Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 891443 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #665 on: July 13, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

Got to 60 finally.  Even chaining xp boots & legendary quests it took me nearly all of today to go from 52 to 60. (with a few several-hour breaks)  That's a hell of a grind. Actually dropped $10 so I could buy the penta exp boots to push through from 58 to 60.

Cyclops is up next to 50 because, fuuuuuck doing that again without some additional XP.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #666 on: July 13, 2014, 07:23:21 PM

SG hit 60 today.

Heart Tiny Hug Barrage. Heart

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #667 on: July 13, 2014, 10:33:00 PM

Got to 60 finally.  Even chaining xp boots & legendary quests it took me nearly all of today to go from 52 to 60. (with a few several-hour breaks)  That's a hell of a grind. Actually dropped $10 so I could buy the penta exp boots to push through from 58 to 60.

Cyclops is up next to 50 because, fuuuuuck doing that again without some additional XP.
I am not insinuating anything about you or calling you out or anything, but there has to be something wrong with your grind plan, because since yesterday morning, I have taken Iron Man from 34 to 60, Cyclops from 1 to 54, Human torch from 1 to 60, Squirrel Girl from 16 to 56, Storm from 1 to 51, and Silver Surfer from 1 to 39. I ran out of exp potions to stack yesterday afternoon.

Edit: I forgot, Colossus from 45 to 60 also. I also took healthy breaks, played with the kid, watched a couple of movies with the wife. That sort of stuff.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:35:08 PM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #668 on: July 14, 2014, 12:14:53 AM

Eh, I only managed to bring Scarlet Witch to 50.  But then, I had no exp potions, no level 60, and played like 5 hours.  I think I put some levels on cyclops at well, but holy shit is he boring.

Probably spent too much time in Mid Town. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:21:26 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #669 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:13 AM

Got to 60 finally.  Even chaining xp boots & legendary quests it took me nearly all of today to go from 52 to 60. (with a few several-hour breaks)  That's a hell of a grind. Actually dropped $10 so I could buy the penta exp boots to push through from 58 to 60.

I am not insinuating anything about you or calling you out or anything, but there has to be something wrong with your grind plan, because since yesterday morning, I have taken Iron Man from 34 to 60, Cyclops from 1 to 54, Human torch from 1 to 60, Squirrel Girl from 16 to 56, Storm from 1 to 51, and Silver Surfer from 1 to 39. I ran out of exp potions to stack yesterday afternoon.

Edit: I forgot, Colossus from 45 to 60 also. I also took healthy breaks, played with the kid, watched a couple of movies with the wife. That sort of stuff.

It's been mentioned in this thread before, but legendary quests are the way to go - mostly because of the reward, but also because they put you in places where enemies are "green".  Fastest I've found is to just camp in Midtown and re-roll your legendary (odin's) quests.  This will deplete your cash in fast order.  Doing the story is the slowest way to level.  Given Merusk's leveling rate, I'm guessing that he's doing the story?
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #670 on: July 14, 2014, 08:09:58 AM

Question about the legendary quests, do you clear the whole thing or just run to the objectives when grinding?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: July 14, 2014, 08:15:29 AM

Finishing the quest as fast as possible is the best way to get exp, most of it comes from the big orange orbs at the end.  Plus you want those 300 odin marks for a legendary.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #672 on: July 14, 2014, 12:16:00 PM

It's been mentioned in this thread before, but legendary quests are the way to go - mostly because of the reward, but also because they put you in places where enemies are "green".  Fastest I've found is to just camp in Midtown and re-roll your legendary (odin's) quests.  This will deplete your cash in fast order.  Doing the story is the slowest way to level.  Given Merusk's leveling rate, I'm guessing that he's doing the story?

Nope, doing exactly what you just described. I'd get a quest like "Kill 20 giant types" or "50 paramilitary" and roll with it in Midtown, then reroll until I got another Midtown quest.  In fact I went broke around 8pm last night from rerolling quests.  The bonuses from additional level 60s are just that good, it would seem.

Cyclops is flying through the levels, hitting 12 via story-mode after the Raft and a brief midtown session, which seems to confirm just that. 
 - I'm in story mode because I need the waypoints and since you don't get quests until 20 I may as well do it that way.

I saw Lant and she was 56 at the same time I was, AFKing in the Hub.  Lant, how long did it take you to get to 60 yesterday?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #673 on: July 14, 2014, 12:37:55 PM

Ah, that might be the problem.  Rerolling for midtown quests works great when you are in a group since everyone's kills count towards everyone's quest goals, but by yourself they are fairly slow and reward the least amount of exp.  If you are over level 10 on cyclops use his ricochet basic, it makes short work of most things.  Edit: as far as LQ's go the ones that give the best bang for the buck are terminal quests, they are very short and reward a good amount of exp.  Except Doom, skip the royal fuck out of that.  A nice trick i just learned this weekend is to do almost everything on a green terminal and finish the quest on a red one for more total exp.  Midtown LQs can be time consuming and reward the least amount of exp, some are fairly easy and usually worth it like paramilitary which counts almost all spawns and sorcerers/demons which counts ninjas who spawn all over the place.  Open world/story LQs usually take the longest, specially if you don't know your way around, anything involving waiting for events or an open world boss is going to take forever and are best skipped, looking for treasure rooms is usually a pain also.  Story quests with good rewards are worth doing at least once on every difficulty though (Hood and Kingpin give a power point, Taskmaster gives a rarity boost potion, Shield power station in chapter 7 is a power point, sinister gives an exp boost).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:50:05 PM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #674 on: July 14, 2014, 12:48:04 PM

Seems to me that after the empty midtowns, whatever changes they've made spawn things a lot faster. I an't remember getting any of those "where the fuck are the whatevers" since then.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #675 on: July 14, 2014, 12:52:58 PM

Some of the Midtown legendaries can be slow because the thing you will need, like lava-men, will inevitably not be spawning and you'll need to clear out spawn points multiple times before they appear.

As for story mode waypoints they are not worth unlocking by playing through the story unless you are already doing a legendary in a story area in which case the startiing waypoint will be automatically unlocked for you and you are near another waypoint while completing the legendary. The story waypoints are locked per difficulty so even if you bothered to unlock, say, all the Normal mode story waypoints they will be locked when you hit Heroic and again when you hit Superheroic.

Hub waypoints can be unlocked more easily by getting one hero to each of them and then switching to all your other characters that need that waypoint while at that hub.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #676 on: July 14, 2014, 02:18:23 PM

I am finding this way more interesting than I really should. 2.0 D3 didn't hook me this hard.

Anyway, is there a good place to read all about the various things, legendaries, Omega points, crafting, etc.? The people on the forums seem to like writing a whole lot of words assuming you already know things. Additionally, lots of stuff appears to be out of date. For example, i just unlocked Scarlet Witch, a recent thread asking for a leveling build recommended another first page post that has out of date information in it. I was also looking for information about a particular LQ and all of the references I found talked about another apparently earlier version of the quest.

Speaking of questions are some of the maps randomized? That LQ was in Lowtown and I had to find two treasure rooms. I could not find the second one so I googled a map, I had little luck and the one I eventually found looked very little like and did not have a door where I thought one should be.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #677 on: July 14, 2014, 02:28:19 PM

Yes the maps are randomized.  That's why the "find treasure rooms" LQs are a pain, lowtown specially is a maze.  If you have any general questions i will gladly answer, as far as character specific stuff goes i can only help with the ones i've played (not scarlet witch).  I got most of my info from the something awful thread on the game.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:31:00 PM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #678 on: July 14, 2014, 03:05:00 PM

Omega points are brand new and still in 'beta' so they change around a lot every other patch.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #679 on: July 14, 2014, 03:06:20 PM

So far i mostly stick my points in "guilt suppression research" under the neural tab (punisher icon).  Spirit on kill and brutal rating are great on every single char.

I am the .00000001428%
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #680 on: July 14, 2014, 03:30:44 PM

If you are willing to watch a video there's this one:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/66617/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-for-new-players-new-video-added-for-mh-2015-updated-for-1-06

Haven't watched it myself but it seems pretty comprehensive.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #681 on: July 14, 2014, 03:31:50 PM

Are retcon devices only available for real money and as a very rare drop? This is the only thing I find fairly annoying. Both of the characters I've played so far, Storm and Daredevil, seem to work best at 60 with mostly late talents. I imagine Storm works well with any points, but she works gloriously with the cookie cutter. But she was my first character so I had one free. With Daredevil I knew more going in so I could see how he's a bit more fiddly, so I just waited to spend points this weekend. But that was more than a little tedious and I can't imagine that working for normal non-boosted leveling.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #682 on: July 14, 2014, 03:36:02 PM

Killing bullseye (chapter 4, upper east side) in the story quest gets you a retcon device once per difficulty.  They were also dropping fairly regularly while drops were boosted last weekend, they do drop from mobs but normally it is rare.  Not "never see one" rare like costumes, but maybe once a week rare.  You can also get them from the fortune cards you buy with cube shards (only use cube shards on fortune cards). I have more retcon devices than i know what to do with and i use them fairly regularly, 3 guaranteed per char + random drops + fortune cards gets you enough that you never really have to buy them.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:37:53 PM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #683 on: July 14, 2014, 03:44:10 PM

So far i mostly stick my points in "guilt suppression research" under the neural tab (punisher icon).  Spirit on kill and brutal rating are great on every single char.

Since I really like the enemy radar thing for the mini map, I've been getting the SHIELD tree Omega skill that gives it to you on any character that doesn't already have it as a skill.  That way I don't have to use otherwise crappy artifacts to get it.

Over and out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #684 on: July 14, 2014, 03:48:00 PM

Are retcon devices only available for real money and as a very rare drop? This is the only thing I find fairly annoying. Both of the characters I've played so far, Storm and Daredevil, seem to work best at 60 with mostly late talents. I imagine Storm works well with any points, but she works gloriously with the cookie cutter. But she was my first character so I had one free. With Daredevil I knew more going in so I could see how he's a bit more fiddly, so I just waited to spend points this weekend. But that was more than a little tedious and I can't imagine that working for normal non-boosted leveling.
They've started dropping again as a very rare drop.

Edit: Threash already answered story mode retcons
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #685 on: July 14, 2014, 06:38:25 PM

I think you can get them for the same splinters you use for random heroes too?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #686 on: July 14, 2014, 06:50:31 PM

Yeah, 65 splinters, but that would just be a complete waste.  Hell thats more than a third of a random hero and a new hero gets you three more from the story anyways.

I am the .00000001428%
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #687 on: July 14, 2014, 07:10:37 PM

Unless your random box is another Punisher ultimate token!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #688 on: July 15, 2014, 06:08:13 PM

Unless your random box is another Punisher ultimate token!

I fell your pain.  I have 4 of them. Heartbreak
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #689 on: July 15, 2014, 06:10:30 PM

I leveled punisher all the way to 60 during the 250% exp bonus and i'll be damned if i know what his ult even does.  It's the least flashy ult of all the chars i've played.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 06:12:18 PM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #690 on: July 15, 2014, 06:26:09 PM

I saw Lant and she was 56 at the same time I was, AFKing in the Hub.  Lant, how long did it take you to get to 60 yesterday?
A few hours maybe, once I returned?  I wasn't really paying attention.  I think I went through two one hour triple boosts that day and just did legendaries.  I never rerolled though.  If a quest took me to a terminal or the open world, I went there and did it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #691 on: July 15, 2014, 07:53:51 PM

Any newbie tips?  I remember trying this a long time ago but it didn't hook me.  Tried it again the other day, after finding out my old account had been wiped, and I'm having some fun with it.  However, I pretty much have no idea what i am doing out of the questing/combat stuff.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #692 on: July 15, 2014, 10:55:14 PM

I'd play through the story one time on Normal difficulty and then do legendary quests mixed in with whatever challenges you enjoy (Midtown Madness, X-Defense, Holo-Sim) until you hit 60 or get tired of playing that hero and what to try somebody else.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #693 on: July 16, 2014, 05:29:20 AM

Don't sell anything, donate everything to your crafter until he is at least level 10.  I'd actually level the crafter up to max before anything else, then start on the enchanter.  The weapon and armor vendors are not important.  Never donate any uniques, you can trade repeats of any level for other uniques once you level your crafter enough.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #694 on: July 16, 2014, 07:36:25 AM

Another newbie tip: turning your graphics up higher increases performance.  Yeah, not kidding on that one.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: July 16, 2014, 08:29:03 AM

Another newbie tip: turning your graphics up higher increases performance.  Yeah, not kidding on that one.

FWIW, did not work for me, but I already have them pretty high. New card sitting next to the PC though. Is that the definition of old? Letting a new card sit around for a week because it's too much work to install it?

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #696 on: July 16, 2014, 08:30:36 AM

FWIW, did not work for me, but I already have them pretty high. New card sitting next to the PC though. Is that the definition of old? Letting a new card sit around for a week because it's too much work to install it?
That is just a travesty.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #697 on: July 16, 2014, 09:07:24 AM

Any newbie tips?  I remember trying this a long time ago but it didn't hook me.  Tried it again the other day, after finding out my old account had been wiped, and I'm having some fun with it.  However, I pretty much have no idea what i am doing out of the questing/combat stuff.

Here's a quick tips video that was posted in the Marvel Heroes subreddit. It looks like this guy has produced other videos as well on the game.

-Rasix
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #698 on: July 16, 2014, 11:25:49 AM

Thanks for the info.  Hmm wish I knew about the unique items earlier.  I've sold a few lower level ones.  I'm assuming you mean the cosmic items.  Also I've been leveling up the gear and weapon vendor :O
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #699 on: July 16, 2014, 11:33:07 AM

Uniques are brown, cosmics are yellow. AFAIK cosmics are just vendor bait if you can't use them.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: