Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:25:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  (Read 137019 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: April 23, 2008, 06:36:57 AM

cry

Same old story though, I've been watching them tank game 7s since 2004 against the Lightning. 3 years. 3 coaches. 3 first round exits. Sadly (for me anyways) they're not going to get better next year.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: April 23, 2008, 09:18:14 AM

On Phil v. Wash: sorry, but I wanted to punch out the commentators on Vs. that said that ref made right call on no goaltender interference. While the league may technically chime in on how defensive guy went into goalie, it was OFFENSIVE MAN THAT THREW HIM INTO GOALIE… …if that's legit, then every team should be adopting that unique "run a goalie" strategy… …yeah, there were lots of botched calls in the game, but it's no news NHL officials suck — whether it be Don "have another donut" Koharski, Bill "wondertard" McCreary, Kerry "rotten" Fraser, Paul "jizzbag" Devorski, etc.… …I used to think it was more the league's fault for not specifying consistent guidelines, but maybe not so much, though they still keep these incompetent sorts instead of refreshing with better ones… …granted, hockey officiating is more difficult than other sports, but I see no indication that adding a ref and now having 4 officials on ice is any better than even 1 official…

On Calgary v. SJ: WTF, what happened to the real Flames and who were those imposters playing in their sweaters last night? Keenan taking fire for another one of goaltender swaps, but hey, when you're getting pounded and outshot by 4-1 margin, you got to shake things up somehow… …/gratz to Sharks though as I thought Flames were going to send them to tee time dates…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: April 23, 2008, 09:43:46 AM

NHL reffing is a complete joke, news at 11?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
WayAbvPar

Reply #248 on: April 23, 2008, 11:43:38 AM

How did Mick McGeough not make that list? He is worse than all of them, except maybe Koharski. Thankfully he is retiring.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: April 23, 2008, 02:19:04 PM

How did Mick McGeough not make that list? He is worse than all of them, except maybe Koharski. Thankfully he is retiring.

I thought he retired already… …yes, they're all bad, including the ones I didn't mention like Shick, LaRue, etc.…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #250 on: April 23, 2008, 07:00:10 PM

Actually, that non-goalie interference call was the correct call. WSH player had the puck, and Thoresen decked him with a clean hit. He happened to go into the goalie. Heads-up play, whether he meant to do it like that or not.

It's definitely not the first time I've seen it this season, but it may have been the best example of the tactic.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: April 23, 2008, 11:41:46 PM

Actually, that non-goalie interference call was the correct call. WSH player had the puck, and Thoresen decked him with a clean hit. He happened to go into the goalie. Heads-up play, whether he meant to do it like that or not.

That's bullshit and if an opposing skater did that to my side, I'd be throwing him down… …goalie in the crease should always be respected…

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: April 24, 2008, 08:45:23 AM

2nd round starts tonight:

Pit over NYR — going gets rougher for Pens and Rangers are solid squad, but I think Pens have more depth

Phi over Mon — would love to see Pit v. Phi conference final, though here, this series is a tossup and will go to game 7, just like Phi v. Was did

Det over Col —  Red Wings prevail again

Dal over SJ — Turco makes it to conference championship

I went 4-3 on 1st round picks (somehow I ignored NYR - NJ series)

WayAbvPar

Reply #253 on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:31 AM

Montreal in 5
Ottawa in 7
Washington in 6
New York in 5

Detroit in 5
San Jose in 5
Colorado in 6 (if Forsberg's pussy doesn't hurt too badly)
Dallas in 7

6-2, if we aren't counting wrong games count as a loss.

This round-

Pittsburgh in 6
Montreal in 6
Colorado in 7
San Jose in 5

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #254 on: April 24, 2008, 09:04:48 AM

Pitt in 6
Mont in 5
Colo in 7
Dal in 6
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: April 24, 2008, 03:18:14 PM

Mark these down, kids. If you have money, place your bets.

Pit vs. NYR - Pittsburgh struggles against Lundqvist. Rangers win. Yes, I'm a Penguins fan.

MON vs. PHI - Montreal powerplay dominates. Montreal wins.

DET vs. COL - Detroit. Chokers, but just too good for an old, low-seeded Colorado team.

Dallas vs. San Jose - Dallas. San Jose has a team, but they'll choke. Dallas powerplay will be strong.

Get your money out, I WILL be correct at 75% or higher.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #256 on: April 25, 2008, 11:56:13 AM

Next round (that I probably won't watch because my team choked on it)

Pitt
Montreal
Detroit
San Jose - Come on, Dallas just can't win, can they?

Strazos

Reply #257 on: April 25, 2008, 03:23:41 PM

PLEASE TO HIRE COMPETENT REFS PLZKTHX.

Seriously? Open ice hits are now illegal, while deflections from above the crossbars are goals? lul

That's bullshit and if an opposing skater did that to my side, I'd be throwing him down… …goalie in the crease should always be respected…

It's not the first time it's happened this year, or the first time such a play resulted in a goal.

However, it's the first time it's happened in the playoffs this year.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: April 25, 2008, 05:58:57 PM

while deflections from above the crossbars are goals? lul

Seeing as Drury deflected one in from above his shoulder tonight that stood as a goal, I'm guessing that the rule was changed.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: April 26, 2008, 10:10:46 AM

No, it's still the crossbar rule. It didn't get changed.

What the fuck are the playoffs like? I've just been ignoring them considering TB is out of it, but goddamn.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: April 26, 2008, 10:46:28 AM

What the fuck are the playoffs like? I've just been ignoring them considering TB is out of it, but goddamn.

Enjoying the Eastern Conference matchups (though I am Pens fan) much more, even Phi-Mon was an exciting game #1.

Game #1 of Det-Col wasn't bad either but I didn't get to see very much of SJ-Dal last night, and somehow the styles those 2 teams play just don't enthuse me enough to view…

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: April 26, 2008, 03:15:32 PM

Yeah, I don't find the Western Conference is always that fantastic to watch.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #262 on: May 03, 2008, 06:05:01 PM

Take THAT, Montreal. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: May 03, 2008, 08:30:13 PM

Congrats to Philly fans. I honestly would have never picked them to win that series.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: May 03, 2008, 08:31:01 PM

I'm still going to be 75%, though.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. Actually my picks really sucked. I forgot that I picked the Rangers. San Jose is also coming back a bit, so I could potentially fall as low as 25%. Oops.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:32:46 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #265 on: May 04, 2008, 07:48:50 AM

I just feel sorry for anyone that had to suffer through VS coverage. I was looking for highlights, and the "official" ones, even on the PHL website, all use the VS coverage.

They were fucking terrible.

Fear the Backstab!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #266 on: May 04, 2008, 08:12:20 AM

The NHL made a gigantic error moving away from ESPN over money. They should have swallowed their pride and taken the financial hit to get themselves back into the public eye after a massively crippling strike.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Strazos

Reply #267 on: May 04, 2008, 08:19:19 AM

They obviously just don't get it, as they've renewed the contract through the 2010-11 season.

Well, at least my local coverage is great. Can someone please explain to the VS crew that it's generally a good idea to do such things as not rambling instead of doing play-by-play, show replays of penalties and such, and not slap giant marquees along the bottom of the screen that cover up actual play?

Fucking amateurs.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: May 04, 2008, 08:47:13 AM

slap giant marquees along the bottom of the screen that cover up actual play

That shit drives me fucking nuts.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #269 on: May 04, 2008, 03:30:49 PM

slap giant marquees along the bottom of the screen that cover up actual play

That shit drives me fucking nuts.

Pretty much all sports coverage from the US on all sports that I've seen does this ENTIRELY too much, and it pisses me right the fuck off. It's even worse when ESPN breaks into their MLS coverage every 30 minutes to do a Sportscenter update about sports that are not soccer. I have ESPNNews for that, fuckfaces.

And yes, VS coverage is just atrocious, playoffs or not. The NHL made a huge mistake not sucking ESPN's cock when it came back from the strike.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #270 on: May 04, 2008, 04:36:54 PM

FOX is the worst of this crap, and they've got a baseball stranglehold now on the weekends/playoffs. It's almost unbearable to watch anything they do for sports now.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #271 on: May 05, 2008, 08:01:11 AM

Fox Soccer Channel is decent, but yes, all the rest of the Fox shit sucks monkey teats.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #272 on: May 05, 2008, 08:02:34 AM

Fuck, now I'm definitely going to have to fly back to Pittsburgh to see a game.  Watching the Flyers lose on TV is much less amusing!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: May 05, 2008, 08:22:00 AM

Flyers/Pens series should be kickass, I was hoping those two teams would meet up. I'm looking forward to watching that series. It's just as nasty as Calgary vs. Edmonton used to be.

Pretty meh about Detroit/Dallas.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: May 05, 2008, 10:47:08 AM

I'm pretty excited about watching both series.

That SJ/Dallas game last night was pretty sweet to watch too. Only game I've ever seen longer than that was the PIT/PHI game that went to five overtimes.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: May 05, 2008, 11:43:51 AM

Where Samuelson scored from the blue line?

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #276 on: May 05, 2008, 12:33:32 PM

A Dallas Detroit series is like taking a laxative. You know it has to be done, but you really just don't want to be there when the show is on.

Now the Philly/Pit series should be good, if for nothing other than to see the two fanbases try to immolate the other fanbase with their minds.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #277 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:47 PM

Are you selling the Dallas / Detroit series as sucking because you know Detroit will stomp them, or for some other reason?

As a Dallas fan, I'm wary because the Red Wings are so good, but after watching Turco play all those overtimes, he might be able to hold this thing together.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: May 05, 2008, 10:16:37 PM

I'm looking forward to Detroit and Dallas.

I've had Dallas picked for the cup since mid-season (before they got hot, then cold, then hot again).

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #279 on: May 06, 2008, 06:45:01 AM

Dallas is a boring team to watch. Detroit is boring because they are always always always on TV in my market. I could care less about either team.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  
Jump to: