Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eve becoming cool again  (Read 152429 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: January 18, 2015, 03:13:31 PM

SO, I decide to Wander through C9N-CC to put a jump clone in a Stain NPC station. I dodge a cagecamp on both sides of the gate and land on an interceptor on a warp bobble on the exit gate. Get out, Safe and cloak, and wonder wtf is going on. I decide to play with my other character and watch Tv

I come back on at 9:20 and theres 260 in local and there's GOONS there. Yep guess who walked right into a supercap battle. My battle report is there's lots of stuff on scanner and deep space when you are sitting cloaked is lovely.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/2sunpg/1140_in_acj_stain_stainwagon_vs_n3_w_cfc_3rd/ <-- whats happening a few systems ahead apperently

Some Pandemic legion guy is bitching in Local so I guess things are going well

Local at 361 Tidi hit 30%, I guess theres a scrap right here in system. Lookat all those Archons on scan.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:56:34 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: January 19, 2015, 01:59:45 AM

Didn't DBRB fuck off to Test or something?  I seem to recall one of the more known goon FCs bailing about a year ago, thought it had been him.

I don't remember any senior FC ever bailing on Goonswarm - people don't tend to want to leave us - and if they did I can't imagine them ever doing so to Test.  Boat, incidentally, came to a Bat Country meet a few months ago, in Edinburgh.  He was over on one of those homecoming-type trips - staying in his family's old home town - that Americans like so much and it turns out that his family is from the same tiny town I was brought up in in the north-east of Scotland.

In other FC-related news as well as Marine (a Scottish FC we have who is an absolute machine and FCs fleets for us or for the elite peeveepee face of GSF, European Goonion virtually every day), Bat Country has picked up one bloc-level FC this week and should be getting another from a second coalition shortly.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 02:03:41 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: January 19, 2015, 10:26:38 PM

It's too cool for me, I'd embarrass myself if I re-joined.  Corp has progressed hugely since 2008, and I'm basically complete newbie with 80 million skillpoints trained.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: January 20, 2015, 02:44:20 AM

It's too cool for me, I'd embarrass myself if I re-joined.  Corp has progressed hugely since 2008, and I'm basically complete newbie with 80 million skillpoints trained.

Nah don't be daft.  We have several complete newbies in corp: attitudes are very relaxed towards anyone who can consistently avoid losing a carrier while ratting.  In any case I have always stressed sociability and posting ability above in-game aptitude.  We are basically a social club many of whom happen to be good at Eve.  Half of them seem to spend their evenings on our Teamspeak server playing other games: this week, H1Z1, the week before that DotA, before that it was Archeage etc...

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: February 10, 2015, 06:57:07 PM

Drifters incoming!

That station [is it a station?] is around 190km tall [avatar near top and naglfar near bottom]
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #145 on: February 10, 2015, 11:49:52 PM

I just re subbed and am a 50 million + SP newbie. No fucks given and no one cares, it's chill man. Come hang in S-D and rat a bit, roam, fly tackle on fleets. This all presupposes you want to play eve but after over a year off I'm back and enjoying it.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: March 03, 2015, 09:00:41 PM

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: March 04, 2015, 04:42:48 AM

Have a 4 hour prime window, 2 hours on either side that's twice as long to capture things, and 2 hours beyond that that's 4 times as long?

Industry sov levels need to be set by everything industry, not just mining.

I quite like the idea of every extra constellation has to have a different sov window.

Still need a way to pack more people into a smaller space able to make money.

If you do break the door down, you could get 50 fights in 3-8 different systems all happening at the same time. I like that.

Ideally I'd want the timers/gun to allow cruiser sized squadrons/wings to be able to do it, not Frigates (which would have fun themselves chasing the Cruisers around and slowing down/scouting groups, and shouldn't be taking space by themselves). Maybe only allow Battleships/Battlecruisers sized ships the ability to fit entosis T2 versions (Battleships are more impactful, but need to be committed to do it). Caps can use it but 5 times as slow and supercaps can't use it at all

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: March 07, 2015, 11:45:50 AM

I have just passed 3 billion isk.  It helps that I have stopped losing ships Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: March 07, 2015, 02:24:10 PM

I have just passed 3 billion isk.  It helps that I have stopped losing ships Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

It does help to be risk-aware, if not wholly risk-averse.  I have never lost a ratting or mining ship since we moved to Deklein and:

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: March 07, 2015, 03:06:30 PM

Well, my character only has 5 million SP and is 2 and a half months old.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

But I have started using my Stratios for exploration and I haven't lost it yet... but it does mean I can spend longer in Null and wormholes, and I can refit and do Standard and Superior sleeper Cashe sites without running back to High sec to grab it, which eases my stress levels if nothing else.

To be fair I did buy another 10m sp char for running missions when the mood strikes me. Most of my cash comes from exploration though.

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: March 07, 2015, 03:25:10 PM

Holy 1 billion skillpoints, that must be <2003 character.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: March 07, 2015, 09:15:38 PM

CCP Fozzie just said he's quite happy with the amount of ISK being made in nullsec. So that's the death of putting more people in a smaller space. Also, delayed local (ha ha, good luck ratting then) and death to supers having weapons (which would be good).

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: March 08, 2015, 08:14:53 AM

Holy 1 billion skillpoints, that must be <2003 character.

That is like ten characters, sadly.  Evething gives you an aggregate.

Edit: the assets also includes a well-fitted super that an ex-member gave me when he left the game, (which I am giving to another corpmate who turns up on a lot of ops) this week.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:18:36 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: March 08, 2015, 08:15:55 AM

CCP Fozzie just said he's quite happy with the amount of ISK being made in nullsec. So that's the death of putting more people in a smaller space. Also, delayed local (ha ha, good luck ratting then) and death to supers having weapons (which would be good).

Well, one suggestion I have made is that you can make denser occupation possible without putting any more money into any one person's pockets by making an iHub spawn more anoms than at present in a given system.

Delaye local would be a mistake, but if it was something you add to your space as an upgrade, and if NPC space therefore did not have it (making it something worth owning space for) then that might be rather different.

Twitter - Endieposts

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: March 08, 2015, 01:16:22 PM

That is like ten characters, sadly.  ...

Ah that explains it, I don't think it's even possible to have that on one character.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: March 09, 2015, 05:41:36 AM

Well, one suggestion I have made is that you can make denser occupation possible without putting any more money into any one person's pockets by making an iHub spawn more anoms than at present in a given system.

How would you tell which anoms are empty and which are already being done by someone? There's no way to tell right now I think, so it would just add to everyone's time having to scan them down and find a new one.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: March 09, 2015, 02:15:06 PM

How would you tell which anoms are empty and which are already being done by someone? There's no way to tell right now I think, so it would just add to everyone's time having to scan them down and find a new one.

That did occur to me.  You'd at least want them to be new variations with new names.  I tend to ask what people are doing when I log in, and choose one of the other types from the five worthwhile anoms.

It is far from ideal and not my preferred solution, but Fozzie explicitly doesn't want nullsec richer and doesn't want us to be able to run missions.

Twitter - Endieposts

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: March 09, 2015, 07:40:14 PM

I guess nullsec doesn't have to be richer if it's more fun, and if the capitals are being nerfed to "one per fleet centerpieces."  He's trying to promote a lot of theorycrafting from us, but he's pretty convinced that it's going to work as is, so let him implement it and we'll see.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: March 09, 2015, 11:38:05 PM

Somebody at CCP is just a fucking idiot if their master plan is to make nullsec a tedious bitch to live in and they aren't doing anything to make it profitable enough to make it worthwhile.  Their whole 'oh gee guys, we decided to put our penis in your jump drives because you have too much space we want room for other people to move in' thing doesn't work if that space has nothing that anybody wants.  Nobody's going to move into this and expose themselves to all of the massive headaches that come with it when they could just all fall into a wormhole and get crazy rich within a week without having to deal with any of the crap.

The whole point of controlling a region hinges on the region being valuable enough to warrant controlling it.  Someone there seems to be missing that minor detail.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: March 10, 2015, 10:49:54 AM

Or they just make it tedious until the current alliances collapse, then make it profitable and also advertise for new players to join the game.  Like, "create a new account now and receive sov in a random vacant system in Null!  Click this link now!"  Maybe even implement a plan to completely remodel the starmap when Null gets empty, cause who's gonna complain if it's empty?

I have a nice tinfoil hat, I think.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:51:50 AM by ajax34i »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: March 10, 2015, 04:08:09 PM

Eve's economic model has been crazyass for years. Null is really about 5 or 6 people making squillions from moon goo that injects 100 million isk/ hour per tower into their wallet, then RMTing that shit. Everything else is just tricking other people into sitting around protecting those towers and occasionally playing pattycake with the other serfs, while the big guys make shady deals behind their back to protect their towers.

Even in the old days before Moon goo was a thing some regions were crazily better than others. It was soo off the wall than what a sane system would be like, which was having regions which were SOMEWHAT better than others rather than crazilly better. BOB were a bunch of total incompetents but it took years of grinding at them to finish them off, and that was solely due to the insane money they were making from sitting on a blood raiders region, then all the moon goo that hurr hurr magically appeared in their region, with 50% of low sec moon goo sitting in Aradia NEXT to their regions.

If some people are making the cost of a dread per tower just from a single tower and other people are making comparatively fuck all from their region, then there is no way that the guys with an income of fuck all is going to shift the guys making 100-1000 times as much. Especially when the guys with all the income are all incestuously giving the others a hand. Much like the Goon gang that mysteriously turned up to help PL fight Brave 2 nights ago and "who were just there to whore on lossmails" but the first thing they did was to destroy all braves Cyno jammers. Yey PL, the PVP alliance that fights people who gives them a challenge. I was watching it on twitch.

This is pretty much why I no longer have any interest in being part of nullsec politics. Wormhole politics is much more egalitarian and interesting, even if the numbers involved are smaller, but I'm not involved in that either. Yet.

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: March 11, 2015, 06:41:26 AM

You just made some good points there shocked

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: March 11, 2015, 09:37:14 AM

And that makes me really really depressed :(

I mean I think everyone would enjoy a more egalitarian distribution of resources so things would flow better and people would have the resources to make a serious play for everyone else's systems and regions because even the good regions would not be HUGELY different in lucritivity.

Hell I remember some fuckwits in Syndicate back in the day who were space rich and untouchable simply because one of their members landed a Hulk BPO. EVE!!

And the problem is that even if things were changed tomorrow, the huge imbalance of income up till now would take years to even out.

Oh well. I'm logging in to make millions. :/

Hic sunt dracones.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: March 11, 2015, 07:13:32 PM

Nothing is stopping CCP from reducing all wallets to a maximum of 50 billion without prior notice. 

The super-rich, though, have a tendency to not spend and to try to acquire more, so in a way the money is out of the economy.  Sort of.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: March 12, 2015, 03:42:28 PM

Just like the super rich in the real world! shocked

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: March 13, 2015, 10:11:01 AM

You just made some good points there shocked

No he doesn't it is almost all tin-foil rubbish.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: March 13, 2015, 05:18:03 PM

Well yeah, that's what he would say.   why so serious?

The super-rich, though, have a tendency to not spend and to try to acquire more, so in a way the money is out of the economy.  Sort of.

You could argue people leaving is an isk sink too. vOv
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:22:49 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: March 13, 2015, 05:39:17 PM

On a positive note, I ran across this site of Eve art, some of which is quite good

http://deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=25

Eve is a beautiful game when you are not looking at squares.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: March 14, 2015, 06:09:02 AM

Well yeah, that's what he would say.   why so serious?

People that fear black helicopters and the New World Order have much the same opinion.  Wake up sheeple!

But yeah that bollocks you spouted about personal enrichment from alliance moons and people RMTing and so on is at best half a decade out of date and was never the case in the vast majority of top-tier alliances.  I have no doubt people here and there skim, but not in the CFC, for sure (we investigate will kick anyone who has a gap in their finances, and their whole alliance with them).  My entire profit from thousands of hours of work for the alliance was one time when there was no fuel for my rorqual on the market in Deklein and I took a few thousand from the strat reserve.  That was in 2012 and my personal profit was thus something like 5 million isk.

I don't even see any evidence of PL or NCdot or nulli or the like doing it and they are hostile to us so if I saw any clue of it then you can be sure I'd get the knowledge out at every opportunity I had.  But people like you and Dinsdale like to image some vast conspiracy that keeps the little guy down whereas really goonwaffe pays out eye-watering amounts of cash to its pilots in subsidies and SRP.  However I am sure that you based your accusations on firm evidence and not on "some guy made some basically racist accusations about xDeathx last year on FHC" so please lay it out so we can judge it for ourselves.

When 401K claimed that SMA leadership were stealing and RMTing I said privately to 401K's leadership "give me the evidence you have and I promise you if it checks out they are kicked."  They came back and said "oh ok there's no evidence after all it was just an ex-director making it up" and apologised for wasting my time.  I bet you that you have an equally lengthy list of witnesses.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:13:44 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: March 14, 2015, 10:50:59 AM

Nice to see you focused on one throwaway comment about RMTing which wasn't even close to the point of what I was talking about, which was the stupid disparity in income, and the shady deals the nullsec powers do to protect that income. I couldn't care less if they are RMTing it or not but there are people selling PLEX on Ebay so someone with income is selling eve income.

I know, how could I dare suggest that people, in a game that involves a lot of scamming and corruption, could be shady and corrupt. What was I thinking.

But more in dealing with the main point.

I don't even see any evidence of PL or NCdot or nulli or the like doing it and they are hostile to us so if I saw any clue of it then you can be sure I'd get the knowledge out at every opportunity I had

Yeah, PL are so hostile to you that you lot heard the Batphone and turned up to help them against BRAVE of all people. Oh sorry, it was just to "whore on killmails" but since literally the first thing you did in system was taking out HERO's cynojammers, and then you proceeded to hit their fleet and only their fleet with drivebys while they were fighting PL, I must confess to a little skepticism about that. Nothing shady about that at all, nope nope nope. But, since I am just a clueless idiot who does not know the inner secrets of Eve I would be shocked if I could provide video evidence of it like this:

http://www.twitch.tv/daopa/v/3883149

Oops.

Oh yeah. and the streamer isn't me and has nothing to do with me, so no point threatening retribution against him. I just happened to be watching.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: March 14, 2015, 01:04:12 PM

So yeah you are saying that you were just making up stuff and have no evidence to offer of any sort whatsoever to back up a single one of your daft accusations quelle surprise.

Edit: Also I have no idea what the fuck your link to some no-nothing streamer is supposed to prove: that the CFC and PL and NCdot and Nulli and xDeathx and all the rest are enmeshed in a giant plot to control the universe?  Do you also have some hard-hitting truths about how the CIA flew the planes into the twin towers and JFK was killed by Nixon with help from J. Edgar Hoover? Oh wait: you think that because a PL fleet and a bunch of CFC bombers shoot the same people that that means we are bffs?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:08:10 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: March 14, 2015, 02:09:55 PM

It means nothing other than that despite your "hostility" PL got your help for beating up on a new guy in the universe. Whether his stream is "shitty" or not, it shows your alliance giving active help to your enemy when beating up on someone who is on paper no match for them. It's not my fault it looks bad. And I didn't know I had to vet the quality of the streamer for any video to count as evidence.

If you don't want to look bad, next time tell them fuck off when they pick up the Batphone to beg for help when picking on someone. This concept is not that hard to fathom. Maybe take some personal responsibility for your actions rather than cry that someone told on you?

Now in combination with things like the no sov warfare agreements between the big powers you might start drawing lots of conclusions involving people talking to one another, but its not my fault that I have a brain.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: March 14, 2015, 03:08:51 PM

You know Endie. Here's a tip. You could have just said "I have no idea what those asswipes were doing down there. They probably went down to beat on brave themselves, we had nothing to do with it" that would have been fair enough. That's plausible. You cant control everyone people in game really and if they want to be assholes its there $14. But instead its "RAWR RAWR Shitty streamer! RAWR Believer in stupid Conspiracies! Rawr I'M PURE!!" and suddenly people are raising their eyebrows and the Phrase from Hamlet "The Lady doth protest too much, methinks..." is running through everyone's mind.

But you're right, I really have no idea if there has been a huge arrangement been made between the big powers. It would be impossible to prove and all you would get is wilful amnesia from the participants if there was any proof of it.

Anyway...

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: March 14, 2015, 03:53:45 PM

You know Endie. Here's a tip. You could have just said "I have no idea what those asswipes were doing down there. They probably went down to beat on brave themselves, we had nothing to do with it" that would have been fair enough. That's plausible. You cant control everyone people in game really and if they want to be assholes its there $14. But instead its "RAWR RAWR Shitty streamer! RAWR Believer in stupid Conspiracies! Rawr I'M PURE!!" and suddenly people are raising their eyebrows and the Phrase from Hamlet "The Lady doth protest too much, methinks..." is running through everyone's mind.

But you're right, I really have no idea if there has been a huge arrangement been made between the big powers. It would be impossible to prove and all you would get is wilful amnesia from the participants if there was any proof of it.

Anyway...

Yes but your problem is that I knew *exactly* what they were doing down there.  And I know what else is in the post, too, there and elsewhere.  And no, I have no desire to tell you but I will repeat that you are so far from what is happening that it constitutes highly refined comedy gold of a level of purity that is potentially hazardous to the health.

And why would I care about our members fucking with Brave anyway, let alone make apologetic noises about it to you?  We do that all the time, just like everybody else in Eve does.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Eve becoming cool again  
Jump to: