules, good on him.  what's the isk count at for what he stole?

and yeah it sounds like the last two fights in 49- (yesterday, a week and a half ago) both had timezone advantages kicking in-euros were able to play, but americans weren't able to get logged in.   time to login before you go to work so you can join the fighting at 2200-2300 that happens most of the time

regarding sole strategic victory, i've barely been playing but I got on TWO tower kms a day or two ago in eurotime.  i think kenzoku is mistiming as many or more poses as gs is so no progress is getting made despite the probably half dozen or so tower kills so far
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 05:42:37 AM by trevorreznik »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4712 on: March 26, 2009, 05:54:07 AM

I wonder how many corps just go "fuck it" once they try to set up all the permissions and roles. The Corp interface is a rather intimidating thing (even by EVE standards).

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4713 on: March 26, 2009, 06:18:03 AM

and yeah it sounds like the last two fights in 49- (yesterday, a week and a half ago) both had timezone advantages kicking in-euros were able to play, but americans weren't able to get logged in.   time to login before you go to work so you can join the fighting at 2200-2300 that happens most of the time

regarding sole strategic victory, i've barely been playing but I got on TWO tower kms a day or two ago in eurotime.  i think kenzoku is mistiming as many or more poses as gs is so no progress is getting made despite the probably half dozen or so tower kills so far

Both sides have also screwed up in recent days when it comes to setting up new towers to replace enemy towers which have been destroyed.

I suspect logistics is much harder than warping to WWs and shooting what your fleet commander tells you to shoot, so you've got to have some sympathy for the logistics guys. However, they are the ones that ultimately will win or lose this war.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4714 on: March 26, 2009, 06:52:22 AM

Regarding the running total, Gobblock reckons it's about quarter a trillion ISK right now, but it could be more, since he thinks he got a few T2 BPOs.  He has their capital component BPOs, 2-4 BPOs for every racial BS and so on.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4715 on: March 26, 2009, 08:40:15 AM

euros were able to play, but americans weren't able to get logged in.   time to login before you go to work so you can join the fighting at 2200-2300 that happens most of the time

Yeah, people not being able to get in was what swung it for the reds really, and the fact that we were able to log on was what meant we could kill the tower and murder the fleet afterwards. So I think they will be packing the system in the future if they can at all.

As for the other I wasn't trying to suggest you were not killing towers or having successes. Its just the first time in weeks thats the tower count has tracked in any way twords AAA. In general they were killing towers and we were killing more. It actually would have been more, but kenny was allowed to retower a moon after we blew up 2 the other day as we could not be assed dropping a tower, which was a mistake in my opinion. Hence a strategic success, you have been having tactical ones.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4716 on: March 26, 2009, 09:08:40 AM

I wonder how many corps just go "fuck it" once they try to set up all the permissions and roles. The Corp interface is a rather intimidating thing (even by EVE standards).

this is what I was thinking to be honest. I have an alt corp and I experimented with the panel and I wanted to smash the screen. half these successes I think are CEOs just giving up and clicking on all the boxes for everyone out of frustration and rage.

Hic sunt dracones.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4717 on: March 26, 2009, 10:32:01 AM

I think what cracks me up most about Kenny can be summarized in this thread:

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=24761&start=135

/NESW-Shadoo wrote:

And -- let's be honest here, the war is fought in the A/SE/COVEN/ROL lead atm. While KenZoku has made a nice recovery in numbers and form decent fleet with EXE -- they still alone would not be able to match any single other party on the coalition front. 

Sorry, say what?

Ok lets take it this way, system around 1200 around good fight times.
BoB/GBC has pretty much constantly fleet maxed out and support fleet running seperately. Easy 300-350 people if not more.
So if we say systems is roughly 50/50 friendly and hostiles, then I am a little confused on how you arrive to your above conclusion?

If you have taken a look at the capitals brought into system and ready (since we started using them again) you will see 90% are bob/gbc (dunno if AAA has alot elsewhere but havnt seen any major force in 49-u yet).

It is quite a boast saying any single coalition alliance is superior to bob, I would beg the differ and claim that we could take any of the 4 alliance eddz listen above 1on1, but its a rather useless discussion since 1on1 will never happen for reasons we all know.

Again think we come a little offtrack here though.

NESW-Shadoo wrote:
I was simply suggesting that atm, the GBC fleet is one of the smaller parts of the offensive group 

I beg to differ, -A-/SE/RoL has a bit more fleet during the day, but as I have seen it we field the most dreads for the daily reinforcing's.

When it comes to TZ shift (when fights may occur) I see majority of friendlies in system being bob/gbc (although pretty close to equal numbers with -A-/SE/RoL). 

Even after all the shit that AAA and company have done for them, even after they have been completely removed as a territorial alliance they STILL write arrogant posts about how they are the best and completely dismiss their allies.

I just think it must be pathological, they have bought so much into their own rhetoric that they can't conceive that they had their bacon saved by someone else, and even in the precarious position they are, they are perfectly willing to minimize the contributions of others who are keeping them afloat.  The fact that AA is helping this idiots is frankly amazing, they are a lot nicer than I would be in this situation.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:36:27 AM by amiable »
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4718 on: March 26, 2009, 05:47:19 PM

This one really gets me. It's one of the posts from the Hungarian Eve forums crossposted to goonfleet.com.

Originally Posted by Deesnow (Skunk-Works)
Well unfortunately I have to agree. This was already obvious in the second part of MAX, and of course GBC has been watered-down plenty as well.

But one thing I don't understand, is where is kenny's capital fleet.
1. There was a 140-man capital fleet on Monday night, but they didn't use them. BOB alone had that many capitals. Where the hell are they??
2. That 140-man fleet didn't do anything. I sat on my ass for 4 hours for nothing (ok im sure there was some sort of strategy behind this, im just too dumb to get this stuff)
3. There is no plan. Everything is happening ad-hoc. I no longer believe that there are super-secret counterattack plans waiting in the wings. We've been waiting for those for 2 months.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose hope. I'll still go and do what I'm supposed to, but I'm not going to put my hopes in illusions anymore.

Bolded the bit I find most interesting. He did actually believe there was a super-secret plan until now.
Koyochi
Terracotta Army

Reply #4719 on: March 26, 2009, 07:20:23 PM

IRC invaded Red Alliance.  Specifically, they invaded the holy land of C-J6, where the Russians rolled back the LV invasion and where Goons were first given shelter by RA.  This was an unpopular decision on their part, and one apparently timed to cause the Non-Purchased Russians to abort their attack on Tenerifis.  They should not have done such a thing, and will now struggle in their war

Well, as far as I know : RA provoked that attack by putting op some towers in an IRC system, and the 'invasion' of C-J6 was nothing more then a counter attack that went a few steps into RA space, searching for the defensive fleet that RA was organising. There is no timing involved, and hardly even a decision.

-
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4720 on: March 26, 2009, 10:05:42 PM

After tonight Goonswarm are at 27 towers Kenny are at 14. 25 is needed for 51%

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4721 on: March 27, 2009, 04:08:55 AM

IRC invaded Red Alliance.  Specifically, they invaded the holy land of C-J6, where the Russians rolled back the LV invasion and where Goons were first given shelter by RA.  This was an unpopular decision on their part, and one apparently timed to cause the Non-Purchased Russians to abort their attack on Tenerifis.  They should not have done such a thing, and will now struggle in their war

Well, as far as I know : RA provoked that attack by putting op some towers in an IRC system, and the 'invasion' of C-J6 was nothing more then a counter attack that went a few steps into RA space, searching for the defensive fleet that RA was organising. There is no timing involved, and hardly even a decision.

Except that the TITTS guys that got booted have been leaking the forum posts on plans for the invasion from a couple of months ago.  Add to this the fact that the IRC liaison came onto the GF forums and posted in the War Room saying that they got pissed off at RA renters, that it was an invasion, they wanted more space, and why the big deal? and you have pretty clear evidence that this was pre-planned.

As for the "we were searching for their fleet" it isn't usual to scout for a fleet with haulers filled with towers and fuel vOv.

Anyway, all of this is unimportant.  The fact is that IRC/ED timed their attack to happen exactly when RA, Rebellion et al were going to be helping Death take 46-DP from AAA.  This makes them about as big a target as exists, and unless they make up for it in one hell of a spectacular way then they must know that the clock is ticking.  From what the Mitanni is saying I suspect that something very bad is in the post for them.

In other news, we just messed up hilariously badly on some stront timers in 49-.  I'm not sure if it's enough for us to lose sov but I can tell you that if the situation was reversed we'd clear-cut the system.  Forecast for Sunday: biggest ever local count in Eve history.  300-capital hot-drops with two-hour black-screens likely.

Twitter - Endieposts

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #4722 on: March 27, 2009, 04:35:17 AM

this is what I was thinking to be honest. I have an alt corp and I experimented with the panel and I wanted to smash the screen. half these successes I think are CEOs just giving up and clicking on all the boxes for everyone out of frustration and rage.

Seems like a former officer in IRC who had left previously had given priveleges to his alt before he left and the alt was never removed, so he just waited until the invasion (that he had helped plan in the first place) started to pull off the theft. I'm spotty on the details of why they left in the first place, but that's what I gleaned.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4723 on: March 27, 2009, 04:58:59 AM

That seems entirely plausible.

Trying to figure out who has permission for what is another 'fun' part of the EVE corporate interface.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4724 on: March 27, 2009, 04:59:52 AM

Looks like we may just have got veeery lucky here, despite the hilarious chain of events that messed up our stront timing.  It seems that Kenny only managed to reinforce six towers in 49- on broken timers, and by the latest email we have 27 while they have 14.  So if they kill all of ours - a good chance, but not inevitable - and replace them all then we will be 21-20 up.

Their towers won't claim until a couple of days after we get sov 3, so to block that they need to kill a bunch more of ours or else we'll have a couple of days of 20-titans-under-cyno-jammer frolics (if their capfleet is not in-system).

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: