Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:11:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1970898 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5845 on: August 07, 2009, 10:09:30 AM

In a further sign of ATLAS's confidence in their allies, they are now ejecting out of their own ships and podding themselves out of the system to escape the trap they have laid on themselves (they bubbled the exit gate with 4 bubbles and now don't dare try and leave).

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5846 on: August 07, 2009, 10:48:33 AM

One benefit of capswarm is getting to read running commentary about these ops from work. This was an astonishing cop-out by atlas. Scorched earth called a cta for it, but only fifteen minutes before the first tower came out, and from a disgruntled corp director. The ceo and alliance directors were nowhere to be seen.

Also, scorched earth have lost five hundred members this month already. Only two of the original ten corps are left.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5847 on: August 08, 2009, 11:34:32 AM

I thought about ignoring this thread due to Sir T's constant nerdrage coupled with twisting the history until it matches the theme of the day. Not to mention his charming ways:

dumbass

But instead I'll bite one final time before moving on and just ignoring a single poster. Trev already dealt with most things, but since "GS doesn't do CTAs, and were knee-deep in Delve and could not help RA"... right:

Tuesday 0300-0700EVE - RA badly needs our help

As of downtime today, C-J goes neutral. All RA POS's have been destroyed, and the sovereignty will flip hostile in about 4 days.

RA has requested that we maintain control Tuesday morning so that they can evac a ton of shit into a neighboring system. Without our help, they will have a lot of assets trapped there. Atlas+Friends have been camping them in non-stop, and we are their last hope to free their shit. We will be forming up in Rens (8-8 has an office and a market). Watch out for war decs if moving shit around. Treat empire like 0.0.

Fleet BS > Dictors > Heavy Support > Support

This op is reimbursable

Reimburseable op with a fixed time -- after the last of Kennys POS died, btw -- and location and an order for specific ship types. I kinda call that a cta.

Going back to Atlas, the only good reason I've heard so far is fear of being hotdropped. Given the recent NC/PL battle we all have a good idea just how many caps can show up on relative short notice, but that doesn't explain why they keep forming up (unless they think they can get eyes on hostile cap fleets before committing). Which reminds me, UAXDeath seemed quite irritated about NC and PL playing with each other. Would have loved to get more than just some IRC snippets on his thoughts. Truth is, in the end fights like this benefit both sides. The money is not an issue, maybe a week of income for any of these entitites, if that. And the logistics required to restock is more than made up by the experience gained in a large battle like this, both by pilots and FCs.

As for KIA.. I don't know whether it's just individual pilots or there's been any order, but at least some folks are removing assets from TN25. Doesn't make sense as TRI clearly isn't interested in the region and couldn't hold it anyway with reds in Delve/Q. And as Eddz keeps pointing out -- GS have requested KIA not to fight TRI or undock, but would come back IF it turned into a fight for stations. And the last fight did see a fair amount of GS and Rebellion pilots in the area as support (who are Rebellion, by the way?)

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5848 on: August 08, 2009, 11:52:24 AM

GS genuinely does not do CTAs in the meaning that the rest of Eve means them.  We don't do mandatory operations, and nobody will care if you don't throw up.  It's not a CTA, it's simple a place where you can go if you want a fight.  Only hurf blurf faggots like me care enough to see them as in any way binding :D  To someone outside the GS culture that may seem like semantics, but a genuine CTA would risk a trollstorm from Epsilon.

Rebellion are an RA spinoff, and they are kinda like Tri without the spies and the terrible attitude: they've traditionally lived out of NPC space and they love fast ships.  They are the ones that have Daroh as their leader: when ROL's purchaser bought Evil Thug and his alliance for cash, he also offered cash to Daroh.  Daroh responded by posting a picture of himself with beer in hand giving the finger to the camera, with the message "Rebellion supports Goons and TCF!"  That willingness to see friendship as more important than cash means that Daroh and Rebellion are pretty popular with Goons.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5849 on: August 08, 2009, 12:04:08 PM

I thought about ignoring this thread due to Sir T's constant nerdrage coupled with twisting the history until it matches the theme of the day. Not to mention his charming ways:

Bolded for comedy

dumbass

But instead I'll bite one final time before moving on and just ignoring a single poster. Trev already dealt with most things, but since "GS doesn't do CTAs, and were knee-deep in Delve and could not help RA"... right:

Reimburseable op with a fixed time -- after the last of Kennys POS died, btw -- and location and an order for specific ship types. I kinda call that a cta.

Nice work moving the discussion from the timeframe we were talking about, which I must remind you was while the delve war was continuing, to right after after the Delve war was won, at which point we were free to come help. And we did. With the initial 50 people that turned up for GFFL. You see people were free to ignore that op if they wanted to, and most people did. Some "CTA" eh?

Nice work ignoring the rest of what I posted which kind of showed you were dead wrong.

Which reminds me, UAXDeath seemed quite irritated about NC and PL playing with each other.

Not really. He calls them morons on a good day. But hey, all the NC etc have been at one another throats and about to break into warfare according to your selective interpretations for a year now, when you don't find it necessary for them to be in one homogeneous naptrain that moves as one.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:06:29 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5850 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:09 PM

Then I've got a different definition of CTA -- to me it means an announced op, usually with someone volunteering to FC in advance, and set objective. As opposed to 'everyone grab a HAC, we are going roaming'.

Rebellion -- interesting. Just heard a number of groups being impressed by their gangs. Always good to have entities like this around, no matter which side they are flying with.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5851 on: August 08, 2009, 12:08:54 PM

Then I've got a different definition of CTA -- to me it means an announced op, usually with someone volunteering to FC in advance, and set objective. As opposed to 'everyone grab a HAC, we are going roaming'.

Rebellion -- interesting. Just heard a number of groups being impressed by their gangs. Always good to have entities like this around, no matter which side they are flying with.

Yeah, in your definition of CTA then we do, indeed, do them.

And Rebellion is pretty much the reason that the stay-behind, worthless goons haven't already lost delve to tri.

Twitter - Endieposts

rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5852 on: August 08, 2009, 12:21:53 PM

I thought CTAs was shit like what Atlas does, 100% tax rate + threatening to kick out people online who aren't in gang. We don't do that

also i don't know anything about KIA or their history, why does everyone on the fag side of eve seem to hate them
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #5853 on: August 08, 2009, 12:26:31 PM

We just call a posted, planned, FC-staffed fight an op.  What do you call a thing like rand just described?

Witty banter not included.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5854 on: August 08, 2009, 12:41:22 PM

stay-behind, worthless goons haven't already lost delve to tri.

Im not worthless, I just suck. why so serious? Also i've been showing tri the proper way to get stealth bombers blown up

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5855 on: August 08, 2009, 01:50:36 PM

also i don't know anything about KIA or their history, why does everyone on the fag side of eve seem to hate them

Actually, I kinda like KIA. They were among the first entities to recognize the GS potential (way back when KIA was on contract for GS); and within the Tortuga environment all their leadership was reasonable, honest, and stuck around 'till the end.. although Eddz titan in built certainly had something to do with that. I think it's a combination of KIA claiming to be Mercs for too long, and the way they decided to grow irritates a lot of folks. That, and that they probably are in no shape to hold 0.0 on their own in their current sad state.

(Note: hold 0.0 on their own when attacked by entities roughly their size. No small alliance can survive these days in 0.0 unless backed up by one of the power blocks)

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #5856 on: August 08, 2009, 06:33:40 PM

What does CTA actually stand for? I always thought it meant "mandatory" but never bothered to find out what it actually meant.
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #5857 on: August 08, 2009, 06:46:08 PM

What does CTA actually stand for? I always thought it meant "mandatory" but never bothered to find out what it actually meant.
Call To Arms, I believe.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5858 on: August 08, 2009, 07:00:21 PM

the reason a lot of people find kia annoying is that kiaeddz is insanely hard to talk to.  he has a good heart but he's one of those guys who sends ims/chats one word per line, and seems scatterbrained a lot of the time.  on a different note, kia's the reason gs was able to take over the last few geminate stations (kia gangs downed jammers when goons couldn't, i'm not kidding because those were the last real ops outside of pipecamping ones i ever led)

ctas vs ops-i don't know anyone that uses the word 'op' besides goons and maybe nc/pl?  I'm not sure who does the mandatory red pen type of stuff-atlas seems to, -a- does on the strategic ctas, but a horn of goondor op is pretty obviously a cta, and most 'strategic ops' are also ctas, unless your definition of cta is that it requires all active members showing up.   the whole cta/op argument is just a way of goons showing they don't take spaceships as seriously as everyone else, when in fact most of them do
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #5859 on: August 08, 2009, 07:17:23 PM

Well I dunno, when someone posts an op you go along or you don't go along and nobody knows or cares if you're there or not, so whether that's a CTA or not is a matter of opinion I guess.

Trevor is right though, Goons do take Eve very very seriously. Darius blew the horn of Goondor once during the Delve invasion and I was never the same.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #5860 on: August 08, 2009, 07:18:39 PM

besides goons and maybe nc/pl

not many people then
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5861 on: August 08, 2009, 10:26:07 PM

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #5862 on: August 08, 2009, 11:04:06 PM

Illegible font FTL.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5863 on: August 09, 2009, 01:49:56 AM

You can just follow the pictures- Elephants are Titans, Horses are Motherships. Barrels are labelled stront, and towers and towers.  SirMolle is the either on an elephants, or standing next to a dead one. Also, Trevor makes an appearance at one point! I don't think anyone else who posts here does, so congratulations TR.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 05:09:18 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5864 on: August 09, 2009, 04:01:59 AM

There was a nice dust-up in 319 about 30 minutes ago.  TRI had reinforced a Goonswarm R64 moon and ROL, -A- and Atlas showed up to assist them.  Meanwhile, KIA, ZAF and Rebellion showed up on the Goonswarm side.  Goonswarm had a numerical advantage as well as early system superiority with TRI's staging POS, the NPC station and all the gates into system heavily bubbled and defended.

TRI began the fight by baiting Goonswarm into a cap fight on the station but no ships were lost as TRI didn't siege and docked as soon as anything got into trouble.  In the meantime -A- and ROL popped into system from D-3 where they were surprise-sexed by two titans and lost about 30 ships.  After that there were a handful of sub-cap engagements resulting in Goonswarm holding the field and successfully re-stronting the POS.  Allied casualties were minimal as well.

Was my first fleet fight in a while and thoroughly enjoyable, plus we got to see a new Goon titan in action.

Goonswarm KB battle report.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5865 on: August 09, 2009, 06:39:14 AM

319 station is bubbled up as we speak.

Hic sunt dracones.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5866 on: August 09, 2009, 06:57:58 AM

319 had been swarming with tri for at least the past week, they were all over there when I was in for the free 5 days.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #5867 on: August 09, 2009, 05:03:53 PM

Yeah, they've been using 319 as a staging post for their attacks on KIA. We haven't done much about it until now because most of our PvP pilots have been off in the foreign legion fighting Atlas pets.

We have *tried* to do something about, just failed. However, the foreign legion has come home for a bit, so that's changed.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5868 on: August 09, 2009, 05:11:28 PM

tri is retarded, the only reason gffl came back is because they started hitting towers

they could easily kill KIA or at least severely damage morale by constantly fagging up their space with roaming gangs/cloaakers and doing to them what blops is doing to scorched earth, without touching a single POS
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5869 on: August 09, 2009, 06:11:58 PM

I'd argue that KIA is retarded. There was no danger to their space whatsoever, even IF Tri ended up killing a few POS. It's not like they can move in and ask for standings with GS.

So instead of using Tri as a sparring partner to work on tactics and getting their new corps up to speed they bowed to GS requests to not undock in an attempt to bore Tri out of their mind. Which of course meant raising the stakes, POS warfare.. meh. With ZAF and Rebellion they would have had more than enough pilots to simply enjoy tons of skirmishes and fleet fights.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5870 on: August 09, 2009, 06:19:30 PM

ZAF hasn't been in Period Basis for a few weeks, they were mostly out east as I understand it.  And what TRI was doing to KIA was pretty effective, psychologically.  They had demoralized most of KIA by constantly routing KIA fleets and camping them to here KIA couldn't get anything done.  I don't think they had many options at that point, though I do agree that deciding to avoid fighting at all is probably the wrong decision.  I've been in that situation myself in a previous alliance and it pretty much ruined things for me when the alliance executor said we weren't allowed to engaged hostile roaming gangs.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5871 on: August 09, 2009, 07:31:30 PM

I'd argue that KIA is retarded. There was no danger to their space whatsoever, even IF Tri ended up killing a few POS. It's not like they can move in and ask for standings with GS.

So instead of using Tri as a sparring partner to work on tactics and getting their new corps up to speed they bowed to GS requests to not undock in an attempt to bore Tri out of their mind. Which of course meant raising the stakes, POS warfare.. meh. With ZAF and Rebellion they would have had more than enough pilots to simply enjoy tons of skirmishes and fleet fights.

Bull.

Tri were hitting jammers and towers from day one. When they finally went all out this weekend it was in an organized op with AAA, ROL and Atlas. This was a planned invasion.

Tri were camping KIA in. They were outnumbering them all the time. You don't do that if you are looking for ~goodfights~. They weren't interested in "skirmishes and fleet fights."

No doubt if AAA lost "A few towers" while towers were bieng planted in their space and they were camping people into their stations, they would be blithely dismissing it. No, they would be screaming this was an organized invasion? I guess they would be right.

This was a planned invasion to take Delve and Period Bases, and probably to distract from the situation in the south. And it failed. Because ZAF and 200 odd goons came back to defend Delve? (Yes ZAF were hanging out in the south) Once again we have met -A-, and once again they have apparently been found wanting. Tri are still bieng camped in while their towers are getting nuked.

In other news, -A- had an op to take an R64 in 49-. AAA it reinforced to support all this and  -A- and ROL had been moving in ships to attack it all weekend. (Looking for fun skirmishes and fleet battles no doubt) Didn't go too well. http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/1465 Havoc better tighten their shot groups...

Hic sunt dracones.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5872 on: August 09, 2009, 07:56:25 PM

tri wasn't going to invade delve. at a guess they hit kia jammers/highends looking for capfights, and if KIA couldn't muster up the numbers/capability to fight them off than that's not tri's fault.

but then they went after station systems and escalated it by hitting our highends and calling in AAA/ROL to provoke us either for fights or because someone wanted the heat taken off Atlas. they got the expected response.

if tri is looking to break kia they can do it without touching a single pos. if they want ~good fights~ with them there's no reason to bring in team ebay espescially given that they already outnumber KIA
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5873 on: August 09, 2009, 08:52:00 PM

Actually, he's is right. This was our revenge for the GS invasion of Catch. -A- obviously planned this years ago.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:18:55 PM by setar »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5874 on: August 09, 2009, 09:36:05 PM

Well this explains a lot: Apple Boy is in Triumverate

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/396939

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #5875 on: August 10, 2009, 02:10:47 AM

The only thing he can't salvage are his own alliances~

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5876 on: August 10, 2009, 04:22:00 AM

Oh, Sir T-san  Facepalm

I'd not be surprised if it turned out that ROL paid Tri to try and break KIA.  I would try something like that.  But this is not an invasion of Delve (so far, at any rate) and it certainly has all the hallmarks of a meeting engagement that just gets out of hand as more and more people pile in.  It's been a useful tonic for Goonfleet Foreign Legion morale to be able to show up and turn things around so rapidly.

And ZAF have, indeed, been with us in the South-East killng Atlas pets and throwing lightly-disguised Dice out of their space.

In Sc0rched Earth news, they have lost 8 corps in 8 days, and are now half the size they were a few weeks ago.  They had called an alliance-wide teamspeak meeting to address their current issues, but three large corps left between it being called on Friday morning and the putative time on Sunday, so they postponed it due to "IRL issues"  Ohhhhh, I see.  They have had their towers in their station system M-M reinforced, and RA have dropped five in there as well.  Sc0rched Earth called an alliance-wide CTA to counter-spam, but boy are they short on cash.

Twitter - Endieposts

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #5877 on: August 10, 2009, 04:45:12 AM

Why is that retarded? If Tri came looking for fights, surely it makes sense not to give them fights?
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5878 on: August 10, 2009, 05:56:21 AM

edit: nm, misread something
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 05:57:58 AM by rand »
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5879 on: August 10, 2009, 07:13:11 AM

Why is that retarded? If Tri came looking for fights, surely it makes sense not to give them fights?

Only used the word as a quote. It depends what you want out of the game. KIA tries to attract pilots who are interested in PvP, Eddz sees them as a small, highly-skilled group of (Ex-)mercs. If there is no territorial threat and no other conflicts that need your attention most entities would be thrilled about having a sparring partner around. Keeps the carebears on their toes, ensures the PvP folks got something to play with.

Instead you've got Bladerunners on their way out (unconfirmed), and a second corp being kicked. After what happened to Tortuga, BOB and so many other entities who decided not to fight an attacker it should be obvious that the strategy frequently backfires.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: