Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969132 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #4130 on: February 17, 2009, 01:45:03 PM

Cultural Victory.  why so serious?

I'm trying the game for the first time when I get off work tonight, so your victory might be short-lived when the bad interface and general confusion-bomb rapes my tender hopes and dreams.

It is brutal. Do the tutorial for certain, and then join channel F13 when you get done and we can answer any questions you have. And you will have a ton. If you can get through it, it is really damned fun. Definitely an acquired taste, but very fun.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #4131 on: February 17, 2009, 01:50:52 PM

OK, in euro prime I moved from our staging system to Kenny's home staging system alone in a sniper BS, and saw nothing but 10-15 friendlies in each system.  I shot a few towers, and toured the bubbled hostile poses with no guns left, the bubbled cages where poses used to be, the bubbled gates and the hyper-bubbled station.  With a couple of hundred people friendlies in the fleet, we have been camping Kenny and Barbie into their staging systems for 48 hours straight (having given them a couple of days to move all their stuff in there).

While the morale effect of this is nice, and the irony of Goons camping ex-Bob into their home station is delicious, the main point is that it lets our dread fleets run around at will, taking out yet more POSes.  And we have taken out a lot.

Kenny needs to either pull a proper red-pen op out of their hat for the weekend, presumably involving AAA/SE/ROL etc, or else face only having four stations out of their twenty left unchallenged.  And the odds on those four still being unreinforced by the weekend if they don't are pretty long.

Also this isn't a saying hi/recruitment thread!

It is pretty amazing. I hopped on to change my skills at lunch and decided to run a quick mission. Got a 5 jump  courier mission (in hostile 0.0! yuck) that was small enough to do in my covops, so I set destination and started gate hopping. Every single system I visited was full of blues. PR- is just hilarious atm. Only non-blue I actually laid eyes on was some poor neutral bastard who jumped through a gate right before me. Into a giant bubble camp. I got through just in time to see his poor little Ibis go pop.

I hope this continues. I would love to have a big chunk of space to rat/mission in while I rebuild my wallet for a few days. If Kenny doesn't put up any resistance, we can start paying back little yipping curs like Minor Threat.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #4132 on: February 17, 2009, 03:27:43 PM

There have been no sizable engagements with AAA since Sunday and that was very brief.  Unless those ships were late for a more important engagement in Tenerifis this sounds like a magical fight that never happened.

I should mention the absurdity of CVA going to Tenerifis to shoot AAA(Hostile) and help Xdeath(Hostile) take out Atlas(Hostile) towers.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4133 on: February 17, 2009, 03:31:39 PM

Mittens and Graham are reading and leaking Dianabolic (Sir Molle's right hand man) speaking on Kenny's teamspeak server after discovering how camped in they were:

Right, there isn't much we can do about anything right now .. and I've got better things to do

(small sigh)

If you are BoB, remember the tower comes out in 14 hours, just keep the tower on approach, if it dies, there are ways to avoid getting killed here

(pause)

if you are non-BoB ... just stay at a safe spot I guess

(small sigh)

if you want to stay in gang, go ahead, some one could FC but I don't know what you could do ... so ... um

(big sigh)

buh bye I guess
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 03:43:44 PM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4134 on: February 17, 2009, 03:36:39 PM

This thread has caused me to download the Eve trial.

Burn in hell, all of you.

Spy!

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #4135 on: February 17, 2009, 04:08:03 PM

Mittens and Graham are reading and leaking Dianabolic (Sir Molle's right hand man) speaking on Kenny's teamspeak server after discovering how camped in they were:

Right, there isn't much we can do about anything right now .. and I've got better things to do

(small sigh)

If you are BoB, remember the tower comes out in 14 hours, just keep the tower on approach, if it dies, there are ways to avoid getting killed here

(pause)

if you are non-BoB ... just stay at a safe spot I guess

(small sigh)

if you want to stay in gang, go ahead, some one could FC but I don't know what you could do ... so ... um

(big sigh)

buh bye I guess

Can't they just podjump?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4136 on: February 17, 2009, 04:09:30 PM

Can't they just podjump?

Of course, but that still leaves behind all of the assests in stataion.  All ships, all caps, all POS stuff.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4137 on: February 17, 2009, 04:14:10 PM

Firesale time!  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4138 on: February 17, 2009, 04:34:19 PM

Firesale time!  awesome, for real

Delve firesales have already started to trickle in, seeing multiple freighters, multiple carriers, even a dread up on contracts from Kenny and friends.  Lots of ship contracts starting to show up in PR- (the system we have been camping).

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4139 on: February 17, 2009, 04:36:15 PM

They had four carriers up for sale in PR- alone today.

It's interesting that Diana still talks about BoB. I wonder if they all do that.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4140 on: February 17, 2009, 05:25:42 PM

A lot of Goons still call them BoB too.  It's like still seeing Charlie 60 years later.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #4141 on: February 17, 2009, 05:56:44 PM

Can't they just podjump?

Yes, but all their assets(that matter) are in PR-.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4142 on: February 17, 2009, 06:14:19 PM

The "Rapecage" is by far the best thing to ever happen ever in the history of MMORPG's ever. Trapped in a base while their empire burns.

Static worlds can suck it.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4143 on: February 17, 2009, 07:08:28 PM

Fair number of GZC in Sakht at the moment. Seem intent on shooting me :(
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4144 on: February 17, 2009, 10:03:27 PM

My prediction: Poppinfresh will hate the game beyond belief in 30 minutes or less....

Or be leading Goonswarm inside a year.

Notaleeboo
Terracotta Army

Reply #4145 on: February 17, 2009, 11:13:54 PM

Holy crap, long time no see.  Next thing you know Boog will be trolling gen disc.

Sup.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4146 on: February 18, 2009, 05:40:21 AM

Quote from: Molle
The race is on, and with the amount of towers going up everywhere and the blob we have around us, its really as we expected. Stations are falling left and right and pos's are dying high and low. The race is on.

For all of you who have been around since the GNW, you know what the blob is, and you know how its mentality works, and you all know how to break it.

It's really one of my favourite words; Patience.

Before all this is over, expect all stations in Delve and Querious to have changed hands about 20 times, expect to see days of getting blobbed to kingdom come, and expect to be blobbing back.

This is where you will see why we, as BoB, has always stood up where everyone has fallen. Any other alliance who had faced what we are facing with a full sov reset and stolen alliance name, would have been gone and history ages ago.

As for the name... we'll see about it.

Anyone who can't take the heat, and cannot stand pressure, and cannot face the challenge, you are probably new to us, and have not been around for a long time, and dont know what patience is, nor stamina.

Us old timers and old farts have seen all this before, and are looking around to find the best answers to the questions we need to ask.

GNW lasted for 9 months. This has yet to begin properly!..

Never forget: This is a game we play to enjoy ourselves, and we enjoy blowing shit up. This is a never-ending opportunity for the next 12+ months to never run out of targets.

So, relax, breathe, have a scotch and enjoy the ride ladies, it will be one to remember.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4147 on: February 18, 2009, 06:08:42 AM

I don't think the "wait it out until they get bored" tactic will work here.  When the Goons get bored, they aren't going home to Detroid or wherever, they are going to stay in Delve.

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4148 on: February 18, 2009, 06:10:19 AM

Wolfpacks bitches!!!  Wolfpacks!!!!!!
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4149 on: February 18, 2009, 06:25:07 AM

Quote from: kryztal
Hey Guys,

As of NOW we'll be doing smaller regroups (within evol) from A-E. Get your shit moved to A-E and help with sorting logistics\cyno's etc (shit doesnt get there by itself)

Evol FC's and Gangleaders are gonna be taking you out, and this is also a chance for you to take out your corpm8s and get them all killed. Don't sit on your ass doing nothing, if there are people in corp get together and form a gang.

Set your CLONE for SAKHT which is 2 jumps away from A-E, this will be our second supply depot in-case A-E is too hostile to undock. Make sure you have jump clones set up so you can jump between the two. Don't get stuck like a noob without a clone. The route between the two is usually clear or friendly but ofc this goes for all of delve, USE A SCOUT AND DON'T TRAVEL SOLO UNLESS YOUR IN A CLOAKER OR A FAST INTY.

In case you were wondering why we are doing this, we are facing a megablob atm which is on a all time high. We CAN'T (yes i said CAN'T) fight it while its at this size. But as we all know, this is something that wont last and we estimate that in a week tops we'll be seeing their size drop dramatically. But insted of sitting around playing with our special places while we wait for that to happen, we are going to go out in smaller gangs and have fun. Delve is full of hostiles and smaller fleets we can take on without the 10/1 odds.

All is not LOST so don't go all somber and cry about how we are losing. We haven't lost anything and we wont lose anything because this is all about kills and thrills for us, stations and space comes secondary to having fun in EvE and we'll have fun retaking Delve when we've spanked them around silly for some time.

Yaarrrr, let's have some fun !

Kryz

Link to CAOD thread.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4150 on: February 18, 2009, 06:38:17 AM

Well at least they're getting the idea of "don't sit in a permacamped station until the region burns", but this seems pretty much the end of it unless the PR permacamp dies, or someone gets friends to storm in and break it for them.
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #4151 on: February 18, 2009, 06:52:45 AM

Quote from: Molle

Anyone who can't take the heat...

...should order the brand new air conditioning system RIGHT NOW, for the SPECIAL OFFER price of ONLY $499!

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4152 on: February 18, 2009, 08:38:48 AM

We've killed something like forty POSes today so far.  Nobody is quite sure because it's all moving so fast,  because killmails are going missing, and because I know of at least two towers that we've killed today that were not on the official sheet, but there were 45 towers due to come out today and only one got away so far (it regenerated naturally during downtime).

Kenny's staging system continues to be camped to hell and back for the third day running.  Meanwhile, two more Kenny station systems have been levelled: I think that one hostile tower remains out of thirty.  NOL has been cleared, and Kenny should lose sov tomorrow.

The surprising thing is that capswarm seems to be gaining numbers, not losing them.  There is a feeling that we want to get as much of the grind done as possible so that we can focus on AAA's capfleet if they turn up in a few days.

In the meantime, some of the friendly drone region powers have started making moves towards Tenerifis, Detorid and elsewhere in our old space, which is nice.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4153 on: February 18, 2009, 09:21:27 AM

Not sure why lots of the good guys seem worried about or are really anticipating AAA.  Goons on their own just about beat them off enough that AAA had to go running to a much stronger BoB to stave off humiliating defeat.  Kenny and Barbie are seriously demoralised so even if the cavalry do lift their spirits I think it'll be too little, too late.  Especially for Barbie - who always made up a majority of KFC fleets.  Some of whom are actively discussing calling it quits, losing members or in early failure cascade.

I hate to fall into the trap of underestimating my potential enemies but it seems plain that AAA's best chance of really turning the tide was the first week of the war when a string of defeats hadn't killed all momentum for Kenny.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4154 on: February 18, 2009, 10:01:41 AM

Not sure why lots of the good guys seem worried about or are really anticipating AAA.  Goons on their own just about beat them off enough that AAA had to go running to a much stronger BoB to stave off humiliating defeat.  Kenny and Barbie are seriously demoralised so even if the cavalry do lift their spirits I think it'll be too little, too late.  Especially for Barbie - who always made up a majority of KFC fleets.  Some of whom are actively discussing calling it quits, losing members or in early failure cascade.

I hate to fall into the trap of underestimating my potential enemies but it seems plain that AAA's best chance of really turning the tide was the first week of the war when a string of defeats hadn't killed all momentum for Kenny.

As it is my DUTY to put historical events into the correct perspective so that they aren't repeated incorrectly (e.g. 'bob defended jammers with titans, which didn't happen):

-A-/SE/c0ven/sysk/ROL weren't losing to GS straight up.  TCF, UNL, Rebellion, and various other entities like RA/ZAF/god knows who else were there as well.   If we'd fought straight up with GS, it would've simply been a timezone war.  However, we were having difficulties in eurotime due to all the allies of Goons, plus the high goon participation at the beginning of the war, both in the EU timezone, and in sporadic alarm clock ops.

I won't pretend to know what -A-'s leaders want from this Delve war.  I do think it's clear that we aren't too invested in the outcome, otherwise we'd have been over in that area immediately.  I do think it's pretty silly to see the amount of talk about -A-, but I suppose that's what happens when you're one of the few blues BoB has that isn't there. 

On a personal level, I wouldn't mind a cold war between Catch and Querious/Delve, where roaming gangs go back and forth but jammers and jump distances prevent giant pos wars.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4155 on: February 18, 2009, 10:36:25 AM

I'm sure you're right, wasn't intimately involved and didn't even pay much attention until PL went to Curse.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #4156 on: February 18, 2009, 11:36:00 AM

-A-/SE/c0ven/sysk/ROL weren't losing to GS straight up.  TCF, UNL, Rebellion, and various other entities like RA/ZAF/god knows who else were there as well.   

On a personal level, I wouldn't mind a cold war between Catch and Querious/Delve, where roaming gangs go back and forth but jammers and jump distances prevent giant pos wars.

First, I think it's kind of funny that you begrudge (or that's the vibe I get anyway) the various allies we had helping out when it was always a multi-alliance force we were facing.  In the early days of the war, though, it was predominantly Goonswarm, since TCF was taking Deklein, none of the NC was there, and I don't remember a huge RA/UNL/Rebellion contingent (for any part of it, really).  ZAF has been there all along, but they are pretty tiny in number.

Second, I think it's interesting that your much-hated jammers might cause a cold war that would be nothing but lols for everyone involved without the grind of POS warfare between Catch and Delve.

Witty banter not included.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #4157 on: February 18, 2009, 12:52:18 PM

Old BoB thread about where goonswarm went wrong from over two years ago

New goon thread about where BoB went wrong from today

Hilarious thread if you get that the posts are copy/pasted with "goon" replaced by "kenny" etc and lots of people just flat out don't get the joke.

One EXE guy even says.

Seriously guys, look at how you lot are going on in the forums now, look back 18-24 months ago on the forum and see how BoB were talking back then. No difference, different subject, same attitude
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #4158 on: February 18, 2009, 01:46:16 PM

-A-/SE/c0ven/sysk/ROL weren't losing to GS straight up.  TCF, UNL, Rebellion, and various other entities like RA/ZAF/god knows who else were there as well.   

First, I think it's kind of funny that you begrudge (or that's the vibe I get anyway) the various allies we had helping out when it was always a multi-alliance force we were facing.  In the early days of the war, though, it was predominantly Goonswarm, since TCF was taking Deklein, none of the NC was there, and I don't remember a huge RA/UNL/Rebellion contingent (for any part of it, really).  ZAF has been there all along, but they are pretty tiny in number.

Second, I think it's interesting that your much-hated jammers might cause a cold war that would be nothing but lols for everyone involved without the grind of POS warfare between Catch and Delve.

TCF wasn't up in Deklein for the initial few weeks of the war (possibly not until a month in).  I believe that wasn't until after the VNG towers had gotten wiped out on Thanksgiving that TCF left.

Here let me link a series of fleet battle reports: (ok it's only 3 because the -a- kb is timing out nonstop on me)

11/17: http://a-kills.com/related.php?id=191122 210 of us+buds vs 270 of you+buds, at an eyeball at most 50% is GS
11/21: http://a-kills.com/related.php?id=192197  113 of us vs 66 of you, only 9 goons total, rest TCF+others
11/22: http://a-kills.com/related.php?id=192747 258 vs 195, at a glance looks like TCF had the most there of any alliance

I'm not begrudging anything, I'm just stating that it wasn't just GS holding the line initially.  I don't know why people argue so much about this type of stuff when it's so easy to go through battle reports and see who was where when.    This is a tiny mostly irrelevant point (whether GS stood mostly alone the first month), but one I think needs to be made so that it doesn't get repeated over and over.

Then again, one of the reasons I didn't get along well with the GS leadership is I'd correct people on this kind of stuff a lot, because I thought it was better to lay out what actually happened than to pump up morale through omissions. 

edit: tcf kb has a campaign thing here  : http://killboard.tauceti-federation.com/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=10  that went for two weeks from 11/16 to 11/30, they lost 416 ships/128 bs in that time, killed 866/329 which is pretty solid participation.  Their Dek campaign wasn't until Dec 5th, well after 0oy and VNG had been fought over.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:01:15 PM by trevorreznik »
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #4159 on: February 18, 2009, 02:18:56 PM

Because it's always correctness that wins conflicts. Never morale.

You seem to have omitted the motion that a spaceship war isn't only about killboard stats from 3 battles.
I'm not begrudging anything, I'm just stating that it was just GS initially. Our allies are only there when we're there~

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #4160 on: February 18, 2009, 02:22:07 PM

But this is what will happen.  After Delve there will be no appetite for 23/7 warfare of the sort that is taking down Kenny, not for a looog time.  Plus SE in particular are really competent, while AAA have enough titans to sit on jammers til (forgive the pun) doomsday, even if ROL don't have quite as many as they used to.  What is happening to Kenny simply wouldn't work against the New Southern Bloc, and everyone except a few hotheads knows it.  So Goonfleet will sit in Delve, with PL resetting us on one side and AAA hostile on the other, until the sov mechanics change to allow greater fluidity and who the fuck knows what will happen then?
?

Twitter - Endieposts

Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #4161 on: February 18, 2009, 02:22:18 PM

Yeah trev, this war started weeks before the assault on VNG, we were attacking ZS and other systems in the deep south long before.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #4162 on: February 18, 2009, 02:51:30 PM

As an occasional wanderer around Delve, Im just wondering what the probes (the ships) called flare gun, were doing at the pos's in Delve. There were quite a few of them but are/were they simply cyno ships or some kind of monument?

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4163 on: February 18, 2009, 06:02:33 PM

ZAF and Kraftwerk helped Goonswarm defend from pretty much the first day of the war.  UNL, Rebellion and TCF joined in shortly after, and we were able to hold out in VNG with particular thanks to their help.  There, it's been said.  Can we move on?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #4164 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:24 PM

But this is what will happen.  After Delve there will be no appetite for 23/7 warfare of the sort that is taking down Kenny, not for a looog time.  Plus SE in particular are really competent, while AAA have enough titans to sit on jammers til (forgive the pun) doomsday, even if ROL don't have quite as many as they used to.  What is happening to Kenny simply wouldn't work against the New Southern Bloc, and everyone except a few hotheads knows it.  So Goonfleet will sit in Delve, with PL resetting us on one side and AAA hostile on the other, until the sov mechanics change to allow greater fluidity and who the fuck knows what will happen then?
?
Yeah, but the FAT vicinity is going to continue to be a powderkeg, it (and the XLL constellation that makes the southern point of Q) are just too damned *shiny*.  So much concentrated wealth-generating goodness packed into such a small area, so deceptively close-seeming to Empire and not on anyone else's transit routes.  Whoever winds up owning Querious is going to wind up in the same old staring contest with whoever winds up controlling western Catch.

Now, the Q side of it has an inherent defensive advantage because the unique close-packed geometry of Querious lets them tie the whole region together with a handful of JB's (that can put 4-07 in Catch effectively 5 jumps from Empire).  On the other hand, supporting capital ops in Catch when you're used to operating in Q is a stone bitch (been there, done that, got the t-shirt, 5 fucking times).

Anyway, the question of KenZoku survival turns on how much they've got left in Delve when Sov counters finally roll back over to 3, and that seems to turn on a straight-up "contest of national will" between the GBC and the non-Goon portions of the invaders (both KenZoku and Goons being completely committed to a fight to the finish in Delve).  Do the rest of the former BoB subordinates want to step up and help keep them alive, if only because as long as everyone is focused on Delve their home turf is safe?  Or do they start maneuvering to form or join some other Titan-fielding powerbloc?  If this is going to end with Goonswarm the new owners in Delve, that's going to shuffle all the cards across the entire map.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: