Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:56:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: What's up with EVEMON? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's up with EVEMON?  (Read 2663 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: March 14, 2008, 04:33:43 AM

Maybe I'm just a lazy git but EveMon stopped working since last patch and I couldn't find any info on the boards. What's the rumour about it? And hey, hope it's not just me.

By the way, to make this thread sligthly less selfish and of common interest, for all the very new people around here who don't know what EVeMon is, well GET IT NOW. It should be mandatory if you ask me.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:36:16 AM by Falconeer »

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 04:44:13 AM

The notes on the server outage today say that the API (Application Programming Interface, or, the instructions for talking to the EVE servers by third parties in non-techie) has been disabled while they figure out some database issues.  I'm guessing your EVEMON issues are related to that.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 06:57:02 AM

Yep, the API being down fucks evemon.  The changes they make with many major patches also fuck evemon quite often.

You can tell the problem is with CCP by going to the "My Character" link on the left of the eve site and trying to download your character's XML data, or you or your corp's wallet transactions or journal.  Right now it will fail.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 01:41:26 PM

It's working again.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
jtravers
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 12:18:25 AM

I had to input my api information into EVEMon in order for it to function after the outage. It is indeed up and running.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 05:24:51 AM

Yes. For everyone BUT me.  ACK!

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 06:01:58 AM

Yes. For everyone BUT me.  ACK!
regenerate your API key.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 08:51:25 AM

Did that 3 times in the last 3 days. Still not working.

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 11:11:10 AM

There was a new version released yesterday I think.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 03:45:34 AM

I just fired up mine and it works fine today. It picked up what I'm training despite the server being down.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 04:31:36 AM

Corpulent, which I use for managing my POS chain, is not working since the patch, with an apparent change to the API.  This is a pest.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 08:43:00 AM

I just fired up mine and it works fine today. It picked up what I'm training despite the server being down.

Liar!  cry

- Viin
Stephen Zepp
Developers

InstantAction

Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 11:48:46 AM

I'm seeing some issues with it as well, but haven't as far as I am aware grabbed the update (maybe I have actually--just downloaded it two days ago).

It seems to be in some cases (normally once a skill is trained) corrupting the data, or calling the wrong API calls--quite a few times it cannot update to the next skill, and my most recent interesting one was seeing my skill points at the negative 2 million range ;)

Rumors of War
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: What's up with EVEMON?  
Jump to: