Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:28:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Peeves  (Read 156995 times)
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #280 on: January 17, 2012, 12:55:14 PM

A fresh one (not new, just getting more annoying why so serious?

- Print Screen sometimes works and sometimes just doesn't during the cutscenes. Seemingly without rhyme nor reason.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: January 17, 2012, 01:06:34 PM

I'm rich from running hard modes, doing pvp, and completing dailies at level 50.  You can make like 100k a day just running a few Ilum dailies and they provide commendations for enhancements to boot. 

My skill is Armstech.  What a monumental waste.  I'm going to switch to biochem as it seems to be the only crafting worthwhile at endgame.

You don't need to be L50 - I have the exact same crafting skills/class combo and have been pretty flush with cash throughout the leveling process, having paid for two speeders + training (mine and my brother's) at 25 and likely will have to help my brother out again at 40 and 50.  Currently I'm sitting on over 800K at L45 with nothing to spend it on, save for skills and eventually the L50 speeder (and the speeder car).  Instance loot, commendations-purchased mods and the occasional crafted blue barrel have kept me in competitive gear, so the money has just sort of piled up.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #282 on: January 17, 2012, 01:28:53 PM

I've got 200k, still have inv slots to unlock; don't have my lvl 40 cargo bay; only have level 2 speeder training and the STAP. Should probably train combustion canister, too; I don't use it so it's 30k in my pocket for now.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #283 on: January 17, 2012, 02:44:07 PM

I have a peeve, but it goes the other way.  What's the point of credits at level 50?  I have over 1 million credits and the only use I have for them is passing them to alts.  Money seems worthless.  I get all the gear I want from pvp/pve, I get consumables from crafting/commendations.  I guess it gives me cash to allow companions to do tasks, but even that's pointless after a while.  I haven't sent a companion on a mission in over a week.

Feel free to somehow mail it to my 50, then, she has about 30k credits, and I do still want to send my companions out on missions.

God Save the Horn Players
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: January 17, 2012, 03:08:00 PM

Feel free to somehow mail it to my 50, then, she has about 30k credits, and I do still want to send my companions out on missions.

Move to the Jedi Covenant server and I will happily toss you credits.  Empire side.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #285 on: January 17, 2012, 03:59:49 PM

I have a peeve, but it goes the other way.  What's the point of credits at level 50?  I have over 1 million credits and the only use I have for them is passing them to alts.  Money seems worthless.  I get all the gear I want from pvp/pve, I get consumables from crafting/commendations.  I guess it gives me cash to allow companions to do tasks, but even that's pointless after a while.  I haven't sent a companion on a mission in over a week.

Are you not doing your dailies too? Did you catch Ingmar's disease?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #286 on: January 17, 2012, 04:02:24 PM

Armstech has the classic problem of a lot of item crafting in MMOs: an unwillingness to allow players to get even slightly ahead of the intended powering curve. So by the time you can use crafted things and have them be a powerup, you have something better from some other means (commendations, drops, the GTN). Some of the level 48 oranges would be nice, but they fucking require researched metals and compounds from Investigation and at least on my server NO ONE is doing Investigation. I mean, nobody.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #287 on: January 17, 2012, 04:09:38 PM

I did, I hate the dailies in this game, because it feels fucking stupid to do them. I don't want to grind retarded dailies that are spread all over the fucking place, I want to do cool shit. So I level an alt.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #288 on: January 17, 2012, 04:13:46 PM

But the little astromech droids pilot is HURT!

SAVE HIM SJOFN!

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #289 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:15 PM

Armstech has the classic problem of a lot of item crafting in MMOs: an unwillingness to allow players to get even slightly ahead of the intended powering curve. So by the time you can use crafted things and have them be a powerup, you have something better from some other means (commendations, drops, the GTN). Some of the level 48 oranges would be nice, but they fucking require researched metals and compounds from Investigation and at least on my server NO ONE is doing Investigation. I mean, nobody.

I didn't notice the problem you're describing while leveling, it is only at cap that the crafting got less useful. Then again I actually took the mission skill that goes with my craft (and started using it a lot once I had my first speeder paid for.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #290 on: January 17, 2012, 04:16:22 PM

Shouldn't YOU be doing investigation?

I am the .00000001428%
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: January 17, 2012, 04:32:05 PM

Money being nearly useless means you can pretty much ignore the in-game economy, which suits an action oriented game.

Which is pretty much the only way to stop farmers, botting and gold-spam. It's largely what WoW did when everything went BoE and the dailies gave enough income everyone could cover their costs with a quite reasonable time investment. Likewise having crafting as a hobby rather than a business with one or two consumables to give it ongoing marginal value.

A game with a "working" economy is interesting from a design point of view but rarely fun for the majority, and SWTOR needs its numbers.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #292 on: January 17, 2012, 05:10:42 PM

Although true, one of the issues that SWOR has is that BioWare made comments about how player crafting would be worthwhile and how the in-game economy is somehow important (which was one of the reasons for banning people who flipped containers on Ilum).

We few, we jaded few may have recognised that for the PR wank that it was, but a lot of players (especially new players) wouldn't have.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #293 on: January 17, 2012, 05:12:57 PM

Well, the crafting-being-useful-at-cap part at least is pretty easily fixable. I'm not someone who pays much attention to the actual economy so I don't have much to say about that part.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #294 on: January 17, 2012, 06:00:18 PM

So an AoE attack unintentionally hitting a PvP flagged character is considered an attack and flags the caster? I'd certainly hope no bored high levels start abusing that quite reasonable mechanic.

Rezzing a PvP corpse, where the flag is not visible, apparently does the same.

- Simond
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #295 on: January 17, 2012, 06:06:27 PM

That mechanic has been in MMOs since UO.  Fuckers walking in my flame wall.

-Rasix
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #296 on: January 17, 2012, 06:31:33 PM

Pretty sure it's not been in anything more modern like EQ,Rift,WoW (or swiftly repaired before I noticed). Only messed around with UO when it was already mostly dead.

... Speed hacks on live? surely not.

- Simond
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #297 on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:53 PM

To be fair having manual switch to flag your character for pvp and having the skills only affect pvp flagged characters if you flip that switch on to flag yourself as well, would probably make more sense nowadays; at least on pve server.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #298 on: January 17, 2012, 06:34:29 PM

It's been in WoW and Rift.

WoW's solution last time I played was so obnoxious that I turned it off.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:36:04 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #299 on: January 17, 2012, 06:52:59 PM

Out of interest what was it? I never saw it. A dialog box with a modal, "did you really mean to do that?".

- Simond
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #300 on: January 17, 2012, 09:31:35 PM

Please, please add checkboxes to the PvP queue for what battlegrounds you want to queue for. I fucking hate Huttball, and I get 10 Huttballs for each instance of one of the other Battlegrounds. Laso, this is a game they could do really great Battlegrounds with and they went with these three shitty little battlegrounds? I guess Huttball is cool for what it is, but there should be some shit like the battle on Hoth with players controlling vehicles or turrets on vehicles. If WoW could do it with WotLK, there's no excuse for it not to be done by everyone else.

Also, the search feature on the auction house is godawful bad. Add filters for attributes on gear. Fucking hell... As long as they've been working on this it really feels rushed and half finished in a lot of ways.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #301 on: January 17, 2012, 11:14:18 PM

It's on Illum, half the planet is devoted to that large scale conquering PvP.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #302 on: January 17, 2012, 11:39:02 PM

Please, please add checkboxes to the PvP queue for what battlegrounds you want to queue for. I fucking hate Huttball, and I get 10 Huttballs for each instance of one of the other Battlegrounds. Laso, this is a game they could do really great Battlegrounds with and they went with these three shitty little battlegrounds? I guess Huttball is cool for what it is, but there should be some shit like the battle on Hoth with players controlling vehicles or turrets on vehicles. If WoW could do it with WotLK, there's no excuse for it not to be done by everyone else.

Also, the search feature on the auction house is godawful bad. Add filters for attributes on gear. Fucking hell... As long as they've been working on this it really feels rushed and half finished in a lot of ways.
The reason you get Huttball 9 times out of 10 is that you're on an overpopulated faction on an unbalanced server, and Huttball is the only BG you can play against your own faction. All adding your little check boxes would do is make you wait 10 times as long instead of getting to play Huttball in the interim, while also making queues longer for everyone else (since everyone queuing Random creates a much larger pool than separate pools for each BG).

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: January 18, 2012, 02:51:06 AM

So that's what they're fixing with the "you can now fight your own faction" change.  A much more random pick of which battleground it'll be for the over-populated side. 

Which is fine.  The official boards are raging against "the unfairness," but I remember when WoW fixed the lack of healers and tanks not by buffing warriors and priests but by spreading around the "you can main-tank" and "you can main-heal" goodness to more classes, which was a smart move.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: January 18, 2012, 03:47:27 AM

For empire side at least, fighting your own faction anyway fits the storyline better than worryingly about the republic.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: January 18, 2012, 04:32:57 AM

Even for the Republic it's fine.  Think of it as war games practicing for the real thing.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: January 18, 2012, 05:36:03 AM

The reason you get Huttball 9 times out of 10 is that you're on an overpopulated faction on an unbalanced server, and Huttball is the only BG you can play against your own faction.

I'm dreading the queue times for the battlegrounds if they give us the option to choose which we play/queue for.  Perhaps a cross server queue will help.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #307 on: January 18, 2012, 05:41:45 AM

Thing is, even on my rp-pve server there are more imperials than republic... a cross-server queue would just give you even MORE imps to play against.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #308 on: January 18, 2012, 07:19:57 AM

They should just make the other two warzones available for same faction fights too.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #309 on: January 18, 2012, 07:33:17 AM

I haven't done a ton of WFs, but I usually get Alderaan when I queue up.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: January 18, 2012, 07:39:24 AM

I haven't done a ton of WFs, but I usually get Alderaan when I queue up.

Lucky you.  That's my absolute favorite.

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #311 on: January 18, 2012, 08:28:29 AM

I hate the Twilek language. It's like a fucked up version of Japanese and it grates on me whenever I see one. I just know I'm going to have to read quickly so I don't have to put up with the full gobbledegee they spout.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #312 on: January 18, 2012, 09:35:58 AM

It drives me crazy that my mats don't autostack when I move them to my vault.

Yay! It looks like they fixed this.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: January 18, 2012, 09:44:42 AM

I did, I hate the dailies in this game, because it feels fucking stupid to do them. I don't want to grind retarded dailies that are spread all over the fucking place, I want to do cool shit. So I level an alt.  Ohhhhh, I see.

I find the fact that they are dailies actually devalues them when I do them once. Knowing they are dailies makes them clearly-bullshit-and-not-important.

"OK, mr. imperial suit guy, I'll destroy that republic depot. BUT CAN YOU PLEASE USE THIS WELL EQUIPPED MILITARY UNIT YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE THEY DON'T BUILD IT AGAIN BY 1200 ZULU TIME TOMORROW". I want a dark side choice to cut all daily quest givers in half the moment they ask me to do their shit a second time.

In short, death to all dailies everywhere.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: January 18, 2012, 09:51:35 AM

What would you like to do instead?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves  
Jump to: