Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  (Read 891465 times)
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: April 25, 2014, 05:44:26 PM

I got the Hulk.  Sadness.

I did get a dark phoenix costume for Jean Gray, so yay.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: April 25, 2014, 07:35:52 PM

I got Squirrel Girl as my freebie and a Dominatrix costume for Jean, who I don't own.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #247 on: April 25, 2014, 07:58:33 PM

I got Ms Marvel (meh) and Hawkeye (d'oh) and a Punisher costume from the era of Punisher I read religiously so (yay) but I don't own Punisher obv.

So I have Scarlet Witch and Daredevil.

I'm remembering how I had a hard time with this game. You just run around and stuff happens but I'm never sure what I should actually be doing and what I should be ignoring.

All in all without the go deeper to kill demons simplicity I find myself feeling very aimless as I wander around killing shit. Also the game seems crazy easy compared to when I played it a long while ago. Mobs do almost no damage to me now compared to then.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: April 25, 2014, 09:26:35 PM

All in all without the go deeper to kill demons simplicity I find myself feeling very aimless as I wander around killing shit. Also the game seems crazy easy compared to when I played it a long while ago. Mobs do almost no damage to me now compared to then.

Hit level 20 and you unlock legendary quests. If you want simplicity, you can just chain those ad infinitum. They're quick and as soon as you finish one you automatically get another. They're better experience than anything else and every one you do gives you odin marks that you need to purchase legendaries or enchant artifacts.

And yeah, even without making any effort to play defensively, it's almost actively difficult to die in the first difficulty mode. That changes as you progress.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: April 25, 2014, 10:30:07 PM

Hawkeye
exclusively ranged character
Not if you BELIEVE. My Hawkeye looks like this and has a maxed Excalibur. It's very  why so serious?.

(his TTL/sustain kind of sucks especially after the 25% costume core nerf but OH WELL guess I'll switch to Lemuria)

I got sick of all the space crafting mats take up so i donated all of them to the crafter.  That was probably a bad idea since the bar hardly moved.  I did get one of the few heroes i was missing from that random code so thanks for that!.
Common (turqoise) crafting mats drop like candy so it's probably fine. I've had a stash page full of the max rank ones forever and I will probably sell most of them just to free up space.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #250 on: April 25, 2014, 10:32:02 PM

I wish there was a way to see what random hero I got without reinstalling the game...

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #251 on: April 25, 2014, 10:40:24 PM

Hit level 20 and you unlock legendary quests. If you want simplicity, you can just chain those ad infinitum. They're quick and as soon as you finish one you automatically get another. They're better experience than anything else and every one you do gives you odin marks that you need to purchase legendaries or enchant artifacts.

And yeah, even without making any effort to play defensively, it's almost actively difficult to die in the first difficulty mode. That changes as you progress.

That I can handle/do. I don't understand where its sending me or why some things are counted on my kill 10 gang members (very unclear) or not but whatever.

What about all this fucking stuff in my inventory? I can't figure out what the rune stone things are for, it says go to the dude but his 3 tabs seem related to completely other shit.

Oh and what is the need of level'd vendor vs level'd crafter vs credits? With all these event things dropping that can either but sold or xp'd I find myself wondering.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: April 25, 2014, 11:09:24 PM

Most people say Crafter > Enchanter > Other vendors > Money. I left crafter at 10 while maxing enchanter and don't regret it, but only because my unique drops while leveling up Hawkeye were shitty and also shitty, and he's the only character I care about min/maxing right now.

Save your runes if you can, but the 270-cost ones are pretty common so don't feel too bad about vendoring those.

Relics (pink names): keep Gibborim (+spirit) and Lemuria (+life on hit) for sure. The shittiest ones are tenacity, move speed, damage return, and crit damage so feel free to leave those behind.

Artifacts (orange): Low level stuff is whatever. Once you get to 30 or so you want to start paying attention to which ones are valuable for trade. Too much to list off the top of my head, but if it doesn't have at least a couple hundred points in a couple different damage stats it's probably not worth much.

Anything that says something to the effect of "collect these and sell or donate them" is event-specific vendor junk; donate them to your crafter.

Crafting mats (turqoise) can be farmed as needed; I think the only thing you need a large amount for is rerolling costume affixes but you can't do that until you level your crafter some anyway.

Eternity Splinters and Cube Shards are currency used to buy rare shit so hang onto them.

Gear can generally be vendored if you're not using it right now. Hang onto your uniques though as your crafter can make them useful later, even low-level ones.

Am I forgetting anything?
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: April 25, 2014, 11:46:36 PM

Decided to give this a go again. Things are going better, mostly because I got Loki as my free hero and he is a fucking house. No cooldown spammable teleport that leaves a clone behind to punch things with you invisible is so boss. Hopefully the rest of the clone skills turn out as fun.

I got one of the nvidia codes off ebay and grabbed Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, and Rocket Racoon, netting Wolverine, Black Panther and Spider-Man for free, along with Colossus as my starter. Debating spending the last of my G on either Storm for another roll at a free hero, or just grabbing a stash tab.

Other than that I'll echo that they could use some serious work on clarifying WTF your supposed to be doing at any given time, and how all the countless systems work together.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: April 26, 2014, 12:52:15 AM

Am I forgetting anything?

I think ezrast pretty much covered it, but I'll just reiterate that you probably want to sell stuff to the crafter until they hit level 10 before anything else. That's the point at which you can unlock the costume core crafting which can give your costume slot some special or rare find and other useful stats.

After crafter level 10, the enchanting stuff seems a lot more worthwhile to me than further leveling the main crafter. The enchanter gives runewords and enchants which don't drop in the game, whereas the normal crafter can't even craft the best two tiers of equipment (cosmics and uniques). I guess if you really want the ability to unbind artifacts and trade them around it's worthwhile.

Also, I'd say just keep all of the relics. You never know; they might rebalance the shitty ones, and identical relics stack to 1000, so it's not going to bleed your bank space all that much.

Oh, and apparently there's a currency cap of 3 million credits, which isn't all that hard to hit even if you never actually sell gear. Keep that in mind.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: April 26, 2014, 01:39:42 AM

Decided to give this a go again. Things are going better, mostly because I got Loki as my free hero and he is a fucking house. No cooldown spammable teleport that leaves a clone behind to punch things with you invisible is so boss. Hopefully the rest of the clone skills turn out as fun.

I got one of the nvidia codes off ebay and grabbed Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, and Rocket Racoon, netting Wolverine, Black Panther and Spider-Man for free, along with Colossus as my starter. Debating spending the last of my G on either Storm for another roll at a free hero, or just grabbing a stash tab.

Other than that I'll echo that they could use some serious work on clarifying WTF your supposed to be doing at any given time, and how all the countless systems work together.

Yeah, they need a tutorial of some sort to explain how the game systems work.  Its not that complicated once you figure it out but getting there in the first place is difficult.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: April 26, 2014, 06:20:15 AM

Gear can generally be vendored if you're not using it right now. Hang onto your uniques though as your crafter can make them useful later, even low-level ones.
Ah damn.  I've nuked several Squirrel Girl uniques that were junky compared to her regular stuff or duplicates.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: April 26, 2014, 02:48:07 PM

Ok i haven't played in forever and all my points got reset, someone give me a good build for loki at level 26.

I am the .00000001428%
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #258 on: April 26, 2014, 02:55:44 PM

You can use retcon over and over right now so just mess with it imo.

Also there are new codes to turn in:

http://orcz.com/Marvel_Heroes:_Promo_Codes

-William Gibson
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: April 26, 2014, 03:16:11 PM

So I had downloaded this game earlier this week to finally try it out.  Log in yesterday and all the starting heroes looked pretty uninspiring since every single one that I was interested in was blocked off.  Decided to try Widow.  logged in, got all the goodies and my free hero was... Rocket Raccoon, who out of all the heroes in the entire game is at the very bottom of the list of ones I would ever play.  Whatever, I'll just pretend they weren't giving away a free hero I guess.

Start playing.  Get to level 5 and the game crashes.  Try to start it up again and the game just hangs before ever loading up.  Reboot, try the repair thing, nothing helps.  The game just won't start for some reason.  Completely uninstall the whole game and reinstall it, which means I can't play again until today.  Game actually starts up after being reinstalled.  Yay!  Get to level 9 and I'm on the Table of Life and Time.  The tablet isn't there.  Look around for a while to see if there's some kind of trick I'm missing.  Nope.  Log out and log back in again, still not there.  Exit the game completely, wait a half hour, log back in and the tablet still isn't there.

So since I can't progress in the game anymore, I'll just chalk this up as a giant waste of time.

Over and out.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: April 26, 2014, 04:22:02 PM

So last i remember i beat the story and did a few random things, that was several months ago.  I am level 28 and have no idea what to do now, what should i do?

I am the .00000001428%
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #261 on: April 26, 2014, 04:50:00 PM

The most useful advice I was given was just do whatever your legendary quest tells you to do. Added bonus if your legendary quest coincides with this Reaper thing, which I hear does good stuff..     *?*

http://www.hub4heroes.com/big-10

This tells you what areas are in "reaper mode" for the extra goodness. I assume its massive increased drop rates because getting 4 levels in midtown I got something like 6 uniques and several cosmics.

It may be that doing whatever is in reaper mode is worth more than doing the legendary odin currency quests is worth. I have used a bunch of credits RNG'ing the quest to be in the area I want to be in for reaper droprates but I have no fucking clue if that was smart. Also its annoying since everyone said fuck credits but I wished I had more credits.

-William Gibson
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: April 26, 2014, 05:03:45 PM

Best of my knowledge the reaper mode just doubles or triples the amount of loot you get from nameds.

I wouldn't say it's worth more than odin mark currency. You need 300 odin marks to get a legendary. You need 100 for each artifact you enchant. So if you ever really want to max out a character, you'll need 700 of them, which takes a looooot of legendary quest grinding.

Personally, I never reroll legendary quests. The only ones I'd be tempted to be reroll would be some of the annoying ones that require killing x of a particular hard to find mob in midtown, but midtown itself is such ridiculously good xp that I just grin and bear it and grind while looking for the right mob type. Once I'm close to the currency cap, I'll probably be more selective.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #263 on: April 26, 2014, 05:19:11 PM

Midtown is crazy right now. I had to take a break from it cause my elbow is getting sore from all the clicking -- just like the good old days of Diablo II. The multi-boss encounters (3 or 4 at a time) there are respawning every 5 minutes or so after they are defeated. That's barely enough time to run back to the base at the top of the map and sell/donate/stash your stuff before the next one starts up. The same fast respawn is happening with other event bosses in some of the other zones but at my low level (29 currently) those other zones only spawn a single boss.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: April 27, 2014, 08:10:42 AM

Ok yeah that midtown stuff is a crazy loot pinata, what should i be doing if i wanna level the quickest though?  Also eternity splinters are for new heroes, but what are odin marks and cube thingies for?

I am the .00000001428%
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #265 on: April 27, 2014, 09:02:22 AM

Ok yeah that midtown stuff is a crazy loot pinata, what should i be doing if i wanna level the quickest though?  Also eternity splinters are for new heroes, but what are odin marks and cube thingies for?
Quickest leveling for people just starting out would be Legendary Quests (LQs) once you hit 20 as mentioned above. There are ways to level up even faster if you have the cash to reroll LQs and have special items and stuff -- e.g. rerolling to LQs that you can do in the Holo-Sim apparently gives the absolutely best XP as the Holo-Sim gives very good XP by itself.

A brief explanation is here:

http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/72380/how-are-people-leveling-so-fasthttp://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/72380/how-are-people-leveling-so-fast

You can Google for more detailed guides (like what are all the items you need to max out your XP bonuses).

Odin Marks are for enchanting artifacts (Legendary Blessings) and buying Legendary items (also mentioned above). Cube Shards you can turn in to Clea for Fortune Cards and other stuff.

Edit: BTW something I learned today is if you have a Team-Up character you can CTRL-Right Click to move stuff to and from the Team-Up inventory panel.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:08:11 AM by Trippy »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: April 28, 2014, 07:38:58 AM

Are the uniques you buy with mysterious eggs any good?

I am the .00000001428%
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: April 28, 2014, 08:00:38 AM

So many squirrels. SO MANY!  ACK!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: April 28, 2014, 08:32:50 AM

Are the uniques you buy with mysterious eggs any good?
Eh, not really. Like, they're better than purples, so you could kickstart a fresh 60 with them, but I'd rather just take my chances with ghost boxes while I farm up "real" uniques.

Although you could justify it by saying you're putting a max RiF set together, which is as valid an endgame goal as anything in this game.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #269 on: April 28, 2014, 09:33:34 AM

Except when you get to the final story boss -- that guy is an asshole and a big jump in difficulty. Oh and Pyro can be a pain too.

Edit: I just realized the Pyro thing is from Australia Day.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 09:42:30 AM by Trippy »
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: April 28, 2014, 01:09:49 PM

Welp this promotion got me to drop 20 bucks on them.  Got nightcrawler and taskmaster, got rocket raccoon and human torch for free.

I am the .00000001428%
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: April 28, 2014, 01:42:23 PM

Welp this promotion got me to drop 20 bucks on them.  Got nightcrawler and taskmaster, got rocket raccoon and human torch for free.

Iron-man is ridiculously overpowered compared to Colossus.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #272 on: April 28, 2014, 01:49:51 PM

Seems like ranged have a huge advantage over melee right now.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: April 28, 2014, 02:20:17 PM

Sounds like D3 and path of exile.

I am the .00000001428%
Goldenmean
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: April 28, 2014, 08:17:07 PM

Except when you get to the final story boss -- that guy is an asshole and a big jump in difficulty. Oh and Pyro can be a pain too.

Yeah, I shouldn't have said it didn't get hard until the second difficulty. The whole final chapter actually is a noticeable jump in difficulty. I've been assuming that was because it was added post-launch, and has different mob tuning coefficients in place.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #275 on: April 29, 2014, 12:49:01 AM

Server died Ohhhhh, I see.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: April 29, 2014, 10:50:05 AM

For those who have not tried rocket raccoon is actually pretty decent. He is a bit slow in some parts leveling up but with his shield I have yet to die with him when my hawkeye has gone splat more than a few times. I hit the mid 20s to unlock his high end damage power Big Flarkin Gun and holy crap he is now truly hilarious. It is like a giant flashlight of death that you can just sweep across the screen to melt armies.

With that his two supression turrets which are aoe damage/stun turrets and groot he can can mosh a stupid number of targets very rapidly.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #277 on: April 29, 2014, 10:54:00 AM

Yeah Rocket Raccoon can be pretty OP. The best X-Defense I've been in so far (still at the mid-levels) was mostly cause of the RR player that was in the group. He also has the best quips so far of the heroes I've tried.

Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: April 29, 2014, 11:48:10 AM

Despite being rather silly, and never having heard of either of them before playing this game, RR and SG have turned out to be two of my favourite characters in the game.  And two of the most survivable.  Although I could really do without hearing "Let's go Tippy-Toe!" or "Get em gang!" every time I use Sic Em  Ohhhhh, I see.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: April 29, 2014, 12:51:45 PM

Deadpool has by far the best quips.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Gazillion's Marvel MMO - F2P, Play as existing Marvel characters only  
Jump to: