Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Peeves  (Read 156957 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: January 18, 2012, 09:56:48 AM

It drives me crazy that my mats don't autostack when I move them to my vault.

Yay! It looks like they fixed this.

Fantastic if true!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #316 on: January 18, 2012, 09:59:41 AM

What would you like to do instead?

Bitch on the forums, duh.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: January 18, 2012, 10:02:03 AM

I'd look at it pretty much the same as I do with any non-MMOG game, if my level 50 has no more content I'll stop playing him. I'll roll an alt to see other content, or if that doesn't show me anything new I'll unsub.

However, if for some reason I became psychologically unstable and developed an OCD inclination to repeat the same level each day before taking a shower or whatever, then I'd hope EA would at least have the decency to write a storyline that could feasibly happen each day.

The pvp warzones with the AA cannons shooting the things, or huttball are good examples, voidstar seems silly.

If you are going to the trouble of paying actors to voice everything, you might as well have them voice a storyline that doesn't seem silly when repeated tomorrow.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: January 19, 2012, 10:55:15 AM

Jeez, I went all this time without realizing that the SWTOR login is the same as your EA login. I wonder if the game ever mentioned that.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:16 AM

Been playing a juggernaut recently and one little peeve that's crept up is the way some mobs are dead, but still standing because they're waiting on the animation of the attack that killed them to play out before they drop.

I target a mob and try to attack but nothing happens, then Vette finally finishes her aimed shot animation and the mob drops while I've been standing there wondering wth is going on; is it lag, did I run out of rage? No, it was already dead and I didn't know it.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #320 on: January 20, 2012, 10:50:47 AM

Been playing a juggernaut recently and one little peeve that's crept up is the way some mobs are dead, but still standing because they're waiting on the animation of the attack that killed them to play out before they drop.

I target a mob and try to attack but nothing happens, then Vette finally finishes her aimed shot animation and the mob drops while I've been standing there wondering wth is going on; is it lag, did I run out of rage? No, it was already dead and I didn't know it.

This happens with me smuggler, but in reverse. I send the yeti in to attack something and he rushes over and then stands there for 2 seconds before his attack. Very hard to time an aimed shot or anything else for that matter.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #321 on: January 20, 2012, 10:56:42 AM

Today's little peeve is that if I do all the dailies available to me at 50 (including the 3 heroics) it takes like 2 hours and then I don't have a lot of time left for other stuff. A tighter daily hub would be really nice.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #322 on: January 20, 2012, 02:34:45 PM

Hey, you stole my peeve!

God Save the Horn Players
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #323 on: January 20, 2012, 03:37:54 PM

Today's little peeve is that if I do all the dailies available to me at 50 (including the 3 heroics) it takes like 2 hours and then I don't have a lot of time left for other stuff. A tighter daily hub would be really nice.
They stole that from Rift awesome, for real Ohhhhh, I see.

When Rift has their daily/weekly special currency events all I had time for usually was to run those but then my characters never progressed in their quests.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: January 20, 2012, 03:40:37 PM

I think if they even just had a direct shuttle between Belsavis and Illum, that would shave off like 10-20 minutes.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: January 23, 2012, 07:38:25 AM

More than anything else, hub-to-hub movement is very rapidly escalating for me from little peeve to might-unsub-soon ragemaker. When I compare it to hub-to-hub movement in WoW, SWTOR really, really loses out on several fronts.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: January 23, 2012, 08:08:44 AM

The non-spaceport planets are really the worst, particularly when you're sent back to one for a single quest well after you've outleveled the place.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: January 23, 2012, 08:21:49 AM

Fuck yes. So bad. So so so bad.

What I hate worst in MMOs are not design decisions where I can see the point of what they did and just happen to think there's another way to do it, not design decisions where some unintended consequence is causing an issue, not design decisions that I think someone got lazy on and didn't finish. No, what I hate are the ones where I cannot even imagine why they fucking did something that took effort to do. Like making me go through one more transition screen to go to and from a planet without a spaceport.

So the no-spaceport planets? Let's fuck off first of all on a lore explanation. That won't cut it. Come on, Hoth, for example? The Millennium Falcon blasts off from the surface of Hoth, there's no reason why it shouldn't have a military spaceport I can park at. Ditto any of the no-spaceport planets.

So let's see, it's so that they can have a place for mission triggers to go off, I guess. But there's no reason why those can't work the same way they do in spaceports, nothing about a narrow corridor that is oh-so-much-dramatically-better for the quest to trigger in.

So, I dunno, it's to be a hideous time sink to slow down levelling for level 30-50 players? That's about all that's left as 'this was on purpose'.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: January 23, 2012, 08:30:08 AM

If they want to make it take longer, just give it a super long loading screen like some of the planets seem to have already; at least then I can stay alt tabbed instead of having to walk (because of course you can't mount in these stupid areas) 20' before clicking another stupid loading screen door.

Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: January 23, 2012, 08:34:33 AM

Fuck yes. So bad. So so so bad.

What I hate worst in MMOs are not design decisions where I can see the point of what they did and just happen to think there's another way to do it, not design decisions where some unintended consequence is causing an issue, not design decisions that I think someone got lazy on and didn't finish. No, what I hate are the ones where I cannot even imagine why they fucking did something that took effort to do. Like making me go through one more transition screen to go to and from a planet without a spaceport.

So the no-spaceport planets? Let's fuck off first of all on a lore explanation. That won't cut it. Come on, Hoth, for example? The Millennium Falcon blasts off from the surface of Hoth, there's no reason why it shouldn't have a military spaceport I can park at. Ditto any of the no-spaceport planets.

So let's see, it's so that they can have a place for mission triggers to go off, I guess. But there's no reason why those can't work the same way they do in spaceports, nothing about a narrow corridor that is oh-so-much-dramatically-better for the quest to trigger in.

So, I dunno, it's to be a hideous time sink to slow down levelling for level 30-50 players? That's about all that's left as 'this was on purpose'.

I agree with ya on all of this. Not sure why every planet does not have a spaceport. It is not like they are unique in layout... pretty much an exact copy of the other spaceports on every other planet - save for the exterior. To me, it feels like a rush job in that they wanted the planet up and running and shortcut around putting in the paintjob on a few things. The only place I can tolerate an orbital station docking port is Quesh, mainly because it is a shit planet, but short.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: January 23, 2012, 08:39:31 AM

A new complaint: When zoning into the BH spaceship, for some reason the camera points you back at the exit door so instinctively I click on it, only to zone right back out.

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: January 23, 2012, 09:59:27 AM

if the trooper storyline makes me go back to coruscant one more goddamn time I'm starting a new character. You've been warned game.

The treck from my hangar to general garza and back is just killing my will to play. If fleet pass is on cd for the treck back - I just log out.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #332 on: January 23, 2012, 10:01:01 AM

1k credits for a fleet pass from the security key vendor; best money ever spent and dirt cheap.  Every time you use it just pick another up before heading out.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: January 23, 2012, 10:02:09 AM

Does it have a cooldown?

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: January 23, 2012, 10:03:02 AM

that kind of thing is why you have tips on your (insanely long) loading screens.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: January 23, 2012, 10:06:08 AM

A new complaint: When zoning into the BH spaceship, for some reason the camera points you back at the exit door so instinctively I click on it, only to zone right back out.

I have this happen often when leaving class quest areas. The camera swings around backwards as soon as I exit, and if you keep holding forward you run right back in/up against a red NO ENTRY wall.
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: January 23, 2012, 10:06:39 AM

1k credits for a fleet pass from the security key vendor; best money ever spent and dirt cheap.  Every time you use it just pick another up before heading out.

Here is something unique... probably only to me. I posted about my security key being on my droid and I had flashed a new ROM, thus wiping out the Security Key coder since for whatever reason, you can't back that up. I called in as you all suggested and got the key unlinked so I could log back into the game and was told to go back into the security key site and re-register. Only it gives me the same info it gave me the first time I signed up but will not accept the RNG 8 digit number my app gives me. I tried it a few times, then ten time in a row, then 15 different times. Nothing. I am going to drop them a note rather than another call because it is not OMG pressing... but it is a bit fishy. Seems your account only gets one set of codes at the start and once linked, you can unlink it with the game account, but the random 8-digit number seems to still be on that set of info.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: January 23, 2012, 10:07:35 AM

The other thread reminded me of a peeve:

Most CC doesn't show up as a debuff on mobs. So you have to guess how fucking long it's going to last (better on the classes with 1m CC/1m cooldown, but shitty on things like spacesap)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #338 on: January 23, 2012, 10:10:29 AM

Does it have a cooldown?

One Hour.  So.. by the time you buy the replacement, fly to the new location and run like a mofo through the 3 stages to get to the surface you should be almost done.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: January 23, 2012, 10:19:26 AM

Most CC doesn't show up as a debuff on mobs. So you have to guess how fucking long it's going to last (better on the classes with 1m CC/1m cooldown, but shitty on things like spacesap)

It's why I pull with Mortar Volley, I know when it's up, Sjofn's force lift thing is going to be done soon after.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:13 AM

I dunno if sage CC is just special, but it definitely puts a debuff on mobs that you can watch.

Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: January 23, 2012, 10:41:32 AM

It's why I pull with Mortar Volley, I know when it's up, Sjofn's force lift thing is going to be done soon after.

Mortar Volley is on a minute CD?

Specc'd into balance, my force lift lasts 1 minute and can cc up to 3 strong or less mobs and is instant. There is definitely an icon, but I can not see a ticker on it. Of course, there is also the fact the mob is three feet up in the air as well.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: January 23, 2012, 10:43:19 AM

Specc'd into balance, my force lift lasts 1 minute and can cc up to 3 strong or less mobs and is instant. There is definitely an icon, but I can not see a ticker on it. Of course, there is also the fact the mob is three feet up in the air as well.

Yea, Mortar Volley is 60 second reuse.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: January 23, 2012, 10:45:04 AM

It does the little wipe down counter thing for me, because I know I've specifically watched it a couple times. Although, I guess I can't remember if it was before or after 1.1 patch.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: January 23, 2012, 10:56:22 AM

Sage CC may be special...

As far as CC icons, though, I'd like to have the threat meter list of ALL the currently-aggressed targets, each with healthbars and CC icons.  Rather than having to rotate to check.  Or, heck, put the icons on their nametags.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: January 23, 2012, 11:12:10 AM

It does the little wipe down counter thing for me, because I know I've specifically watched it a couple times. Although, I guess I can't remember if it was before or after 1.1 patch.

Yours shows, but I've never seen the counter work right personally (works fine for DoTs oddly)

Spacesap and commando concussive shell do not put debuff icons up that I've ever seen. Sap drives me nuts because it has no cooldown, so you have no idle indicator of how long it's going to last.

Sap and Conc shell also have the sad side effect of being not very flashy effects, so I have people hit them all the time. But that's not really an interface peeve as much as a "god damnit people stop doing that" peeve.
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: January 23, 2012, 11:57:21 AM

I get it. Never playing either class with a cc, I mistakenly thought they operated similar to sage CC. That said, the more I think about it, the more I do realize that I watch my own hotkey to tell when it is up rather than clicking over to the cc'd target.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #347 on: January 23, 2012, 12:48:42 PM

The new cooldown is starting to annoy me. Even when the green countdown bar is gone, skills won't fine. Watching mouseover cooldowns, seems after the count hits zero there's a delay before button presses for the ability works. Which makes some skills feel really logy.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: January 23, 2012, 01:25:22 PM

My guess would be it's because Sage/Inquisitor CC can be dispelled, while space sap can't be.

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #349 on: January 23, 2012, 01:43:38 PM

The new cooldown is starting to annoy me. Even when the green countdown bar is gone, skills won't fine. Watching mouseover cooldowns, seems after the count hits zero there's a delay before button presses for the ability works. Which makes some skills feel really logy.
I really just wish they'd grey out the button again during CD. I'm getting a bit tired of hitting force leap, nope still on CD. Then hit it a couple more times, finally fires; hit sweep...nope, on CD. Just gets old when it worked fine before.

I understand what they were shooting for, but they need some intermediary visual to show 'conditions have been met to use, but it's on CD'.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves  
Jump to: