Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 09:23:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1956543 times)
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3535 on: January 11, 2009, 02:11:13 PM

Yeah we got owned.  Need less PL love in this thread, it's a bit over the top.  Sure you're not all WShatner alts?

You don't get it: this isn't about PL.  It's about what mentioning PL does to Bob members and their pets.  See the above page for evidence.

But it's so much pressure, how can PL possibly live up to the hype?  Cry
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3536 on: January 11, 2009, 02:18:52 PM

But it's so much pressure, how can PL possibly live up to the hype?  Cry

I'm going to be honest with you: take a leaf out of our book and institute a strict "No Dungars" policy.  Then just ride the resulting wave of bonhomie and goodwill as far as you can.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3537 on: January 11, 2009, 02:42:56 PM

If they boot Dungar he won't be able to post on the Goon forums again.  That would make me sad!
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3538 on: January 11, 2009, 02:46:50 PM

If they boot Dungar he won't be able to post on the Goon forums again.  That would make me sad!

Dungar can post?  Fucking hell they won't let me post and I was a goon for years.  Left on good terms too. :mad:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3539 on: January 11, 2009, 02:53:07 PM

To be clear: Dungar is allowed to post, he's just very bad at it.  And thus I am amused.

Should we campaign to get you posting rights? "Free Sparky"?
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3540 on: January 11, 2009, 02:56:23 PM

It's "Berious" ingame, but please do.  Just GBS and Epsilon would be super.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3541 on: January 11, 2009, 03:03:52 PM

Turns out someone already asked on the forums about a month ago.  And Dungar empty-quoted it on your behalf, too!
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3542 on: January 11, 2009, 03:12:08 PM

You're actually Berious, or did you buy his character?

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3543 on: January 11, 2009, 03:16:16 PM

You're actually Berious, or did you buy his character?

The original and best  awesome, for real
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3544 on: January 11, 2009, 05:14:03 PM

A load of Goon dreadnoughtas got blown up in Feythabolis. Whats the story?
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3545 on: January 11, 2009, 05:24:01 PM

A load of Goon dreadnoughtas got blown up in Feythabolis. Whats the story?

That's the story

Witty banter not included.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3546 on: January 11, 2009, 05:29:49 PM

Lots of back and forth between GHZ (Feyth) and HED (Catch) today; NC/KIA made several attempts at HED but got driven off each time (though when I logged they were at it again). In GHZ -A- repped a number of POS before GS had sufficient numbers to get into system, moving their dread fleet to the POS that was being repped by -A-/BDCI carriers. They killed a carrier in triage while -A-/GBC decimated the GS support fleet at the gate.

Dreads killed the POS, ended up bubbled and with nothing to fend off a BS-heavy support fleet decided to Ctrl-Q -- but only after killing the POS. With no active reppint it was just a race against time, about half disappeared and got away. In summary. GS trades a number of caps for breaking Sov3 in GHZ which might have well been worth it.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3547 on: January 11, 2009, 05:41:43 PM

Total cap loss appears to be at around 20.  I lost a megathron at the RIT gate and came back in a frigate to help fend off the dictor swarm around the poor dying dreads.  Incidentally, GBC support failed to pod me twice.

And is SUPERFRIENDS the best name you guys could come up with?  Seriously?
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3548 on: January 11, 2009, 05:47:02 PM

You do not want me to comment on the antics of Jake Noble, do you :) ?

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3549 on: January 11, 2009, 06:19:26 PM

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/962

Looks like the gang was all there - AAA, BOB, SE, and ROL.  Samson was right - 20 dreads, 52 battleships lost for us.

Interestingly, we killed 13 dictors.  Wasn't enough! swamp poop

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3550 on: January 11, 2009, 06:35:29 PM

I would LOVE you to comment on the antics of Jake Noble.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3551 on: January 11, 2009, 08:49:20 PM

Total cap loss appears to be at around 20.  I lost a megathron at the RIT gate and came back in a frigate to help fend off the dictor swarm around the poor dying dreads.  Incidentally, GBC support failed to pod me twice.

And is SUPERFRIENDS the best name you guys could come up with?  Seriously?

Would you prefer they were named The Wonder Twins?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3552 on: January 11, 2009, 08:53:58 PM

"Superfriends" was what people called Tortuga (the super alliance formed by MC, Evoke etc) back in the day. Bob, known for its originality, has pulled the name out to try and insult people and to make some point or other. Which kind of shows that they actually believe their own stereotyping of people. *shrug*

oh..

In GHZ -A- repped a number of POS before GS had sufficient numbers to get into system.

Actually we already had people in system. Which is why AAA had 300 people constantly in system to try and keep the sweet 2.5 to 1 ratio they need to beat terrible players like Goonswarm. So we did a lot of drivebys and shit which was completely successful and killed a hell of a lot of stuff, and only ended because they jumped into the same gate we did due to spies on TS, and some gang members clients went into lockdown (I have fraps of the massive desync I had. You want to see 100 people shooting a ship for 5 minutes? I have the fraps). The "68 in the goon gang" ET spoke of on his post on SHC was when we stood down the gang for an hour and a half.

As for the second battle I was so lagged out I have no idea what went on (I actually received the Insurance mail and cash in my wallet while my ship was still flying around as far as I was concerned). Opposition seemed not to be effected though. *shrug*

Incidentally ET is doing a hell of a lot of talking on every forum imaginable for someone that tells everyone else to "shut up and shoot." I guess getting banned on Russian CAOD for saying things that were completely unacceptable hurt his feelings.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 10:40:55 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3553 on: January 12, 2009, 12:09:33 AM

Actually we already had people in system. Which is why AAA had 300 people constantly in system to try and keep the sweet 2.5 to 1 ratio they need to beat terrible players like Goonswarm. So we did a lot of drivebys and shit which was completely successful and killed a hell of a lot of stuff, and only ended because they jumped into the same gate we did due to spies on TS, and some gang members clients went into lockdown (I have fraps of the massive desync I had. You want to see 100 people shooting a ship for 5 minutes? I have the fraps). The "68 in the goon gang" ET spoke of on his post on SHC was when we stood down the gang for an hour and a half.

Are we talking about the same POS, those that came out way earlier in Euro prime? There were basically no reds in system, and the few GS attempts to get in ended up with 10-20 GS ships dead in bubbled gates at each try. The situation only changed when -A- support raced off for HED and carrier/BS were left on their own for 2h hours later in the day.

When we came back from HED the system was quite red, probably 50-50, and indeed with quite a few GS drive-bys judging from TS.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3554 on: January 12, 2009, 01:43:26 AM

Thanks for the updates, setar. I thought we had to kill 3 towers to break sov in that system, so if you're right then yes, that probably was worth it. Is sov 4 bugged in rit btw? They all seemed to be sov 3 for ages.

Anyway, I said we always start a campaign with the sacrifice of a dread fleet or a supercap, and we have done. Now down to a few months of hard, grinding timezone warfare. It'll b trickier this time than vs bob's last coalition, since we only control about a quarter of the day, but it can't be worse than O0YZ, D2EZ, QY6 or 66- were, and we got them all, eventually.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3555 on: January 12, 2009, 02:38:12 AM

People were saying earlier that we only needed one to break sov 3.  This might be very wrong, though.

Had some fun playing warping games with a few members of -A- this evening but the only one who wasn't alert enough to cancel the gang-warp after accepting an invite to a hostile fleet was in a cerberus and managed to warp off of our POS in time.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3556 on: January 12, 2009, 04:49:51 AM

Are we talking about the same POS, those that came out way earlier in Euro prime? There were basically no reds in system,
and the few GS attempts to get in ended up with 10-20 GS ships dead in bubbled gates at each try.

I don't call the bones of 100 reds "Basically no reds", and the AAA killboard agrees with me.

And what attempts to break in? There were none. There were no convoys up to RIT, as all the goons that were outside the area went off doing stuff in Estoria.

And the drive by began around the time the first Poses came out so I have no idea what you are on about.

Hic sunt dracones.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3557 on: January 12, 2009, 04:57:14 AM

Are we talking about the same POS, those that came out way earlier in Euro prime? There were basically no reds in system, and the few GS attempts to get in ended up with 10-20 GS ships dead in bubbled gates at each try. The situation only changed when -A- support raced off for HED and carrier/BS were left on their own for 2h hours later in the day.

When we came back from HED the system was quite red, probably 50-50, and indeed with quite a few GS drive-bys judging from TS.

When the first POS came out in GHZ, local was 350. About 80 of those were goons. Losses on drive-bys were negligable until that last fuck up.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3558 on: January 12, 2009, 05:12:43 AM

I don't call the bones of 100 reds "Basically no reds", and the AAA killboard agrees with me.

And what attempts to break in? There were none. There were no convoys up to RIT, as all the goons that were outside the area went off doing stuff in Estoria.

And the drive by began around the time the first Poses came out so I have no idea what you are on about.

No idea what you are talking about, really. For about two hours GS groups of 15-20 ships kept trying to get into GHZ. Most of the time they made it back to the gate after getting bubbled, at other times they did not. Fun cat and mouse game.

As for the system: it's supposed to be Sov 4, but seems to be bugged. In other words, CCP might as well throw the dice to decide what happens with sovereignty in the next few days. With NC finally showing up in larger numbers close to Catch I've got no doubt though that you'll eventually break the system, if not this time then in the next few weeks.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3559 on: January 12, 2009, 06:45:20 AM

No idea what you are talking about, really. For about two hours GS groups of 15-20 ships kept trying to get into GHZ. Most of the time they made it back to the gate after getting bubbled, at other times they did not. Fun cat and mouse game.
[/quote]

/Facepalm

Ok I realise you are spinning a line here, but thats the miost rediculous spin I have seen in a while. FIRST look at the system name. GHZ. Second those ships were not trying to break into GHZ and they certainly were not trying to "make it back to the gate". And I have fraps to prove it. Those ships were driving to gates or enemy Pioses shooting at bubbles or ships, and scooting back to their Pos. Yes we were doing highly dagerous hit and run attacks with 4 to 1 odds in local. They even tried to  bubble our way back to our pos and drop a Titan on our fleet. That battle report is when you dropped your entire fleet on ours as we were arriving at a gate. And the AAA Battle report has 300 ships vs 70. The AAA killboard appears to be down but i;ll post a link to the report later where you can see when all the shiops died and it was within minutes of one another.

Again your drivel about 20 guys trying to break in and running back to the gateis a damn lie. And I'll upload the fraps tonight and prove it

The drivebys you were talking about were not drivebys. THAT was us walking up to the gates and shooting out the bubbles with no opposition, becasue 50/50 odds in local is just too scary to face terrible players like Goonswarm without your buds in BOB giving you that 2 to 1 advantage. We literally went from gate to gate casually shooting down down while AAA sat in their poses casue, you know, even numbers. Facing even numbers is not for elite pvpers you see. And yes I've fraps of doing that too complete with the timestamp in the corner.

I dont ever release a movie before its ready but I'll make an exception in this case as by God you have got me angry. You won the battle. Why the hell do you have to spin it with blatent lies? The movie wont be up tiill tomorrow as uploading stuff takes me hours and I'm at work now.

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3560 on: January 12, 2009, 07:06:00 AM

I made you angry by providing you with the pilot's view from the other side, with no access to the command channel? Well, that was easy. Wonder how angry you'd get if we'd abuse game mechanics to save 20+ capitals.

You know what? Don't rush that movie, I'll take your word for your version of the events. Glad to hear that you had fun, and the best part? I can do that without raging all over the place like a little child throwing a tantrum because his PvP skills are being misunderstood. The 'GS are terrible PvPers' meme is really, really getting old.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3561 on: January 12, 2009, 07:17:57 AM

I made you angry by providing you with the pilot's view from the other side, with no access to the command channel?

You dont have to be in the command channel to see that they guys you are claming are trying to break in and running back to the gate are 150kms off the gate and aligned out.

II can do that without raging all over the place like a little child throwing a tantrum because his PvP skills are being misunderstood. The 'GS are terrible PvPers' meme is really, really getting old.

Now look who's having the tantrum. I guess getting caught out in blatent lying is painful for some people.

And as for the ctrl Q it didn;t stop your best buds BOB doing it the second time Shrikes titan died in order to save their cap fleet from annihalation (which it failed to). Nor did it stop AAA in EPROS when they were assaulting it, in order to save their battleships. And it didn't bother me those times, so hey.

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3562 on: January 12, 2009, 07:44:34 AM

Ah yes, blatant lying. Mother of all assumptions. See, the wonderful thing about battle reports is: both side provide theirs, learn from the other side where they've gotten something wrong, and correct each other. Those not involved walk away with some fun stories and usually a somewhat balanced idea of what might have happened.

It's a shame that some people take the game so seriously (Goons, of all people!) that they constantly have to revert to insults and are apparently unable to separate events in the game from the players behind the keyboard.

My view is above: constant aligning to the gates, a change of local around 5-15, warp to the very bubbled gates and a short shootout. Being in a Claymore guarantees I'll arrive last when there's usually only pods left which kinda makes it hard to see the alignment. At least three times inties chased through the gates to try and catch ships on the other side -- but that might have well been coincidence, or pods making a run for it to get replacement ships.

Here's a suggestion: you provide your view, I do the same for BDCI (who, btw, are anything but best buds with BOB ;) ), sans the yelling at each other.

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3563 on: January 12, 2009, 08:30:20 AM

Here's a suggestion: you provide your view, I do the same for BDCI (who, btw, are anything but best buds with BOB ;) ), sans the yelling at each other.

Hey, I didn't catch on that you were BDCI.  I just started listening to Winterblink's podcast.  It's pretty good.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3564 on: January 12, 2009, 10:56:19 AM

It's a shame that some people take the game so seriously (Goons, of all people!) that they constantly have to revert to insults and are apparently unable to separate events in the game from the players behind the keyboard.

That's just T. We let him off his meds recently.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3565 on: January 12, 2009, 12:01:05 PM

Did sov flip in GHZ-SJ today?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3566 on: January 12, 2009, 01:23:01 PM

I was only half joking about not having too many people arguing in here.  This War thread lasted for almost two years as a war news thread, and the fact that we have so many goons here is going to be a bit of a problem for letting others (like setar) state their version of events. 

Yes, there are two (or more) versions of events and their importance, and a degree of analysis is cool.  But we've traditionally not bothered with killboard stats (which are, as everyone knows, the purest pish in anything but 1v1 alliance fights where both have set up their KBs to harvest their pilots' kills/losses through the api), and we've kinda agreed to differ on the importance of K/D, which tends to be accepted (though often used) as a source of light-hearted trolling, since each side's view is so different.

The last thing we want is CAOD or Crapheap challenge, and I really do want to hear the views of others.  Those of us who have been Goons for a long time can see the usual pattern in how this is playing out, and are pretty relaxed about what is going to happen: there really is no need for us to hurf blurf about every tactical engagement that we get hammered in (and, if 0OYZ, D2, 66-, 9-9 and every other campaign is anything to go by, there will be a lot of hammerings to be suffered!)

I'm interested, setar, in whether BCDI are there as mercs, for territorial control, or for a kinda mixture (having been offered land for troops).  It's been pretty clear to everyone since the Russian CAOD leaks what AAA are there for, and everyone knows why Bob are here (last chance saloon); Atlas are presumably chasing their elusive promised land again, and the rest of the GBC are there because they are told to be.  Stain have been trying forever to get chunks of Esoteria.  But BCDI's motivation has eluded me, especially as (like you say) they got fucked over by Bob so badly before.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3567 on: January 12, 2009, 02:09:46 PM

I can see how setar thought it was goons INBOUND rather than pods OUTBOUND, as the ongoing 150km warps to the gate ALWAYS had 5-20 goons warping TO the gate, right into the bubbles, and getting killed when everyone else warped out.

I for one, had a very atmospheric "Battle of Endor" moment as my Rifter engaged a hostile Wolf at 2km right in amongst 20 Goonswarm Dreadnoughts firing all guns at a 200+ enemy battlefleet with about 20 hostile interdict ors dropping bubbles all over the place with multiple enemy ships shooting me, and seemingly missing because I only had an afterburner on, despite dozens of missile explosions going off at my location.

GBC forces intellegeny attritied our support fleet, and broke it's back at the gate while our Dreads were engaging the tower. By the time the support fleet was ordered to rescue the dreads, it was too late and not enough ships were left alive to kill all the dictors in time.  By that time all the rifters were gone from the supply pool and I ended up in a Merlin with 2 rail guns I couldn't shoot (I have since corrected that skill).

I don't understand why the contrl-Q order was given, far as I can tell we lost all the dreads bar 1 anyway. Goonswarm +ZAF lost the fight fair and square from my ant-sized view of the battle.  A win is a win, and despite losing the tower (which was the primary objective), killing 20 caps for less than 10 BS losses is a substation al victory for the GBC forces.

Did Sov change? AFter all, that was the whole point of the excersie. Will we know in 6 days?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 02:13:16 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3568 on: January 12, 2009, 02:16:26 PM

About half the caps got out. There were some carriers on the field too.

Looks like the battle of LBC tonight will end with node death.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3569 on: January 12, 2009, 02:20:25 PM

Comstar, you saved a lot of dreads that way -- my guess would be at least 15, unless they got killed when logging back in. I do not know whether an active tank combined with the dreads (particularly the Moros) removing the BS would have dented the DPS enough to cause a stalemate at some point -- but that's theorycrafting. I'll look into the sov change once I get home, but my current best understanding is that -A- has two more days to remove some of the GS POS. Given how that changes on a daily basis your guess is as good as mine.

Endie, I saw your question earlier and didn't mean to ignore it. At the same time I do not want to influence ongoing talks, I'll provide some feedback on why BDCI is there in a week or two. At the end of the day we are a very minor factor given the numbers involved. Personally speaking I also have no doubt that GS will easily survive this even _if_ exhaustion sets in among the NC and they withdraw at some stage. What I like, as an outsider to -A-, is that they've set some goals and are trying a campaign they've never done before. Many aspects seem to be a learning experience, but they are still getting good attendance and seem to be enjoying the show -- and that's all I can really ask for in a game that requires player actions to generate content.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: