Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 192 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  (Read 1121653 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3045 on: June 02, 2014, 08:20:53 AM

They never introduced the singer in the Aeyrie, so I was curious as to how they were going to deal with Lyssa being murdered (In the books Baelish framed him and manipulated Sansa into going along)

Quite a change here, yes.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #3046 on: June 02, 2014, 08:32:37 AM

The Martells could be a really interesting story if told right - I don't know whether they will match the awesomeness of Oberon though - I can see that if done well (by the TV team- not GRRM because he was losing the plot literally with Dorne) it will really add to the story.

I hope they get Dany out of Mereen - because I'm not convinced Martin knows how to.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #3047 on: June 02, 2014, 08:57:50 AM

I'm really curious where they're going with Arya.  Given the state that things are in elsewhere in the world, it seems like her storyline should already be much, much farther along. 

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #3048 on: June 02, 2014, 09:12:02 AM

Really enjoyed the episode; the laugh was the best part, however. Fight was pretty good, and Oberon's stupidity was believable/human.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #3049 on: June 02, 2014, 09:27:28 AM

The Martells could be a really interesting story if told right - I don't know whether they will match the awesomeness of Oberon though - I can see that if done well (by the TV team- not GRRM because he was losing the plot literally with Dorne) it will really add to the story.

I hope they get Dany out of Mereen - because I'm not convinced Martin knows how to.

Dorne speculation, minor spoiler

Iron Island speculation, timeline spoiler
[/spoiler]

Arya destination
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #3050 on: June 02, 2014, 09:30:31 AM

Really enjoyed the episode; the laugh was the best part, however. Fight was pretty good, and Oberon's stupidity was believable/human.

Tywin seized the moment and could have proclaimed the judgement inconclusive since both were down (although Clegane seems to be still alive) maybe saving his son. Instead he jumped up and proclaimed him guilty, and who is really going to argue with him? Shows his true colours to Tyrion that he really does just want him dead.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3051 on: June 02, 2014, 09:43:53 AM

Arya:

Dorne:

Iron Islands:

Tywin seized the moment and could have proclaimed the judgement inconclusive since both were down (although Clegane seems to be still alive) maybe saving his son. Instead he jumped up and proclaimed him guilty, and who is really going to argue with him? Shows his true colours to Tyrion that he really does just want him dead.

Clegane was still breathing and could obviously continue to fight since he killed Oberyn, he was just badly wounded. Oberyn can't continue to fight, so even if the Mountain died later the contest was decided.

Tyrion hasn't ever had doubts his father wanted him dead from what I can tell.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:47:10 AM by Merusk »

schild
Administrator

Reply #3052 on: June 02, 2014, 12:18:28 PM

I'm just gonna start skipping to scenes with Tyrion and start watching Game of Tyrion because this show fucking sucks otherwise.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3053 on: June 02, 2014, 12:22:13 PM

If you're tired of the Hound swearing at people or of Arya Stark murdering them, you're tired of life.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #3054 on: June 02, 2014, 12:24:31 PM

That Arya and the Hound and their glacial progression through their obvious fucking storyline is a "good" part of the show is indicative of how shitty the rest of the show is. Arya is entertaining. The Hound is aight. Neither even measures on the same scale as anything with Dinklage.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3055 on: June 02, 2014, 01:48:54 PM

Scale.  Dinklage.  I like what you did there.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3056 on: June 02, 2014, 02:19:51 PM

I can name a lot more arcs that I like than I don't.  Like 'em all except
1. Reek.  Jesus, why did you fuck up Theon GRRM? 
2. Dany hanging out in Mereen.  The only upside is Missandei's GLORIOUS body.
3. Ser Friendzone.  Heck anything in Essos east of Bravos.
4. The Wall. John Snow and co just don't do anything for me.  I like Sam but he sent his woman to a whorehouse so she wouldn't be raped.  Good job there Sam Tarly.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3057 on: June 02, 2014, 02:22:56 PM

I can name a lot more arcs that I like than I don't.  Like 'em all except
1. Reek.  Jesus, why did you fuck up Theon GRRM? 
2. Dany hanging out in Mereen.  The only upside is Missandei's GLORIOUS body.
3. Ser Friendzone.  Heck anything in Essos east of Bravos.
4. The Wall. John Snow and co just don't do anything for me.  I like Sam but he sent his woman to a whorehouse so she wouldn't be raped.  Good job there Sam Tarly.

I don't know if you've read the books, but in comparison the showmakers have managed to make these storylines gripping.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3058 on: June 02, 2014, 04:37:10 PM

They're almost like two different species.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3059 on: June 02, 2014, 04:59:08 PM

Dude, do you even lift?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3060 on: June 02, 2014, 07:51:16 PM

They're almost like two different species.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:05:34 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #3061 on: June 03, 2014, 01:44:27 AM

Agreed. The books swap him for a gout ridden leader of the Martell family. To hell with that shit. The Viper was a strong presence in the series, something we haven't seen in a long time.

John - tedious and brooding - zzzzz
Tyrion - awesome character but not much happening other than being a fall guy
Tywin - no longer the strong character he once was
Jamie - bereft of Brienne his character is ok, but not as good as it was earlier
Varys - who?
Littlefinger - I liked the bit where he made her fly - but zzz
Sansa - yup - just came into her own
Arya/Hound - comedy value and well developed
Cersei - zzz
Dany/Friendzone et al - zzz

This is in comparison to who they were in S1/S2 - Oberon was a breath of fresh air

I'm not blaming the writers or the actors, the wordiness of the novels is even more tedious to get through and they have done a good job of entertaining us

I miss Joffrey - at least he was going to always fuck shit up.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #3062 on: June 03, 2014, 10:48:27 AM

Sorry to see you go, Oberon.  That was a great character and a great piece of acting.  Wait a minute...tape that thing back together!  Zombie Oberon!

I will go on record to say that, despite knowing what was coming, I felt a bit ill.  I also couldn't get it out of my head, replaying it over an over.  Fantastic and disgusting, all wrapped into one.  And I loved the fight itself, too.

Arya laughing was great.

Tyrion's whole speech about the moron, while not terribly relevant, was great.

I both like and dislike the Reek storyline, but I really love the guy playing Ramsay.  If there was an Oscar for Most Creepy Motherfucker in a Hit Series, he'd win for sure.

Like what they did with Sansa.  I am wondering if Ironwood blew a vein somewhere there towards the end, with the knowing looks and the slow walk down the stairs.  He hasn't commented.  Maybe he hasn't seen it yet.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3063 on: June 03, 2014, 10:51:32 AM

Squick... indeed. Very well done translation of that scene and fuck am I going to miss that character as much as I missed him in the books. That scene made me feel ill both times I watched it.

Missandei... YUM. I like the addition of character with the interaction between her and Grey Worm.

Ser Friendzone got the ultimate cockblock and I think Dany played that scene really well. Despite her storyline being fucking boring as shit, the actress is doing well with what little she gets.

Sansa... DOUBLE YUM. Not even remotely sure where they are going with her and Baelish since that's a significant departure from the books, but if she keeps wearing dresses like that, I do not fucking care where it goes, I will watch. At least she's 18 now, so I only feel SLIGHTLY creepy and perverse for saying that. Fuck. She was born after I started designing web sites. I... AM... OLD. Fuck you, Time.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #3064 on: June 03, 2014, 10:59:56 AM

Sith Apprentice Sansa is a big improvement in her character. Darth Cleavagus for the Queen at the end of the story. Surely the meek tween from the first episode will inherit the earth.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3065 on: June 03, 2014, 11:20:19 AM

Sansa... DOUBLE YUM. Not even remotely sure where they are going with her and Baelish since that's a significant departure from the books, but if she keeps wearing dresses like that, I do not fucking care where it goes, I will watch. At least she's 18 now, so I only feel SLIGHTLY creepy and perverse for saying that. Fuck. She was born after I started designing web sites. I... AM... OLD. Fuck you, Time.

It is but it is a great departure. It feels like the first time Sansa isn't passive in her own destiny. Since GRRM is involved with the show I have hopes it is based on foreknowledge he has given them.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3066 on: June 03, 2014, 11:50:45 AM

I have compiled a helpful guide to fictional characters whose name start with "Ober".

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #3067 on: June 03, 2014, 11:57:15 AM

You could always tell Sansa was destined to be come a master of court intrigue.  Martin just fucked it up with how he made things go slow and meandering in the last two books.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3068 on: June 03, 2014, 12:00:33 PM

It is but it is a great departure. It feels like the first time Sansa isn't passive in her own destiny. Since GRRM is involved with the show I have hopes it is based on foreknowledge he has given them.

While trying to avoid too much book discussion, I'll say I've always just assumed that Sansa was going to eventually become a master manipulator (we've seen shades of it early on -- Ned wouldn't have gone to King's Landing if Sansa hadn't played him like a fiddle) and that the Vale would be where she started to come into her own.  So I was excited to see visible signs of that here.

And yeah, Evil Sansa is fucking hot.  I've always been more of a Margaery fan prior to this, but it turns out I'm just a sucker for manipulative psychos who show a lot of boob.  Explains much.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #3069 on: June 03, 2014, 12:35:54 PM

...but it turns out I'm just a sucker for manipulative psychos who show a lot of boob...

Aren't we all?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #3070 on: June 03, 2014, 01:55:51 PM

If there was an Oscar for Most Creepy Motherfucker in a Hit Series, he'd win for sure.

If we ignore Mason Verger existing, I'd agree.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #3071 on: June 03, 2014, 02:39:47 PM

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3072 on: June 03, 2014, 02:50:52 PM

I am wondering if Ironwood blew a vein somewhere there towards the end, with the knowing looks and the slow walk down the stairs.  He hasn't commented.  Maybe he hasn't seen it yet.

No, I've seen it.  We're only about 24 hours behind you.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3073 on: June 03, 2014, 03:18:56 PM

He's obviously still recovering.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #3074 on: June 03, 2014, 03:25:57 PM

I have compiled a helpful guide to fictional characters whose name start with "Ober".

Love Letters

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #3075 on: June 03, 2014, 03:46:34 PM

Like Tyrion said, if you've come to King's Landing for justice you've come to the wrong place. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #3076 on: June 03, 2014, 05:49:33 PM

Tyrion ain't dying. There, I ruined it.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #3077 on: June 03, 2014, 05:54:40 PM

Yeah, he isn't going to die. There are enough people who would actually try to kill GRRM that one of them would succeed, and he knows it would happen. Also, Tyrion is GRRM's self insert into the story.

Tyrion is going to end up King with Mara Jade Sansa as queen.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3078 on: June 03, 2014, 07:24:09 PM

Like Tyrion said, if you've come to King's Landing for justice you've come to the wrong place. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #3079 on: June 03, 2014, 09:32:22 PM

Yeah, he isn't going to die. There are enough people who would actually try to kill GRRM that one of them would succeed, and he knows it would happen. Also, Tyrion is GRRM's self insert into the story.

Tyrion is going to end up King with Mara Jade Sansa as queen.

If the TV show decides not to be a shitshow, yes. If the TV show decides to continue following the books: No.

Spoiler: I read all the spoilers about the books to see how fucking glacial and poorly written they were. Turns out the series has about 4000 unnecessary pages.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 192 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Game of Thrones [SPOILERS]  
Jump to: