Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:14:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 891473 times)
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: June 17, 2014, 10:46:31 PM

I really like MK. This game is like crack to altaholics like me. If it had character specific quests I'd never leave the house.  why so serious?

It sounded like they're going to have some character specific achievements at the very least when those get implemented later this month, so might be time to start stockpiling on food.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:46 AM

I never really read anything but the mutants, so the game has really led me to read a lot more comics. Thank Gods for Marvel Unlimited.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: June 19, 2014, 09:08:56 AM

If anyone actually has ign prime for whatever reason they are having a random hero giveaway.  I bet this one lasts a while. http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/marvel-heroes-item

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: June 19, 2014, 12:34:09 PM

The http://www.onrpg.com/giveaways/marvel-heroes-2015-random-hero-box-giveaway/ is doing it again, I got a duplicate Thor from it. Oh well!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #459 on: June 19, 2014, 12:38:50 PM

Get Key button doesn't work Ohhhhh, I see.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: June 19, 2014, 12:48:56 PM

Worked for me.  Thanks!

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: June 19, 2014, 12:49:41 PM

It told me that "several keys have already been redeemed from this I.P. address".  swamp poop

But when I reloaded the page and tried again, it gave me a key.   rolleyes  So I finally got a hero from one of these promotions.  I got Taskmaster, which isn't a bad deal since I don't have any of the other heroes his abilities are based on and I've heard he's fun.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: June 19, 2014, 12:52:17 PM

Taskmaster is a really good hero yea, not a bad freebie.

Going into Private Browsing mode can get around a lot of those already redeemed bugs from these giveaways.

Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: June 19, 2014, 02:07:08 PM

As a non-browser of reddit I had not heard of ifttt before. Basically, create an account then activate the formula/recipe for your account and it can send emails when reddit posts a giveaway notification for random box heroes. I think someone made an sms version to if someone wants, I just prefer using an email account for it.

https://ifttt.com/recipes/183168-if-new-giveaway-for-marvel-heroes-then-send-email
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: June 20, 2014, 10:21:21 AM

There's a new Advance Pack up, looks like it'll be around for a week or so according to Gaz. It's pretty impressive if you like most of the characters, but for me it just means Rogue will be in game soon, and that's a good thing. I'm currently waiting for them to put a release date on Beast (my favourite X-man) and X-23, but Rogue was a nice surprise to see fast-tracked.

Anyone have any particular favourite heroes that aren't released or haven't been announced yet? I'd love to see Fantomex in game. Some of the new class of X-men would be nice, too - Quentin Quire, Armor etc, though they'd be nice additions just as NPCs at the school. Glob Herman running around on fire. Beak being... well. Beak.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: June 20, 2014, 11:25:16 AM

"Soon" in this case probably means december.  It's one hero release per month (apart from this one that has two) and i believe rogue is supposed to be the last one. As far as missing favorites go, i've heard zero talk of Bishop who should be pretty popular right now because of the movie and already has an in game model.

I am the .00000001428%
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: June 20, 2014, 11:26:52 AM

Warlock from the New Mutants would be fun just for the innanity of it.  I'd love to see how they do a Quicksilver.  Hank Pym - with the ability to be Giant Man or Ant-man - would be good (and I imagine we might get in a year or so).  Hyperion or Sentry would be fun for the Superman rip offs.  Mr. Fantastic done right - which would be very hard - would be fun to watch.  Forge - with a varied arsenal, could be interesting.  Never going to happen, but I have a soft spot for Justice from the New Universe era.  Howard the Duck.  Dazzler, but only if she was loaded down with early 80s references and had roller skates.  Sasquatch.  

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: June 20, 2014, 11:57:18 AM

Mr Fantastic will be out in a couple months and I want to say Dazzler is on the list, but not soon.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: June 20, 2014, 12:22:26 PM

Pretty sure mr fantastic is this month.

I am the .00000001428%
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: June 20, 2014, 12:30:11 PM

I can't believe the pace these guys work at.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: June 20, 2014, 01:21:48 PM

CAK3 for 10 free cake slices.

I am the .00000001428%
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #471 on: June 20, 2014, 03:50:08 PM

Anyone have any particular favourite heroes that aren't released or haven't been announced yet? I'd love to see Fantomex in game. Some of the new class of X-men would be nice, too - Quentin Quire, Armor etc, though they'd be nice additions just as NPCs at the school. Glob Herman running around on fire. Beak being... well. Beak.

Devil Dinosaur, preferably the Nextwave version.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #472 on: June 20, 2014, 04:03:34 PM

Oooh, good call. Next Wave Aaron Stack would be awesome too. Like Inspector Gadget, in Andrea Dworkin's bra.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: June 20, 2014, 04:26:04 PM

I have no idea who any of you are talking about :(

I am the .00000001428%
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #474 on: June 20, 2014, 05:21:27 PM

Me neither and its not like I haven't read comics.

Characters I wouldn't mind seeing:
-War Machine (seems obvious)
-Darkhawk
-Sleepwalker (actually I'm not sure how you would represent him in a game, but I have a fond spot)
-Deathlok

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: June 20, 2014, 05:39:37 PM

I'd like to see them do something along the lines of CoV, actually.

Can't really think of any heroes I'd be particularly excited about.  Domino, or Jubilee maybe? Cloak and Dagger?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: June 20, 2014, 05:47:52 PM

War Machine is on the list, no date though.

Domino is going to be a team-up, no idea if she'll ever make it to playable.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #477 on: June 20, 2014, 05:48:25 PM

More heroes is a good thing, but that's all that keeps being released, right?  Am I missing something being added at the top end since I don't have a maxed hero yet?

If not, then the pace is right where we should expect of all game companies for what's being added. Animations, models and effects that have a pretty damn long history to have been drawn from. Everything else is numbers.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #478 on: June 20, 2014, 05:49:37 PM

Devil Dinosaur was one of the most ill conceived creations of Jack Kirby. Set on an alternate Earth where dinosaurs never went extinct and co-evolved along side monkey people. Devil Dinosaur was an intelligent red T-Rex looking dinosaur who for some reason let some monkey man named Moon Child ride around on his head while together they accomplished a whole lot of nothing. Maybe they fought dinosaur crime or some shit. Anyway, they eventually made it to the regular Marvel universe's Savage Lands. Once here they accomplished a lore of fuck all nothing until Moon Child was taken prisoner by SHIELD because why the fuck not, he's a monkey man so he's guilty of something. This makes Devil Dinosaur sad so the Savage Land dinosaurs band together declare war on SHIELD and attack the rest of the earth. Some shit that's stupid even by Marvel standards happens and Moon Child gets back to the Savage Land where he and Devil Dinosaur trample plants or whatever all day in happiness.

Then Nextwave uses the character and finally gives him the ability to speak. At this point he's become a criminal mastermind who's gone insane with hatred for humans and monkey because all they want to do is ride around on his head all day and lie to him. He's also started wearing a smoking jacket, crevat, a glass of wine, and some sort of revolver.

The reason I really want to see him in this game is despite being large enough to just eat people whole or trample crowds to death he'd shoot them with his pistol instead and then monologue them to death.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: June 20, 2014, 05:58:39 PM

X-23 will be an insta-buy for me but that's about it. I'm not a comics nerd at all so she, Gambit, and Scarlet Witch are the only characters I'm interested in from a game like this, lore-wise.

It's piqued enough interest in the Marvel universe to get me to cough up for a month or two of Marvel Unlimited, though. So it's a success for the brand that way.

More heroes is a good thing, but that's all that keeps being released, right?  Am I missing something being added at the top end since I don't have a maxed hero yet?

If not, then the pace is right where we should expect of all game companies for what's being added. Animations, models and effects that have a pretty damn long history to have been drawn from. Everything else is numbers.
Well, they did just release their first raid. That's been a long time coming since it's a whole new system, so we've yet to see whether they can pump out that sort of content on a schedule.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: June 20, 2014, 06:17:06 PM

More heroes is a good thing, but that's all that keeps being released, right?  Am I missing something being added at the top end since I don't have a maxed hero yet?

They added their first raid and what they call a one-shot, a kind of single player dungeon/challenge thing. They have more one-shots in the pipe and another 'midtown' style zone on the way. They also use their existing content in new ways just to give people more shit to do.

A lot of their work is just numbers, but its still on a pace that I've yet to see any other mmo'ish company match. When they say "we are doing a class overhaul on X" they actually do it, not in some nebulous 6-12 month future. Like in a 'we started on X' few weeks pass 'here's X's new stuff!' then release. They're not pretending to analyze data sets like their working on the fucking large hadron collider, they basically do the obvious whenever it's well, obvious.

Shit gets down, it's refreshing!

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: June 20, 2014, 06:26:03 PM

It's like the Bizarro version of Blizzard!

So how big does a single game thread need to get before it reaches critical mass and gets its own subforum?

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: June 20, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

We don't need a whole sub forum to post free hero codes.  why so serious?

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: June 20, 2014, 07:21:48 PM

Can't really think of any heroes I'd be particularly excited about.  Domino, or Jubilee maybe? Cloak and Dagger?

They already released Loki and Taskmaster and that new hero pack includes Magneto Venom and Juggernaut.  They are having some in game lore reason for why the villains are helping the heroes, i knew what it was but i forgot.  I think it had something to do with Surtur.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:23:56 PM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #484 on: June 20, 2014, 07:28:31 PM

All of those have been 'antiheroes' at some point, not just straight up villains.

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: June 20, 2014, 07:46:41 PM

Can't really think of any heroes I'd be particularly excited about.  Domino, or Jubilee maybe? Cloak and Dagger?

They already released Loki and Taskmaster and that new hero pack includes Magneto Venom and Juggernaut.  They are having some in game lore reason for why the villains are helping the heroes, i knew what it was but i forgot.  I think it had something to do with Surtur.

The Cube thing broke into tiny shards and splinters and is causing pocket realities to spill over everywhere. It's also why you can have spiderman teamed up with spiderman.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: June 20, 2014, 07:47:11 PM

All of those have been 'antiheroes' at some point, not just straight up villains.

This. Venom has been, for want of a better word, a 'good guy' several times, and that doesn't even include being a member of Thunderbolts. So Venom gets to play Marvel Heroes. Carnage, on the otherhand, is 100% asshole, so won't likely ever become playable. Likewise Bullseye and a whole host of other terminally evil characters.

Cloak and Dagger I would *love* to see become playable, but I'd want them to be a double-act. I have no idea how it would work - I guess like a normal hero with a team-up companion, but a toggle that would let you switch between either to control them? I'd also love to see Molly in game. They'd probably go for Future/Brotherhood Molly rather than Princess Powerful Molly, but still. PUNCH ALL THE THINGS.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: June 20, 2014, 08:08:48 PM

X-23 will be an insta-buy for me but that's about it. I'm not a comics nerd at all so she, Gambit, and Scarlet Witch are the only characters I'm interested in from a game like this, lore-wise.

It's piqued enough interest in the Marvel universe to get me to cough up for a month or two of Marvel Unlimited, though. So it's a success for the brand that way.

She's been 75% done for a while now, and already confirmed as a 200 splinter/5 bucks hero.

I am the .00000001428%
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: June 22, 2014, 01:15:22 AM

Doing a winmerge on the test server vs the game server it looks like Mr. Fantastic is the surprise hero for the end of the week. All his files got loaded tonight. Also something about a hellcarrier invasion....And lizardbears.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: June 22, 2014, 06:43:52 AM

That wouldn't be a surprise though, they been open about the schedule for him.  If there is a surprise it would be x-23 who's been someone's side project and nearly done for months.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: