Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 11:59:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Peeves  (Read 156974 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #245 on: January 16, 2012, 11:52:49 AM

That logic works if you're not talking about SWTOR at all.

-Rasix
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: January 16, 2012, 12:30:49 PM

I've always wondered the opposite; why there's so much violence in most games but almost no romance.
Computer RPGs are made by the technically inclined version of D&D fanboys.  <insert Penny Arcade D&D 5th edition comic here>

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: January 16, 2012, 01:14:27 PM

It drives me crazy that my mats don't autostack when I move them to my vault.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: January 16, 2012, 01:42:20 PM

It drives me crazy that my mats don't autostack when I move them to my vault.
This. Taking things out of the mailbox doesn't autostack them either.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: January 16, 2012, 01:56:56 PM

I ended up having to move to some OCD system where mats are stored in the vault on a grid by type (column) and grade (row) because otherwise it was becoming impossible to keep shit stacked.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: January 16, 2012, 02:01:09 PM

Yep, me too.  Tier 1 materials go in the first gridded area, Tier 2 in the second, etc.

Oddly, stuff does stack in your inventory when you take it out of the bank, so it's sort of a mystery why the other way around doesn't work.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: January 16, 2012, 02:05:53 PM

I also find it amusing that you can tell when someone is shift-clicking instead of shift-right-clicking to break up stacks.

1.[General] [DarthNader]: [Phobium][Phobium][Phobium][Phobium][Phobium][Phobium]
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:09:56 PM by MisterNoisy »

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #252 on: January 16, 2012, 02:16:51 PM

I also find it amusing that you can tell when someone is shift-clicking instead of shift-right-clicking to break up stacks.

1.[General] [DarthNader]: [Phobium][Phobium][Phobium][Phobium][Phobium][Phobium]

awesome, for real

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: January 16, 2012, 02:32:38 PM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: January 16, 2012, 03:13:02 PM

One of the non-Huttball Warzones (the SOTA style one, no idea what it's called) has a map that obscures the top few buttons on my right hotbar.  Ohhhhh, I see.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: January 16, 2012, 03:59:04 PM

I don't get the romance option in a multiplayer game. Isn't that what the G.I.R.L.s in the cantina are for?

No, Numtini, the opposite is exactly what the romance options are for.  I grouped the other day with some moron who decided to hit on the female character in the group during the flashpoint, and (s?)he got pissed off pretty fast, everyone could tell but him.  Now if he'd had a Kira companion rather than the Qyzen for 40 levels, he could have stayed in his ship with her, and we would have had a better PUG without him.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: January 16, 2012, 04:06:49 PM

Huh, I was shift-dragging with the same results, and wrote it off as a UI bug.  Go figure.   awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #257 on: January 16, 2012, 04:08:43 PM

I have literally never been able to understand the appeal of 'romance' options in video games. I find it utterly bizarre; let alone having marriage and such be an option.
It's precisely the same sort of appeal the idea of saving the universe, defeating powerful foes in general or whatever else the narrative of video game makes you do, has.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #258 on: January 16, 2012, 04:13:39 PM

The level 40+ space missions are too hard, I want something to be really easy and these no longer qualify.  I can still do them, but now I have to expend valuable effort.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: January 16, 2012, 08:46:17 PM

This game has to have the worst UI responsiveness I have ever witnessed. It seems especially bad for defensive moves, wherein I there are time I will be jamming the button to perform my move and nothing will happen. It has gotten me killed several times, and it is really getting on my nerves.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #260 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48:01 PM

G.C.D.

/thread
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: January 17, 2012, 07:14:04 AM

Disappearing credits happened to me this weekend.  60k.  Ticket still open  Heartbreak

It's not a lot of credits in the grand scheme of things, but the fact is that one minute I was running around the fleet with over 60k credits in my inventory, and then I logged over to another toon, back to the original, and the credits were gone.  450 or so creds left in my inventory.  From what I'm seeing in the forums, they are not returning credits or items lost from these bugs.  I can deal with all of the other peeves from this "new game," and lordy knows I'm not a developer, but aren't they supposed to know what you had and when you had it?  Seems like a game breaker to me.

edit: and just because it's 60k this time doesn't mean it won't be 60 million the next.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: January 17, 2012, 07:17:05 AM

I have a peeve, but it goes the other way.  What's the point of credits at level 50?  I have over 1 million credits and the only use I have for them is passing them to alts.  Money seems worthless.  I get all the gear I want from pvp/pve, I get consumables from crafting/commendations.  I guess it gives me cash to allow companions to do tasks, but even that's pointless after a while.  I haven't sent a companion on a mission in over a week.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: January 17, 2012, 07:29:24 AM

I have a peeve, but it goes the other way.  What's the point of credits at level 50?  I have over 1 million credits and the only use I have for them is passing them to alts.  Money seems worthless.  I get all the gear I want from pvp/pve, I get consumables from crafting/commendations.  I guess it gives me cash to allow companions to do tasks, but even that's pointless after a while.  I haven't sent a companion on a mission in over a week.

Vanity, just like in WoW.

Use your money pot to buy the giant car speeders and pick up the hot twi'lek ladies  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: January 17, 2012, 07:33:16 AM

Seriously, isn't it a sign of a poorly designed MMO economy if I already have more money than I can spend in the first month of gameplay?  Particularly since I didn't do anything intentional to make all of this cash?  I mean, I didn't even make an effort to get rich.  It just happened.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: January 17, 2012, 07:39:19 AM

Seriously, isn't it a sign of a poorly designed MMO economy if I already have more money than I can spend in the first month of gameplay?
The "MMO economy" is a concept that's broken by default. Meaning no, it's a sign things are working out precisely as one would expect them to.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: January 17, 2012, 07:40:09 AM

Of course having unlimited influx of cash is broken, but they could add more cash sinks to limit the rate of growth. 

-  Mark Twain
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: January 17, 2012, 07:41:05 AM

But for what purpose? Just so few people who cling to the delusion of "working MMO economy" can fool themselves a few weeks longer?

edit: as far as i can tell they've focused on controlling/limiting the acquisition rate through their token systems and such, i.e. just like the other MMOs. The "money" is only still there at all out of inertia (and to ease the trade between players) than actual need for it, imo.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:46:53 AM by tmp »
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: January 17, 2012, 08:05:51 AM

There's no equivalent to enchants in TOR right? And sockets are what actually gives an item its stats so it comes with them. No gems, no enchants means what most people spend a ton of their cash on in wow does not exist in this game.

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: January 17, 2012, 08:33:15 AM

All you need to have a working economy is scarce, tradable items that people actually want.  Many MMORPGs I've played have had that.  WoW certainly did for the first 2 years after launch.  There's nothing inherent about an MMORPG economy that forces it to have no items worth selling/buying, it's a design decision.  SWTOR is particularly bad in this respect.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: January 17, 2012, 08:51:52 AM

All you need to have a working economy is scarce, tradable items that people actually want.  Many MMORPGs I've played have had that.  WoW certainly did for the first 2 years after launch.  There's nothing inherent about an MMORPG economy that forces it to have no items worth selling/buying, it's a design decision.
What exactly definition of "working" are we talking about here?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: January 17, 2012, 08:56:01 AM

Scarce goods would be nice.  The ability to buy top tier gear would be attractive though I imagine that money has become devalued to discourage gold spammers/farmers. 

-  Mark Twain
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: January 17, 2012, 10:26:43 AM

Nebu, are you rich from just leveling up, or did you use Slicing before it got nerfed? I'm just asking because money's been pretty scarce for me while leveling up and trying to keep my crafting skills on par with my level.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: January 17, 2012, 10:29:46 AM

Nebu, are you rich from just leveling up, or did you use Slicing before it got nerfed? I'm just asking because money's been pretty scarce for me while leveling up and trying to keep my crafting skills on par with my level.

I'm rich from running hard modes, doing pvp, and completing dailies at level 50.  You can make like 100k a day just running a few Ilum dailies and they provide commendations for enhancements to boot. 

My skill is Armstech.  What a monumental waste.  I'm going to switch to biochem as it seems to be the only crafting worthwhile at endgame.

-  Mark Twain
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: January 17, 2012, 11:21:53 AM

Ahh ok, that makes sense. I forgot you've been 50 for a while.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #275 on: January 17, 2012, 11:24:40 AM

I'm guessing you're not doing much crafting? The top level flux is a pretty big cash sink if you're trying to RE your way to purple stuff. Almost 40k a stack and you'll need a LOT of stacks if you're trying to purple out, say, every max level cybertech recipe.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: January 17, 2012, 11:30:48 AM

I'm guessing you're not doing much crafting? The top level flux is a pretty big cash sink if you're trying to RE your way to purple stuff. Almost 40k a stack and you'll need a LOT of stacks if you're trying to purple out, say, every max level cybertech recipe.

I'm armstech (read: worthless) and already have purple barrel recipes.  There's no point in making the top weapons as drops/commendation stuff is better.  I am considering starting crafting over and going Biochem though.  I hear that I should be able to max that out for 500k or so, which is less than half of my cash on hand.  I can make that much cash in about 5 days without much of an effort. 

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #277 on: January 17, 2012, 11:33:24 AM

Well there are only what, 4 different barrel types at cap? I can see that being relatively cheap yeah.

My problem is I just kind of hate dailies, and the ones here are way too spread out for my taste.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #278 on: January 17, 2012, 11:35:46 AM

This is true. I concentrate on needs first, but even then, there is quite an expense to getting purple 22 grade mods. REing a shit load of greens then turning around to RE blues...which could give you a purple on the first RE or the 50th. Yeah... I am broke as hell after all the lvl 50 skills and speeder trainings and getting all the trainer schemes for cybertech. Then again, I can go out in corellia for a few hours and come back with more than 150k. *shrug* Maybe this is the end game time sink I was looking for.  why so serious?

Now my Gunslinger is an armstech as well and other than barrels and vibrators/techblades, there is not much to even buy from the trainer. I am swimming in credits so far..

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: January 17, 2012, 11:36:43 AM

Now my Gunslinger is an armstech as well and other than barrels and vibrators/techblades, there is not much to even buy from the trainer. I am swimming in credits so far..

I love it when someone "gets me".   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: Little Peeves  
Jump to: