Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:31:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1956687 times)
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4445 on: March 02, 2009, 05:21:32 AM

Does this mean we can roll through Provi now and let loose? :)

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4446 on: March 02, 2009, 05:33:41 AM

Does this mean we can roll through Provi now and let loose? :)

Always could.  It's just frowned upon, as much as goons frown upon anything, which means not so much a frown as a sort of a glint in the eye and a look of bemusement.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4447 on: March 02, 2009, 05:38:31 AM

CVA did not hit a tower.  Silly thing probably ran out of fuel.

Hardin has all the skills maxed out.  I am sure he sets the Alliance up properly and explains roles and function while waiting for the timer.  
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4448 on: March 02, 2009, 06:04:13 AM

Since we now have no need for the hellish corridor of being ganked which was the newperhighway, I imagine that whatever tacit understanding was in place to let us keep sov there is no longer necessary, and the thing was allowed to die vOv

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4449 on: March 02, 2009, 08:20:28 AM

oops wrong thread!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:22:02 AM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4450 on: March 02, 2009, 08:22:48 AM

oops wrong thread!

Heh heh, I saw that ;)

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4451 on: March 02, 2009, 08:30:29 AM

oops wrong thread!

Heh heh, I saw that ;)

Saw what?  Head scratch

& no it wasn't a close up of my genitals.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:33:40 AM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4452 on: March 02, 2009, 03:31:32 PM

On the Scouring of Delve, by now we are down to less than a dozen Kenny towers in Delve's twenty outpost systems, and all are in reinforced, along with a bunch of towers in Querious.  Now we are beginning to focus on non-outpost systems: there are increasing numbers of offline towers (three larges in a single system near TPAR, for instance), but some still have fuel and will be taken down.

In actual fighting, Nync decided to FC a combined AAA/ROL attack on our dreads, in which the hostiles got (and here I am quoting AAA's Gibmundur on their chat channels) "assraped".  Having been told to warp at zero to the primary and stay in place for repping, AAA's pilots (rather less than confident after recent defeats, one suspects) actually warped mainly at ranged optimals and quickly started trying to burn out of bubbles.

Obviously, our killboard shows only our losses (7, of which five were T1 frigates) and according to AAA's own estimates in their chat, only two thirds of their losses at the moment (including 28 battleships, one of them Daira Lir's machariel).  But Nync sperged out and started shouting about AAA's perceived uselessness, got podded and ragequit, at which AAA pilots gave, um, open and honest opinions of his FCing and his role regarding AAA ("<DKOD Jinxed> Sure. However this deserves no respect. But no matter, I will spin my ship in ge- next time he tries to control -a-").

Interesting info on their pilots' willingness to get involved this tim, as well as on relations in their power bloc:

<RAT Ellatan> ok besides nync fucking up we have to look at ourselves
<RAT Ellatan> it took us over an hour to assemble a fleet
<RAT Ellatan> with 70 people from alliance and 140 in alliance chat
<WARH Anton Marx> yeah tbh, I've never seen AAA emo-rage at an FC like that
<DKOD Jinxed> well FC was shit
<DKOD Jinxed> nah.
<DKOD Jinxed> If he can shit talk -a- and leave us in such a mess then I'll shittalk all I need to, dude.

The thread on AAA's forums about whether AAA members care about Kenny dying is interesting, too.  You have a range of opinions from Virtuozzo, Morris Falter, Yalson and maybe 2 others (Sionn Klorgh), and those with access to the thread (which is probably only AAA and Goons/allies) can back me up that most of those are not pro-Goon by any means.  The rest read like CAOD: "goons are shit. they have to die..." and endless more like that, many criticising us for a low, lousy move in the way we took Delve (kinda ironic from our former allies!)

One guy sums up what I suspect a lot of those not in today's fight but present in their alliance channel think:

COL Sovereign - don't care... if they can't help themselves, why should i care about them?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4453 on: March 02, 2009, 04:00:17 PM

i like nync!   he was fcing (with a few others) in the a2- fight where we nailed a half dozen or so caps, but a lot of the time it doesn't go super well when you're trying to fight against large dread numbers and we (-a-) need to get much better at doing that.  note that for the most part, -a- gangs heading over there are just going for ganks on dreads out in force, i doubt kenzoku's leadership is even capable of telling -a-'s leaders when poses are coming out of reinforced

yeah, there's a fair amount of dudes who hadn't fought bob since '07 and thought they were still good for no real reason beyond organizational name inertia
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:43:30 PM by trevorreznik »
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #4454 on: March 02, 2009, 04:00:36 PM

I wonder what they will do about the next bbq. Maybe they can invite everyone else in Jita.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4455 on: March 02, 2009, 05:07:18 PM

In case you missed LC, Band of Brothers Corporation will be hosting the next BBQ.  Ask about it on Eve-O  awesome, for real
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4456 on: March 02, 2009, 06:06:43 PM

Quote from: Morris Falter
Seeing a lot of people saying "I hate goons" but not a lot of good
reasons being given except that they are having a blast on CAOD
ripping it out of a few overinflated egos, who did basically exactly
the same thing a few years ago..
Maybe I'm wrong - but if we'd had an alliance do this to us, and then
we comprehensively fucked them in return, I'd guess there'd be similar
sentiments going on...?
Maybe some of the guys replying here never had to fight GBC in any
serious way, but I know a lot of you have too.. just a little
surprised that collective memories are short on this : p
Just a few examples - the "we're better than you" type shit, bob guys
posting pics of disabled people into threads on caod a few years ago,
a long long time before goons were well known.. you can't express it
better than "what comes around, goes around". I can 100% remember the
bob using every trick they could figure out to get an advantage - was
a formative gaming experience for me personally fighting this lot in
2005 onwards.
I mean, winning is winning, right? Do any of us think putting 100 cap
ships into c3- against KOS was a fair fight... ? The shit posting
about Hachou etc during IAC campaign..? Double doomsdays of provi-blob
through pos shields in F9E..? (holy fuck that was a fun fight just
before too ) Before any of you start to go "we are honourable space
samurai, and honourable space samurai tribe bob need our zen mastery
of bla bla", please bear in mind we have been just as bad in the past,
and lets be honest, it felt pretty good :}
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4457 on: March 02, 2009, 06:14:17 PM

What Morris said, really.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4458 on: March 03, 2009, 11:50:18 AM

Not sure it counts as news exactly, but just noticed FOFF are freshly separated from Executive Outcomes.

edit button addict.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4459 on: March 04, 2009, 05:03:48 AM

From a KenGoku poster on Crapheap:
We aren't trying to wait anyone out, we play to PVP (you know what we have been doing forever now) and right now we can login and get a fight within a couple jumps.

We have had hundreds of billions stolen, countless titans destroyed, our alliance disbanded and the name stolen, our space taken and so much other crap yet we are still right here. Only thing that has been happening is fat trimming and pew pew. Yes pew pew, check our KB and you will see we aren't hiding in PR like the Goons tell their members so they keep camping that station.

BOB isn't going to die period so will NC/PL/Goons stay napped forever even when we don't have space? Are they going to stay on standby in Delve? That would be awesome TBH so there is always a fight when we want one!

Goons will also living in some of the worst space for care bearing, their old space had no NPC stations worth while in range of their home and empire was far away, Delve has it right smack in the middle with only a few jumps to the main systems or to empire.

Also a few times while attacking old Goon space we got to see their strength without the NC/PL babysitting and I must say it was more then amusing. Seeing we out numbered them in their own prime.
That post should be gold-plated and framed as the platonic ideal of the "We didn't want that space anyway/freed from the shackles of POS warfare/roaming wolfpacks" post made by alliances just as the failure cascade begins to kick in.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4460 on: March 04, 2009, 05:26:07 AM

Hundreds of billions?  Haargoth said it was 8, he's holding out.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
mokianna
Terracotta Army

Reply #4461 on: March 04, 2009, 06:01:31 AM

actually, it was not hundreds of billions.. billions have 9 zeros, the actual figure was closer to 8,450,000,000.00   the decimal point confused alot of players
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:04:12 AM by mokianna »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4462 on: March 04, 2009, 06:12:28 AM

Indeed, the bulk of BNC funds were held by directors.  For Father Ted fans that money was just resting in their accounts.

Twitter - Endieposts

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #4463 on: March 04, 2009, 07:26:40 AM

I'm pretty sure he is referring to a previous corp theft, in which a BoB corp lost about 100 bil. They might have moved the bulk of their funds to their director accounts in response to that.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4464 on: March 04, 2009, 07:35:11 AM

Lots of alliances SAY they will not die when space is lost.  Few prove those statements correct.  Will Ken?  Time will tell.  Alliances that do survive tend to change fundamentally.  Again, we will see.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4465 on: March 04, 2009, 08:18:15 AM

Lots of alliances SAY they will not die when space is lost.  Few prove those statements correct.  Will Ken?  Time will tell.  Alliances that do survive tend to change fundamentally.  Again, we will see.

I can not see them surviving much longer. They have already lost the respect and fear from their allies and pets, a lot of whom are publicly posting their lack of fondness for Kenny, whether in public forums or local channels in-game. I guess its better to be loved than feared, ehh Kenny? :)

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4466 on: March 04, 2009, 08:28:23 AM

I have no idea what they'll do, and i would not like to be making that decision for them right now.

They can try to remain and raid/harass Goonswarm.  That will make us better, just as Syndicate did and the south failed to do for us.  The results for them are bleaker.  By obsessing upon Goonswarm and making us the focus of their game they both allow us to "win" and become a new Interdiction: increasingly irrelevant and a subject of humour as they devote themselves to honing newbies' pipe-running skills.

They could try to take space, but they know what will come their way if they do: even if pressure from AAA restricted us to committing only subcaps, PL, TCF and the north would quickly re-NAP in order to defend their targets or, if those are detested, kill both.

They could accept some of our old space at the gift of Thug and Nync, assuming that it was on offer.  Of course, they would be foolish to believe that either individual would stay blue to them a moment longer than they felt it advantageous to be so (if AAA backstabbed Goons, think what they would do to Molle & co!), but the main problem there would be accepting that they are pets, and belong in the second rank of Eve powers when removed from their broken space.

Irrelevance, failure or submission.  Not a great choice.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #4467 on: March 04, 2009, 09:00:27 AM

What's in a name?

Everything in this game. The moment the Band Of Brothers alliance ceased to exist, it was pretty much over. Especially with the problems they have been dealing with for the past year. I think they would have been better of just making BoB alliance instead of making some new-fangled bullshit.

It's like Triumvirate coming back....why not just make a new name? The Goon trolls will call them failures or whatever, but I think it is more of a statement of when you see TRI, many people know what that stands for (usually very good gang PVP, hotdrops, etc). When you see KenZoku....what does that stand for? Kenny. A fuckin' doll.

Basically, they got owned then they owned themselves.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #4468 on: March 04, 2009, 10:17:20 AM

He also got their backup cap fleet of 13 fitted dreads(20 billion), and an entire cache of hundreds of ships and mods.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4469 on: March 04, 2009, 10:18:19 AM

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/verite/20090304.png

I need some help, I can't find Kenzuko anywhere on the map.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4470 on: March 04, 2009, 10:29:05 AM

He also got their backup cap fleet of 13 fitted dreads(20 billion), and an entire cache of hundreds of ships and mods.

So, that's like, 50 billion?  What about the "Countless Titans"?

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4471 on: March 04, 2009, 10:47:29 AM

So, that's like, 50 billion?  What about the "Countless Titans"?

The only people that know how many titans were in build aren't telling, so that's by definition countless, although countless usually implies a huge number.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4472 on: March 04, 2009, 11:01:33 AM

Is Goonswarms old space really THAT crappy that no one has taken it yet?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4473 on: March 04, 2009, 11:14:59 AM

Dammit, where are the Youtube propaganda/victory videos with the scary female computer voice? We need one of those.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #4474 on: March 04, 2009, 11:21:18 AM

You mean like this one?
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #4475 on: March 04, 2009, 11:38:24 AM

Taking space (even undefended) is a logistical nightmare.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4476 on: March 04, 2009, 12:32:24 PM

You mean like this one?

That#s a great one, but it is a year old.  Fishblades did one recently but it was not that great.  I agree with WUA that we need a proper one, and of course I bet Stahlregen and Fishblades both have ones for when we get to announce "Mission Accomplished" (and immediately swap to insurgency-control mode for months.  You see Eve is a lot like Iraq...)

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4477 on: March 04, 2009, 12:33:46 PM

yeah, most of the highend moons had been taken prior to the disbandment of BoB, and when GS moved to delve the remaining few were taken very quickly.  no one cares about the stations because there's already plenty of places to live that are a ton better.  We're slowly knocking stuff down but aren't doing round the clock sieging or aynthing.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4478 on: March 04, 2009, 01:03:42 PM

A couple of battles in Delve today, which ended up the same way as always, with somebody pounding on a combined Kenny/Barbie gang and their shattered remnants scampering back to lowsec.  This time, I don't think they suffered the twin ignominies of losing to a much smaller TCF gang then being camped in by them into a lowsec station, but it wasn't much better.

They have three formups a day, and every time they either refuse to engage or get murdered.  Ship choices reflect this reality.

NMS! Head scratch Head scratch INCOMING GOONFLEET FORUM LEAKS!!!!  Head scratch Head scratch NMS!

Here are internal summaries of the last couple of Kenny gangs:

GBC 1900 Regroup Trip Report:

Formed up in Sakht and A-E with about 110. Picked up 40 EXE Q-H. Burned to PR- to attempt breakout, stupid goon fucks logged in 150 in five minutes again. Burned to Querious where some RZR Caps were possibly vulnerable with a support fleet smaller than our combined fleet. Engaged the RZR support in eastern Querions. Somehow TCF Bridged into the next system and jumped into the fight.

I'd like to take a moment here to note that our opponents have never ever used bridges in this manner before and we had no way to expect that after 19 jumps running around the second we engaged someone there would be a hostile fleet bridged into us. I can't believe it happened and am sure it will never happen again.

ANYWAY.

Losses were about 65, then another 10-20 when caught on out gates during our brave rearward guard action while advancing towards empire and lowsec. Again.

Be on for the 0130 Lady Scarlet 80km sniping hac gang formup as usual. We might kill something this time who knows!

and yesterday's:

yesterday kenny hac gang did this (French-speaking writer so forgive his mangled English):

- they ve formed in sakht at 19:00 (everyday they will do it, they have 3 CTA each day, so be prepared )
- they ve jumped in delve, and run in a-e
- they ve ganked a 'insertname' cap ships at a-e station
- they ve ping ponged between uhkl and z3v, timing our reaction in pr (molle alt was in pr)
- they knew now that they cant break, so run to querious via uhkl/empire pipe
- TCF follow them, even if outnumbered 2:1 (120/140 kennies/barbies, 60/80 tcf)
- fight in querious, raped by tcf
- they run to 49-u and hide in one of the last pos they have
- wait wait wait
- run back to delve/uhkl via querious
- they discover that z3v/uhkl is camped and so they wont be able to go back to a-e
- they run to EMPIRE/losec = 30 jump to go back to sahkt !!!
- they do the XX jumps
- at 3 jumps of sahkt they discover that TCF is already there (titan bridged), so they turn back
- they run away from sakht
- first npc station they docked and logged out in losec

whhooaaahhh impressive roaming gang

not the first time that they re doing this 30jumps path to avoid gatecamp in uhkl
i remember trolling them in local, saying that their FC should remove the option 'safer way/avoid 0.0' in his autopilot setting

I don't know how we will survive in our new home with these constant evil wulfpax~~ evil

Edit: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/verite/20090304.png

Lookit dat Blue Band of Brothers/Kenzoku blob.  Oh wait, you can't...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:08:05 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4479 on: March 04, 2009, 01:35:54 PM

Somehow they are managing to maintain their numbers, though (they're down less than 10% of their peak a few days after the Sov reset).  I think they're waiting for Sov 3, and hoping that TCF, PL, and the other Goonswarm allies will go home, and it will be just them vs. the Goons.  Maybe they're hoping that AAA will stop grabbing for the old Goon space and tag in, or for some other force majeure event that changes the fundamentals.  Frankly I'm amazed they've held their morale this long, the only thing that makes sense is that people aren't quitting because they want to stay with their corps, and the CEO's are too closely bound to split separately.  Or maybe they're hoping for an amnesty that lets them recover more of their wealth from Delve.  How are the fire sales running?

Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: